AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

Can we add a "report" option on he user DROP DOWN (pop up) box when you have clicked a name in the chat/user list?
If the way to stop/block these bots is by reporting them, having to load their page, go into the dev tools and hide/delete the html (which on the coloured name accounts is always the case - you can't click anywhere as it fills the screen with a low opacity background which is hyperlinked)... is very time consuming, especially in the model's rooms that get hundreds or thousands of viewers. These attract the bots a lot more. The option could be solely for the broadcaster and mods of the room and not everyone (to prevent misuse/reports). This way too, you can add a COUPLE of simple preset options for the reporting: Bots/Scam or "other"... or something like that.

Upvote 0
Never ever worry for the thumbs down. From my experience talking with models, they ALWAYS seem to be from the stupidest of things.
Most are, for example, when a model/couple are performing a show. Lets say the model is not next to the keyboard and she clearly fucking herself because other guys are tipping her for her lush etc. The guy tips 25 tokens or a specific amount for a specific request from the tip menu. She is not going to see that request or can't do it at the moment because... you know, she is occupied. Most guys will understand that but some guys don't. So they give a thumbs down. Or many guys will come say "hi" and if you don't respond instantly, they will tip 25 just so they can thumbs down. OR similarly, they have already been chatting and tipping in the models room. The model has been responding - verbally and/or typing. But she is also busy with other people in the room, yet this guy is still talking and demands attention constantly because he tipped a huge 25 tokens.

It's always very stupid, spiteful, pathetic reasons why guys will thumbs down. There is the occasional proper reason - but rarely.
So just ignore them.

When I first was aware of the voting and saw too many down thumbs I would just move on. Now if i go to a room and there is 25 thumbs down for example, I will watch to see whats up with that, and won't be as willing to tip til i'm convinced it has value to me or the model. Too many down thumbs make me second guess the models room, otherwise I don't think about it and will focus on likes and dislikes for tipping. I don't know, maybe more than 5 down thumbs i'll start to question the room I guess, but I totally understand idiot dudes trying to show their dissatisfaction over trivial crap and how its insanely superficial. I don't like a negative form of voting without feedback, and even then every thumb has its own story and doesn't need to be broadcasted. Models don't need any more negative stress, that's what grey/basics are for haha. If it was all positive feedback and listed with a link, and the model had control of what was shown, that would be helpful i think.

Upvote 0
I want to focus on adding features specifically for the PREMIUM (monthly) feature.
What more could CB add to that that would be beneficial to the user? I think the limited options they have now are very bad and not a good incentive for buying that $21 per month.

- Allow the user to be invisible
- Invisible tipping
- NOT let the model PM him within the first XX minutes of them entering the model's room
- Sound notification for when you receive a PM
- Timestamp for messages (public or PM - mainly for PM though)

I thought of lots but can't think of more right now. Please add your own specifically for that feature.
What would make you think it'd be worth buying that premium membership?

Upvote 0
I want to focus on adding features specifically for the PREMIUM (monthly) feature.
What more could CB add to that that would be beneficial to the user? I think the limited options they have now are very bad and not a good incentive for buying that $21 per month.

- Allow the user to be invisible
- Invisible tipping
- NOT let the model PM him within the first XX minutes of them entering the model's room
- Sound notification for when you receive a PM
- Timestamp for messages (public or PM - mainly for PM though)

I thought of lots but can't think of more right now. Please add your own specifically for that feature.
What would make you think it'd be worth buying that premium membership?
Would invisible tipping cover the same purpose as appearing invisible? I understand anon you cant tip because you aren't logged in your account, but im not a ninja tipper. I get it on MFC where the viewer list is right there an you would want to be anon, but same thing i've always thought, it's like they cancel eachother out? Especially on CB where it seems the viewer numbers are larger as a whole, and the user list is always in another tab, but I think i'm missing a part of the purpose of 2 invisible options.o_O

I loke the PM idea, but i think it's better if there was a function that the user could toggle on and off for models and other members AND the model has a PM box that has to be tipped for before she can accpet a PM from a user, optional to the model to toggle on or off. Maybe like click the users name and the option to set is there, for those premiums that like to badger models with PM after being told to tip.

The little number is annoying that says how many messages are waiting, maybe a solid different color for new PM instead of a blinking number. It feels like a alarm or something like it is now. Hell, just give the option to have a seperate pm window already while you are at it, tabing constantly is annoying :D

The time stamp would be a HUGE improvement and remove the need for a number that indicates the amount messages

The sound idea im 50/50 on because if the model has say 4 PM and her audio is sounding off from pm chimes it becomes distracting. I mean the tip chime becomes annoying after a while too, add in the pm chime and if it was together with music and the models voice, that would be overload. If im checking a room and the tip chime isn't turned down, that's enough for me to move along haha. I get the idea why and all, it becomes offensive if its loud and constant though.

I think separate windows for PM and users in the room, would be a valuable add on for CB, and help the models manage their social activities easier.

Someone is gonna probably hate this, but premium users getting tokens based on the months they have been subscribed. Maybe milestone bonuses, 2 months 6 months 1 year etc. get better bonus tokens the longer subd'.
-Maybe something like bonus tokens added to a refill package as a alternative to the automatic milestone idea.
-Possibly a "premium currency" that is accrued over a month that function as tokens but are added as time subd' goes on...i dont know, even if they slowly counted up in real time, that might be handy if you were a few short and could wait like a hour and have the total you were trying to use.
-Something like, if i use 10000 i get a achievement or indication of recognition and maybe a discount on the next purchase.
Just ideas, not even gonna try to think about the details like %'s or whatever else haha

-OH! what about Premium gifting or Fan Club gifting! I have wanted to do that probably a dozen or more times for badass greys and some colored users. Even gifting model content, vids, pics, snap etc. That would be awesome to bring the viewers together and the models would get a benefit as well.
Jesus, ticket show gifting too. I'm not sure if that's a thing already, but it seems like a no brainer to me lol.

Love this thread and the fact CB is changing things but I'm getting off the premium bonuses, that's all i got for now haha :muted:

Upvote 0
Would invisible tipping cover the same purpose as appearing invisible? I understand anon you cant tip because you aren't logged in your account, but im not a ninja tipper. I get it on MFC where the viewer list is right there an you would want to be anon, but same thing i've always thought, it's like they cancel eachother out? Especially on CB where it seems the viewer numbers are larger as a whole, and the user list is always in another tab, but I think i'm missing a part of the purpose of 2 invisible options.o_O

It should be the same but I was mostly saying both so they should/could go hand-in-hand, just in case one gets overlooked.
Invisible tipping or being invisible to other models can be very nice because I have seen so many problems arise from one member being in a room and tipping, then going into another room and being there for a short while and not tipping, and then that model has seen them in the other room and it causes problems..Plus sometimes you don't want other people knowing your business and how much you're tipping from room to room.

I loke the PM idea, but i think it's better if there was a function that the user could toggle on and off for models and other members AND the model has a PM box that has to be tipped for before she can accpet a PM from a user, optional to the model to toggle on or off. Maybe like click the users name and the option to set is there, for those premiums that like to badger models with PM after being told to tip.

Would you mean this would be on a per model basis so when you go into the room, and go to settings or somewhere you would be able to toggle it on/off, or it'd be like how it is with bans and regional blocks, where you can add names to it for them not able to do it? One of those definitely will be better than a global on/off option, I do agree. There are some models who PM me and I like them doing it when I enter, then there are others that I hate doing it..

The little number is annoying that says how many messages are waiting, maybe a solid different color for new PM instead of a blinking number. It feels like a alarm or something like it is now. Hell, just give the option to have a seperate pm window already while you are at it, tabing constantly is annoying :D

The time stamp would be a HUGE improvement and remove the need for a number that indicates the amount messages

The sound idea im 50/50 on because if the model has say 4 PM and her audio is sounding off from pm chimes it becomes distracting. I mean the tip chime becomes annoying after a while too, add in the pm chime and if it was together with music and the models voice, that would be overload. If im checking a room and the tip chime isn't turned down, that's enough for me to move along haha. I get the idea why and all, it becomes offensive if its loud and constant though.

The main reason I was wanting a sound option is because I do a lot of other stuff on my PC while I am in a models room, I will need to edit some documents or write emails, or heck, just talk to people on Facebook etc. Maybe an alternative to the sound would be your TAB on your browser to flash with a number 1, or however many new messages you have... Like how Twitter does for example, in parenthesis it adds a number so you know to go back and look. Surely something like that could *easily* be implemented for a premium user..

I am one of those who feels rude as hell, I may not always be able to say to the model "oh sorry I will brb" and I hate to also be in and out, in and out of the room, so in these situations, it's far better for me to remain there with her and then come back.. if she has messaged me in that time, I do apologize. But it'd be nice to have I think SOME kind of method to know, when you're away from the tab.

I think separate windows for PM and users in the room, would be a valuable add on for CB, and help the models manage their social activities easier.

I suggested something somewhat similar to this, instead of everything being bunched/grouped together for PM, have a few different tabs: 1 for Mods, Fans, Coloured Members (or ones with tokens or ones that have tipped in the past 24 hrs), and one for greys.. Then the model can see "oh it's just a grey I opened a chat with that has messaged me... no rush" and vice versa..

Someone is gonna probably hate this, but premium users getting tokens based on the months they have been subscribed. Maybe milestone bonuses, 2 months 6 months 1 year etc. get better bonus tokens the longer subd'.
-Maybe something like bonus tokens added to a refill package as a alternative to the automatic milestone idea.
-Possibly a "premium currency" that is accrued over a month that function as tokens but are added as time subd' goes on...i dont know, even if they slowly counted up in real time, that might be handy if you were a few short and could wait like a hour and have the total you were trying to use.
-Something like, if i use 10000 i get a achievement or indication of recognition and maybe a discount on the next purchase.
Just ideas, not even gonna try to think about the details like %'s or whatever else haha

-OH! what about Premium gifting or Fan Club gifting! I have wanted to do that probably a dozen or more times for badass greys and some colored users. Even gifting model content, vids, pics, snap etc. That would be awesome to bring the viewers together and the models would get a benefit as well.
Jesus, ticket show gifting too. I'm not sure if that's a thing already, but it seems like a no brainer to me lol.

Love this thread and the fact CB is changing things but I'm getting off the premium bonuses, that's all i got for now haha :muted:

Upvote 0
one member being in a room and tipping, then going into another room and being there for a short while and not tipping
100000% agree with you this makes problems, and i think invisible is a great work around, or just tip more LOL kidding.
you mean this would be on a per model basis
Global like you said, hit it on the head perfectly.
it'd be nice to have I think SOME kind of method to know, when you're away from the tab.
Agree, having a option for volume or toggle on and off would be mandatory in my opinion
I suggested something somewhat similar to this
Pretty sure I agreed with your previous post, but lets just keep talking about it till they make it happen :)

Any thoughts on the premium ideas i mentioned? Good, bad, asking too much or little? Seem too cheap?

Oh! After thought. The incentive for a basic/grey to make their 1st move is like, non existent. What I think you get 200 bonus or something like that. I forget. That's the problem its forgettable and if there was a liiiiikkkkee for example...
a 900 bonus for your 1st purchase ever, I would think there would be a LOT less greys. Make the purchase linked to the users IP or location or email or all of the above so it can't be abused. Something more than what they have now for a "incentive" to go blue I think is needed. 1 big bonus initially will definitely change minds, or even if there's a smaller bonus than current, and a HUGE discount on the biggest package, one time limit, that would go a long way. I would have spent quicker if like for 20 bucks I was getting..say..2000 for my 1st purchase. No hard numbers in that idea, just some loose examples.

Oh and make tokens have a lifespan. Probably going to get some flack but if the tokens expired after like, 60 days or something I can't see this being a bad change. If you were saving MFC has that saving thing option, maybe something like that would safeguard against 1 time bonus purchases and people walking away from the tokens finding out they didn't want to frequent the site, and they just sit in their account going to noone. Just a unthought out idea that popped in my head there.

Upvote 0
@Osyrus I like the incentive idea for the more you spend - the bigger the milestone, the better the reward. I think small % savings on bulk token purchases OR a % "cashback" each month (but not actual CASH back, instead it gives you tokens). So if you spend 10,000 tokens whilst being a premium user, you get XX tokens back. Different milestone incentives I like the idea for. Obviously I am not saying that each one would be a % in savings or tokens back.. but other little things maybe - not sure what, I guess they'd need to be more aesthetics than anything maybe.. i am sure there are plenty of aesthetic and non-aesthetic ideas that could be thought of.

I definitely don't think a huge bonus for greys buying premium would be a good idea. I genuinely think 200 is a lot already and gives them a fantastic idea of how great spending and tipping is, how much fun it can be. I think focusing on many other features for premium PLUS those 200 will be much better.

For the tokens expiring, I do think that is good since so many light blues just hold onto 1 token, at least this way they will have to spend a huge $10 every 2 or 3 months. But then, models can see those time wasters since they can arrange by how many tokens the user currently has. Maybe if a model who has this premium option purchased, can see "roughly" how many tokens users have or the last time they purchased tokens (so this feature would be specific for models that buy the premium option). Or heck, maybe split the user list for models so you have your greys and light blues who have not purchased tokens within the last XX months... or in the settings, have a new order by option to see when the person's last purchase of tokens was.. ? I don't know but I do understand the reason why you and models would ant this. OR, since the whole reason a lot of guys make sure they hold on to 1 token is because they can't talk in a lot of model's rooms, maybe add a "1 time purchase of $10" and tehey will show as a completely different colour, and this will allow them to have the same "powers/abilities" as a light blue, by which I mean they can talk in a room with models that have the setting for greys not able to talk enabled.. There can be many more options than just the 4 colours for tippers (and the other 4 for model, mod, fan and greys).

Reactions: Osyrus
Upvote 0
How about if we earn cash from affiliate programs or whatever else on Chaturbate, instead of it being cashed out, we can convert it to tokens?
I think lots of us would be doing this anyway, I mean cashing out and then buying tokens, so why not make it faster for all? You could give a little extra discount for it, so you could charge 0.07 per token instead of 0.08, which means you, CB make 0.02 per token giving you a nice profit from them.

Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
How about a models only section, kind of like a bumble/tindr for other cammers in your local area, so if you want to do a show with someone you have an idea who is close and willing? I wish there was an app like that.

Anyone know how to program? We could call it.....cammstr? 50/50 split on the advert profits?

Reactions: Fae Breen
Upvote 0
This is an idea for a few different reasons: 1) to stop all these spammers/bots from posting, and 2) stop models coming in and trying to steal (in public chat AND PM).

Allow the option for a Broadcaster to say what GENDER can and can not post in their room.

Also add an "Exceptions" list, so you can add a legit person's name to it so they can then post in your room - typically someone could send a tip and then the model can realise it's a real/genuine person there to enjoy the show etc and thus add them to the list.

Upvote 0
Gallery Folders:

Allow models to group some photo sets or videos into a FOLDER and then charge a specific price (or password protect and whoever has the password can view) for that folder of contents.
This could be really useful for people with specific fetishes. If a model has a lot of videos or photos for it, she/he can put them into one folder for that fetish and do this for all (even doing it for vanilla stuff such as just "fingering pussy" or "using dildo" etc). I personally feel this could be very good and helpful for models.

What do you all think?

Reactions: Osyrus
Upvote 0
New feature to add for models:

The option to Disable or charge for Private Messages added within the settings & privacy tab

Reason:

Model's have a lot of cope with and find it hard to scroll through all the PM's from users and sometimes they get lost or distracted by them, when users in public chat are trying to get the attention of the model. Some models have been requesting this feature for a long time.

It doesn't help when a model has a price for PM's and some guys feel that they don't need to pay a model to get a PM when they can just PM due to them paying out for 'Supporter' package. Least with PM's disabled or charged for within the 'Settings & Privacy' the user will get a message that the PM is disabled or please tip a certain amount to enable it.

Upvote 0
New feature to add for models:

The option to Disable or charge for Private Messages added within the settings & privacy tab

Reason:

Model's have a lot of cope with and find it hard to scroll through all the PM's from users and sometimes they get lost or distracted by them, when users in public chat are trying to get the attention of the model. Some models have been requesting this feature for a long time.

It doesn't help when a model has a price for PM's and some guys feel that they don't need to pay a model to get a PM when they can just PM due to them paying out for 'Supporter' package. Least with PM's disabled or charged for within the 'Settings & Privacy' the user will get a message that the PM is disabled or please tip a certain amount to enable it.

I think I suggested this earlier too, for the same reasons basically so I am glad others think it also.
One thing I saw on a competitor site (I won't say where) is if you click "private message" it told me "you must have XX token balance to start a PM". I think this could be great and then it's a good way of knowing it's not some guy with 0 tokens going to waste the time. At least there is a POTENTIAL. Keyword being "potential", as we all know time wasters and freeloaders come in all shapes, sizes and colours (colour meaning name or icon colour in this instance).

Edit:
To add as a suggestion for PMs -
How about some kind of option that allows a model to "stop/silence/ban" a specific user JUST from PMing them for 1 day or permanently ?? So it would be very similar to the whole "kick/ban and silence for 6 hours".

It would show as a new little "section" in the submenu of the name once clicked .
This could help models instead of them having to fully silence or ban from the whole room, it can stop them at least having time wasted via PM..

Upvote 0
How about offering us to pay for Fan Club membership in "bulk"?
Right now it's one fee per month. Instead of having a recurring monthly bill for XX months, I would like to have one.

The options could be:
- 1x Month
- 3x Months
- 6x Months
- 9x Months
- 12x Months

I know most places would jump from 6 months to 12 months, but I think having that 9 there may be a good option.
I am not saying offer extra discounts if you bulk buy a Fan Membership, just allowing us to commit for longer, with a single payment would be so much better.

@punker barbie

Upvote 0
When a model blocks a country or region but excludes a specific individual, he/she can now access that model's room BUT the model doesn't show on the main page or in the follow tab section, when online.
Can it be made so the model does show when you're allowed access like this?

Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
Not sure if anyone has said this but it would be awesome if they added a Paid show option, without having to use an app or bot, where users have to pay 'x' amount of tokens to view the cam.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
A lot of the issues brought up here would be easily avoidable witha rehaul of the current app and bot development environment.

Chaturbate neglects what makes the site unique and that is the experience you get in each room, from the combination of profiles, apps/bots, games, and people (as well as the model, which we are all there for anyway).

Chaturbate needs to implement a few features to allow developers to implement features that models want, while essentially outsourcing the amount of direct work chaturbate themselves have to do.

The changes they should make are this:
- A permissions api that allows us to grant permissions to users
- this could include things like PM, view cam, send tipnotes, etc there is endless possibility.
- A fully featured API that allows developers more control of what happens in rooms and chat
- Better chat information and ability to have persistent banners, and set other static page elements through either profile design or apps.
- Persistent storage accross sessions for apps/bots
- A more expansive ability to create cross site requests
- The ability for models to set custom offline and away images (through an app even)
- A better designed app interface, or even allowing html/css development of app interfaces through the launch screen tied into the permissions system

A lot of this will never happen, it is wishful thinking.

Personally Chaturbate has no reason to continue development of their site. They have the largest market share and constant revenues with their current platform, why spend the money to improve something that isn't broken?

I mean they haven't even bothered to modernise the design, let alone implement a dark theme which people have been wanting for years.

Reactions: BadgirlIvy
Upvote 0
A way to close 1 Private Message
Right now, if you have multiple PM's open, you can click the "X" to close them, until there is only one left open.. at this stage, you can't close that last PM. The only way right now is if you refresh the page. It would be nice if there was an "X" on "PM" to close the remaining one too.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
A way to organize your recorded videos and also similarly, the Purchased Videos/Photos (i only just saw this tab in My Collection - not sure how new it is but i like it!!).

Allow us to sort by: Model Name (A-Z, Z-A), Most Recent (Ascending and Descending). I think those 2 are the only ones to be honest..

Upvote 0
A way to close 1 Private Message
Right now, if you have multiple PM's open, you can click the "X" to close them, until there is only one left open.. at this stage, you can't close that last PM. The only way right now is if you refresh the page. It would be nice if there was an "X" on "PM" to close the remaining one too.
you can close the last pm with the key combo ctrl + L when you have the pm open.

Personally I would like more control over the bio section, being able to layout my content in a better way ( not having to have members click show more in the media section) the ability to add discounts onto media rather than having to change the price, where setting the discount would show X% off.

Another idea would be to remove the exhibitionist cams from the main section and having them on their own page.

It would be nice to have better integration with OBS much like mfc has done in how the apps interact with it. (I know this can all be set up custom, but from what I understand on mfc it's very straight forward to get their obs apps working and dont require custom coding obs overlays that interact with the site.)

Another think I would like to see from chaturbate is for them to stop promoting things that are against thier TOS on their twitter account, I see this really often, either promoting models that are openly violating their TOS, or making things regarding their TOS unclear. An example of this would be a few weeks ago, they had a tweet saying something along the lines of "We are looking for new chaturbate gaming girls to promote" but gaming on cb is against the TOS and all the comments on the tweet were mainly asking if this policy has been changed, ofc there was no answer to all of these questions.

Upvote 0
tweet were mainly asking if this policy has been changed, ofc there was no answer to all of these questions.

That's a big thing that ticks me off, they are so impersonal with their replies IF they even reply. I really wish I could just make the jump completely over to MFC or ManyVids but I have a few short of 5k followers and quite a few I like a lot on CB and feel like that would be throwing some good viewers away...I feel like thinking they will switch platforms for me is insane and totally out of possibility. Lol.

Upvote 0
That's a big thing that ticks me off, they are so impersonal with their replies IF they even reply. I really wish I could just make the jump completely over to MFC or ManyVids but I have a few short of 5k followers and quite a few I like a lot on CB and feel like that would be throwing some good viewers away...I feel like thinking they will switch platforms for me is insane and totally out of possibility. Lol.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if most of them already had mfc accounts already tbh. It seems pretty rare that guys only have accounts on one site, at least from what I have found.

Upvote 0
It actually wouldn't surprise me if most of them already had mfc accounts already tbh. It seems pretty rare that guys only have accounts on one site, at least from what I have found.

True. I like ManyVids the best actually, just wish there was more traffic on MVLive. Seems to be growing though.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was discussed already, but when a model asks me to moderate a room on CB I usually grimace because the feature is so badly designed. Why would the moderator want - except as an option - to see every person entering and leaving the room? If the room has 1000+ people in it, there is a constant stream of noise. That makes it very difficult to actually moderate. The moderator should be able to clearly watch for - and act against - spammers and people who are violating the model's rules. A room with 1000 people might have five users saying anything over a five minute period, yet there are maybe 100 announcements of people entering and leaving the room. So maybe 5% of the verbiage on the screen is what the moderator needs to be watching, and 95% of the verbiage is just random nonsense notifications. By all means give the individual moderators the ability to turn on those per-user notifications, but make that an option. Or enable the notifications of per-user entry and exit by default, and make the option to turn that off.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this was discussed already, but when a model asks me to moderate a room on CB I usually grimace because the feature is so badly designed. Why would the moderator want - except as an option - to see every person entering and leaving the room? If the room has 1000+ people in it, there is a constant stream of noise. That makes it very difficult to actually moderate. The moderator should be able to clearly watch for - and act against - spammers and people who are violating the model's rules. A room with 1000 people might have five users saying anything over a five minute period, yet there are maybe 100 announcements of people entering and leaving the room. So maybe 5% of the verbiage on the screen is what the moderator needs to be watching, and 95% of the verbiage is just random nonsense notifications. By all means give the individual moderators the ability to turn on those per-user notifications, but make that an option. Or enable the notifications of per-user entry and exit by default, and make the option to turn that off.

All you need to do is refresh the page and that stops the notifications about users entering or leaving but obviously you lose an PMs etc

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.