AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

How do you turn on exclusives? A lot of new models seem to have no idea how to do that, so I'm assuming it's more difficult than it has to be.

Dude, I literally answered this already, the first time you asked it.

We don't turn exclusives on or off. Streamate will often not let you take a model exclusive if you have not spent money on, but if you tip her and refresh the page, you will be able to do it.

Upvote 0
you go into the rates and shows section on the first page after logging into streamate models (its bottom right) and it gives you the option to price premium and exclusive.

That's setting the price, not turning them on. The issue he's running into is that SM isn't showing him the option because he hasn't spent money on the model yet, but if he tips and refreshes the page, it will show up. It's silly and I can't think of a good reason for SM to do it, but it it is a thing.

Upvote 0
That's setting the price, not turning them on. The issue he's running into is that SM isn't showing him the option because he hasn't spent money on the model yet, but if he tips and refreshes the page, it will show up. It's silly and I can't think of a good reason for SM to do it, but it it is a thing.
Oh I didn't know about that.

Upvote 0
Dude, I literally answered this already, the first time you asked it.

We don't turn exclusives on or off. Streamate will often not let you take a model exclusive if you have not spent money on, but if you tip her and refresh the page, you will be able to do it.

No, I'm well aware of how Streamate works on the customer side. You gain access to exclusives site-wide the second you spend any money on the site.

I know for sure now that exclusives have to be "turned on" by models because I helped one today do just that using JessaBella's instructions. I'm assuming they never entered a price for exclusives when they first joined.

Upvote 0
No, I'm well aware of how Streamate works on the customer side. You gain access to exclusives site-wide the second you spend any money on the site.

I know for sure now that exclusives have to be "turned on" by models because I helped one today do just that using JessaBella's instructions. I'm assuming they never entered a price for exclusives when they first joined.
As someone who just made a new SM model account through Boleyn, I can confirm that they do in fact set your exclusive rate for you and you don't need to 'enable' it. She may have disabled it at one point, because that's an option, but the first time I visited that page on my new account I definitely already had the rates set. I did however have to enable block sessions.

Upvote 0
As someone who just made a new SM model account through Boleyn, I can confirm that they do in fact set your exclusive rate for you and you don't need to 'enable' it. She may have disabled it at one point, because that's an option, but the first time I visited that page on my new account I definitely already had the rates set. I did however have to enable block sessions.

I don't have an option to disable exclusive. I can disable block sessions, but regular exclusives I can not turn off.

Upvote 0
I don't have an option to disable exclusive. I can disable block sessions, but regular exclusives I can not turn off.
Weird
It's looking like I can... But I am to afraid to try it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That's so wild, it shows up just fine for me at the top of the pricing dropdown? I can't disable premiums though.
1569904617151.png

Upvote 0
That's so wild, it shows up just fine for me at the top of the pricing dropdown? I can't disable premiums though.
View attachment 82075
Huh, I was expecting to see a separate button for it, that's a silly way to set it up. My exclusive is at 9.99 so it would never occur to me to scroll all the way down to 0, as I take a lot of exclusives for people who WANT to pay more.

Upvote 0
I think I've read through this whole thread but I may have accidentally skipped a few pages since I've been back and forth from computer and phone but I have a question, sorry if it has been asked and answered already.

Is it a regular thing for models to offer different things depending on if it's a private vs exclusive? Like "member gets to direct the show only in exclusive" or "penetration in exclusive only"

Upvote 0
I think I've read through this whole thread but I may have accidentally skipped a few pages since I've been back and forth from computer and phone but I have a question, sorry if it has been asked and answered already.

Is it a regular thing for models to offer different things depending on if it's a private vs exclusive? Like "member gets to direct the show only in exclusive" or "penetration in exclusive only"
Yes and a big reason for that is that another member can't suddenly hop in during a more personal or explicit show. For instance, I only offer anal in exclusive and typically I wouldn't begin anything to do with anal until at least 5 minutes in. My members know or are told I like to go slow and build up. Some lookylou who can just jump in at any second kinda ruins that. I also only offer roleplay or c2c in exclusive because I consider it to be a 1-on-1 experience. And for my bodies sake, I have started to offer toy masturbation only also in exclusive. A lot of guys don't read and will take you private instead of excl anyway but the majority are fine with switching over (they will need to exit the private and start a new exclusive show with you).

Edit: that being said, the majority of the past year I've kept my premium/exclusive rate the same or not much of a difference and also just kinda decided on a case by case basis if I want them to switch to exclusive. This isn't very common on SM but I've had good luck with this strategy and have also had stacked shows (more than 2 in a pvt at once) unexpectedly during a show I would normally tell the guy to take me exclusive for so you never know!

Upvote 0

Very common. It creates a more personal experience in exclusive and ensures that the model is compensated enough for more "extreme" shows, like anal or bigger toys.

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or is 4/5/6 PM EST the most popular time for models to sign on?
That's when most US viewers are online as well (letting steam off after work/school/whatever), so I think a lot of performers see it as the best time to get online with regard to opportunity for high viewer count, yes.

Upvote 0
Is it just me, or is 4/5/6 PM EST the most popular time for models to sign on?
[/Q

That time at sunday proved to be the best for me actually

Upvote 0
Great news for French speaking models
Now you can Boost your Traffic and have Guaranteed Earnings!

We are excited to announce the latest Streamate project dedicated to French speaking models.

Research has shown that members spend more when they can communicate with models in their native language. So our goal is to offer our French members the best experience by helping them communicate directly with French speaking models.

cNDz47.jpg

We welcome to the project all the studios that would like to help their models increase their earnings as well as all independent models, who fit the criteria.

What is the condition?
To speak and type 95% of the time in French in the chat room

What are the advantages?

1. Guaranteed high quality French traffic
  2. Priority Placement to our French members
  3. Guaranteed monthly earnings (based on your past average earnings)

If you are interested in helping us with this project or you have any questions, contact aura@streamate.com!

Upvote 0
Hey I tried looking for an answer but it seems this gets ignored on the questions I did find. I'm trying to decide what is my best choice for payment method. I am a US model. The other site (mfc) I have it set as direct deposit but I guess SM does not offer that. I really dislike the thought of checks being on a 3 week hold thing.. It makes it difficult to plan out when to work more in case of emergencies happening. Is check my best bet though? I've never used wire transfer and not sure that's available to me anyways.

I'm moving to SM for a change AND more reliable income so I want to make sure I am using a reliable payment method as well with them.

Upvote 0
Hey I tried looking for an answer but it seems this gets ignored on the questions I did find. I'm trying to decide what is my best choice for payment method. I am a US model. The other site (mfc) I have it set as direct deposit but I guess SM does not offer that. I really dislike the thought of checks being on a 3 week hold thing.. It makes it difficult to plan out when to work more in case of emergencies happening. Is check my best bet though? I've never used wire transfer and not sure that's available to me anyways.

I'm moving to SM for a change AND more reliable income so I want to make sure I am using a reliable payment method as well with them.
From what I remember, only my first check was held for a couple weeks, and every subsequent check comes weekly. I get mine every Tues. like clockwork.

Upvote 0
There is lots of info on this inside of Models Only! Definitely get verified, here's the thread with instructions: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1696 :thumbleft:

Personally, having worked both, I prefer SM over MFC. Less offline stress, no camscore, you can set your own rates, and the traffic is fantastic. I can make in a few hours on SM the equivalent of days on MFC and don't have any offline work (raffles, KIK, Snapchat, etc.) to worry about. So I went from working ~60 hours a week and being stressed all the time to 10-20 hpw (depending on my earnings) for the same amount of money, but less stress and more time to focus on non-camming things.

That being said, MFC is one of the most popular camsites for a reason, and the earning potential IS higher (I'm talking about top 20/100 here.) But SM is less stressful, easier to deal with, and I highly recommend trying it out. :)
I just started with streamate and I like it so far. This is my first time camming. For me it is easy to use. I'm still trying to find my style. Sometimes I'll just watch other models for ideas.

Reactions: LittleLei
Upvote 0
From what I remember, only my first check was held for a couple weeks, and every subsequent check comes weekly. I get mine every Tues. like clockwork.
I got my first check I think a week and half after starting. I looked at when the schedule is for pay period is and kinda figure my hours on when to work. It is a little harder for me since I live at home, but so far i like it and my goal is to get my own place.

Reactions: Voodoo Syn
Upvote 0
It's really dumb how the new Streamate site hides models completely from view when they enter exclusive. Why not just bump them to the end of the list, like those in privates?

Upvote 0
It's really dumb how the new Streamate site hides models completely from view when they enter exclusive. Why not just bump them to the end of the list, like those in privates?

Because people can't join exclusives like they can privates, and viewers get booted from our room anyway and can't hang out in still in free chat like they can during a private, annoying as that is, so why even have us visible then?

Upvote 0
...so people know you're online and, if interested, will wait for you, instead of leaving the site?

Streamate wants you to spend money now, not in 5-15-45 minutes when a particular model finishes her current show. They're not thinking about individual model's income streams when they do updates, they're thinking about their own big picture income. Sure, some viewers are going to log off if their favorite model isn't online, but enough are going to find someone similar and get a show with her that SM doesn't care about the few logging off.

Upvote 0
Streamate wants you to spend money now, not in 5-15-45 minutes when a particular model finishes her current show. They're not thinking about individual model's income streams when they do updates, they're thinking about their own big picture income. Sure, some viewers are going to log off if their favorite model isn't online, but enough are going to find someone similar and get a show with her that SM doesn't care about the few logging off.

My exclusives tend to be much longer than my privates. I can't imagine that it benefits the site much to prominently display a model who will not be available for anyone else to interact with for the next hour. Find ya faves on Twitter and communicate there, or jump into a show when you have the chance instead of waiting and crying. Or were you waiting to see more of them in free chat @Whatman?

Upvote 0
My exclusives tend to be much longer than my privates. I can't imagine that it benefits the site much to prominently display a model who will not be available for anyone else to interact with for the next hour. Find ya faves on Twitter and communicate there, or jump into a show when you have the chance instead of waiting and crying. Or were you waiting to see more of them in free chat @Whatman?

Same, it's not unusual for me to be in exclusive anywhere from 20-45 minutes, which is longer than most people are willing to wait for their own show.

Upvote 0
Most members who wait for me to finish an exclusive have no problem coming back when I’m finished. It’s not that hard to just hit refresh when the model comes back.

I always tell members that just plan on camping out in my room then get miffed when they’re kicked out when I go exclusive—you snooze you lose. We’re there to make money not stay in freechat or be more accessible when we’re in a show no one else can join anyway

Upvote 0
I have mixed times. Sometimes my private chats are longer than my exclusive Vice versa

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
Hey Im new on streamate and i have question about payment. First money I earned at the end of september but couldnt have payout because I didnt have minimum $100. From few weeksn I have ad also not long time ago I found out that payment are retarded 3 weeks because of preventing froud or something like that.
BUt I also check that pay-week ends on saturday night and from sundy is new pay-week but is tuesday nd i still didnt get my money. Thery wrote on site that processing is from 3 to 5 days,but in reports and payment history is still nothing.
Maybe u remember after wht time u received your first payment. I use cosmopayment

Upvote 0