AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Addictive Qualities of Tipping Camgirls

• Thread starter Deleted member 72761
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Huge part of addiction Tx is working on identifying, avoiding, and having a plan for triggers.

Not expecting the trigger itself to disappear, or for the trigger to work around you.

Glad dopamine got brought up because dopamine shifts occur from eating, orgasms (in females anyways not sure about males), smelling cookies... pretty much anything. So you could literally argue that all and any marketing of pretty much anything on this planet "fosters addiction". Because people who struggle w addiction have sensitized dopamine pathways and sensitized or built upon (can't remember the specific neurobiology right now) dopamine reward pathways.

It's so hard for me to shift focus from this topic because it interests me SO much. Can't wait to get back on ADHD meds!!
Lol... speaking of dopamine anyways.

LOL I'm currently taking amphetamine salts on an as-needed basis for ADHD. Needless to say, I have the classical problem of "how am I supposed to remember to take the pill that reminds me to take the pill?"

Re dopamine, I was given to understand that it's a fairly minor factor in addiction with the example of binging on junk food and binge watching a TV series at nights. Many people do it and enjoy it and then give it a rest. Some people will do it chronically. That was the dumbed down example I was given and it made perfect sense.

Say, just forget I said "foster", eh? It was a mistaken choice of words on my part, that's all. I'm rather stressed and sleep-deprived at the present and all but slurring my speech and getting my sentences bass ackward atm. Cheers.

That's what I did for a week (I knew a week would be ample for me), but if my new plan doesn't work I'll step away again. I also can communicate with a few of the models offline, which actually helps me not feel a need to be online all the time.
the only thing for me is on sc is the only way I can communicate with a model

the only thing for me is on sc is the only way I can communicate with a model

I’m assuming by SC you mean Stripchat (and not Snapchat).

If you’re interested in communicating with a Stripchat model when they aren’t live, and don’t mind paying them for their time they’re spending chatting with you off-cam, you can see if they have the Plasma Messenger chat feature enabled. :) It’s a really cool feature on Stripchat.

Plasma is cool, and I have to say - if it wasn’t for Plasma I would’ve probably left Strip Chat after a month or so. It was the off-cam interaction that kept me engaged.

BUT… we’ve moved over to WhatsApp. I just wish it was more stable and didn’t crash and lose all messages every few weeks @Charlie_SC 😂😂🫣

Plasma is cool, and I have to say - if it wasn’t for Plasma I would’ve probably left Strip Chat after a month or so. It was the off-cam interaction that kept me engaged.

BUT… we’ve moved over to WhatsApp. I just wish it was more stable and didn’t crash and lose all messages every few weeks @Charlie_SC 😂😂🫣

Plasma has been crashing, or WhatsApp has been crashing? I thought you meant WhatsApp, but then you tagged Charlie. Lol.

Plasma has been crashing, or WhatsApp has been crashing? I thought you meant WhatsApp, but then you tagged Charlie. Lol.

Plasma was crashing… it was a bit of nightmare. Because a member has to contact a model and not vice-versa, she used to message me as a PM on SC saying:

“The app’s crashed again, didn’t get your last messages, you need to send me another message so I can reply”.

Or mine would crash, lose all messages and I’d have to go back to her profile and find the QR code.

I think Charlie said a few months ago they knew about it and were working on it…

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Plasma was crashing… it was a bit of nightmare. Because a member has to contact a model and not vice-versa, she used to message me as a PM on SC saying:

“The app’s crashed again, didn’t get your last messages, you need to send me another message so I can reply”.

Or mine would crash, lose all messages and I’d have to go back to her profile and find the QR code.

I think Charlie said a few months ago they knew about it and were working on it…
For what it's worth, every platform I'm on has an inbox of some kind. The main thing is how often we actually check them.
I'm not planning on spending all day chatting to people for free/a couple bucks on 10 different sites when I also have everyday life stuff to get done, so I check my messages only when I'm "on the clock" and about to stream or just leaving a stream.
Doing that is a rapid road to burnout, no matter how much you get along with the person you're messaging.

For what it's worth, I also wouldn't recommend spending all day messaging friends/relatives/etc when there's chores to do...that too causes burnout.

Update...

I haven't been on CB in over two months and it has felt rewarding as I haven't given in to the aforementioned desires and pull I had struggled combating previously. I do miss certain aspects of the industry, but my peace of mind is a greater reward. Coincidentally I started chatting with a lady friend about two months ago so maybe that also has something to do with it.

This bit of wisdom should be watermarked on every users screen for 5 minutes after logging in.
Sure. Can we put that on Twitch and Youtube too?

Or maybe...just maybe...we could instead appreciate that different people enjoy different types of entertainment and as long as it's a healthy amount of escapism...we all need to escape mundanity and reality for a bit.

This has to be the most butthurt thread ever.

Genuinely.

99.99999999999999999999% of cam watchers are just having a bit of fun.

Sorry if you spiralled but legit, every form of escapism has the same risk.

That shits on you.

Sometimes I eat too much chocolate, I don't want a warning label on it.

Genuinely.

That shits on you
Thank God someone said it!
Agreed 100 percent.

I saw this comment and forgot to reply at the time.

If you have an addictive personality and can’t understand the difference between fun times and obsessiveness then… I don’t know. You don’t need a disclaimer to parent you into not tipping that day.

It’s the same for betting sites or similar.

Understand your issue, we’ve (mostly) all had them. Seek help:

Reactions: AussieCosplay
Sure. Can we put that on Twitch and Youtube too?

Or maybe...just maybe...we could instead appreciate that different people enjoy different types of entertainment and as long as it's a healthy amount of escapism...we all need to escape mundanity and reality for a bit.

Genuinely.

That shits on you.

Sometimes I eat too much chocolate, I don't want a warning label on it.

what she said yes GIF by TipsyElves.com

And also, let's be real. The same people who a "warning" like that would be aimed at are the same people who would just ignore it.

If you're on a cam site, you're an adult. And as an adult, you need to take responsibility for your own actions and learn healthy forms of escapism... or don't, either way, it's not the responsibility of cam sites to make sure you're not going over your spending limit.