AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The difference between UK and USA

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jam is made with whole fruits, jelly is made from juice.
Thank you, I knew there was an actual difference and not just a phrasing thing but couldn't remember what it was.

Also frosting and icing are different things, too!

Screenshot 2023-08-12 115229.png

Taking the piss - Being sarcastic or mocking something/ someone/ or a situation tongue in cheek (I do it a lot).
It's an Australian national pastime (down here also called shit-stirring). We like to see if people can "take it" if they are able to laugh at themselves or if they are "full of themselves".

(Although shit-stirring can also just be pranking for the hell of it. Not jack-ass style idiocy, but drop-bears for example ;) )

Sorry to inject Australia into this conversation, I will be quiet now ;)

Reactions: rockin_rod
Also a measure of distance here. 😉 Language is a beautiful thing.

Have we covered snog/kiss and dogging/parking.
Is an american yard the same distance as a british yard? like 0.9 meters?
Or is it like an american gallon Vs a uk gallon where they are called the same thing but are different measurements?

Guess thats another one too

Gallon (uk) 4.5 Liters | Gallon (usa) 3.7 Liters

Also a measure of distance here. 😉 Language is a beautiful thing.
I *was* going to stay out of this thread, truly I was, but I do love language.
Have we covered snog/kiss and dogging/parking.

Here a snog is also (well amongst a certain age demographic maybe) a "Pash" -- phonetically from "passion" or maybe "passionate" because one would NOT pash one's relatives :rofl:

Is an american yard the same distance as a british yard? like 0.9 meters?
Or is it like an american gallon Vs a uk gallon where they are called the same thing but are different measurements?

Guess thats another one too

Gallon (uk) 4.5 Liters | Gallon (usa) 3.7 Liters
1 yard is 3 feet or 36 inches.

Reactions: Raven_Rogue
It's an Australian national pastime (down here also called shit-stirring). We like to see if people can "take it" if they are able to laugh at themselves or if they are "full of themselves".

(Although shit-stirring can also just be pranking for the hell of it. Not jack-ass style idiocy, but drop-bears for example ;) )

No that's interesting. Sounds like I'd do great there.

I do a lot of that, and try to avoid people that get upset super easy. I've always wanted to visit Australia... Look so beautiful!

Although I've heard it's really racist there, which I would not like at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozzie_
I kinda want it to have some Australian slang in it, I've watched 4 seasons of Married At First Sight Aus and am enjoying some of the sayings.

day dot = day one
how're you going = how are you
full on = intense/dramatic/over the top (I think?), we might say in US a person is "a lot" meaning a lot to handle
instead of saying "dumb as fuck" they just would say "dumb as"
hand on heart = I swear/promise

Here a snog is also (well amongst a certain age demographic maybe) a "Pash" -- phonetically from "passion" or maybe "passionate" because one would NOT pash one's relatives :rofl:
omg thank you for this, I've been wondering on the show what they mean!

Reactions: Vixxen81 and Ozzie_
No that's interesting. Sounds like I'd do great there.

I do a lot of that, and try to avoid people that get upset super easy. I've always wanted to visit Australia... Look so beautiful!
It is a beautiful country, we have all types of geography and climate from snow to desert to rainforest (and great beaches).

Although I've heard it's really racist there, which I would not like at all.
It is hard for me to say I guess, as I am a white male. But from my perspective and through that "prism":

There is racism for sure, every country has that. I would not say it is a *very* racist country, although certain regions undoubtedly are (again, that would be the case in any country I think).

In the past we (governments) have certainly treated the indigenous population badly (to put it mildly!), and they still have major "issues" for want of a better word. It is a situation that has no easy quick fix. Governments have been trying to "fix" it for, well at least 60 years I would say. I think (I hope) that we are no more and no less racist than any other country really.

We are not perfect, but we are not evil either 🤷

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
It is a beautiful country, we have all types of geography and climate from snow to desert to rainforest (and great beaches).

It is hard for me to say I guess, as I am a white male. But from my perspective and through that "prism":

There is racism for sure, every country has that. I would not say it is a *very* racist country, although certain regions undoubtedly are (again, that would be the case in any country I think).

In the past we (governments) have certainly treated the indigenous population badly (to put it mildly!), and they still have major "issues" for want of a better word. It is a situation that has no easy quick fix. Governments have been trying to "fix" it for, well at least 60 years I would say. I think (I hope) that we are no more and no less racist than any other country really.

We are not perfect, but we are not evil either 🤷
yeah where I said "really" I should have said "even more" because there's a lot of racism here in the US too. Sorry, typo or brain fart or something there. That was only a few people's perspective I got. Interesting to hear more perspectives.

Reactions: Ozzie_
I kinda want it to have some Australian slang in it, I've watched 4 seasons of Married At First Sight Aus and am enjoying some of the sayings.

day dot = day one
how're you going = how are you
Hehe pronounced as one word: "howyagoin?"
It is the equivalent of "how are you doing?" It always surprises me when other nationalities pick this one and seem so surprised. I mean it's the same thing except we ask "going" whereas the rest of you ask "doing"

full on = intense/dramatic/over the top (I think?), we might say in US a person is "a lot" meaning a lot to handle
Anything and anyone can be "full on" and yes, you got the definition right ;)

instead of saying "dumb as fuck" they just would say "dumb as"
Yeah dumb as.. hot as... sexy as.. etc

hand on heart = I swear/promise
A British expression that we use.

If there are ever any others that puzzle you, feel free to ask me. be prepared for me to ramble however, as I said elsewhere I do love language, and I do particularly love our Aussie slang or "Strine" as it is also known. (and spreading its fun across the world)

Last edited:
Reactions: AmberCutie and Maxi
I'll stoke the fire.

Aussies call fast food sandwiches burgers, even if they're chicken.

Hehe pronounced as one word: "howyagoin?"
Yay yep, I actually debated not spelling that out properly!
Yeah dumb as.. hot as... sexy as.. etc
I actually love it, I just picked "dumb" as one example but it does seem it's used in any scenario where we would add a word after.
If there are ever any others that puzzle you, feel free to ask me. be prepared for me to ramble however, as I said elsewhere I do love language, and I do particularly love our Aussie slang or "Strine" as it is also known. (and spreading its fun across the world)
I will! Thanks! :)

Have you watched or at least heard of the show? It seems like it was a HUGE phenomena of a reality show over there. We have a US version (and there are others) but the Aus one is by far and away much better in format.

Burger King in Australia = Hungry Jack's

Brand Name Pancake Mix in America = Hungry Jack

From my pantry
20230812_202921.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wat?!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Yay yep, I actually debated not spelling that out properly!

I actually love it, I just picked "dumb" as one example but it does seem it's used in any scenario where we would add a word after.

I will! Thanks! :)
No worries, mate :rofl:

Have you watched or at least heard of the show? It seems like it was a HUGE phenomena of a reality show over there. We have a US version (and there are others) but the Aus one is by far and away much better in format.
I have heard of it.

Sorry but I hate reality TV with a passion. But am genuinely happy if this show has spread a little of Oz across the world. Just please be aware that we are not all like the tragics who appear on such shows as this lol

Reactions: AmberCutie
I'll stoke the fire.

Aussies call fast food sandwiches burgers, even if they're chicken.
Hmm maybe.. See to us a sandwich is between 2 *slices* of bread.

So if it is a piece of hot chicken (and other stuff) on a "bun" as you guys call it (a bread roll down here -- a bun is sweet, but then so is much of your bread from recipes I have seen online lol) then yeah, it's a chicken burger. :)

Wait, I've fallen behind on this thread but did someone say dogging=parking?? If parking means dogging, then what do you call it when you park your car?

Also defence/defense has always confused me, I thought there must be some subtle difference in the meanings I didn't realise it was just US/UK versions.

Wait, I've fallen behind on this thread but did someone say dogging=parking?? If parking means dogging, then what do you call it when you park your car?

Also defence/defense has always confused me, I thought there must be some subtle difference in the meanings I didn't realise it was just US/UK versions.
Haha

I would say dogging is a little more intense than parking but here in the US that can mean making out/having sex in your car

Parking your car = parking your car haha

• Funny!
Haha

I would say dogging is a little more intense than parking but here in the US that can mean making out/having sex in your car

Parking your car = parking your car haha
Wow I thought I was quite good with knowing the US versions but I've never heard that before! I can imagine UK tourists getting very confused by what the find when they stop to ask someone if there's any parking spots nearby 😂

• Funny!
Status
Not open for further replies.