AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stripchat.com - Public Thread. New & Existing models are welcome!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

xChloe

Stripchat.com
Industry Representative
Jun 10, 2019
Hey guys!
If you are not familiar with Stripchat.com, here is a brief introduction to welcome you aboard.
We are a Live Adult Entertainment Platform featuring free live-streamed webcam performances in both traditional and VR formats. Today, we are one of the most rapidly growing websites in the industry, featuring advanced in-house developed functionality & straightforward, user-friendly models` dashboard.

Long story short, my name’s Chloe, and I am here to support & guide you with any questions you may have devoted to Stripchat.com.

Broadcasting modes and 15 ways to make money:
1. Online tips (Free chat): users can tip you while you’re broadcasting as an appreciation or for a request. Make sure you list your activities along with prices in your Tip Menu so that users know how much to pay for each request.
2. Offline tips: users have the option to send you tips even when you are not online.
3. Spy mode: can be used when you are hosting a virtual private mode and do not want your show to exist in public view. It is the perfect way to earn extra money.
4. Private Show: you set your price per minute, and the requestor enjoys a tete-a-tete show with you. However, spies can enter the Private Show.
5. Private Show recordings: you have the option to record your Private Shows and save them to your video gallery. You can also publish them as paid videos and therefore make some extra cash.
6. Group Show: it is very similar to a Private Show; however, an unlimited group of people can join this show. You set your preferred price per minute. Do not forget to let users know whether the show will start immediately or in 10 minutes so that they can prepare themselves for the fun.
7. Ticket Show: it’s a regular Group Show but instead of setting your rate per minute, you set a fixed price that users must pay with their tips to join the show.
8. Cam2Cam: it is similar to a Private Show (you also set your price per minute), but the requestor can turn on both camera and microphone, and thus you will see and hear each other. Spies are not allowed to access the show. After the show finishes, the user can keep a recording of it if you`ve enabled this option. You won’t be able to save the show.
9. Mobile broadcasting: use your mobile device to broadcast from very different places and interact with your audience.
10. VR: make your stream innovative by updating your standard 2D-video into virtual reality.
11. 3-Hourly Contest: every 3 hours we reward the top 5 earning models with StripPoints and cash prizes. Only online tips counted in the contest.
12. Monthly Contest: depending on how many StripPoints you`ve received during the 3-Hourly Contests, you can win up to $1000 every month.
13. Sell your content: you can create public albums for all users or friends. Moreover, you can create paid albums for anyone willing to pay tokens and access them. Add your best shots and videos, set the price, and receive some passive income.
14. Referral program: A special link, which is available in your dashboard, allows you to bring visitors and earn an extra 20% of ALL their payments made in your room.
15. Fan club: it is a subscription service, which you can enable anytime to get passive income monthly from your loyal fans.

Payouts are made automatically on Tuesdays, and they include earnings from the week before (Monday-Sunday) plus any other overflowing amount from older periods.

We send payments every Tuesday via:
Paxum
ePayService
COSMOpayment
Cryptocurrency
ACH/Direct
Checks
EUR Wire Transfers (SEPA)

We send payments every other Tuesday via:
International Wire Transfers

Your payment will be scheduled once you reach the minimum amount set by each provider:
For Paxum, ePayService, and COSMOpayment the minimum amount is $50
For ACH/Direct, Checks, and EUR Wire Transfers the minimum amount is $100
For International Wire Transfers, the minimum amount is $500
For Cryptocurrencies, the minimum amount is $200
All payout methods are free of charge for models/studios.

Stripchat.com - rolls out the welcome mat for new models.
Join us!

Link to register
Our Twitter
Basic tour for models
Models FAQ

Contacts:
Tommy Neal
e-mail: tommy@stripchat.com
Chloe
e-mail / skype: chloe@stripchat.com

Yes, you are right. When you upload the video, there is a special notification about that: PLEASE! Don't delete your 30-second sample video. Otherwise, we won't be able to verify your chosen category.

It's good that you mentioned this point; perhaps it makes sense to highlight this notification additionally.
The notification is noticeable (at least was for me), though I suppose highlighting it wouldn't hurt. But for me it was the wording that somehow made me think it just means don't delete until you're verified, and I thought after verification came through it's fine to delete it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou and xChloe
Upvote 0
Sorry for dp, I forgot to ask earlier @xChloe is it possible to change a username on Stripchat? I remember you mentioned you were planning to make it possible at some point.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
Sorry for dp, I forgot to ask earlier @xChloe is it possible to change a username on Stripchat? I remember you mentioned you were planning to make it possible at some point.

This is not yet possible, but I remember that some models are very interested in this option.

When it is implemented, I will report it separately.

Upvote 0
Multiple users have said my stream is lagging and jumpy. When I tested it on a different computer I had to turn off the latency (lightning button) and it worked fine, no lag. I have been telling users to do this but most people leave before interacting. My income is down since it started on Sunday. Can you explain why this is happening or what I can do from my end? I use OBS, did not have this issue before, my internet is highspeed.

Upvote 0
Multiple users have said my stream is lagging and jumpy. When I tested it on a different computer I had to turn off the latency (lightning button) and it worked fine, no lag. I have been telling users to do this but most people leave before interacting. My income is down since it started on Sunday. Can you explain why this is happening or what I can do from my end? I use OBS, did not have this issue before, my internet is highspeed.

I have been experiencing this with random models too.
Luckily I figured out myself to turn off the latency, sometimes if it's off it will cause it too and I will have to turn it on then off again, and it's all fine.
It doesn't seem to have any noticeable pattern (all EU models, for example), as it definitely happens for a US model I watch too.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
I have been experiencing this with random models too.
I do the same when either the spinning wheel of dots never materialize into a video stream or if the video stutters and breaks up too much. It appears to happen randomly, but I haven't done any serious investigations on it. Often I just have the "Ultra-low latency" disabled all the time. I often find myself in latina rooms anyway, and the latency (ping) between the model's cam and my screen likely isn't minor to begin with. It's almost 10,000 kms / 6,000 miles and the Atlantic ocean between me and e.g. Colombia. There isn't really anything called "ultra low" when it comes to latency in that case.

Reactions: DoD404 and NotYou
Upvote 0
I had to turn off the latency (lightning button) and it worked fine,
Luckily I figured out myself to turn off the latency, sometimes if it's off it will cause it too and I will have to turn it on then off again, and it's all fine.
I just wonder: what do you mean exactly by this: "turn off the latency (lightning button)"?
Can you be more precise? Which "lightning button", in which software?

I figure you just clear a buffer or reduce it's size. Supposing you first had difficulties obtaining a connection, then the stream's buffer got full and can't "breath" causing lags. Clearing it can make retrieving a constant rhythm to manage the stream... on the broadcaster side. On the viewer side, you can't play with the buffer size anymore in html5 I think (you could with flash). Or maybe you have this 'button' with this special player that we have only when the stream is a bit bad?

In my brain the "latency" is a time needed by data to travel from a device to another one: you can not suppress it.
On a stream, the time can be measured from the Cam, so it can include the time to compute the stream. Hence, it's normally caused or by the network speed (external to your PC) or by internal time to compute, including the time to be regulated by the buffer. You can not generally "turn off latency" (it would be so a magic thing imo :) ) or, at best you can maybe "decrease the buffer size" that will decrease the time for a frame to go to a server.

But doing this would cause frequent freezes as a buffer intends to permit to send frames more regularly, so it's not a good idea, or where am I wrong?

Upvote 0
I just wonder: what do you mean exactly by this: "turn off the latency (lightning button)"?
Can you be more precise? Which "lightning button", in which software?
"Ultra-low latency" is a toggle button in the video streaming window on Stripchat. If you enable it, there is practically no delay on your interactions with the model. If you tip you immediately hear the tip sound in the model's room. If you disable the "Ultra-low latency" setting, there is a 2-3 second delay (sometimes more) on everything.

I don't know how this works technically, but with Ultra-low latency disabled (i.e there is a delay) I'm guessing Stripchat is doing buffering on their end to smooth out interruptions and TCP/IP retransmissions. Could also be buffering on the user's end.

In other words, if the internet connection is unstable on either end or the model's cam setup can't quite keep up with delivering the stream, you can mask it to a certain extent by turning off the "Ultra-low latency" setting.

Note that the actual, technical latency on the connection is what it is. You just don't notice it so much.

Reactions: GoddessV and DoD404
Upvote 0
Thanks, I see it now : 1613822013949.png can only be a buffer's parameter.
It's more probably on the client side: It seems that it follows what I do on all my devices. If I switch OFF on PC, it is OFF on smartphone. If then I switch ON on my smartphone, it returns to ON on PC. amusing.
If it was on server side, this should be more likely linked to the broadcaster (if linked to anything) and not to the user account I guess... and better to the device than the account.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
StripChat has much less latency than other sites even before the Ultra-low thing. Bring up the same model in Strip vs Cb sometime. It's a huge difference. Cb is terrible. When it gets real slow it can be a minutes behind reality.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
@xChloe Good morning

One thing I have seen too often, and it has always annoyed me but for some reason I always forget it, is:

1) I am viewing a model
2) The model adds me to her friends list - I know this because A) I get a notification and B) I see the PM tab show as new.
3a) I click into the notification on the nav bag to accept the invite but it has vanished.
3b) I click into the "PM" to accept it, it has also vanished (nothing is there at all).
3c) If I click BACK to public chat and then to PM again, the friend request is there again, ready for me to accept (or I can refresh the page instead of clicking to public and back to PM)
3d) Sometimes neither of these methods work for it to appear, for example just now I was added, I tried the typical things, still nothing but then I went to her profile and I clicked the "add friend" and then now we are both friends - and if I go to the PM, it shows as "You have accepted a friendship request."

This is not a one-off and so it isn't a model adding me then instantly changing her mind and removing the request.
I hope other's have noticed this too and can confirm it

I use Chrome on Desktop with Windows

• Helpful!
Reactions: xChloe
Upvote 0
Question regarding model's uploaded "private shows" in their gallery.
I am confused how they get these? I mean, i see lots of models with recordings of private shows which they have uploaded to their gallery.
Is this a setting models turn on for themselves? Is it if a private show has recording enabled, it saves for the model too? I thought it only saved for the customer/fan. Is it a setting that is only in regular private shows or do/can they record/upload cam2cam shows too? (I understand with a cam2cam it would not show me, the customer).

And it definitely must be an option from the site as they are always titled the same [25 Feb 04:00] Private Show (for an example)
I am just not sure exactly how this works exactly.. ?
By agreeing to do a private show, am I automatically allowing the model to record it, save it to gallery?

Thanks in advance for any/all clarification on info for this

Upvote 0
Question regarding model's uploaded "private shows" in their gallery.
I am confused how they get these? I mean, i see lots of models with recordings of private shows which they have uploaded to their gallery.
Is this a setting models turn on for themselves? Is it if a private show has recording enabled, it saves for the model too? I thought it only saved for the customer/fan. Is it a setting that is only in regular private shows or do/can they record/upload cam2cam shows too? (I understand with a cam2cam it would not show me, the customer).

And it definitely must be an option from the site as they are always titled the same [25 Feb 04:00] Private Show (for an example)
I am just not sure exactly how this works exactly.. ?
By agreeing to do a private show, am I automatically allowing the model to record it, save it to gallery?

Thanks in advance for any/all clarification on info for this

Every model has "Allow Recording Private Shows" option on her broadcasting page.

When she enables it, the viewers receive an opportunity to save recorded shows to their collection. The model also gets the recording and can make it available for tokens in her profile.

But Cam2Cam show recordings are available only to the user.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Thank you for the clarification and, I want to say LOVE all of the new message system (colour, and the "pop out" chat that appears in the bottom right, the new settings, and everything else)
Thanks for listening

WHat models have wanted for ages, here you go!
scmess.jpg

Upvote 0
@xChloe sorry just noticed, not sure if done on purpose or not but the "heart" icon for the menu navigation has now been removed, I assume to put the new message icon there. But it was really useful to be able to click quickly to go to my favourites - is there a chance that can be put back?

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
@xChloe sorry just noticed, not sure if done on purpose or not but the "heart" icon for the menu navigation has now been removed, I assume to put the new message icon there. But it was really useful to be able to click quickly to go to my favourites - is there a chance that can be put back?

Right now, you can use the left sidebar; there is your Favorites category as well.
By the way, now this sidebar can be hidden or shown on both mobile and desktop, depending on what you feel is more comfortable for you.

Upvote 0
Right now, you can use the left sidebar; there is your Favorites category as well.
By the way, now this sidebar can be hidden or shown on both mobile and desktop, depending on what you feel is more comfortable for you.

Thanks, I didn't even notice that so that is another great new addition, thank you.
Keep the amazing work up

• Hugs
Upvote 0
Thank you for the clarification and, I want to say LOVE all of the new message system (colour, and the "pop out" chat that appears in the bottom right, the new settings, and everything else)
Thanks for listening

WHat models have wanted for ages, here you go!
View attachment 87283
@xChloe I don’t have that option on my stripchat the only one I have is for charge for photos not for allow messages only from favourites and friends🙈🤔

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@xChloe I don’t have that option on my stripchat the only one I have is for charge for photos not for allow messages only from favourites and friends🙈🤔

On the navigation bar in the top right, click the new message icon (very first icon). Once you click that, a popup/dropdown will appear. On here you can see PMs from people. At the top of this new popup, you can see the word "Online" and next to that is a "gear icon". Click that gear icon.

Reactions: Harriett
Upvote 0
On the navigation bar in the top right, click the new message icon (very first icon). Once you click that, a popup/dropdown will appear. On here you can see PMs from people. At the top of this new popup, you can see the word "Online" and next to that is a "gear icon". Click that gear icon.
Thank you but for me doesn’t appear the same as yours lol for me appears only for accept photos not for accept messages from only friends

Attachments

• BC159F50-BE11-4126-9E4A-94C2B6CF0524.jpeg
    BC159F50-BE11-4126-9E4A-94C2B6CF0524.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
Oh that's strange. I don't even see an option to upload and send photos as a user.
Not sure why you don't have the option for receiving the PMs from favourites/friends. I would have assumed all these options would "stack" and appear on top of one another.

Hopefully then Chloe can help with this.
Curious and good for the fact of being able to send photos though

Edit:
Oh wait now i see it, if it's turned on, it's on the "pop up" chat in the bottom right.
So click the icon on the nav bar > click the model's message > it shows the popup chat in the bottom right. In here it has the chat along with being able to send a gift, and on the right next to the "send message" icon, it has "upload photo" icon.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Harriett
Upvote 0
Oh that's strange. I don't even see an option to upload and send photos as a user.
Not sure why you don't have the option for receiving the PMs from favourites/friends. I would have assumed all these options would "stack" and appear on top of one another.

Hopefully then Chloe can help with this.
Curious and good for the fact of being able to send photos though
Yes its strange you want the fotos and I want to accept only msg from friends like that It’s easier because I hate have a lot msg from people just say open your legs show ur boobs and don’t they don’t even tip lol I hope Chloe will sort this out

Upvote 0
Yes its strange you want the fotos and I want to accept only msg from friends like that It’s easier because I hate have a lot msg from people just say open your legs show ur boobs and don’t they don’t even tip lol I hope Chloe will sort this out

It's possibly a bug and i am assuming (hoping) they have just forgot to include it for models lol. I can't see why they would give it to users but not models

Upvote 0
It's possibly a bug and i am assuming (hoping) they have just forgot to include it for models lol. I can't see why they would give it to users but not models
Oh you are a user not a model? I was think you was a model lol so probably this is not for us models🙈 that’s not good as I don’t send msg to users they are the ones who send to us 😂

Upvote 0
StripChat has much less latency than other sites even before the Ultra-low thing. Bring up the same model in Strip vs Cb sometime. It's a huge difference. Cb is terrible. When it gets real slow it can be a minutes behind reality.
My performance is terrible on cb. I can stream in excellent quality on stripchat, and streamate, but if I try to log into chaturbate it frequently drops to 9fps during my stream. Sadly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Hi @xChloe

I have looked in your FAQ Help Center for this question but can't find anything relating to it.
When a model is verified, is it from that moment on that her "new tag" status begins or is it from her very first broadcast? I assume it's the same as everywhere else right, and it begins from the day she is verified?
Also, how long does the new tag status remain? Is it 14 days or less?

Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
Hi @xChloe

I have looked in your FAQ Help Center for this question but can't find anything relating to it.
When a model is verified, is it from that moment on that her "new tag" status begins or is it from her very first broadcast? I assume it's the same as everywhere else right, and it begins from the day she is verified?
Also, how long does the new tag status remain? Is it 14 days or less?

Thanks in advance
It’s from the first time she broadcast and it’s 14 days new tag

Upvote 0