AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Spam: Hey! Check this out! It really works!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyLemon

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 8, 2010
I've noticed in recent weeks a HUGE increase in premium members spamming my public chat with this message, "hey! check this out! it really works!.... blah blah blah livecamz blah"

Sometimes these are "new" premiums with zero tokens and a 20 camscore, but recently I've seen obviously established premiums spamming the same thing (fellows who obviously are active on the site, have profiles, etc...) I contacted one and he informed me it was a "hack" and someone had managed to hijack his account for the purpose of spamming. This of course was *after* I told him he was an ass-clown so aside from my profuse apologies I didn't pursue any follow up information lol.

On any given day I receive half a dozen of those spammy links in my public chat and most recently a member repeatedly posted a banner link to the same site on my profile which makes me think the problem is escalating.

Anybody have any more info on this phenomenon? I have already contacted support about it, but i was wondering what the word was on the street.

I'm honestly surprised Leo isn't handing out IP ban hammers left and right since this is one of the rules he actually sticks to when he sees it happen. I haven't experienced any of this in my own chat, but I'm probably flying so low on the radar most nights it's not big surprised. XD

Happens in EmpressOFJoy's room, too. I've reported it, but never heard back.

I see it happen all the time, but I follow a good policy of not clicking any link from anyone I don't know in chat. And even if it is someone I do know I make sure its a link that isn't going to cause me trouble down the road.

but yeah shits annoying.

LovelyLemon said:
... but recently I've seen obviously established premiums spamming the same thing (fellows who obviously are active on the site, have profiles, etc...)

I'm going to say firstly that chances are dude clicked on the link and MAYBE even filled in a form there. Chances are good his computer is not terribly secure i.e. outdated Java, no adblock, outdated/no antivirus, and maybe even using Internet Explorer (ActiveX is another security risk in the hands of someone who doesn't know better). Thinking about it a while, my guess is that they're not really targetting the MFC accounts primarily, however. It's more likely they're looking to grab credit card or other identifying information and decided to go after MFC accounts to have an even better method of spreading their link around.

I agree that the spamming is getting much worse. I think I'm seeing it at least 3-4 times a day now. As for the banner ad that was brought up, I saw that on quite a few profiles Friday night (with few exceptions, they were all top rated models who got spammed).

I think that if you see spamming in any chat room or profile, report it to MFC immediately. There's no way in hell that Leo's going to let spamming other sites go on. If some innocent premiums who had their accounts hijacked get in trouble, that's the price they'll have to pay for letting their information out there like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.