AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2017
London
Hiiii!

So after years of contemplating about camming I decided to give it a go!

I've joined LiveJasmin and I'm ready to go!

I wondered if anyone could give me advise in regards to social media. I know that advertising yourself on Twitter etc is going to help drive traffic towards your profile but I have banned the UK from watching my cam sessions due to people I know seeing me etc.

Has anyone banned their country/city before but still made social media accounts to promote their cam sessions?

Xox

yes ! I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and have a twitter account , i don't really care if they find me on twitter because even if they click on my cam link they won't be able to open it because I have Nevada blocked. It sucks though that's kind of the risk you're taking ya know ? Unless there's a way to block users from the UK on your twitter? That way you have the UK blocked on social media and your cam profile.

yes ! I live in Las Vegas, Nevada and have a twitter account , i don't really care if they find me on twitter because even if they click on my cam link they won't be able to open it because I have Nevada blocked. It sucks though that's kind of the risk you're taking ya know ? Unless there's a way to block users from the UK on your twitter? That way you have the UK blocked on social media and your cam profile.

Hey girl

I've opened a twitter account and so far so good. I think it's inevitable that people will find out some day but if I'm successful at the time I will give less of a shit, if that makes sense lol?

I have bloked the UK from watching me cam but considering blocking cities now instead of the whole of the UK!

Drop me a follow if you like, be good to have fellow cammers to talk to on there! @ItsBabyBella

xox.

I've mentioned this in a couple threads already but just a safety reminder that those location blocks are not guaranteed to work. It's relatively trivial these days to get an ip address in a fake location. It's actually getting more popular due to "cord cutters" where someone in the USA wants UK access to BBC etc.

I've mentioned this in a couple threads already but just a safety reminder that those location blocks are not guaranteed to work. It's relatively trivial these days to get an ip address in a fake location. It's actually getting more popular due to "cord cutters" where someone in the USA wants UK access to BBC etc.

Hell, I'm in central Iowa but the IP for my cell phone says that I'm in Nebraska. Ip's aren't even accurate without a VPN.

Reactions: ItsBabyBella
Hell, I'm in central Iowa but the IP for my cell phone says that I'm in Nebraska. Ip's aren't even accurate without a VPN.

Oh I totally agree. The first time I posted with this warning someone marked the post as "disagree" so I just figured that future postings I'd just focus on the ease of VPN since it's a little easier to explain.

I just don't want to see a model get bit by this false sense of security

I have my region blocked. For twitter you should be ok if you dont link your phone number because itll recommend you to anyone that has it. When I made my Instagram i went though and blocked like 200 people from my regular account that live in my city and havent had any issues 8 months later. Nothing you do is a guarantee, theres always a chance that someone will see your cam accounts. I hope this helps a little bit though.

• Hugs

gdi- you just reminded me of a movie I want to stream that's only available in the UK

• Hugs
I have my region blocked. For twitter you should be ok if you dont link your phone number because itll recommend you to anyone that has it. When I made my Instagram i went though and blocked like 200 people from my regular account that live in my city and havent had any issues 8 months later. Nothing you do is a guarantee, theres always a chance that someone will see your cam accounts. I hope this helps a little bit though.

I would think it'd be easier to just get a second phone so you have a work and personal, keeping them entirely separate.

I would think it'd be easier to just get a second phone so you have a work and personal, keeping them entirely separate.

When i first started i did this. It was impractical for myself, but it could work for some people.

No matter what you do to try and prevent it just accept it now that you're going to be found by people you know in some form or another. Some gals get lucky, but it's never a guarantee.

I've had a handful of people follow my twitter (and my insta when it was open) that I knew irl. People get curious or people want to be a part of it. If you're thinking that this will seriously bother you, ruin relationships, ruin a future career, or even be dangerous... then I highly suggest don't cam unless you're prepared for those things to happen.

As far as social media: you can private your accounts and filter through who can and can't follow you without letting the general public through. I personally think it's a terrible idea unless you're charging for follows, twitter and such is best used for advertising which means it's best to have your accounts public.

Status
Not open for further replies.