AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Slow and other models think cheap is „real“

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2020
Germany
linktr.ee
Twitter Username
@carmen_monroe94
Hi guys !
I would like to discuss the following topic with you. I think a lot of you have noticed that it is difficult on the sites at the moment and that it is incredibly slow. When I'm bored, I sometimes click through the cams and see more and more models from my country who make their tip menu extremely cheap, in the hope of getting more people to tip. But a model really shocked me today with her statement after a user asked why she got everything so cheap. Her statement was

"Because I am real and honest and don't want to pull the money out of the men's pocket"

I mean seriously? She makes it even more difficult for the other models, or am I wrong? That's our job and with cheap prices you attract even more of the cheap users. I have attached the tip menu of this girl, what do you think?

Attachments

• 6065CAA6-A2FF-4375-A64D-74C045CD0A05.jpeg
    6065CAA6-A2FF-4375-A64D-74C045CD0A05.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
She found a tip menu that works for her. It isn't for everyone, but it does work for some models, especially ones with a lush active. I've seen similar menus in the past. It encourages a tipping by committee approach rather than pandering to a handful of tippers.

How does this affect you at all? You aren't going to change your prices because one of the like 1000 models active on the site is offering a cheap menu. If one of the cheapskates from her room slides in and demands her prices just ban the fucker. If anything it just encourages more actual tippers as opposed to a bunch of lurkers.

She found a tip menu that works for her. It isn't for everyone, but it does work for some models, especially ones with a lush active. I've seen similar menus in the past. It encourages a tipping by committee approach rather than pandering to a handful of tippers.

How does this affect you at all? You aren't going to change your prices because one of the like 1000 models active on the site is offering a cheap menu. If one of the cheapskates from her room slides in and demands her prices just ban the fucker. If anything it just encourages more actual tippers as opposed to a bunch of lurkers.
Yeah I mean I get it if you have a Tip menu that might work for you, you do you but what really annoys me is this „Oh other models only want your money, I’m real and honest because I’m cheaper“ attitude.

Not every model likes to sell her service for such a cheap price, but that doesn’t mean we are not honest.

Yeah I mean I get it if you have a Tip menu that might work for you, you do you but what really annoys me is this „Oh other models only want your money, I’m real and honest because I’m cheaper“ attitude.

Not every model likes to sell her service for such a cheap price, but that doesn’t mean we are not honest.
It's just another way to trick guys into tipping her as far as I'm concerned. Playing the good girl in a site full of "scammers" will earn you bonus points from the white knights.

Of course this wouldn't even be an issue if you weren't watching other cams to begin with. Focus on your room and what works for you, and your boundaries. What makes other models rich might not work for you and vice versa.

"Because I am real and honest and don't want to pull the money out of the men's pocket"

I mean seriously? She makes it even more difficult for the other models, or am I wrong? That's our job and with cheap prices you attract even more of the cheap users. I have attached the tip menu of this girl, what do you think?
I can understand why a statement like this is upsetting, because she is not 'real and honest' if she were a 'real and honest' exhibitionist she would not charge users for the things on her menu, so she is also in it to make money.

Also having 5 items at the same rate is confusing and dumb, and yes her prices are definitely very low. But I am guessing that competition between performers on site that use a revenue-based ranking is fierce.

She's a "Pick-Me Girl." That's a woman who claims or acts as if she is unlike most other women, in order to gain attention from men. Pay her no mind. She wants to be different, let her.

She's a "Pick-Me Girl." That's a woman who claims or acts as if she is unlike most other women, in order to gain attention from men. Pay her no mind. She wants to be different, let her.

Ahh, chronic people-pleasing. You lose so much of yourself when you diminish your worth just for acceptance and validation. It sucks. It's sad. It's not taking food out of *my* mouth, but it does make me think "This girl ain't gonna be around too long"

I know it’s frustrating to see/hear but anytime I see something like that my mind just goes to “Would you feel okay flashing for 1$ (Aka .35 cents on SM)?” And my answer is always no. I set my prices to go with what makes me feel good. Yes they’re on the high end of the scale, and yes some guys take off when they see the private price or that it’s 25$ to c2c but there’s always 3 guys who will pay to replace the one who won’t. I would rather do 1 show at 15$/min than 15 shows at 1$/min for the same money only much less work and wear and tear on your body 😊

Like the other girls said, ignore her — she’ll burn herself out, or keep the guys you probably don’t want in your room in hers 🙆🏼‍♀️

Yep, this. It doesn't actually fuck up our economy because everyone's tip menu prices vary so much that it won't matter. We aren't actually competing with each other when it comes down to it, and while this whole "i'M nOT LiKe OtHeR GiRLs i AcTuALLy CaRe" attitude is irritating, it's naïve and it will likely bite her in the ass eventually.

Just do your thing, and charge what you want because it's your room and your show. I've never had anyone even comment on my tip menu prices, even to complain.

I think the model’s tip menu and statements will only result in short terms gains and likely burnout on her end. Her prices will also attract a certain type of clientele IMO and she’ll have to deal with that. She’ll dig her own grave, so to speak.

But I think every model who tries to be as successful as they can, goes through trying to find the balance of audience attraction/retention, pricing things that yield the highest profits while giving the proper quality of services or actions when tipped for it, and maintaining a good energy to sustain that balance. Oh and doesn’t make negative remarks about other models.

Her approach is very ummm, odd 🤷🏻‍♀️ but I agree with everyone else, don’t let her actions frustrate you and pay no mind to her. Keep on doing you love ❤️💪

"Because I am real and honest and don't want to pull the money out of the men's pocket."

Yikes. Lol. Yeah, a statement like that coming from a fellow model is disappointing, and I guess it's a tactic some use to convince members that she's "more worthy/more deserving" of their money than other models. Lol. Probably works on some dudes who love a bargain, and don't realize (or care?) that the model who just agreed to mail him her dirty panties for only 100 tokens is shooting herself in the foot.....

This isn't Ollie's Bargain Outlet ("Good stuff cheap" is their motto). It's a cam site...adult entertainment. Tipping 1 token and talking about "Wut dat azz look like?" is dumb.....

macaulay culkin christmas movies GIF

And none of us models enjoy hearing "ShOw Me ThAt Ur WoRtH mY tOkEns." Yeah, um...I'm not jumping through extra hoops to convince your disrespectful, cheap ass that I'm "worth" 40 tokens for that bouncing tits flash you wanna see. If my personality and vibe (and the fact that you keep lurking my room every night) hasn't already convinced you that I deserve even a 10-token tip, oh well.

She is trying sooooooo hard to make users think like she is not like "the other cam girls". Cheers to her for finding a tip menu that works best for her, but the argument that she brought is annoying to me, at least. If she continues to act like this, she won't survive long in the camming universe.

Let her be. Whoever wants to spend money with you will do so. They won't remember that a random chick once typed in her chat "Because I am real and honest and don't want to pull the money out of the men's pocket" and have second thoughts.

What makes YOU feel better about yourself and what YOU do? Do you want to get a bunch of one dollar tips from guys that don't respect you, or would you rather wait around for the ones that will tip you what you deserve for your performance? You probably don't want her tippers anyway.....what she said is really shitty, but also sad, that she values herself and what she does so poorly, it only draws people to her room that will do the same. But hell, I haven't cammed yet so I don't know! But so far from what I've learned from all you amazing women here, and what I see on cam sites, I don't think her strategy has longevity. If you undervalue yourself, in ANYTHING in life, you'll just end up depressed and hating what you do no matter what it is. Just my very humble opinion.

One thing about a model proclaiming “I’m not like the others” … I doubt it would make a difference to the majority of members whether she is or is not “like the others.”

If she is what a member is looking for, they’ll stick around. If she’s not, they won’t. But they’ll probably make that decision based on watching & interacting for a while to see if the model lines up with their tastes.

Hell, “I’m not like the others” isn’t even necessarily a good thing depending on which member you ask. There are tons of models that fit my personal preferences. Not being “like them” could make me less likely to spend money, not more likely.

I read somewhere that the most active private room rates on Chaturbate are something like 6 or 9 tokens per minute. I would literally rather make no money than to wear myself out physically and mentally performing shows for such a low rate.
If the girls who charge really low rates think it makes them more proletarian, more 99 percenter, then that's okay with me. They're attracting a different crowd than what I want.

If that girl said to your face that she thinks you're fake because you charge too much, would you really care? I wouldn't. The customers used to say it to me every day when I was new.
Everyone has their own hustle, and sometimes it's offensive to other models.

Perhaps it was a clumsy response to the question (maybe even through a translator?) and perhaps not intended as it comes off?
But regardless of that, I think of far more importance than the token value of each item, is that most viewers will want to feel engaged with the model to tip.
That connection is what levels the field, not how low someone will go with their prices.
I'm someone who is drawn in by personality; some go for looks alone; but I doubt all that many with tokens would start tipping purely on menu price.

Status
Not open for further replies.