AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

hi models, how much do u charge for pvt and excl show on there and the hours you work?
I do $3.24 and $4.24 is it expensive or average price?
$6.99 exc and 8.99 pvt. Which is pretty low for someone as experienced as me, that tends to be 1st page.

Unless you have terrible camera or streaming quality, I think your rates are too low.

Upvote 0
$6.99 exc and 8.99 pvt. Which is pretty low for someone as experienced as me, that tends to be 1st page.

Unless you have terrible camera or streaming quality, I think your rates are too low.

This honestly really makes me question my own rates. I just go so low because I'm incredibly awkward and I don't "know everything there is to know about everything," so I feel like I'm ripping people off.

I have never had any complaints, even when I'm new to something. I just feel weird. What have your experiences been like with that?

Upvote 0
This honestly really makes me question my own rates. I just go so low because I'm incredibly awkward and I don't "know everything there is to know about everything," so I feel like I'm ripping people off.
I felt like that when I first started but I notice, in general, that how I feel on the inside never shows to people on the outside. I'm one of those people whose face and expressions can reflect the opposite of what is really going on, and who other people can't read at all (unless I specifically want them to). So since, the times I feel that way it's completely not noticeable, I don't let it affect my pricing. I would try taping and rewatching some of your shows, checking out some other models' shows on PH or something, and seeing whether it really is noticeable, that you feel like that at times? I suspect it isn't at all.

If it isn't readable, then I suggest not letting it affect your prices at all. I think the main things that should affect pricing are camera, lighting, stream quality, and possibly language spoken. The rest buyers should be able to communicate what they are wanting to you clearly, so it's not your responsibility. The only time it is, would be if you don't listen or pay attention to what they asked. But if someone wants you to do a fetish or something you have not done before, they should be OK explaining to you how they want it done. And should be able to communicate that politely, clearly, and succinctly, so that you don't have to worry about your end. As long as you are honest, which I don't doubt that you are, they would have no need to expect anything more from you. I'm really experienced in tons of fetishes, but even then I noticed each individual fetisher always puts their own individual twist on how they want it done. Or has a combo of a few fetishes at once, so communication is necessary. There's no such thing as being so experienced that you can just read minds and do their shows perfectly, without upfront communication. So no need to stress 💜

I have never had any complaints, even when I'm new to something. I just feel weird. What have your experiences been like with that?

I have had very few complaints. When I was new to customs one guy said my eyes were wandering too much (I was looking at my reflection on the screen and trying to OCD make sure I was always at best angles, in frame perfect etc) but I took it constructively. As far as how good I do fetishes, very few soft complaints. For those complaints, when I've resent the person their typed description of what they wanted and highlighted that they are upset I never read their mind and included something they specifically didn't ask for, nor bother communicating, they have always backed down and acknowledged their mistake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If anyone has questions for a model who has held rank #1 on SM, ask me here while @'ing my name. I love ACF and everyone, but I am trying hard to have a work-life balance so instead of reading questions here asked without @'ing me, I am probably walking my donkey. So @ me, and I'll answer. Be patient, I'm busy making $ or in my hammock and someday soon I'll have a baby cow to bottle feed.

Upvote 0
I use the 4k camera on MacBook to cam, can you girls share experience like what to do on public free chat on streamate ? do u sit down, talking , dancing or how do u get them in pvt? I would love to know ur experience.

Upvote 0
@AlexLady For curiosity sake, how long did it take you to get to #1 rank on Streamate?

Many years, but I am a slow and steady kind of camgirl. I've posted here since before I hit top 20 on MFC and then switched to SM for reasons; I'm very slow and steady.

Upvote 0
how long have u been working on there? I don't show face I mean I wear a mask so I may charge less.

I've been working there since November part time. But full time for about a month now.

I personally do not believe wearing a mask makes your show less valuable, so I wouldn't keep your rates low because of that.

It might make you have to hustle harder, but realistically, having lower rates is going to give you shittier customers, because in my experience the cheap people tend to be the pickier and most demanding. Already having to work harder, plus having to work more because you make less per minute, PLUS having to expend all that mental energy for cheap customers. I'd honestly just charge more, dude.

I theorize with cheap rates you're going to get flooded with "Why don't you take off the mask" "Take off the mask" "what am I paying for?" Whereas a guy with more money is more likely not going to waste his time trying to force you to take off your mask or do this and that, because he's already paying you a lot and he kinda knew what he was going into when he took you to private.

This happened to me ALL THE TIME when I was a wee baby cam girl back a few years ago and was not confident to offer much of anything. I was always getting harassed by cheap guys to pull off 5 star level sloppy dirty shows that I just could never. Men with money never did that.

This is, of course, just my experience. It could be different from the other ladies here. I hope it helps a little bit.

Also as for your other question about free chat, I think you should watch other cam girls on streamate and get a feel for what they do. Everyone has different things that work for them.

Upvote 0
hi models, how much do u charge for pvt and excl show on there and the hours you work?
I do $3.24 and $4.24 is it expensive or average price?
Currently I charge $5.99 pvt (just for fetish chat) and $9.99 excl (femdom shows) and I get mostly exclusive shows. I work daytime hours in my timezone (est) and work around 25-30 hours a week, 7 days a week. Don't under charge...they will pay what you ask, as long as you don't mind waiting longer for shows. I only need 1 or 2 good shows a day (plus some tips) to make my goal. Just adjust it to your hustle and the time you have available to sit on cam.

Upvote 0
I've been working there since November part time. But full time for about a month now.

I personally do not believe wearing a mask makes your show less valuable, so I wouldn't keep your rates low because of that.

It might make you have to hustle harder, but realistically, having lower rates is going to give you shittier customers, because in my experience the cheap people tend to be the pickier and most demanding. Already having to work harder, plus having to work more because you make less per minute, PLUS having to expend all that mental energy for cheap customers. I'd honestly just charge more, dude.

I theorize with cheap rates you're going to get flooded with "Why don't you take off the mask" "Take off the mask" "what am I paying for?" Whereas a guy with more money is more likely not going to waste his time trying to force you to take off your mask or do this and that, because he's already paying you a lot and he kinda knew what he was going into when he took you to private.

This happened to me ALL THE TIME when I was a wee baby cam girl back a few years ago and was not confident to offer much of anything. I was always getting harassed by cheap guys to pull off 5 star level sloppy dirty shows that I just could never. Men with money never did that.

This is, of course, just my experience. It could be different from the other ladies here. I hope it helps a little bit.

Also as for your other question about free chat, I think you should watch other cam girls on streamate and get a feel for what they do. Everyone has different things that work for them.
that's really helpful thanks for your sharing experience, I changed my charge but $5.99 is max on my charge list I don't know why.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Upvote 0
I had a member request that I put on my favorite movie or anime, I told him I’d ask. Are we allowed to do that?

Upvote 0
that's really helpful thanks for your sharing experience, I changed my charge but $5.99 is max on my charge list I don't know why.
If you are new they don't raise your rate options for a little while, until you have streamed a certain amount. But maybe if you write them i.e. support or one of the representatives they will be able to do it for you sooner. Same with GOLD shows. You don't get the GOLD show button until you have streamed a certain amount first.

Reactions: sweetie19
Upvote 0
If you are new they don't raise your rate options for a little while, until you have streamed a certain amount. But maybe if you write them i.e. support or one of the representatives they will be able to do it for you sooner. Same with GOLD shows. You don't get the GOLD show button until you have streamed a certain amount first.
I've been stream for about 2 months and now , as a new streamer I raised my price to $3.99 put and $4.99 excl, and wear a mask, do u think my price is appropriate ?

Upvote 0
I've been stream for about 2 months and now , as a new streamer I raised my price to $3.99 put and $4.99 excl, and wear a mask, do u think my price is appropriate ?
Oh in that case I would write support and ask to have your rates raised. It's been a while. Maybe there was some hiccup and it didn't happen automatically, like it was supposed to.

I always advise models never to go below 4.99. If I were you I would likely have them both set at 5.99, and see how that goes for a while. I would also write and ask them to give me the full rate options. When I first started my highest option was 5.99 too, but then they open you up, and it goes as high as $14.99.

ETA; I am also of the opinion that a mask shouldn't mean you deserve less. Masks are sexy. Especially if it's only partial like eyes, or the lower part of the face. I don't think that alone should affect your rate anyway. Like someone else said only the cheap guys will pressure you to take it off.

Upvote 0
Liveviolet.net and webcamfucker.com
Liveviolet is the fucking worse.

@Catalina SM is there anything streamate can do get their affiliates from ripping our full PAID shows. It's an exploitive practice. They've been doing it for years and streamate doesn't seem to care. This straight up theft.

I have no problem free chat being recorded. But we already only get 35%. They are stealing from us by doing this. Why should members pay for our shows when your affiliate are posting them for free? Especially when we can record our videos now. If I try to resell the same show, why should they buy it when it's going to be dumped on a tube site for free?

Upvote 0
can you explain me why there is a video purchased on my show while there is non video on my page? I just checked my earning history and saw a video purchased and idk where it come from.
Without seeing a screenshot of the transaction you're referring to, my only guess is that it could be someone who signed up using your Cammodels link and purchased a different model's video. Is the Revenue amount 50% of the Price, or is it something more like 20%?

Upvote 0
:clap: So this is a long post, a little bit of questions, a little bit of insight for newbies from a fellow newbie model. I have been streaming on SM since April 2nd, 2021.
-
I personally/physically/psychologically max out at about 8-10 hours on cam per week. I offer a girl next door, sexy dork, mutual masturbation shows, heavy on the GFE just because that IS my sexual experience, lol. My free/general chat to paid chat ratio is about 1:1 meaning half the time I spend online I'm in Private or Exclusive.

:nerd: The way that I actively sell my services includes creating a psychologically safe space for members to be neurodivergent and/or intellectually comfortable with their sexuality. A lot of folks come just to listen to my voice, since I have an audiophile set up. I really feel like I lose people when I'm just giggly, like when I come out of a really good session just smiling and having a great time existing. So it's kind of a weird balance where I really don't feel right getting on cam unless I can host a discourse, even if one doesn't come up.

8-10 hours a week at $60/hr pretax is pretty good (for me personally) considering I've really done little additional work advertising or talking off-site and I say NO to a lot of requests. Granted my set up (including toys and lingerie purchased for camming) is easily over $1500 at this point, but it's a good combination of multiple existing hobbies, so I had stuff and was eager to improve my kit EARLY. 😎

As soon as I could swing it, I bought a Sony point and shoot that's made for streamers and vloggers - and as soon as I streamed with that high quality professional equipment, people stopped treating me like I was some new girl they could toy with! Buahahaha - Downside is people expecting I have more experience than I do, or that I'm a Mistress.

:party:
Liz@streamate.com just did her SM magic to get me the full price list so I'm deciding what my first move should be after being at 3.99 Private and 5.99 Exclusive for a couple months.

Now that I think about it (clearly not being an A+ executive here with this late observation) I pulled my Privates price from 3.99 to 4.44 mid week -- and then noted without understanding this, that the end of the week was "kind of a weird vibe".

I still made my average hourly rate for the week ($60/hour in Earnings Report) which is both my glass ceiling and the number I don't want to go below since that's what I bill for other freelance work. But glass ceiling too in that I know I could make a lot more if I twist a few variables within (my boundaries).

I've been trying to set up another site for photos and video and my comics and general stuff, but haven't been able to decide where to go! Probably at this point I should just use my website as a blog :speechless:

dusty-comic-taking-a-break.JPG

@EliMarie717 Regarding a comment you made recently in a completely different post, on the subject of having strong boundaries against personal talk in preference for sexy fun times talk. I do have conversations in my chat but I'm sapien-sexual, so I really get off on having stimulating conversations with my regulars and newbies and it helps to let them know my show is a safe place to be vulnerable sexually. Curious your thoughts! Also:

So... You charge more for private than exclusive? This makes sense to me in that I find exclusives to be easier as they are more intimate and I'm not having to juggle multiple peoples' differing expectations simultaneously. So curious! :blush:

-

So much more I want to talk about, but I want to wait for *pleease* model status to talk in the models only threads. :inlove: Also this comment is super long. K thanks!!

Upvote 0
:clap: So this is a long post, a little bit of questions, a little bit of insight for newbies from a fellow newbie model. I have been streaming on SM since April 2nd, 2021.
-
I personally/physically/psychologically max out at about 8-10 hours on cam per week. I offer a girl next door, sexy dork, mutual masturbation shows, heavy on the GFE just because that IS my sexual experience, lol. My free/general chat to paid chat ratio is about 1:1 meaning half the time I spend online I'm in Private or Exclusive.

:nerd: The way that I actively sell my services includes creating a psychologically safe space for members to be neurodivergent and/or intellectually comfortable with their sexuality. A lot of folks come just to listen to my voice, since I have an audiophile set up. I really feel like I lose people when I'm just giggly, like when I come out of a really good session just smiling and having a great time existing. So it's kind of a weird balance where I really don't feel right getting on cam unless I can host a discourse, even if one doesn't come up.

8-10 hours a week at $60/hr pretax is pretty good (for me personally) considering I've really done little additional work advertising or talking off-site and I say NO to a lot of requests. Granted my set up (including toys and lingerie purchased for camming) is easily over $1500 at this point, but it's a good combination of multiple existing hobbies, so I had stuff and was eager to improve my kit EARLY. 😎

As soon as I could swing it, I bought a Sony point and shoot that's made for streamers and vloggers - and as soon as I streamed with that high quality professional equipment, people stopped treating me like I was some new girl they could toy with! Buahahaha - Downside is people expecting I have more experience than I do, or that I'm a Mistress.

:party:
Liz@streamate.com just did her SM magic to get me the full price list so I'm deciding what my first move should be after being at 3.99 Private and 5.99 Exclusive for a couple months.

Now that I think about it (clearly not being an A+ executive here with this late observation) I pulled my Privates price from 3.99 to 4.44 mid week -- and then noted without understanding this, that the end of the week was "kind of a weird vibe".

I still made my average hourly rate for the week ($60/hour in Earnings Report) which is both my glass ceiling and the number I don't want to go below since that's what I bill for other freelance work. But glass ceiling too in that I know I could make a lot more if I twist a few variables within (my boundaries).

I've been trying to set up another site for photos and video and my comics and general stuff, but haven't been able to decide where to go! Probably at this point I should just use my website as a blog :speechless:

View attachment 88746

@EliMarie717 Regarding a comment you made recently in a completely different post, on the subject of having strong boundaries against personal talk in preference for sexy fun times talk. I do have conversations in my chat but I'm sapien-sexual, so I really get off on having stimulating conversations with my regulars and newbies and it helps to let them know my show is a safe place to be vulnerable sexually. Curious your thoughts! Also:

So... You charge more for private than exclusive? This makes sense to me in that I find exclusives to be easier as they are more intimate and I'm not having to juggle multiple peoples' differing expectations simultaneously. So curious! :blush:

-

So much more I want to talk about, but I want to wait for *pleease* model status to talk in the models only threads. :inlove: Also this comment is super long. K thanks!!
Yes I charge more for private than exclusive due to the 30 sec thing discussed in several other threads, and the fact that I also find exclusive easier.

I don’t know which other post of mine you are referring to. I’ve been doing this 6 years so a lot of my advice comes from a practical perspective, and from the experience of people wasting my time and taking advantage. Sure it’s nice in an ideal world to talk with everyone and “make them feel comfortable”. In adult or sex work that has lost me a lot of money, hence why I advise more toward strong boundaries and getting friendly with the people who respect you and pay. We are not therapists. Since I have taken that route I make 3 to 4 times more per hour, with higher quality respectful regulars. Maybe you are on a token site idk. But my first year I was a bleeding heart too, and cheap people took as much advantage as they could and wrung me dry. So I always advise new models against that. These are strangers online, some can become somewhat friends, but ultimately it’s a business relationship.

But I can’t really comment on something I said out of context in another thread. I do me. I do what makes me money and turns me on. Lots of types of conversation do not turn me on. So I’m honest about that. Feeling like a therapist or pretending to be one is a huge turn off to me. So I do my room the way I like things, and the way that is honest. The way that attracts the type of strong people I genuinely find sexy . You do you. I’m into honesty, making money and having fun. I take my cake and I eat it too. I turn away guys who turn me off by coming across certain ways, whether they are willing to pay or not. So my shows are more genuine. Some people can’t respect that, or recognize it for honesty, and I truly could not give a fuck about those people. I don't have a Mommy, coddling, enabling style even though I am a super nice, big hearted person. Coddling turns me off, and I'm real AF about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for DP ran out of time. I think the way I do things works for me though. If you have another way of doing things that works for you that's great. I say follow what makes you happy, and is true to you, and people will be attracted to it. My way works for me, because it is real and honest for me, but doesn't need to be the way everyone else does things. There are loads of fetishes and stuff I won't do, but that other models do and apparently make bank at. I do what turns me on only, and no longer worry about making others happy over myself. Like I did for nearly the first 30 years of my life lol. Fuck it, I wanna and deserve to have fun too!

However Idk what sapiosexual mean, and maybe that means you would be unhappy doing things my way and are just a different type of person (from me), and that is cool. You definitely are on the right track doing you, doing what makes you happy, and what makes you comfy. So idk I don't want to oversimplify the conversation and get what you were saying wrong or anything, because you seem nice and make dope comics 💜 Lol, novel over.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for DP ran out of time. I think the way I do things works for me though. If you have another way of doing things that works for you that's great. I say follow what makes you happy, and is true to you, and people will be attracted to it. My way works for me, because it is real and honest for me, but doesn't need to be the way everyone else does things. There are loads of fetishes and stuff I won't do, but that other models do and apparently make bank at. I do what turns me on only, and no longer worry about making others happy over myself. Like I did for nearly the first 30 years of my life lol. Fuck it, I wanna and deserve to have fun too!

However Idk what sapiosexual mean, and maybe that means you would be unhappy doing things my way and are just a different type of person (from me), and that is cool. You definitely are on the right track doing you, doing what makes you happy, and what makes you comfy. So idk I don't want to oversimplify the conversation and get what you were saying wrong or anything, because you seem nice and make dope comics 💜 Lol, novel over.
Lol, thank you for the novel!

FWIW since starting camming I have benefited from quickly refining my boundaries both on and off cam. It has been an awesome growth experience!

In terms of doing "emotional labor" - oh man, no thanks! Someone once asked me to lower my prices so he could talk to me about the most fucked up things he's done -- how about I raise them, a lot? LOL Obvious emotional labor like you refer to, the coddling or quasi-therapist, is super draining and important to avoid. The subtle stuff gets you too, so I really hear you on those firm boundaries and fun sexy times only. I learned to rephrase some things I was saying because they were inviting overshare galore from members.

Sapien-sexual means I'm turned on by learning! I definitely get into conversations that I know are not going to convert into private sessions directly because I either need a physical-break between privates or have new visitors I want to educate or I'm staying active to attract another session.

Right now my main goal is to better understand the member-performer relationship so I can clarify my sales pitch and work my sexiness. Thanks again @EliMarie717 for the feedback and sorry I didn't have the quote I referenced -- how rude! It's fair to say I need your reality check so I nurture the right vibe.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
Lol, thank you for the novel!

FWIW since starting camming I have benefited from quickly refining my boundaries both on and off cam. It has been an awesome growth experience!

In terms of doing "emotional labor" - oh man, no thanks! Someone once asked me to lower my prices so he could talk to me about the most fucked up things he's done -- how about I raise them, a lot? LOL Obvious emotional labor like you refer to, the coddling or quasi-therapist, is super draining and important to avoid. The subtle stuff gets you too, so I really hear you on those firm boundaries and fun sexy times only. I learned to rephrase some things I was saying because they were inviting overshare galore from members.

Sapien-sexual means I'm turned on by learning! I definitely get into conversations that I know are not going to convert into private sessions directly because I either need a physical-break between privates or have new visitors I want to educate or I'm staying active to attract another session.

Right now my main goal is to better understand the member-performer relationship so I can clarify my sales pitch and work my sexiness. Thanks again @EliMarie717 for the feedback and sorry I didn't have the quote I referenced -- how rude! It's fair to say I need your reality check so I nurture the right vibe.
Well, it also sounds like what you were trying to convey was a little lost on me too. So no worries. I think you are talking about something/ an idea/ a concept that is quite complex. But that is cool, I like that a lot. Hopefully, someday I'll get to learn more about what you mean. I like to learn also, and I feel like I missed the subtleties here big time. So I am still really curious about what more you have to say, as it sounds like you have some super cool, mind-expanding thoughts. My big thing is that I'm protective, sometimes overly so. So don't mind me. Sounds like you have things under good control, and you are not about to make the same mistakes I did.

Human sexuality is so complex, and people are all so different.
It will be fun to hear you share more of your thoughts, and get to know you more. I look forward to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can you explain me why there is a video purchased on my show while there is non video on my page? I just checked my earning history and saw a video purchased and idk where it come from.
Did you upload any photo content in the activity feed? At the moment if customers purchase the content you submitted in the Activity Feed, they will be displayed as 'Video purchase' in your earnings reports. We're working on changing that to make it more clear what that purchase is for.

Upvote 0
Did you upload any photo content in the activity feed? At the moment if customers purchase the content you submitted in the Activity Feed, they will be displayed as 'Video purchase' in your earnings reports. We're working on changing that to make it more clear what that purchase is for.
no I've not updated anything to activity feed.

Upvote 0
does anyone has the same traffics problem like me today ? ((
With the holiday weekend for the US, I’d expect/assume to see a large drop in traffic, with most traffic coming from Europe and Australia at peak night times in their respective time zones and any US traffic wouldn’t come in till late evenings or sporadically.

Upvote 0