AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So is skype allowed on chaturbate or not? Getting mixed information

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2017
Are skype shows allowed if they are paid for exclusively with chaturbate tokens? Some models openly sell skype shows for tokens while others are terrified of it. Just looking for a definitive yes/no, thanks.

Are skype shows allowed if they are paid for exclusively with chaturbate tokens? Some models openly sell skype shows for tokens while others are terrified of it. Just looking for a definitive yes/no, thanks.

Technically the model agreement states "I agree that under no circumstances will I communicate with any user of the Site through any means other than through the Site without the express written permission of the Site;"

I am not aware of a situation where this rule has been enforced though, if I recall correctly the word snapchat couldnt even be used in chat (wouldnt send to the room) a few years ago and now you can say it without any issue. Edit: Apologies, i should have said I am not aware of a situation where the rule has been enforced with the exception of competing cam sites.

Upvote 0
Just heard back from chaturbate support and officially, skype is allowed so long as it's paid for with tokens exclusively. If they suspect you of taking outside payment for the skype shows, then you dun goofed. Thanks for the responses.

Upvote 0
well they should change this then, i quote from whats written on chat when u start your cam "Broadcaster Rules: Tokens are the only form of payment allowed. You may promote your personal website as long as it does not offer video chat. Do not provide your Skype or Yahoo Messenger to anyone, and do not ask users to chat with you elsewhere. "

Upvote 0
well they should change this then, i quote from whats written on chat when u start your cam "Broadcaster Rules: Tokens are the only form of payment allowed. You may promote your personal website as long as it does not offer video chat. Do not provide your Skype or Yahoo Messenger to anyone, and do not ask users to chat with you elsewhere. "

This is to cover their asses. This is one of those, 'Don't make this a problem for us' rules which always gets written but enforcement is handled in a crackdown fashion rather than in a zero tolerance way. Like the speed limit you can only go so far over before they start to enforce it. We've already seen in threads here when people start screwing up skype deals and CB needs to hand out refunds too much this rule comes into play.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Upvote 0
This is to cover their asses. This is one of those, 'Don't make this a problem for us' rules which always gets written but enforcement is handled in a crackdown fashion rather than in a zero tolerance way. Like the speed limit you can only go so far over before they start to enforce it. We've already seen in threads here when people start screwing up skype deals and CB needs to hand out refunds too much this rule comes into play.

Exactly this. A support agent told me they don't prefer models using skype because of all the scamming douchebags out there who try to pull a model away from her broadcast. But if it's paid with tokens they don't care. Heard it straight from the horse's mouth. In their terms they said do not give out personal information and that you do so at your own risk. So it's up to the model whether she trusts the guy asking for skype i guess.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.