AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I just signed up with Boleyn and streamed the first time tonight. I checked my cam because everyone was just coming and going for 45 minutes with one only guy who said he was going too take me exclusive and then logged off (ugh). Then I realized my stream is super delayed and grainy. I have the HD settings in place and use a c920 logitech. Do I really really have to to plug in directly to ethernet? :( I logged off once I noticed that because whatts the point with a bad stream. I have a mac so I have to go buy a million dollar adapter from the apple store if this is the case.

I was hoping to get away with streaming on WiFi on my Mac :(

I have a PC so I can't speak from the Mac perspective but I did notice that changing my internet company made a BIG difference. They were capping me after a certain amount of data streamed in high definition and then limiting the amount of data after that limit was reached even though I was paying through the nose for high speed internet for the entire month. Might be worth checking that out in case it is an internet company thing. Also, when you get into your portal, you should be able to view your "ranking" under the reports tab. It should tell you your FPS (frames per second) and average resolution as well as your round trip time (typically the delay is found here). They have guidelines to let you know if you're in "excellent, good, average" etc. I found this helpful whenever I had things acting up.

Upvote 0
Man when are they going to get their shit together and properly connect it. I keep telling customers how the lush really works, because customers have no idea how it works and I keep revealing the web of lies. I think I'm pissing off some models. Eek.

Or customers are deleting them on their own.

Has there been any recent news on the lush connectivity?

Upvote 0
So.. question. I'm finally coming back to camming and now SMConnect is out, is SMBroadcast still the better one to go for in terms of placement?
I'm getting HD 720p on SMConnect so that makes me super happy haha

Upvote 0
So.. question. I'm finally coming back to camming and now SMConnect is out, is SMBroadcast still the better one to go for in terms of placement?
I'm getting HD 720p on SMConnect so that makes me super happy haha

I’ve been using SMconnect and my placement was the same when I switched from SMbroadcast. Recently I even got a placement boost while using SMconnect (probably has more to do with my hourly I think) but I didn’t notice any difference in placement between the two although I know some other people had placement affected by it.

Upvote 0
I’ve been using SMconnect and my placement was the same when I switched from SMbroadcast. Recently I even got a placement boost while using SMconnect (probably has more to do with my hourly I think) but I didn’t notice any difference in placement between the two although I know some other people had placement affected by it.
Thank you so much! I definitely prefer in-browser streaming as it seems to take less effort from my macbook.

Upvote 0
Another question lmao
So I know about the whole no lower nudity in free chat, but is it okay to have sex toys and such on display in the background or like, wearing a strapon?

Upvote 0
Another question lmao
So I know about the whole no lower nudity in free chat, but is it okay to have sex toys and such on display in the background or like, wearing a strapon?

Toys in the background are fine. I wouldn't wear a strap in free chat just because I feel like someone needs to be paying per minute to see that, and I don't want the looky-loos to get it for free.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How do guys leave feedback? And how do you *get* them to leave it? I stopped using SM bc of the issues I was having before but have started camming there regularly this past week and am making it part of my schedule so I still have 4 stars and can't do gold shows.... the lag is way better (actually might've been part of an issue we had with the cables outside the house, I can't remember but it was all around the same time).

ANYWAYS.... Guys just do NOT rate. They leave so suddenly once they're finished. I've put it in my room topic, which doesn't seem to help. I literally have one review so far. I had another guy try to--he got kicked when he reached his limit, then came back in and I asked him to rate me and he couldn't figure out how :/ He said the option didn't appear when he got kicked by the site for reaching limit, and he went to look around his profile and said he didn't see anything :-/

Upvote 0
sorry, dp.... ALSO soo many loser who take you premium and not exclusive but want to tell you exactly what to do. I do it because usually I just have 1 guy in there and whatever, it's not been anything that I wouldn't do in a prem show, like no moaning names or role play or whatever, but eventually as I cam more that's not going to be the case all the time that there's 1 dude or that dudes aren't going to make requests that belong just in exclusive. How do yall nicely tell them to shut up or tip? I told one guy, "I usually only take directions like this in exclusive," which didn't make him stop lmao "on your back, spread pussy," "show asshole," "show feet." I *feel* like they should be tipping at least a gold or two for specific requests like that but tbh I can come off like a bitch so I just keep my mouth shut and giggle :rofl:

What are your general expectations for requests in premium shows?

Upvote 0
How do guys leave feedback? And how do you *get* them to leave it? I stopped using SM bc of the issues I was having before but have started camming there regularly this past week and am making it part of my schedule so I still have 4 stars and can't do gold shows.... the lag is way better (actually might've been part of an issue we had with the cables outside the house, I can't remember but it was all around the same time).

ANYWAYS.... Guys just do NOT rate. They leave so suddenly once they're finished. I've put it in my room topic, which doesn't seem to help. I literally have one review so far. I had another guy try to--he got kicked when he reached his limit, then came back in and I asked him to rate me and he couldn't figure out how :/ He said the option didn't appear when he got kicked by the site for reaching limit, and he went to look around his profile and said he didn't see anything :-/
I mention rating at the beginning of the private, rather than waiting for the end, because some just leave when they nut without saying anything. A lot of models find they have good luck offering free videos for ratings, it can really motivate people to remember.

As for how they rate, they have to click "end show" or whatever it is. A lot just close the browser tab and so don't get the prompt.

Upvote 0
sorry, dp.... ALSO soo many loser who take you premium and not exclusive but want to tell you exactly what to do. I do it because usually I just have 1 guy in there and whatever, it's not been anything that I wouldn't do in a prem show, like no moaning names or role play or whatever, but eventually as I cam more that's not going to be the case all the time that there's 1 dude or that dudes aren't going to make requests that belong just in exclusive. How do yall nicely tell them to shut up or tip? I told one guy, "I usually only take directions like this in exclusive," which didn't make him stop lmao "on your back, spread pussy," "show asshole," "show feet." I *feel* like they should be tipping at least a gold or two for specific requests like that but tbh I can come off like a bitch so I just keep my mouth shut and giggle :rofl:

What are your general expectations for requests in premium shows?
I politely tell them that I lead the show in private and if they want to lead they have to take me exclusive. Then I quickly mention that the thing I like to do best in private is cum again and again.

Upvote 0
how many of you have a schedule on your profile?
i've never posted one but i'm thinking maybe i should? it would force me to get the fuck out of bed in the morning, but I also hop off Streamate to take Niteflirt calls-- so there would be times where guys check during those hours and I might not be there. and that'd be bad for business.

does it do more harm than good if you can't stay super consistent with it?

Upvote 0
i've never posted one but i'm thinking maybe i should? it would force me to get the fuck out of bed in the morning, but I also hop off Streamate to take Niteflirt calls-- so there would be times where guys check during those hours and I might not be there. and that'd be bad for business.

I don't have one now on my first account i did have a schedule and had a few guys complain they got on looking for me and I wasn't there.

Upvote 0

I tried having one, thinking it would keep me consistent - nah, the ADHD is too strong in this one. It would be nice if it was like the MFC schedule and let you select from always, sometimes, etc.

Upvote 0

I have one on my profile and I'm usually on during the times it says (9-11 pm CST) but there are days when I'm on earlier, later, or not at all too. I agree that it would be helpful if we were able to select always, usually, or sometimes on like on MFC as well.

• Helpful!
Reactions: eden
Upvote 0
Are $3.49 prem and $7.49 excl low on the site? I started there then went to $3.99 and $7.99 and the difference is wild. The rate analysis, now that I have cammed more hours at the higher rate than the lower rate, shows that I make $20/hour more on the lower rates. I can understand that because I usually find I make more overall with lower prices but I don't want to be considered cheap.

Also fuck these dudes who dont rate lol I stg none of these losers do. I ask them, I've offered videos. I still need one more to get the 5 ratings it needs to average them. I know they fucking love it, rate me dammit.

Upvote 0
Are $3.49 prem and $7.49 excl low on the site? I started there then went to $3.99 and $7.99 and the difference is wild. The rate analysis, now that I have cammed more hours at the higher rate than the lower rate, shows that I make $20/hour more on the lower rates. I can understand that because I usually find I make more overall with lower prices but I don't want to be considered cheap.

Also fuck these dudes who dont rate lol I stg none of these losers do. I ask them, I've offered videos. I still need one more to get the 5 ratings it needs to average them. I know they fucking love it, rate me dammit.

It's about an average rate, I would say. It's always good to play around with your rates and see where you're most comfortable at.

Upvote 0
so many ?s sorry... had a block sesh for 15 but he left right when the 5 min warning came up. Its showing uup as paid in full... I cant get in trouble since he left right? He seemed too enjoy it...

also how long does support usually take? I should finally have my 5 star rating and its not coming up. I have 6 5-stars.

I've made it from low pg 5 to mid page 4 🙌
lmao small but tangible progress

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0
so many ?s sorry... had a block sesh for 15 but he left right when the 5 min warning came up. Its showing uup as paid in full... I cant get in trouble since he left right? He seemed too enjoy it...
You will not be penalized because he left early. I believe they can come back and use the rest of the block minutes within two hours. In the rules they say something like, we hope you can stay on and wait, but you won't be punished if you log off.

Upvote 0
also how long does support usually take? I should finally have my 5 star rating and its not coming up. I have 6 5-stars.

I waited like two weeks once and it never updated. Now I just email them immediately. Ratings given on whitelabels don't show up right and they have to manually adjust it.

Upvote 0
has anyone successfully connected a lovense (lush) toy to the feelconnect app for streamate? I honestly don't want to fork out a $129 USD + for another bullet vibe. I am aware of the kiiro one that is $99 but that seems awkward to use for a tip vibe... I would try it myself but I am waiting for a new charging cord and can't find the original one (my lush died)

Upvote 0
I waited like two weeks once and it never updated. Now I just email them immediately. Ratings given on whitelabels don't show up right and they have to manually adjust it.
Yeah, this. Immediately contact them after you get your ratings, they likely won't update on their own and support will have to do it for you. At least they now acknowledge that you needed to contact them to do so when they reply, instead of the gaslight-y "It will update automatically, shut up" response haha.

Upvote 0
Does ANYONE here having troubles starting a show in streamate? it says it is connecting but the site is just loading and i have fast internet connection i cannot start the show, please let me knoe if u had experience this kind of problems

Upvote 0
Does ANYONE here having troubles starting a show in streamate? it says it is connecting but the site is just loading and i have fast internet connection i cannot start the show, please let me knoe if u had experience this kind of problems

Which method are you using to stream? How are the stats in your ranking page?

Upvote 0
I'm trying to start camming on SM more than cb and i just wanted to ask Does Lovense work on SM?
apparently, the feelconnect app says you can try to connect other Bluetooth toys. but they may not work. as its meant for Kiiro toys. I have yet to hear it it does connect and work like it would (tip control) on SM. but you can use the sound to control the vibe...

• Helpful!
Reactions: itsfaye
Upvote 0
Lovense toys are not formally integrated with SM at this time. However, if you are using the new chat interface, SMConnect, you can link Kiiroo and WeVibe toys to your profile via the FeelConnect app. I’m attaching a list of vibes that are currently compatible to link on Streamate (via FeelConnect). You can try to link your Lovense toy, but this may or may not work. Otherwise, if you are using the classic Flash-based chat interface, you can try to utilize your vibe via Bluetooth while in chat (just make sure to turn on sound notifications). 80907

• Helpful!
Reactions: itsfaye
Upvote 0