AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The difference between UK and USA

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A toilet is the thing you sit on to relieve yourself (relief? rest?), inside of the bathroom, restroom, or washroom.
To be fair in french toilette is the word for the room so I guess it comes from that

Reactions: Maxi and Ozzie_
To me, growing up, pants were always trousers and underpants were ‘boxer shorts’.
Here in the hot part of Oz, where we wear shorts as outerwear, boxer shorts are not really a viable underwear option (Particularly in the 70s when men's shorts were quite.. umm.. short!). Briefs are the go. Although in later years trunks and even boxers have become popular.

• Funny!
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Maxi and MarieElise
Down here it is also the room in which it is placed, if that is the primary purpose of the room. :)

I love how we are all (English speakers) "Separated by a common language". ;)
Got it, so it’s both there, and other places. “I sit on the toilet in the toilet”.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Here in the hot part of Oz, where we wear shorts as outerwear, boxer shorts are not really a viable underwear option (Particularly in the 70s when men's shorts were quite.. umm.. short!). Briefs are the go. Although in later years trunks and even boxers have become popular.
Sorry to interject here; but are you saying all the manly men in Australia wrestling crocodiles, and dealing with spiders the size of my fist, are doing it in short shorts ????????????????????????????????????

ETA; Nvm I see you were referencing the 70s. My bad, for skim reading. Holy shit, I was imagining a whole nation of men with their shorts so short, their balls keep falling out 😆 I need to slow down when I read!

will ferrell snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sorry to interject here; but are you saying all the manly men in Australia wrestling crocodiles, and dealing with spiders the size of my fist, are doing it in short shorts ????????????????????????????????????

ETA; Nvm I see you were referencing the 70s. My bad, for skim reading. Holy shit, I was imagining a whole nation of men with their shorts so short, their balls keep falling out 😆 I need to slow down when I read!

The message from Down Under is to enjoy our freedom south of the equator - which translates well to having unobstructed balls 👍

Well... not as short as they used to be nowadays I admit.

If anyone is interested in athletic guys in short shorts, search youtube for "AFL 1980s" ;)

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
Hmm, yes. I can't remember now when we collectively went from briefs to boxers as normal men's underwear, but I'm happy we did!
Fun fact: a very succesful Scandinavian maker of boxers is called "Comfyballs" :cool:

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_
US-Gas/UK-Petrol
US-Motor Home/UK-Caravan
US-Candy/UK-Chocolate
US-Pants/UK-Trousers
US-Cell Phone/UK-Mobile

With the last one there's something I don't get. I'm pretty sure in the states they call games on your cell phone 'mobile games' like we do over here in the UK. Why not 'cell phone games'? This confuses me :confused: lol

US-Gas/UK-Petrol
US-Motor Home/UK-Caravan
US-Candy/UK-Chocolate
US-Pants/UK-Trousers
US-Cell Phone/UK-Mobile

Caravan is something you pull with the car. I'm sure I've heard motor home used as a term for the self propelled variety growing up in the UK. Isn't US an RV?

With the last one there's something I don't get. I'm pretty sure in the states they call games on your cell phone 'mobile games' like we do over here in the UK. Why not 'cell phone games'? This confuses me :confused: lol

Probably "games that are mobile"?

Caravan is something you pull with the car. I'm sure I've heard motor home used as a term for the self propelled variety growing up in the UK. Isn't US an RV?

Probably "games that are mobile"?
More likely because they can be played on a tablet or phone and it's easier to say mobile than cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.