AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

stream quality

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnauzevoll

Cam Model
Aug 24, 2022
germany
Streamate Username
NonaSchnauzevoll
hey,
my stream quality seems to switch from good to orange (weak?) after a few seconds. (sometimes up and down again after a while) i already emptied my cache and my upload test is 9-10mbit/second so what else could be the problem?

Do you know if it's actually showing as weak/poor quality for the viewers though?
The reason I ask is because I have had models message me asking how their camera/stream is, I say it's perfectly fine and smooth, yet they say it shows as being bad for them.

Reactions: Schnauzevoll
Upvote 0
Do you know if it's actually showing as weak/poor quality for the viewers though?
The reason I ask is because I have had models message me asking how their camera/stream is, I say it's perfectly fine and smooth, yet they say it shows as being bad for them.
when i checked it myself (on my mobile) it was quite delayed (roughly 5 secs) but running smooth.
most users said it was smooth for them as well
one guy said it was laggy but that at that exact time a lot of models had laggy rooms

so i guess it is a yes and no at the same time?

oh and direct web encoder, i didnt use obs or the like for more than a year

Upvote 0
when i checked it myself (on my mobile) it was quite delayed (roughly 5 secs) but running smooth.
most users said it was smooth for them as well
one guy said it was laggy but that at that exact time a lot of models had laggy rooms

so i guess it is a yes and no at the same time?

oh and direct web encoder, i didnt use obs or the like for more than a year
They are messing around with the site. It just crashed on me a few minutes ago. Could not send tips then logged me out...then the site crashed for a couple minutes and nothing would load...

• Sorry to hear that.
Upvote 0
hey,
my stream quality seems to switch from good to orange (weak?) after a few seconds. (sometimes up and down again after a while) i already emptied my cache and my upload test is 9-10mbit/second so what else could be the problem?
If you are using WIFI to connect to the internet try using an ethernet cable from the router to your computer and use the LAN connection... much more stable than WIFI

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
If you are using WIFI to connect to the internet try using an ethernet cable from the router to your computer and use the LAN connection... much more stable than WIFI
thank you - using cable already though :) im just really confused about why it is orange (weak? dunno the english word they use) and dont want to miss out on some points or be laggy on viewers side.

Upvote 0
thank you - using cable already though :) im just really confused about why it is orange (weak? dunno the english word they use) and dont want to miss out on some points or be laggy on viewers side.

Two years ago I had posted on here about having the very same problem on Stripchat. On the Stripchat screen it was doing this really screwy shit like go from saying “poor” to “no video.” I had asked the guys in my room if there was an issue on their end, and they said no, they could see and hear me just fine. I’d spoken quite a bit about the bugs on there, including the one with the members’ names disappearing from my chat username list. It was CRAZY.

Upvote 0
I do not know what country you are in but Solar Flares and geomagnetic activity from the Sun has been really bad for the past few days and if your internet uses a satellite in any way it will be affected and make your connection weak and possibly drop out at times. I also do not know the locations of stripchat's relay servers so it also depends on how far you are from one of their servers. Also, like today the script kiddies were playing with the site probably for "future" changes and when they are doing that the site gets really sketchy at times and as I said they actually crashed the site for a few minutes today.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
yep, the disappearing names i have as well. mid communication gone and back without them actually leaving my room ☹️

and im located in germany. actually no idea what happens with the internet outside of my appartment so maybe that could be part of the reason. but testing my speed when im in the ’weak stream’ times still clearly shows upload 9 or up…

so i guess i will just hope that the stream arrives at the viewers side just fine and should ignore that orange button-thingie 🫣

Upvote 0
yep, the disappearing names i have as well. mid communication gone and back without them actually leaving my room ☹️

and im located in germany. actually no idea what happens with the internet outside of my appartment so maybe that could be part of the reason. but testing my speed when im in the ’weak stream’ times still clearly shows upload 9 or up…

so i guess i will just hope that the stream arrives at the viewers side just fine and should ignore that orange button-thingie 🫣

If it's only 1 name randomly leaving and returning, I know exactly what that could be and have mentioned it in the past and hopefully having it not happen.

When you switch tabs, browser windows, or apps on your phone, it will make the user "leave" the room list, even though they are technically there still. So then when they switch back to your page/room, the appear again.
I know on CB it doesn't do this, I can stay in the room, minimize my browser and it will still show my name in the room for hours, but on SC it's quite instant I think, where it removes the name until they return "actively".

I hope that makes sense

Upvote 0
If it's only 1 name randomly leaving and returning, I know exactly what that could be and have mentioned it in the past and hopefully having it not happen.

When you switch tabs, browser windows, or apps on your phone, it will make the user "leave" the room list, even though they are technically there still. So then when they switch back to your page/room, the appear again.
I know on CB it doesn't do this, I can stay in the room, minimize my browser and it will still show my name in the room for hours, but on SC it's quite instant I think, where it removes the name until they return "actively".

I hope that makes sense
makes perfect sense 🤔 thank you! i have to relearn stripchat. only did it a bit and then took 1-2 years break for another site so with all the changes its a lot 😂

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0

Trust me…it’s probably not your internet. That’s usually the first thing people will try to say is the problem (The model’s internet), but I’ve seen other models complain about this same thing the same time I’d complained about it back in 2021. Even when I had impressive internet upload speed, and the internet was only being used by me on one device.

When the members you like (and trust to tell you the truth) are even telling you that they can see and hear you just fine, it’s probably all good. But I get it. It’s frustrating as hell having the Stripchat screen telling you there’s no video. Stuff like that used to have me so worried during streams…I’d started recording my streams on the OBS encoder, and then clicking the “Stop recording” button so I could play it back to make sure I looked and sounded fine.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.