AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Starting out

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2016
Hey everyone! Hope this is the right place to post this. But I've been considering trying out webcamming for a while and would like to try and start something up soon. I know people can earn a lot of money and am aware that I probably won't be earning a huge amount to start with, but would like to eventually. But I could really do with some advice on how to get started - which is the best camming site to use, the kind of things that are generally expected as a cam girl, just beginner questions really. Honestly there's not much I wouldn't do if I'm satisfied with the pay I'm getting for it - I say that because I find the whole idea of doing this really empowering. I mean I'd probably have to draw the line at some things and I know it may not all be sunshine and rainbows - but at the same time I'm really keen to get started, I'm just making sure I do all the research first and making sure I know what to do. Advice would be really appreciated so thank you in advance :3

Read through the forum as well as camgirlwiki.com which was also created by Amber and is written by her and other models to give a good intro to anyone who wants to get into camming!

yes ive found camgirlwiki and this site to be very helpful. do you have a twitter? try to find other cam models, you can use the hashtag #cammodels. follow them and make some friends! you can also look at some profiles on sites like MFC, which is MyFreeCams. Don't copy what other people are doing to a T but its nice to get an idea of what other camgirls are doing when youre a newbie and have no idea where to start! Hope that helps :)

Reactions: SaffronBurke
In addition to what has already been mentioned ...
Not to shit on your rainbows or anything ... but....
Think about your future. It's all cool and shit to have an "empowering"? job now, but what about the future. Will camming affect your future plans? MOST gals can't do this forever. In addition to planning rad cam girl things I think it's important to think about your other options for when camming is over. I think this forum sees so many folks who didn't ask themselves about life after camming and weren't ready to deal with the repercussions. It's shitty, but it's reality. How will camming affect your relationships and family, and is that important to you? There are so many long term things to ask with this job that you might not ask yourself with any other job.

Also. DO you're research. Don't expect hand outs in this job, while most of us are really helpful I don't think I know anyone here who is willing to answer every question about everything. It's super dandy your here and looking for more info, this forum is FULL of helpful info. That search bar in the upper right is super handy for specific look ups, in addition to the general info you've been pointed to in this thread.

Best of luck.

Hey everyone! Hope this is the right place to post this. But I've been considering trying out webcamming for a while and would like to try and start something up soon. I know people can earn a lot of money and am aware that I probably won't be earning a huge amount to start with, but would like to eventually. But I could really do with some advice on how to get started - which is the best camming site to use, the kind of things that are generally expected as a cam girl, just beginner questions really. Honestly there's not much I wouldn't do if I'm satisfied with the pay I'm getting for it - I say that because I find the whole idea of doing this really empowering. I mean I'd probably have to draw the line at some things and I know it may not all be sunshine and rainbows - but at the same time I'm really keen to get started, I'm just making sure I do all the research first and making sure I know what to do. Advice would be really appreciated so thank you in advance :3

First, put a bit more thought into your model name than you did in choosing your forum name. ;)

Hey again, sorry for the late reply and thanks so much for the help everyone! This forum is really useful and so are the links :) And believe me I've been weighing out the pros and cons and done a lot of thinking about it - as it stands considering how my life is now and will continue to be, the risks of being found out in real life are still far outweighed by the reward I hope to get by doing this. It's a risk I'm willing to take. I'm planning on making myself look as different as I can - as I mostly don't wear makeup in day to day life I know for a fact I can make myself look different, plus I've found some lovely wigs online - been wanting to try a new hair colour for a while anyway so interested in trying out some pretty wigs. But at the same time I'm fully aware that images and video can still be captured and get back to people that know me - and may very well be able to recognise me. I'm making sure I stay aware of the risks and researching first - hence why I haven't rushed into anything - but thank you for the warnings! And will definitely have a better name than this one :p Creativity at it's worst hahaha.

One question I haven't been able to find an answer to yet - is it ok to chat by typing whilst camming? Or is it more acceptable to talk through a mic? Would the earning potential be less for someone who types rather than talks? Would probably be easier typing but I'm willing to work with whatever and have ideas in place for either way... thanks in advance :D

Read the Cam Girl Wiki and Sticky Threads. Take LOTS of notes! Seriously, get a camming notebook. You'll thank me later. ;) Think about the type of shows you want to do and get a feel for the cam sites that allow those types of shows. We're all different and unique. What may work for a few girls may not work for others and vice versa. I swear a lightbulb went off in my head when I came here.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.