AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stripchat.com - Public Thread. New & Existing models are welcome!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xChloe

Stripchat.com
Industry Representative
Jun 10, 2019
Hey guys!
If you are not familiar with Stripchat.com, here is a brief introduction to welcome you aboard.
We are a Live Adult Entertainment Platform featuring free live-streamed webcam performances in both traditional and VR formats. Today, we are one of the most rapidly growing websites in the industry, featuring advanced in-house developed functionality & straightforward, user-friendly models` dashboard.

Long story short, my name’s Chloe, and I am here to support & guide you with any questions you may have devoted to Stripchat.com.

Broadcasting modes and 15 ways to make money:
1. Online tips (Free chat): users can tip you while you’re broadcasting as an appreciation or for a request. Make sure you list your activities along with prices in your Tip Menu so that users know how much to pay for each request.
2. Offline tips: users have the option to send you tips even when you are not online.
3. Spy mode: can be used when you are hosting a virtual private mode and do not want your show to exist in public view. It is the perfect way to earn extra money.
4. Private Show: you set your price per minute, and the requestor enjoys a tete-a-tete show with you. However, spies can enter the Private Show.
5. Private Show recordings: you have the option to record your Private Shows and save them to your video gallery. You can also publish them as paid videos and therefore make some extra cash.
6. Group Show: it is very similar to a Private Show; however, an unlimited group of people can join this show. You set your preferred price per minute. Do not forget to let users know whether the show will start immediately or in 10 minutes so that they can prepare themselves for the fun.
7. Ticket Show: it’s a regular Group Show but instead of setting your rate per minute, you set a fixed price that users must pay with their tips to join the show.
8. Cam2Cam: it is similar to a Private Show (you also set your price per minute), but the requestor can turn on both camera and microphone, and thus you will see and hear each other. Spies are not allowed to access the show. After the show finishes, the user can keep a recording of it if you`ve enabled this option. You won’t be able to save the show.
9. Mobile broadcasting: use your mobile device to broadcast from very different places and interact with your audience.
10. VR: make your stream innovative by updating your standard 2D-video into virtual reality.
11. 3-Hourly Contest: every 3 hours we reward the top 5 earning models with StripPoints and cash prizes. Only online tips counted in the contest.
12. Monthly Contest: depending on how many StripPoints you`ve received during the 3-Hourly Contests, you can win up to $1000 every month.
13. Sell your content: you can create public albums for all users or friends. Moreover, you can create paid albums for anyone willing to pay tokens and access them. Add your best shots and videos, set the price, and receive some passive income.
14. Referral program: A special link, which is available in your dashboard, allows you to bring visitors and earn an extra 20% of ALL their payments made in your room.
15. Fan club: it is a subscription service, which you can enable anytime to get passive income monthly from your loyal fans.

Payouts are made automatically on Tuesdays, and they include earnings from the week before (Monday-Sunday) plus any other overflowing amount from older periods.

We send payments every Tuesday via:
Paxum
ePayService
COSMOpayment
Cryptocurrency
ACH/Direct
Checks
EUR Wire Transfers (SEPA)

We send payments every other Tuesday via:
International Wire Transfers

Your payment will be scheduled once you reach the minimum amount set by each provider:
For Paxum, ePayService, and COSMOpayment the minimum amount is $50
For ACH/Direct, Checks, and EUR Wire Transfers the minimum amount is $100
For International Wire Transfers, the minimum amount is $500
For Cryptocurrencies, the minimum amount is $200
All payout methods are free of charge for models/studios.

Stripchat.com - rolls out the welcome mat for new models.
Join us!

Link to register
Our Twitter
Basic tour for models
Models FAQ

Contacts:
Tommy Neal
e-mail: tommy@stripchat.com
Chloe
e-mail / skype: chloe@stripchat.com

They had a huge influx of new models in the last 8 months to where it's usually 2x or more the number of models on at any given time than it was a year ago. They're giving priority server resources and bandwidth to models who've proved they can bring in viewers/money. Sucks for new models but I had a couple thousand followers in the first 3x camming. Not saying I agree with the strategy but I understand it. Maybe this is only temporary until they add more resources.

Upvote 0
There are a lot of things I'm starting to despise about the platform, so you are definitely not alone. It seems extremely backwards to punish new models by only allowing them to stream with lower quality until they reach a certain point. The site should be able to withstand lots of new models streaming at AT LEAST 720. Something I noticed was a stark difference between MFC and SC was how much better the quality was overall on MFC with models' stream. Yes, MFC is older, but if I were looking to spend money on models, it would be on a platform where I don't feel like I'm looking at stuff streaming from a freaking microwave. lol
Yeah I don't think I'll be using Stripchat, at this point. I'll look into another platform to move to from SM. Maybe MFC is the way to go.

Reactions: Cheeseonmyfriesplz
Upvote 0
Using an external broadcaster is kind of becoming the standard/norm these days, as far as I can tell. So the way I see it is that SC is encouraging new models to start off on that instead of getting comfortable on the direct feed that may not run as well and may be more taxing on your system and maybe even their system or that of the viewers(?). I don't think this requirement is something to get too bent out of shape over.

MFC's quality probably looks better overall because they've been gradually pushing more and more models to use OBS while they're moving away from Flash based broadcasting.
yeah and its also worth noting that virtually no site is perfect, and you will ultimately find things about each one that bother you. I've been doing pretty well on Stripchat, and I also use an external software to stream, so this issues actually doesn't even affect me. I do understand, though, that not everyone has access to super high speed internet and a laptop that can withstand the amount of power you need for a quality stream, so its still unnecessarily unfair for broke beginners.

Reactions: jessienoellexx
Upvote 0
yeah and its also worth noting that virtually no site is perfect, and you will ultimately find things about each one that bother you. I've been doing pretty well on Stripchat, and I also use an external software to stream, so this issues actually doesn't even affect me. I do understand, though, that not everyone has access to super high speed internet and a laptop that can withstand the amount of power you need for a quality stream, so its still unnecessarily unfair for broke beginners.

I might be coming at this from the wrong standpoint -- but I should not NEED a third party software to adequately utilize a site. That's just ... crap site design. I can see the points made about it being 'Industry standard" -- but that should 100% be by choice. And I could see the drive to save money and bandwidth, but that's just a bad look, imo. I've worked in web design and UI design and I CANNOT imagine designing something or utilizing a site with such a major flaw that is an admitted design choice. It REALLY rubs me the wrong way lol

Upvote 0
I might be coming at this from the wrong standpoint -- but I should not NEED a third party software to adequately utilize a site. That's just ... crap site design. I can see the points made about it being 'Industry standard" -- but that should 100% be by choice. And I could see the drive to save money and bandwidth, but that's just a bad look, imo. I've worked in web design and UI design and I CANNOT imagine designing something or utilizing a site with such a major flaw that is an admitted design choice. It REALLY rubs me the wrong way lol
It's free software that most would choose anyway because it allows more control. And that's only for the first bit of camming that you'd need the option anyway to compensate. I don't think it's a bad look when they had massive number of new models joining and it takes a bit to add more hardware to support the huge influx. But you do you. There's issues with every site. This is such a non-issue to me. Get a tiny number of followers and done with the issue.

Upvote 0
It's free software that most would choose anyway because it allows more control. And that's only for the first bit of camming that you'd need the option anyway to compensate. I don't think it's a bad look when they had massive number of new models joining and it takes a bit to add more hardware to support the huge influx. But you do you. There's issues with every site. This is such a non-issue to me. Get a tiny number of followers and done with the issue.
That's totally legit -- it really isn't, in the grand scheme of things, a big deal. Use the third party software a lot of people choose to use, or get some followers -- sure. But where you don't think it's a bad look or a problem and it's a non-issue to you, it's really SUCH an intense annoyance for me given my own experiences and background that it's enough to turn me off of the site, at least for now. We all have our individual things that just get under our skin and we're all products of our own experiences. This is something that I just really can't get with, that's all! 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0
Is there any chance you guys could consider allowing Fans to be knighted by the model they are a fan club member of?

Upvote 0
i really think every model should have same chances . i started camming on stripchat 5 months ago, i just hit 100000 folowers in this 5 months, as a new model , and im usually no 1 on the page , so dunno when they start this but if i had same problem probably i couldnt grow on site so fast and good, everyone need same quality u cant know if a new model is helping you to grow your site or not ..

Upvote 0
Is there any chance you guys could consider allowing Fans to be knighted by the model they are a fan club member of?

Originally, it was assumed that the ability to become knights should be available only for Ultimate (ex-Gold) users. (It's one of the main perks of becoming an Ultimate).

But your proposal also makes sense; I will pass this idea to the Stripchat team. Thank you!

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Hi again Chloe.
I am not a big user/viewer on mobile but I do sometimes, and I noticed when I am on the main page if I have a model in my favourites currently online, I can click the "My Favourites Live" text just above the thumbnails of those on my favourites who are online, and it will take me to ALL of my favourites.
However, if there are none online, no where on the site is there an option to click and view "My Favourites", not even in the dropdown menu (where I click the hamburger icon). It has Friends + Followings, but not Favourites.
SO, there is no way to view them. Is there a way you guys can add a permanent link for it below "My Friends" or above it, in the drop down? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Helpful!
Reactions: xChloe
Upvote 0
Hi again Chloe.
I am not a big user/viewer on mobile but I do sometimes, and I noticed when I am on the main page if I have a model in my favourites currently online, I can click the "My Favourites Live" text just above the thumbnails of those on my favourites who are online, and it will take me to ALL of my favourites.
However, if there are none online, no where on the site is there an option to click and view "My Favourites", not even in the dropdown menu (where I click the hamburger icon). It has Friends + Followings, but not Favourites.
SO, there is no way to view them. Is there a way you guys can add a permanent link for it below "My Friends" or above it, in the drop down? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

In the mobile version of the site, to the right of the Girls / Couples / Boys / Trans sections, you can see a drop-down menu with a general list of categories. There, in the MAIN block, there is also the My Favorites category.

But I understand your idea too, it sounds interesting, thank you!

Upvote 0
In the mobile version of the site, to the right of the Girls / Couples / Boys / Trans sections, you can see a drop-down menu with a general list of categories. There, in the MAIN block, there is also the My Favorites category.

But I understand your idea too, it sounds interesting, thank you!

Ahhh, ok, I guess that does make sense, especially since it is on the left sidebar with all other categories on the desktop version.
I guess because I usually hit the "heart" icon in the upper right to get to my favourites, so it didn't cross my mind at all to click on "categories".

I understand having to try and condense it as much as possible, but hopefully adding it in the 3 dots dropdown (I called it hamburger icon before, too used to web UI haha) on the main/red menu would amazing though.

Thanks, as always

Upvote 0
@xChloe seriously need a kick or ban option for members that are just parked in my room for days/weeks on end with zero interaction. He's never chatted or anything so I cannot kick or ban. I just see his username every single time as soon as I login. Beyond frustrating that I cannot kick someone out of my room that I don't want in.

Upvote 0
I really love Stripchat, but i have to agree. I have 2 guys ( Gold and with tokens on there account) for hours in my room everyday with usernames like „watch for free“ or „wank off for free“ . So obviosly these guys are not interested in ever tipping anything and I don't want such a user with this name to be able to continue watching my show for free.

I mean i have no Problem with greys (as long as they're nice) but that is just plain rude and disrespectful to models.
@xChloe seriously need a kick or ban option for members that are just parked in my room for days/weeks on end with zero interaction. He's never chatted or anything so I cannot kick or ban. I just see his username every single time as soon as I login. Beyond frustrating that I cannot kick someone out of my room that I don't want in.

Upvote 0
I really love Stripchat, but i have to agree. I have 2 guys ( Gold and with tokens on there account) for hours in my room everyday with usernames like „watch for free“ or „wank off for free“ . So obviosly these guys are not interested in ever tipping anything and I don't want such a user with this name to be able to continue watching my show for free.

I mean i have no Problem with greys (as long as they're nice) but that is just plain rude and disrespectful to models.
I can't logically explain why I get so boiling mad when the parked username appears within 2 min of me starting the broadcast. Beyond ridiculous that we can't control that.

Upvote 0
seriously need a kick or ban option for members that are just parked in my room for days/weeks on end with zero interaction

Sure, I understand that it creates discomfort having silent users during your broadcast. According to my information, a feature to kick them is not planned yet.

Evidently, you don’t know who they are. Simultaneously, they might be users who opened your stream on mobile and merely forgot to turn it off. Some users want to stay anonymous, or even our moderators can visit your stream without chatting there.

However, if you suspect that silent users are doing something prohibited, you can always report it to our support team via the ticket system. We’ve recently expanded our team; hence, they quickly react and investigate all incoming requests.

Upvote 0
This question doesn't warrant a whole new thread or a ticket, so I will ask here:

If I am a "solider" for a model and then upgrade to "Lord", do I pay the full amount for lord, or just the difference? So I have paid £10 for "Solider", do I now pay £20 to become Lord or do i just pay an additional £10, and then this month would expire on the date my Solider one would have?

I hope that makes sense

Upvote 0
If I am a "solider" for a model and then upgrade to "Lord", do I pay the full amount for lord, or just the difference?

I will try to explain the whole system then

You can upgrade or downgrade your subscription whenever needed.

However, in order to downgrade it you first need to cancel the current one, and then join the model’s Fan Club again but choosing a different tier. Note that if you cancel in the middle of your subscription period, your subscription will continue until the start of your next pay cycle and only then you can downgrade it.

For upgrading though, you don’t need to wait for the next pay cycle, it can be done immediately.
Go to the model’s chat room and on top of the broadcasting window click on Fan Club. Then you can choose the tier that you want to upgrade to and pay for it promptly.

❕Note that if you do it in the middle of your current subscription period, you will be charged the full price of the new subscription tier, regardless of having already paid for your current one that same month.

Upvote 0
I will try to explain the whole system then

You can upgrade or downgrade your subscription whenever needed.

However, in order to downgrade it you first need to cancel the current one, and then join the model’s Fan Club again but choosing a different tier. Note that if you cancel in the middle of your subscription period, your subscription will continue until the start of your next pay cycle and only then you can downgrade it.

For upgrading though, you don’t need to wait for the next pay cycle, it can be done immediately.
Go to the model’s chat room and on top of the broadcasting window click on Fan Club. Then you can choose the tier that you want to upgrade to and pay for it promptly.

❕Note that if you do it in the middle of your current subscription period, you will be charged the full price of the new subscription tier, regardless of having already paid for your current one that same month.

Thanks, it's the very last part/note that I needed to know.

Upvote 0
"Minor" suggestion, because this is an annoyance more than anything:

Users can use the symbol "@" in their name, so then when you reply to them (tag them) in the chat, it breaks and doesn't actually tag them, for example, let's pretend my name is "MyN@me"
If someone now replies to me in the chat it shows like this:

@Myn @Me

So it creates two tags. I think the easiest solution would be to not allow the @ in a name, or if you have a better solution/method, of course, implement that.

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hello (once again - sick of the sight of me yet? lol),

A model I follow has reached 1,000 today, and I remember you saying she can have better HD cam once she does. She is at about 1,008 right now and when she changes her camera settings it has HD 720p and it saves, BUT for viewers, it does not update. I have refreshed plenty of times and it only shows 360p for her.

Does she NEED to use OBS or another 3rd party software to take advantage of HD, or should it be ok and working without?

Edit:
Sorry, once again thank you in advance

Edit 2:
Actually her camera WIDTH has definitely changed, it is wider now but, no matter what it shows as 360p still.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello (once again - sick of the sight of me yet? lol)

It's always good to see your comments :)

The model most likely had some problems with the Internet connection or with her camera (FPS parameter): in this case, the system will automatically lower the quality of her stream.

But it's always good to get more details about the situation; if possible, ask the model to contact me by mail at chloe@stripchat.com

Upvote 0
Hi again,

I mentioned before about having a way to "hide" the cam2cam window of yourself (just click it and it minimizes to the bottom corner), but I'd also like to suggest being able to MOVE the cam2cam window too. It's always in the bottom left corner, but some positions/angles for models with their camera make it difficult and you miss or don't see bits you want to. So, it would be ideal and perfect if we could move it around at will when we need to, depending on the situation. Basically like how phone/call apps allow (Skype, WhatsApp, etc)

Obviously, if we can minimize the window, then perhaps the second suggestion would not be needed. But ideally, both would be nice to have

I really like the new integrated chat for fullscreen but does it always stay on the LEFT side? I think naturally, I am used to it being on the right side in regular (and to be honest on all camsites I have used), so when it moves to the left for a pvt show, it's weird and difficult/annoying/awkward to be moving my mouse to that side to be typing. Hope that makes sense. I hope I am not the only one lol. So, a way to move this left/right side would be great.

Thanks

Reactions: CalyDreadz
Upvote 0
I mentioned before about having a way to "hide" the cam2cam window of yourself (just click it and it minimizes to the bottom corner), but I'd also like to suggest being able to MOVE the cam2cam window too.
Not really a fix, but: if you use Firefox, you can always "pop out" any video stream on any web page and have it appear in a separate, normal browser window that you can move around, resize etc.

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
JUst to add to my previous post, regarding being able to make the chat on fullscreen switch sides, can it also be made so if you select ti "hide" the chat, the next time you open fullscreen it is automatically hidden?

Upvote 0
Hello again Chloe,

I was helping a model with tags on Stripchat as her English is not the greatest and I find an article in your help section which made me think that you could potentially have unlimited tags, yet she can only specify 10 total.
I understand a limit, but the article made it sound as though you can have more:

Before going online choose as many tags as possible in the fields In Public Shows I do / In Private Shows I do. The more matchable tags selected, the more opportunities for different users to find you.

(Source: https://help.stripchat.com/en/suppo...et-more-traffic-and-become-a-successful-model )

I understand now after knowing the fact there is a maximum of 10, "as much as possible" refers to "10 being possible" but I think better wording so it doesn't confuse others? Or am I the only stupid one to think/hope/misunderstand this when I was searching for limitations?

Upvote 0
Hello again Chloe,

I was helping a model with tags on Stripchat as her English is not the greatest and I find an article in your help section which made me think that you could potentially have unlimited tags, yet she can only specify 10 total.
I understand a limit, but the article made it sound as though you can have more:

Before going online choose as many tags as possible in the fields In Public Shows I do / In Private Shows I do. The more matchable tags selected, the more opportunities for different users to find you.

(Source: https://help.stripchat.com/en/suppo...et-more-traffic-and-become-a-successful-model )

I understand now after knowing the fact there is a maximum of 10, "as much as possible" refers to "10 being possible" but I think better wording so it doesn't confuse others? Or am I the only stupid one to think/hope/misunderstand this when I was searching for limitations?

The truth is somewhere near :)

In the "In All My Shows I Do" section, she has to select an action that she performs in all types of shows.
If she does specific activities exclusively in Private / Cam2Cam, she has to select them in the "Only in Private / Cam2Cam Shows I Do" section.
(I am writing this to explain why she will not be able to include the same tag in both fields).

So the model can choose ten activities in the "In All My Shows I Do" section, and the extra ten activities for the "Only in Private / Cam2Cam Shows I Do" section + an unlimited number of Stream Specifics activities.

But we made some changes to the article to make it more straightforward; thanks for the comment!

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Thanks again, much appreciated.

I have another question (haha sorry).
This is an odd one, to me at least.
Can models add custom censored words to their rooms, either by a default setting or by using an app/bot?
The reason I ask is that in one model's room (in a PM) I had to "brb" and then when I came back, I said something like "Hi, I'm back" and it removed the word "back" from the sentence. I tried it multiple times and it did it each time.
I have since said "i am back" to other models and had no problem but I have also noticed the same thing with other words, they seem to randomly vanish. I can understand some words, of course, but some words definitely not - but it's more the fact they work in SOME rooms but not in others.

So it just had me curious.

Thanks again as always

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.