AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So.... IM GETTING MARRIED !!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teagan

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 3, 2010
Midwest
The bf proposed over the weekend and we are getting married :)

Its funny how I planned things here and there over the years and now that it comes down to it all I can think about is how I dont have the $1000 to be be able to go up north and visit my dad in the last 1-2 months he's going to be alive before I do. (For those who dont know he has stage 4 Lung Cancer and he is in his final days.) It makes me very sad he will never meet my future husband, or see his daughter with him and happy. No walk down the aisle, or father daughter dance. If I could i'd go up there right now and at least say my goodbyes. I hate money at times like these.

But that brings me to my question for everyone... How do you handle your family for occasions like this? I know my dad is not going to be there so who gives me away? How do we honor him at the ceremony? How do I deal with my crazy mom who did her best to ruin my sisters and brothers weddings over religion? How do i deal with those forever difficult people? Do you have any experiences dealing with anything like this? Doesnt have to be a wedding but just any occasion, and it can be your friends moments of dealing with difficult people you witnessed too. I guess im just looking for some "I could have it worse so i should be grateful for what I do have" moments lol.

Teagan_Chase said:

Its funny how I planned things here and there over the years and now that it comes down to it all I can think about is how I dont have the $1000 to be be able to go up north and visit my dad in the last 1-2 months he's going to be alive before I do. (For those who dont know he has stage 4 Lung Cancer and he is in his final days.) It makes me very sad he will never meet my future husband, or see his daughter with him and happy. No walk down the aisle, or father daughter dance. If I could i'd go up there right now and at least say my goodbyes. I hate money at times like these.

But that brings me to my question for everyone... How do you handle your family for occasions like this? I know my dad is not going to be there so who gives me away? How do we honor him at the ceremony? How do I deal with my crazy mom who did her best to ruin my sisters and brothers weddings over religion? How do i deal with those forever difficult people? Do you have any experiences dealing with anything like this? Doesnt have to be a wedding but just any occasion, and it can be your friends moments of dealing with difficult people you witnessed too. I guess im just looking for some "I could have it worse so i should be grateful for what I do have" moments lol.

Firstly, Congratulations,

and the only thing I can think of if the worst does happen is that your father is properly honoured in the speeches at the wedding.

Although, dont rule out him being there, Hope is a very powerful thing,

I wanted to congratulate you on your wedding, and tell you I know nothing about them and can give you no advice. Please do not give up on your father though, I know someone who only had a few months to live over a year ago. He still looks very much alive, and has no visible signs of his condition. While some fates are unavoidable you can occasionally put them off if you have people supporting you and a strong will.

Congratulations! Anyone you really like can "give the bride away." When I got married the first time, we picked up a homeless guy who seemed nice, lying in an alley next to a dumpster...he was easy to manage too!

:mrgreen: Just kidding. We used an old friend of the family. :)

If the worst doesn't happen, and your dad is still alive but unable to travel, then you could always set up a skype call for him to see the wedding live. You might want to get someone to ask your dad to give his blessing in a video or letter just in case? Allow him to write out a speech now.

And set up a fund for your fans to help pay for a trip to see him maybe?

If the worst happens and he's gone, I've known of people who used a picture of the person as a stand-in. You could have a picture nestled into your bouquet, or just one sitting in the seat that would be reserved for him.

Who says anyone has to walk you down the aisle? You're not a piece of property so I don't see why you couldn't give yourself away.

Or heck, walk down the aisle with your soon to be spouse as a way of 'giving yourselves to each other' since you're both consenting adults. Tradition isn't always best and isn't always right. ;)

I have no advice on the mother situation. :( .... As for your dad, my grandparents (who raised me during a crucial part of my teenage years) weren't able to attend my vows ceremony because of my grandmother's cancer so they filmed a short congratulations, advice and we support you video and they called right after the ceremony so they could hear while BJ and I watched the video. It wasn't the same as them being there, but it was incredibly meaningful and BJ and I will never forget it (in fact it's saved on 3 different hard drives and a few emails just in case.)

If your dad isn't able to do that, Luna's suggestion of a skype call seems spot on. If that doesn't work, then a quick skype session now (or as soon as possible) with your partner and father could be nice. I know that my biggest worry when we found out my grandmother had cancer was that she may never be able to meet BJ in person so she could see for herself that I wasn't ending up with a jerk so skyping with them helped me feel like I wasn't missing out on anything.

Congratulations and I hope you're able to make your day special and all that you've ever dreamed it could be. :dance:

Congrats!!

I'll walk you down the isle if you want. Walk you, then just walk out.

People will be like "who the fuck was that??"

Reactions: Teagan
Teagan_Chase said:

You could add a "wish you were here" slide show about your dad (most reception centres and churches will allow that without comment) then just walk straight down the centre of the isle with everyone knowing who should be there.

Relatives I can't comment on. i disowned all of mine years go.

Good luck and best wishes sweetie :D

wow so many conflicting emotions... i'm sorry about your dad
and i'm happy that your guy proposed! congratulation!

all i can say about your worries is... it's YOUR life, YOUR wedding, just as you can invite anyone you like (or not), you can build your wedding just the way you want
i know mom's can be a pain in the ass.. but if you just do it... what is she gonna do?
as long as your partner agree's with it, you really should just follow your heart

best of luck!

I was trying to remember what my friend with the bitch of a mother did... and I remembered.

She had two ceremonies. Her mother was invited to the official one, and that was the one that happened exactly the way she wanted. This was the one that made it legally binding. The second one was just friends, and one of their very close friends officiated. It was small, held outdoors in a clearing in the woods, and the party happened on the spot with stuff the friends brought, so it was also close-to free.

In the first wedding, they said the traditional vows to make the mother happy, in the second, it was vows they wrote. They did the second on their first year anniversary, also.

My friend's thought on it was- most of these ceremonies are not about the people everyone says it's about. The wedding isn't held for the couple, it's held for the mothers of the couple (and so the community can see that they're actually serious about it). The funeral isn't for the person who died, it's for all the loved ones left behind. Most girls, since they were young, have been planning what they want in a wedding. But what they don't realize, is moms begin planning what they want their kids' weddings to look like when the kid is born.

Random side note: when I was five, I thought that there was only one style wedding dress, one type of cake, that every single wedding was basically the same wedding, only with different people and all the stuff had to be made again. This misconception persisted until my teens.

First let me just say thank you for all the congratulations :) Im very excited about it despite family issues. To be celebrated for sure :)

Let me first say as far as my father goes I do have to rule him out. He has already lived beyond the first 6 month time he got originally by 2 months but the cancer is starting to take hold. He is home and bed bound now and other issues I dont wanna mention. Basically this is it for him. For those who have seen the final stages of Cancer he is in the steps toward the end. Thank you though again for the suggestions of how to honor him.

The wedding isnt going to be until the fall, and were doing it on top of a mountain so if he is around he wont be able to see it as no internet there. Plus my parents dont have internet anyway. So many hospital bills saw to that. We are going to have it videotaped as much of our family wont be able to attend. So they will still be able to see it and my dress and all. Plus pictures too. I brought it up to the fiance after seeing your post Rose and he loved the idea. :) It also means no walk down the aisle or anything which im okay with. Youre right Nordling I could always have a family friend or maybe my brother even walk me if it changes, or walk myself. Kunra that would be hilarious though to just have you walk in and out without a word lol. My fiance would never go for it, but i would crack up for sure!

If we have a reception it will be where most our family is so a picture in a chair reserved for him will be present. Thank you Luna for the idea. I love it. And Sweetie Batman he will for sure be mentioned in the speeches. Plus Luna i will ask my mom to talk to him to see if he wants to write down anything before hand. I like that as well if he's up to it, and wants to of course. It can be read then. They dont have a video camera so nothing taped, but it would be a nice sentiment for sure. Maybe i can talk my sister into letting them use theirs. If not pictures honoring him in a slide show is an awesome idea Red. Especially if he is able to write a speech or something to be read during.

As far as setting up a fund to go see him as you know you're not allowed Chip Ins or anything. Even just having my profile set up for Payoneer donations to it isnt allowed. Or even just the info I have one and can take them. So im not really sure how to do that even. Other than maybe have it advertised as a room topic thats what all tips all going towards im at a loss for it.

Oh yes Tasha my mother is just awful. But you are right an it is OUR wedding. She had hers and this one is MINE. I just think about what she did before and cringe lol. For my sisters wedding she got the whole Catholic church deal so she felt like she had raised her "right" so she picked on other things like how SHE would look that day. No joke. She made a huge deal out of it to the point of having her dress custom made, and going on about how she wouldnt have time to take me to get my hair done that day (I WAS THE MAID OF HONOR !) Cause she had to go get hers done instead. It was ridiculous what she put my sister through. On top of it on the day she made me late to my sisters house as she was driving me which put everything behind. She didnt even say sorry. For my brothers wedding the bride was no Catholic so she made that the big deal. It wasnt in her church and she commented a few times right in front of the bride how shes so happy for them but wishes it was done "right" in the eyes of God. It was in a church mind you but not Catholic. I finally had to pull her aside and tell her to shut the fuck up about it. She was making everyone uncomfortable, and technically its supposed to go by the brides religion not the mother of the groom lol. She just blew me off saying she didnt see anything wrong with what she said anytime and again never apologized to any one. My fiances opinion on it he will let me handle my family how i want to, and he will deal with his. Hes already talked to his mom and shes made comments already to him he had to shut down lol. Ugh parents.

Thats one of the reasons why we chose to have it where we are and not where our families are. Im not gonna deal with or put up with any of that. My mom will not travel here so she cant say a thing lol. And i have no issue with standing up to her and telling her off if she tries her religious stuff on me. Im the only one in my family who will. They can come to a reception if we have one but the wedding is just me and him on a mountain. Im okay with that and were excited just as much as we would be if it was big with everyone around us. Thats really all that matters to us.

Luna your last part cracked me up about thinking all weddings were the same lol. Ive been to several cookie cutter weddings and it just never appealed to me. I never wanted any of that stuff. Were not having a cake even. Im making the flowers myself, doing my own hair, etc. I have my tiara picked out on Amazon and it's $20. Im wearing combat like boots that Ive wishlisted since im gonna be trekking up a mountain the day of even. No heels for me. I have a Cricut on my wishlist for making our invitations, announcements, and thank you cards too. Our rings even are only $100 total and picked out. It will be very affordable and small. Im hoping i get some amazon gift cards in the next couple months at work so i can get the stuff lol. Fingers crossed.

I know my mom has certainly been planning my wedding since i was born, but i figure she got the church thing she wanted already so this one is all me. And we do not have the money to have 2 lol. All of this would be twice as much considering it would be in Chicago and mark ups there. Yikes. Even just the venues alone there are ridiculous. I understand wanting it to be for the family and not the couple, but i just dont see it that way. We decided it was for us alone. Our families basically dont deserve it to be about them. Maybe if they did we would see it differently, but as it stands our families are wont be contributed a penny to any of it, and have in no way supported us for years. Everything we have is despite them, not because of.

Anyway enough rambling ill let you all reply now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.