AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The difference between UK and USA

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2023
United Kingdom
This should be fun (maybe) I'll start

UK USA

Colour Color
Jelly Jello
Mate Buddy
Jam Jelly
Bum Booty
Date: 3/8/23 Date: 8/3/23
Pounds Dollars
Pence Cents

I know there are a lot more.If everyone can think of something and add it to the list, that would be great/awesome.It doesn't matter what it is.Apologies to people from other countries on this forum.I only know UK and USA.Feel free to make your own list.

Also apologies if the list has been squashed together.I did space it out before posting it.I know some people won't be interested and that's fine.It's just a change from seeing "I'm in love with a cam girl" bullshit

Reactions: MarieElise
Shite - shit
10 stone - 140lbs
Gossiping - venting
I’m pissed (I’m drunk) - I’m pissed (I’m angry)
It’s cool to be stoic - It’s not cool to be stoic.
Cunt and fuck are funny words - Cunt and fuck are very serious words.
Football - Soccer
Rugby - Football
Jesus can fuck off - Jesus is always watching 😀

Cunt and fuck are funny words - Cunt and fuck are very serious words.
Cunt is a hugely dynamic word in the UK and it rarely is ever used in an anatomical context.

Cunt = bad person
Good cunt = good person
That cunt = that person (not necessarily bad)
Some cunt = someone
Any cunt = anyone
A right cunt = a difficult situation
Made a cunt of it = made a mess of something

Cunt is a hugely dynamic word in the UK and it rarely is ever used in an anatomical context.

Cunt = bad person
Good cunt = good person
That cunt = that person (not necessarily bad)
Some cunt = someone
Any cunt = anyone
A right cunt = a difficult situation
Made a cunt of it = made a mess of something
I know this Misterical. Maybe you were quoting me just to piggy back on a point I made, (but if someone quotes me here I always assume they want my direct attention). So not sure what to say other than; “no shit”.

Haha cheeky - haha rude/ blunt.

I know this Misterical. Maybe you were quoting me just to piggy back on a point I made, (but if someone quotes me here I always assume they want my direct attention). So not sure what to say other than; “no shit”.

Haha cheeky - haha rude/ blunt.
Sorry. I knew that you would know that. It was for the wider audience but because I replied to your post it looks like I was replying to you directly.

I'm pretty sure fanny means pussy in UK, no? Because in the USA fanny and ass are the same = butt.
yeah fanny can be pussy or idiot (like twat)

I think the accidentally really offensive ones are funny

"Can I bum a fag?" Means something very very different to you guys than it does to us

"Can I bum a fag?" Means something very very different to you guys than it does to us
Many years ago a friend and I were out partying and hit it off with a few guys (blokes) on vacation from the UK in the US.
One next to me at the bar asks me "can I bump your fag?"
I glanced over at my friend, turned back and said "oh, we're not together" LOL

Did not know he just wanted to use my cigarette to light his!

Many years ago a friend and I were out partying and hit it off with a few guys (blokes) on vacation from the UK in the US.
One next to me at the bar asks me "can I bump your fag?"
I glanced over at my friend, turned back and said "oh, we're not together" LOL

Did not know he just wanted to use my cigarette to light his!
That has double confusion because “bumping” can also be a slang 90s term for snorting a line. Like in that song; “I bumped up, and then I bumped again”. Oh fuck… it’s too late, now that annoying song’s gonna be stuck in my head all day 😂

Off to the song thread I go… 🤦‍♀️

this one has always thrown me:

”are you ok?” = “how are you?”

in the US, asking “are you ok” shows concern that the person is actually NOT ok and feeling bad lol. but in the UK it’s just a greeting?

Reactions: Raven_Rogue

in the US, asking “are you ok” shows concern that the person is actually NOT ok and feeling bad lol. but in the UK it’s just a greeting?
That one threw me off when I started camming and ended up with some English fans.

Garden = yard
Carpark = garage

fanny - ass
Lol I remember an temp American teacher telling a class of girls at a Catholic school to sit in our fannies.

It did not go well for him.

This was in nz but it’s the same as the UK .. it is a crude word for pussy

Wait.

Really? I have had so many weird interactions w guys like this and I’m always like “yes, why??”

They’re asking how I am??!

Yep. I always responded the way Amber did until someone explained it to me. :haha:
Ooh another one:

xx vs. xoxo

people just dropping the x in the room threw me for so long, they just don’t put the hugs in their kisses!

Reactions: Raven_Rogue
Bog roll = Toilet paper
Bog in the US is a dank, dirty, full of plant matter pond or a place to grow cranberries but it's a toilet in the UK (so I'm told)

• Funny!
Reactions: Sashacurves
  • Funny!
Reactions: Vixxen81
Status
Not open for further replies.