AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sometimes I am moved by the strangest things

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

Jul 31, 2011
It's a feeling akin to seeing a sensual gif, or a still photo of a beautiful woman....if there's an eroticism to life that's not sexual, I guess that'd be it.....somewhere between a longing and a fulfillment, this feeling surfaces from time to time

Today, it came from my fascination with maps. I've always had a love affair with them, seduced by the beauty of their visual interpretation of information, but frustrated by the difficulty of taking a static map and relating it to another static map, and visualizing how that information has changed through time.

Fortunately, there are others with more vision than I....some of them work for NASA and get paid....others are just those people who I think of as having too much time on their hands. But between LANDSAT and Google, maps are finally reaching their potential.

A couple of introductory vids, if'n you're curious

And a socio-political commentary, that makes this new mapmaking potent in yet another way......
before Rush Limbaugh became such an overtly, over-the-top pompous ass -back in the days when he was just beginning to feel the tickle of fame- he was fond of calling for "more science"....more studies to support the "absurd" allegations of environmentalists who found their calling after reading "Silent Spring".

Some of these map studies have been studying human interaction with the environment for 40 years....and they are the beginning of the answer to Limbaugh's derisive commentaries about the ability of our species to change the face of the planet.

Sometimes....I am moved by the strangest things :whistle:

No I get it bob. I love science, I love technology and when the 2 get together some amazing shit happens. I think its the catholic priest effect - it just sorta touches that lil kid that's in all of us.

Reactions: bob and camstory
Neudiin said:
I think its the catholic priest effect - it just sorta touches that lil kid that's in all of us.

:eek: :laughing-rolling: :clap: :clap:

thats perfect....

I understand the feeling you mean as you describe. Sometimes I find a tear in my eye, well the making of one anyway, and wonder if I am not experiencing menopause. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.