AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate encoder techie help, anyone?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JickyJuly

Cam Model
Apr 13, 2011
Florida
www.amazon.com
Twitter Username
@JickyJuly
MFC Username
JickyJuly
Streamate Username
Jicky
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/461355/JickyJ/
Clips4Sale URL
http://www.clips4sale.com/store/99705/jicky
I've spent at least 6 hours trying to get Streamate to function properly. I configured the encoder correctly, and ended up listed as HD. But, my cpu usage went all the way to 100%. It's for sure not my web connection. My isp rocks, and I never have problems on MFC. Even when I got it to stop dropping frames, the feed on my side looked choppy. My cpu usage never went under 80. My computer's only a little over a year old, and I never have problems. I even tried it on my husband's computer. It was fine until I installed the logitech software. Anyone have quick fix ideas? Is there a better camera to use on Streamate? Is it just a ram issue? I usually don't put much effort into fixing tech fails. So all this trying with no gratification is bumming me out. :shifty:

first, whats your computer / cpu model? age doesn't tell much, current netbook cpus have the speed of a 10 year old desktop cpu.

JickyJuly said:
I even tried it on my husband's computer. It was fine until I installed the logitech software.

same symptoms after installing the logitech software? choppy video & high cpu usage?

How much RAM do you have? What size is your processor?

I had a similar problem with my old laptop. It worked great and then one day I couldn't use the encoder anymore. I was hoping that one of the RAM sticks had gone bad, because that is pretty easy to replace. It turned out that I was only running on 2 GB of RAM because one of the memory slots crapped out. I bought a new laptop rather than trying to replace the motherboard.

What is the cooling situation like for both your CPU and video cards? Try opening up your computer (if it's not a laptop) and de-dustifying it if you haven't, just get some compressed air and blast the dust out. Consider getting some more/stronger case fans or a after-market heat-sink.

Heat issues are the biggest thing that seem to affect performance when you're doing something that is CPU/GPU intensive like streaming video.

hi,

Same questions and 1 extra question.What type of graphics card do you have ? (shared or dedicated).In the case of shared graphics cards a part of your main system memory is reserved by your operating system for graphics processing.So if you have a shared graphics card and for example 2 gb of ram you won't be able to use the full 2gb for applications you run on your computer.

Dedicated graphics cards have there own memory module and do not have this type of disadvantage.

Also what systemtype are you running ? 32 or 64 bits ? a 32 bits system cannot use more ram then 3 gb 4gb of ram (and up) requires a 64 bit system.

Blowing out the dust is a good suggestion to but be verry carefull for static elektricity do not touch any hardware parts because they are verry sensitive for static elektricity.What you cando about this is touch an earthed object first like a radiator or wear a anti static elektricity bracelet.

Although we require you to run at least Windows 2000, it is best to have one of the latest versions like Vista or Windows 7. A faster computer will provide a cleaner stream so we suggest upgrading to a 1GHz (Gigahertz) processor with 256 MB (Megabytes) of RAM. To run the Streamate Limited software, you will need to use one of the following web browsers: Internet Explorer 7 (or higher) or FireFox 3.6 (or higher). It's always best to keep your browsers up to the latest version. See the Streaming in HD topic for those specific technical requirements and suggestions.

I found this with Google do you meet those minimum requirements ?

I have a laptop. So, maybe the RAM is unimpressive? Not sure how to figure out how much I have or what processor I have. Perhaps I need to google my laptop model. It does get pretty warm. Thanks for bringing that into question as I would never have thought about that. My laptop is only a bit over a year old. I run Windows 7 and the newest version of Firefox. My memory has 149gb of free space. 64-bit for sure. Let me skip off to Google for more info. Thanks for trying to help :mrgreen:

yes windows key +pause will tell you all that or right click "my computer" and choose properties which shows the same window.Well if your sure about the 64bit then your memory must be at least 4gb to fully take advantage of the higher (and faster) processing power.Some latop vendors trick you by selling you a cheap 64 bit laptop that is not able to fully use that technology.

I got it down to using only 65% of my cpu with 14fps and no drops. Downloaded version 3.2 despite streamate advising against it, and used IE 64bit. Hopefully, this wasn't a fluke and having 3.2 instead of 3.1 helps. Also, I had to completely remove 3.1 from my system before streamate would list me as in HD. Apparently, having 3.1 and 3.2 confuzzles their system? Who knows. Anyway, thanks for all the help everyone! I think I may have it under control now. :mrgreen:

JickyJuly said:
I got it down to using only 65% of my cpu with 14fps and no drops. Downloaded version 3.2 despite streamate advising against it, and used IE 64bit. Hopefully, this wasn't a fluke and having 3.2 instead of 3.1 helps. Also, I had to completely remove 3.1 from my system before streamate would list me as in HD. Apparently, having 3.1 and 3.2 confuzzles their system? Who knows. Anyway, thanks for all the help everyone! I think I may have it under control now. :mrgreen:

Possible yes.I'm just guessing now but i think when you login to your model account at streamate they look for that encoder and when it finds two versions it get's confused.Either way using two version of the same software is never a good idea but streamate should warn you about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.