AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Socially Awkward Real-life

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I_Am_Iris said:
I frequently check my social media sites and forums to see how many likes, favorites, and thanks I've received for posts I've made. If no one comments or gives me electronic kudos after a few hours, I have to desperately fight myself not to delete it.

Geez, I'm so needy. :shhh:
*decides to thank in order to reduce the social anxiety of Iris*

ConnerJay said:
My life is such a blur of social awkwardness that I cannot even pinpoint a specific situation to share.

I'd just like to give a huge shout out to smart phones,house pets, and alcohol for making my life easier.

People must just assume I am a raging alcoholic, textaholic, crazy cat lady.

.......really only the former is true. :shifty: :shhh:

That's me. Asperger's is fun like that. I'm not shy at all, so I'll head into a lot of situations being reasonably outgoing. Then it becomes apparent that people don't know how to react to me and I slowly retreat into a comfy corner with my phone or my cat or my drink and second guess myself for awhile. If I'm in someone else's home and they have pets I'm instantly calmer from the beginning because I know I have an emergency backup plan!

I can't pick out any specific instances because... well... typically I have no idea that I'm being generally strange! Sometimes, if I'm lucky, my husband or one of my closer friends can point out what happened later on. I kept babbling about something or other well after everyone stopped caring/I failed to pretend I was interested when I became bored, I took a statement too literally/I used the wrong tone and someone else took me literally when I wasn't serious, I completely failed to realize someone was joking/I thought someone was joking when they weren't... Variations on any of those themes, and plenty of others.

Anything specific example that was obvious enough that even I realized it is probably so embarrassing that I've blocked it out. And then again, I question every single interaction I have after the fact, unsure whether I seemed like a complete nut. I usually become convinced that whatever I did was exactly wrong, but I'm sure most of the time no one notices and certainly doesn't remember. I also feel like if I'm not currently mortified about something then I'm probably about to be.

I_Am_Iris said:
I frequently check my social media sites and forums to see how many likes, favorites, and thanks I've received for posts I've made. If no one comments or gives me electronic kudos after a few hours, I have to desperately fight myself not to delete it.

Geez, I'm so needy. :shhh:

Until you were the 10th person to thank my contribution to this thread, I regretted ever have doing so.

AmberCutie said:
At urgent care last year for "the great spider bite of 2011". Doc is chatting with me and the hubby, asks what I do for a living. My initial blurt-out was "I'M A STAY AT HOME MOM".... "wait, I mean, I am a housewife! I don't have kids, I don't know why I said that, sorry!". Jawbs still makes fun of me for that moment. He says he thinks it's adorable how socially awkward and anxious I am, but I find it quite frustrating.

I hate how I scramble when I'm not expecting someone to ask about my job and then they do. Especially since this doctor thought I was some junkie who got an infected needle wound (he really did tell me something like "Oh usually when we see infections like this they're from heroin needles. Lots of strippers come in with that.") So my wishy washy answer only made him more skeptical of my "spider bite".

I'm still mortified.
Omg are we talking about 'THE' spider bite? lol! There's no way he could have mistaken you for a drug-addled stripper with a needlestick infection :lol: You are way, WAY too healthy looking for that lol.

Still hilarious.

Also knowing where the spider bite was, that lucky-ass doctor must have had his hands mere inches from downtown Amburger :p

You COULD always play it off as you just left your job and now when anyone asks you the old automatic answer of 'oh I'm a ___' runs into the new one of 'Don't have a new job yet' and it comes out all borked up :p

Btw, I can't imagine strippers doing heroin then worrying about a spot on their leg :lol:

Reactions: LadyLuna
This is more social anxiety, but I went to a street art festival with Boyfriend a few weeks ago and... it took a lot for me to NOT run away crying.

Nothing happened, really, it was just very out of my comfort zone. The art was wonderful, I loved seeing all the different styles, but there were SO. MANY. PEOPLE. And they were not staying out of my personal bubble. I do not want to be constantly bumped in to, I do not want to be within touching distance of huge amounts of people.

I kept it together (thank gawd) but all I wanted to do for most of the festival was run far far far away and get in bed and hide.

A_Cute_Mew said:
Man, that sounds exactly like something I would do. Glad someone else blurts out stupid answers that aren't right at all! I think I might just start telling people I have a rare form of turrets. Stay at home mom. Hell no, I'm a cam girl. I mean post-apocalyptic-zombie-killing-hobo damn it! Sorry, rare turrets! Now gimme a sec, and I'll figure out what I do without sounding shifty and suspicious!" :woops:
Rare turrets?! :eek: are they like built out of adamantium or?

In seventh grade, I was randomly told that I was cool. I mumbled something, and then blurted out "Why?"

I was a complete dork, and knew it. I was also the social outcast. Somehow, being the loner had become cool and I hadn't noticed.

Before camming, if a dude checked me out I would think it was flattering. Now I get very uncomfortable with guys looking at me. My first thoughts are "omg what if he recognizes me " when they are looking at me..
Before I used to always like dressing up, now I'm in sweatpants, old shirts and no make up because I don't like the attention.
Anyone get this?

me- can i have a coffee please?
barista - what kind?
me - small coffee please
barista..with an odd look - sorry what kind?
me - small coffee
barsita - do u want a flat white, capuciino, latte..
me - Oh sorry just a flat white thanks..

:woops:

Kickaz said:
Before camming, if a dude checked me out I would think it was flattering. Now I get very uncomfortable with guys looking at me. My first thoughts are "omg what if he recognizes me " when they are looking at me..
Before I used to always like dressing up, now I'm in sweatpants, old shirts and no make up because I don't like the attention.
Anyone get this?

yeah... its always uncomfortable when guys check me out as well. I mean, im really, REALLY hot and all that, but seriously, keep it in your pants, guys! :p

-DP

Apparently I sound like a huge bitch to cashiers. It was pointed out to me by a friend while turning down a receipt. I just said "neh I dont need that ". Apparently my tone cam off really bitchy, when I didnt mean to at all.

I think I'll just go back to shuffling, mumbling, and leaving little crumpled receipts everywhere :oops: :oops:

I am weird, odd, eccentric, crazy, aloof, or whatever else fits a guy who doesn't fit in anywhere. And for the most part I just don't give a shit anymore so I rarely socialize. I refuse to be a hypocrite in order to be more popular or accepted.
:(

I went to make a night deposit at the bank. The branch I went to does the whole ATM just inside the bank, with the second set of doors just past the ATM being locked, thing. So, I sit out in my car to fill out the envelope. Just as I'm putting things away and grabbing stuff up to get out of the car, someone else drives up and runs in to grab cash. I had to look like the idiot who was waiting to see if someone else went in before going in. So embarrassing.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
Last night I went to a friend's band-rehearsal. Afterward, I complimented them on what I felt was the best song in the set. They all just started laughing. Apparently, it was the only cover out of 15 songs. I wanted to die.

I_Am_Iris said:
Last night I went to a friend's band-rehearsal. Afterward, I complimented them on what I felt was the best song in the set. They all just started laughing. Apparently, it was the only cover out of 15 songs. I wanted to die.
I did something like that in high school, my friends didn't take it so well. :?

I_Am_Iris said:

Hey, good cover bands are hard to find these days.

I_Am_Iris said:

When I saw your tweet earlier, I thought of this thread. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.