AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Star Trek Beyond

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2016
MFC Username
Yavin4MFC
Anyone seen Star Trek Beyond? I know one model who really loved it, I finally saw it last night and thought it was one of the best Star Trek movies in years, if not decades. Really, really good!

Reactions: Gen
I liked it a lot, but I'm a sucker for the Star Trek saga. Pretty much like everything. I found this one awesome as an adventure story, extremely well acted and brilliantly filmed. But this one was set up in a hurry and just took off. I know it's hard to do the "exploration" thing in a movie (more so than a TV series), and they did give a nod to it with Kirk's growing weary of the long mission, but I really like that side of the Trek universe and would like to see more of that. Maybe I need another TV series!

were you aware of the upcoming new series called Discovery? coming in 2017

Very annoying. Only going to be airing on CBS All Access with a monthly subscription if you live in the US and Canada. Everywhere else in the world gets it with Netflix.

I hear next seasons Big Brother 19 will also be moving to the monthly pay site too.
Edit: I see they are adding another shorter 'extra' BB season on the site. But the regular show will continue on broadcast TV as well. So not moving, just adding a bonus season.

Last edited:
Anyone seen Star Trek Beyond? I know one model who really loved it, I finally saw it last night and thought it was one of the best Star Trek movies in years, if not decades. Really, really good!

It was fun for what it was. They made it into simply a brainless action film comparable to Transformers or Fast & Furious. As a Star Trek film...I didn't think it was that great. There wasn't much resemblance to Star Trek in it.

The science behind it was atrocious. Nebulae are dust, not filled with huge densely packed rocks that can bash into a ship.

Also it's a barrier that prevents them from getting a signal through. Yet the bad guys can get through it and tap into federation signals no problem to detect the instant an object has been uploaded to Federation databases. And since he can clearly bypass the Nebula to get signals...why didn't he ever send one asking for help???

The little acid snot monkey alien needs to die. It's not cute, it's dumb. Did they learn nothing from Jar Jar?

The tiny little ships just totally bypass shields with no thought or explanation at all.

The villain is one of the absolute dumbest ever encountered in any Star Trek saga. His entire plan is to get an artifact to destroy a space station. Yet he's already got ships so freaking advanced they can bypass shields on the most advanced ship the Federation has. Also he can bypass security on communications of a starbase. So why did he need some pathetic little dust cloud producing artifact? Just attack the station and wipe it out. Should have taken 20 minutes judging by how fast Enterprise went down.

They clearly and deliberately establish the majority of all life on the planet lives underground. Remember that fancy graphic for the scan they did of the planet? Yet they purposely build a little cage on the surface to house prisoners?

The lady baton twirler with the magical hologram tech. Nice back story on her...oh wait, they never mention jack shit about her or how she got all that. Because it's a sure thing no one else on the planet had that tech. Great job with the exposition there writers. Who cares anyway, she's just needed to look cool for the later cycle scene.

The motorcycle. Uh 500 year old tech that runs on fuel not being produced just happens to be on a ship in space. Okay. But it'll be cool to jump it all around. So let's have it! - writers.

The ship itself. The only other piece of tech on the entire planet is the one place they hide. Yet the bad guy is that very ships captain and never thought to look there? At the very least I'd think he'd want to rule it out as a possible source of tech to be used by all those pesky people he's searching for. But that magical cloaking device they pulled out their asses must not only hide it from sight it must also erase peoples memories of having landed the damn thing there in the first place.

The ship is not designed to fly in atmosphere. That fact is even stated by the guy who then flies it around the atmosphere 10 minutes later.

The ship is so badly damaged the entire original crew could never get it working to get off the planet. So it sits there for all those years rotting away. Scotty fixes it better than new in an afternoon and they fly off into the sunset.

The Enterprise saucer section has enough fuel and working thrusters to flip entirely over, yet they chose to crash through mountains and trees instead of ya know, maybe just slowing to a nice gentle landing. Probably could have eased it right on down there with that much thrust capability left.

Bad guys motive for wanting to use this dust cloud weapon...who needs motives and exposition. We have motorcycle jumps and rap battle explosions in space! (In reality he's probably just pissed he forgot to call for help all those years)

The bad guys swarm of ships can swoop in and pick up every single escape pod yet two days later can't detect another ship coming up their hind quarters.

The frequency thing. OMG that part is so stupid I don't even want to get into it for fear I'll break down into tears.

The entire writing team has zero scientific knowledge. They just slap shit together to make explodey bang scenes to look cool.

The overall plot. Eh, what plot. Bad guy gets pissed, he blows up stuff. Kirk uses motorcycle and Beastie Boys to destroy bad guy. Sure.

Star Trek historically has been about deeper philosophical meanings and consequences to actions. There's been plot that makes you evaluate your stance in life or to give deeper meaning to your values. This movie had zero thought. It was nothing but a dumbed down Transformers movie. The first reboot, having been done by J.J. Abrams at least had a decent formula for showing the explosions and made it entertaining on that level. With Abrams gone Beyond didn't even have that going for it. They tried to use the Star Trek name to get fans in there, but went without the traditional plots to appeal to a wider audience. I like Star Trek, but I think this one failed on everything.

With over a 50% drop in ticket sales the 2nd weekend, and not having even made it's production budget back yet, I think this may be a reboot killer. We probably won't see another movie for some time.

JJ has done a lot of good things. Lost was a rollercoaster, Fringe, when it got a story, was great.

All versions of Trek have had a few bad episodes. I'll watch JJ's latest in that light. He never did get Trek, but then his fandom exhilarated about what a SW junkie he is. And then he went and remade the pilot. WTF? Bad Jar Jar Abrams.

I'm cautiously thrilled Bryan Fuller is producing the next Trek. His writing on Trek Voyager was good, Pushing Daisies was brilliant, Heroes - everyone has a bad day, Hannibal was sublime. He's only getting better. Dead Like Me was a great early effort if a bit story locked.

I want a Trek with a story, something to think about. Michael Bay needs work too, let him make fireworks movies.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
It was fun for what it was. They made it into simply a brainless action film comparable to Transformers or Fast & Furious. As a Star Trek film...I didn't think it was that great. There wasn't much resemblance to Star Trek in it.

Hmm. To me it seemed to be right in line with original series Trek (TOS). What it wasn't tho was The Next Generation type Trek. (TNG). It fit perfectly.

In Trek fandom, there seems to be two big divides of two. The first, TOS or TGN. The second is Best of Both Worlds or The Inner Light. Star Trek Beyond seemed to be more Best of Both Worlds, just like the rest of the Kelvin Universe movies, while I think a lot of fans still want to see a Inner Light type film, which is more suited for television.

JJ has done a lot of good things. Lost was a rollercoaster, Fringe, when it got a story, was great.

All versions of Trek have had a few bad episodes. I'll watch JJ's latest in that light. He never did get Trek, but then his fandom exhilarated about what a SW junkie he is. And then he went and remade the pilot. WTF? Bad Jar Jar Abrams.

I'm cautiously thrilled Bryan Fuller is producing the next Trek. His writing on Trek Voyager was good, Pushing Daisies was brilliant, Heroes - everyone has a bad day, Hannibal was sublime. He's only getting better. Dead Like Me was a great early effort if a bit story locked.

I want a Trek with a story, something to think about. Michael Bay needs work too, let him make fireworks movies.

I've been watching the latest Cosmos series, and it made me wish they could have just used Brannon Braga for visuals only instead of as an executive producer.

...ok that got nerdy.

I'm glad to see start track is back in action. That being said I think they need some new rules.

• no blowing up the ship
  • stop making your bad guys look like the blue people of avatar
  • don't explain every thing.
  • your bad guy should be more then a vengeful psycho path.

Hmm. To me it seemed to be right in line with original series Trek (TOS). What it wasn't tho was The Next Generation type Trek. (TNG). It fit perfectly.

In Trek fandom, there seems to be two big divides of two. The first, TOS or TGN. The second is Best of Both Worlds or The Inner Light. Star Trek Beyond seemed to be more Best of Both Worlds, just like the rest of the Kelvin Universe movies, while I think a lot of fans still want to see a Inner Light type film, which is more suited for television.

Deep Space Nine was better than TOS OR TNG.

There, I said it.

!!!! I loved Voyager! Haven't seen this Trek yet, but I'm already super excited for the next one if Fuller is part of it.

!!!! I loved Voyager! Haven't seen this Trek yet, but I'm already super excited for the next one if Fuller is part of it.

Voyager was my first full Star Trek show! Grew up with it from first episode to last. Tho ultimately, yeah, DS9 is the best Trek show, IMO...

I enjoyed the new movie, the first scene with the peace negotiations alone made it a worthwhile use of my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.