AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The downfall of MFC... Myth or reality?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you the person who got Sephora to finally start doing something with theirs? :haha: They had points for years and people would complain about how pointless they were because you couldn't do anything with them, and a couple years ago they started offering freebies for certain amounts.

I have to say No as I'm not even sure I know what that site is. 😂

@IsabellaSnow Who's asking for the red carpet? I certainly am not. But, I'll play. Your post reinforces why MFC should remove the rewards point system. Anyone, new member or grizzled long-timers, gets no special treatment when they purchase token bundles. So, why should MFC keep track of points? If it's the models, and not MFC, who are solely responsible for giving incentives for members to spend more via sales, or special treatment as rewards, then why should MFC track these points? Have you been in the various lounges? It's filled with bitter members who rip on models and members alike. As I mentioned before, what is the incentive for me to spend time in such a toxic environment? There is none, and that's not a usable reward. What else does MFC offer? Cool fonts and colours to names? Again, useless since someone gets that almost right after becoming premium and provides no incentive for higher rewards points. Bundled pricing? Now we're back full circle, that's completely separate from rewards points.

Of the MFC models here, who actually takes the time to look at a member's stats (account creation date, tokens held, tokens spent in room, and most relevant to this discussion rewards points)? Do you then base your interactions with them off of anything other than possibly how much they've tipped you in the past? Unless it's called up due to how they interact with you, most likely not. A model base her interactions off of how the member behaves in the room as well as how they tip, and most likely it will also vary on each visit as models will most likely shift focus on who's tipping the most at the time. Again, this is at the model level and not MFC.

If you want to talk pricing and rewards points discounts added in, sure. Let's do it. Models price according to their self worth and what the members are willing to pay. No objections here, free enterprise. Now, for the models who sell the same items across multiple platforms, I've seen many adjust their rates based upon the cut the hosting site takes so they get paid the same. Models here have event stated doing as such. So, a savvy member who knows this will go to whichever site gives the best bargain to avoid the "MFC markup". Again, free enterprise for models and members alike. But, MFC could lose out because of the higher markup if a member knows this.

Thus becomes the content only discussion. Members are now spending off MFC, and the model could notice that sales are up on the other site. Yet, down on the camsite. If she does, and this becomes a trend, she may start to worry about ROI of time spent on cam being a loss of revenue. When it reality, it's a shift from MFC to a clipsite or OnlyFans. This goes back to my point about how MFC and models lose out once members start to feel like there's a better value out there. Yes, some members will stick it out obviously. In regards to MFC, Leo still get at least some of his money because he owns OnlyFans.

I'll stop there because it can become an endless circle or go down the rabbit hole. My point still remains the same: MFC implies there is a rewards point system based upon the longer you're a member AND the more you spend over time you will get increasing rewards. This is not true, when most "rewards" from MFC are granted to anyone who attains premium status by purchasing tokens. Or very shortly thereafter. MFC has/had no intention of implementing a true rewards point system where long tenured members who continue to spend money will benefit from it. They leave it up to the models to market themselves as the incentives.

Reactions: MDouble00
I have to say No as I'm not even sure I know what that site is. 😂

@IsabellaSnow Who's asking for the red carpet? I certainly am not. But, I'll play. Your post reinforces why MFC should remove the rewards point system. Anyone, new member or grizzled long-timers, gets no special treatment when they purchase token bundles. So, why should MFC keep track of points? If it's the models, and not MFC, who are solely responsible for giving incentives for members to spend more via sales, or special treatment as rewards, then why should MFC track these points? Have you been in the various lounges? It's filled with bitter members who rip on models and members alike. As I mentioned before, what is the incentive for me to spend time in such a toxic environment? There is none, and that's not a usable reward. What else does MFC offer? Cool fonts and colours to names? Again, useless since someone gets that almost right after becoming premium and provides no incentive for higher rewards points. Bundled pricing? Now we're back full circle, that's completely separate from rewards points.

Of the MFC models here, who actually takes the time to look at a member's stats (account creation date, tokens held, tokens spent in room, and most relevant to this discussion rewards points)? Do you then base your interactions with them off of anything other than possibly how much they've tipped you in the past? Unless it's called up due to how they interact with you, most likely not. A model base her interactions off of how the member behaves in the room as well as how they tip, and most likely it will also vary on each visit as models will most likely shift focus on who's tipping the most at the time. Again, this is at the model level and not MFC.

If you want to talk pricing and rewards points discounts added in, sure. Let's do it. Models price according to their self worth and what the members are willing to pay. No objections here, free enterprise. Now, for the models who sell the same items across multiple platforms, I've seen many adjust their rates based upon the cut the hosting site takes so they get paid the same. Models here have event stated doing as such. So, a savvy member who knows this will go to whichever site gives the best bargain to avoid the "MFC markup". Again, free enterprise for models and members alike. But, MFC could lose out because of the higher markup if a member knows this.

Thus becomes the content only discussion. Members are now spending off MFC, and the model could notice that sales are up on the other site. Yet, down on the camsite. If she does, and this becomes a trend, she may start to worry about ROI of time spent on cam being a loss of revenue. When it reality, it's a shift from MFC to a clipsite or OnlyFans. This goes back to my point about how MFC and models lose out once members start to feel like there's a better value out there. Yes, some members will stick it out obviously. In regards to MFC, Leo still get at least some of his money because he owns OnlyFans.

I'll stop there because it can become an endless circle or go down the rabbit hole. My point still remains the same: MFC implies there is a rewards point system based upon the longer you're a member AND the more you spend over time you will get increasing rewards. This is not true, when most "rewards" from MFC are granted to anyone who attains premium status by purchasing tokens. Or very shortly thereafter. MFC has/had no intention of implementing a true rewards point system where long tenured members who continue to spend money will benefit from it. They leave it up to the models to market themselves as the incentives.
It’s probably a little different on MFC with the expectation of constant content hard sell, but in my opinion... content sites will never replace camsites because the most important section of the tippers enjoy the real time interaction and that is primarily the reason they tip. This is apparent to me because my highest tippers live don’t buy content on my Onlyfans and tip very little there and viceversa. It’s not competing products but complementary ones. Models also need to use the traffic to funnel viewers to their Onlyfans as the traffic needs to come from somewhere

It’s probably a little different on MFC with the expectation of constant content hard sell, but in my opinion... content sites will never replace camsites because the most important section of the tippers enjoy the real time interaction and that is primarily the reason they tip. This is apparent to me because my highest tippers live don’t buy content on my Onlyfans and tip very little there and viceversa. It’s not competing products but complementary ones. Models also need to use the traffic to funnel viewers to their Onlyfans as the traffic needs to come from somewhere

I agree with you in that content sites are completely different than live camsites, and may not ever replace them. But, the reason why I linked my post is because there is only a finite amount of money available for members to draw from. So, if they are presented with a choice of wanting to do both a live stream and content site (OF, MV, C4S, etc) then they have to reduce their spending from camsites if they don't have it elsewhere. Or, they don't do content sites and stay with camsites. Depending on the model, they might get frustrated because either they see their revenue drops in camsites and not necessarily relate it to a shift to content. Or, they may get frustrated in that content sites may not be worth it.

Reactions: Mila_
Your post reinforces why MFC should remove the rewards point system. Anyone, new member or grizzled long-timers, gets no special treatment when they purchase token bundles. So, why should MFC keep track of points?
Of the MFC models here, who actually takes the time to look at a member's stats (account creation date, tokens held, tokens spent in room, and most relevant to this discussion rewards points)? Do you then base your interactions with them off of anything other than possibly how much they've tipped you in the past?
I've utilized reward points quite a few times in the past to decide how I want to interact with a member. I think it's important, and especially so to some models who run their hustle even harder than someone like I would, to be able to judge if a member has spent a lot of time and money on the site or if they're stingy with their spending. Seeing someone who has been signed up for 2 years and has over 100k reward points is a positive thing, seeing someone signed up for 5 years with less than 100 means they may not be worth any extra effort when trying to close deals and create a sale.

I've utilized reward points quite a few times in the past to decide how I want to interact with a member. I think it's important, and especially so to some models who run their hustle even harder than someone like I would, to be able to judge if a member has spent a lot of time and money on the site or if they're stingy with their spending. Seeing someone who has been signed up for 2 years and has over 100k reward points is a positive thing, seeing someone signed up for 5 years with less than 100 means they may not be worth any extra effort when trying to close deals and create a sale.

Do you do this immediately for all members? Or, do you have a criteria this is based off? Meaning, if a member enters your room do you immediately look at their stats or do you wait until they've tipped or interacted with you in some degree? Granted, you can't do something if you're in the middle of an oil show or other action. But, there has to be a trigger involved with wanting to pull up a member's stats. As has been mentioned on ACF in various threads, past actions nor the amount of tokens a member has doesn't mean a member will tip. It may increase the chances they will. But, is not a guarantee. Same with room count.

Not trying to discount what you or other models may do, as it's an insight. For myself, I block tokens and rewards points since I don't think those should be a model's concerns. I don't walk into a store with cash, credit limit and credit scores in hand to prove I might make a purchase. We'd all be appalled if a merchant demanded or had the ability to know before we went into their shop for a purchase or to determine how they would interact with us.

But, I still say that if MFC (not the models) has zero intention of providing a valid rewards program based upon progressive spending, then it should be removed. If models use it as a means of stats, then remove it from a member's view.

Do you do this immediately for all members? Or, do you have a criteria this is based off? Meaning, if a member enters your room do you immediately look at their stats or do you wait until they've tipped or interacted with you in some degree? Granted, you can't do something if you're in the middle of an oil show or other action. But, there has to be a trigger involved with wanting to pull up a member's stats. As has been mentioned on ACF in various threads, past actions nor the amount of tokens a member has doesn't mean a member will tip. It may increase the chances they will. But, is not a guarantee. Same with room count.

Not trying to discount what you or other models may do, as it's an insight. For myself, I block tokens and rewards points since I don't think those should be a model's concerns. I don't walk into a store with cash, credit limit and credit scores in hand to prove I might make a purchase. We'd all be appalled if a merchant demanded or had the ability to know before we went into their shop for a purchase or to determine how they would interact with us.

But, I still say that if MFC (not the models) has zero intention of providing a valid rewards program based upon progressive spending, then it should be removed. If models use it as a means of stats, then remove it from a member's view.
I am fortunate to have a busy room with a large room count, so I'll likely only pull up someone who actually interacts. Sometimes if things are slow, I'll click on names that I've seen in the room for a while that haven't said/done anything just out of curiosity. Models in a lower count or quieter room may do it much more frequently than I would, without any sort of prompt.

But I think you and I don't need more discussion on this since we are on opposite sides of the fence since you don't think it should be our concern.

Moving on to other topics. :)

You don't walk into a store with your credit scores but people in real life tend to want to flaunt it if they have a favorable economic situation. You will find people generally treat you better when you signal wealth, from friends and aquaintances to store clerks to people you share an elevator with. In commission based sale jobs they teach people to pick their targets based off their appearance even going as far as instructing them to check the client's shoes. This is why people go to great lengths to project wealth by driving an expensive car or wearing brand clothing. Strippers in clubs will pick targets the same way. Behind a computer we don't have any clues and that is why MFC clues models in with the points. Members who have a good spending record will want models to see it cause they might get favorable treatment. The flipside is a model might charge you more for the same service if she knows you can afford it, that's why some people might hide it. Chaturbate is more subtle and only lets us know about a member's spending habit for the past 2 weeks. We don't know when the accounts were created or how much they have spent since.

Now, personally... I don't pay too much attention to it because I don't find a big correlation between what a member spends elsewhere and what he will spend in my room. I go by the interactions they have in mine. To me a purple user (someone who has spent 1000 tokens in the past 2 weeks) is a grey ( someone without tokens) until he tips me and grey users are treated with the same respect provided their interactions are on par with the level in the room.

You don't walk into a store with your credit scores but people in real life tend to want to flaunt it if they have a favorable economic situation. You will find people generally treat you better when you signal wealth, from friends and aquaintances to store clerks to people you share an elevator with. In commission based sale jobs they teach people to pick their targets based off their appearance even going as far as instructing them to check the client's shoes. This is why people go to great lengths to project wealth by driving an expensive car or wearing brand clothing. Strippers in clubs will pick targets the same way. Behind a computer we don't have any clues and that is why MFC clues models in with the points. Members who have a good spending record will want models to see it cause they might get favorable treatment.

Some people, yes. Not everyone. But, yes, appearances are an important part of social interaction but should't be the deciding factor. Especially when many have issues with the wealth disparity.

As stated before, I opt to not show my rewards points because I do not think it is a model's business to know it. Nor do I want/expect special/favourable treatment from a model whom I have never interacted with before. When I used to have my points visible, I used to get inundated with PM's as well as focus of attention on me. If a model wants to give me more focused attention, let it be because of how I act and tip her while in her room. What I have done in other rooms doesn't necessarily translate to her. This is why I wound blocking two models who got on my case about them feeling like I wasn't tipping them the same as other models. It shouldn't be their concern what I do in other rooms, and especially what I tip other models. It's very stalkerish.

ETA: While relevant to the discussion of rewards points, it's probably a moot point. I was interested in how a model might use the rewards points, and being some models do use them, I have no issues if MFC removed the view of these points and all implications of there being a rewards point system from a member's view. To me, I don't think how a model may interact with a member should be based on an arbitrary number that had no relevance to them prior to entering their chatroom. Interact and judge a member based on how they interact with you. Should be pretty easy to determine whether they're full of shit or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the MFC models here, who actually takes the time to look at a member's stats (account creation date, tokens held, tokens spent in room, and most relevant to this discussion rewards points)? Do you then base your interactions with them off of anything other than possibly how much they've tipped you in the past?

I check these things on probably 75% or more of the people who spend more than a few minutes in my room. I check it for every single person who PMs me. I'm a lower ranked model without a bustling room, so I have the time to check, and it definitely influences my interactions with people.

Someone with 0 tokens, 20 points, and an account that is several years old (and there are a LOT of these people) won't get much from me aside from a "hello" if they greet me in the chat. All of their PMs get ignored.

Someone with XXXX tokens and 50,000 points who PMs me to ask if I have x thing to do a pvt is going to get a response. I'm well aware that there are plenty of guys who flaunt these things and try to get extra things out of the model, so I still won't do more than answer basic questions so the member can determine if I'm the right person to go pvt with. And you know what? Responding to PMs from these members has sometimes been the thing that takes me from a 10 tk night to a 1000 tk night.

As for people who hide tokens and points (as I have on my premium account), they get treated fairly neutrally. Occasionally, I'll go as far as checking to see if they have a full profile with ratings/comments from models to see if they're worth interacting with.

Would I be devastated if MFC took those things away? No. But they definitely help me judge who is guaranteed to just be wasting my time and who might be wasting my time but might also tip me.

I check these things on probably 75% or more of the people who spend more than a few minutes in my room. I check it for every single person who PMs me. I'm a lower ranked model without a bustling room, so I have the time to check, and it definitely influences my interactions with people.

Someone with 0 tokens, 20 points, and an account that is several years old (and there are a LOT of these people) won't get much from me aside from a "hello" if they greet me in the chat. All of their PMs get ignored.

Someone with XXXX tokens and 50,000 points who PMs me to ask if I have x thing to do a pvt is going to get a response. I'm well aware that there are plenty of guys who flaunt these things and try to get extra things out of the model, so I still won't do more than answer basic questions so the member can determine if I'm the right person to go pvt with. And you know what? Responding to PMs from these members has sometimes been the thing that takes me from a 10 tk night to a 1000 tk night.

As for people who hide tokens and points (as I have on my premium account), they get treated fairly neutrally. Occasionally, I'll go as far as checking to see if they have a full profile with ratings/comments from models to see if they're worth interacting with.

Would I be devastated if MFC took those things away? No. But they definitely help me judge who is guaranteed to just be wasting my time and who might be wasting my time but might also tip me.

While I get models use this score, it still technically is not a rewards point system. It only tracks how much we've spent. So, if this is all it really is, let's call it something other than a Rewards point system and move it so only models can see the points if they so desire.

I find it interesting that you use these to track potential members to interact with. Yet, you hide your own stats

I think the next step in the UIX is not to have everyone see the same homepage based on stats and scores, but based on preferences, you know like a modern day platform you get in Netflix, Spotify and Amazon. Time to think relevance, because when I shop content or items, my decision is not derived by who's the top seller on Amazon that day. The problem begins with a too complex and non-transparent acquisition funnel and customer journey in my humble opinion.

I think the next step in the UIX is not to have everyone see the same homepage based on stats and scores, but based on preferences, you know like a modern day platform you get in Netflix, Spotify and Amazon. Time to think relevance, because when I shop content or items, my decision is not derived by who's the top seller on Amazon that day. The problem begins with a too complex and non-transparent acquisition funnel and customer journey in my humble opinion.
I love to see the full catalog and pick myself. Because one day I might be in the mood for Goodfellas and the next day I want to binge watch Big Family Cooking Showdown, no rhyme or reason. I find that letting an algorithm pick for you robs you from the outliers, titles that might make no sense to offer me but that I would gladly watch if given the opportunity. Some people watch stuff based off genre, but many people also like specific themes and this is what the algorithms usually lack. If you like gangster films they will offer you more gangster films. You like one reality TV show they think you will like them all. This is why I also hate Twitters special blend and always switch it back to chronological. I just want to read all the tweets of the people I follow not the ones the algorithm thinks I will enjoy based off previous interactions. MFC and CB recommended rooms never ever EVER recommend me anyone I like, if all I could see in the homepage was their picks for me it would be very disappointing

I think there's a happy medium that can be met. I almost always have the full list of models disabled, only showing model friends and bookmarked. If I want to see who all is on, I disable it. That being said, there is on the right side of the screen a list where it'll say "If you like <Model>..." it'll provide a match which I'm assuming is based off of hashtags and some other things. They also have similar in a model's menu screen. But, I don't know if it's the same criteria.

I like the ability to pick and choose. But, sometimes it's nice to see ones that might be similar. So, if could turn it on or off.

Reactions: Dan Epstein
I love to see the full catalog and pick myself. Because one day I might be in the mood for Goodfellas and the next day I want to binge watch Big Family Cooking Showdown, no rhyme or reason. I find that letting an algorithm pick for you robs you from the outliers, titles that might make no sense to offer me but that I would gladly watch if given the opportunity. Some people watch stuff based off genre, but many people also like specific themes and this is what the algorithms usually lack. If you like gangster films they will offer you more gangster films. You like one reality TV show they think you will like them all. This is why I also hate Twitters special blend and always switch it back to chronological. I just want to read all the tweets of the people I follow not the ones the algorithm thinks I will enjoy based off previous interactions. MFC and CB recommended rooms never ever EVER recommend me anyone I like, if all I could see in the homepage was their picks for me it would be very disappointing
The entire page is not supposed be different, yet the content recommendations can be. For example when you and I go to the same news website, we'll see different items under the headlines that are not based on an algorithm, they're based on an initiative of data analysis, demographics and affinities-sometimes even campaigns.
This can make a visit more meaningful than being sent by a pop-under or an affiliate which is the equivalent of throwing spaghetti on a wall and hoping that we'll throw enough so that some will stick. Social media on the other hand works differently, one layer is the amount of organic exposure. For example a post on Facebook will only show to about 15% of my friends and followers. A paid ad is the other layer, boosted engagement post, or a lead-generation ad, will appear to an audience I targeted. Right now, we all keep seeing the same generic homepage, and there has to be a way to improve that. Basically what I'm saying that there's a data based way to improve the UIX for the customer without resorting to clutter and push advertising, which is what affiliates already do. The kid has learned a lot in digital after being dismissed by the webcam CEO's :)

Like others have mentioned, I always used to check rewards points if a member interacted in my room. Occasionally I'd check randoms, particularly if they've been in my room a lot, but generally if someone has initiated contact or wants a show. Those who hide their points may be treated neutrally or with some suspicion. I sometimes ask members to allow me to view their tokens prior to a private show, but this is less important now that MFC has a minimum tokens for taking someone private.

As for calling them "reward points", a bit pedantic to make a fuss, but if we're going to get really pedantic, I guess it's down to your interpretation of "reward". Are the points themselves the "reward"? Or are you expecting to be able to "cash in" reward points in a similar way that you can for more store reward point schemes? As MFC is very clear about what the points go to at the start I feel arguing this point is kind of like those who say it's "myFREEcams" expecting to get free shows/flashes and complain if they don't get them. Wordings can mean many different things and I guess "reward points" is one of these cases.

To be honest, arguing to remove reward points completely or to change their name to just "member points" or something seems like a waste of time. It also kind of reminds me of a time when I was working in a club and had been sent to promote the club by offering free shot vouchers on the street. I had one left when I got back and so gave it to a guy who was already in the club. He then (without realising I was the same person) complained to me at the bar because he'd only been given one free voucher despite being with a friend. He even tried to demand I gave them free drinks. I guess my point is, MFC gave members something "extra", and then members are complaining it's not good enough and being pedantic about the entire process. At the end of the day, you buy tokens, you tip models. Models you tip almost certainly give you way more attention and good treatment than they'd give non-tippers, and the more you tip the more "extras" you get. There is plenty of incentive. MFC and other camsites simply don't need to offer members "more". If you pay more you already get a better experience; you get to take girls private, you get more time in PMs, more content (obviously dependent on the individual). I don't really know what more members want? Private club nights where they can meet their favourite models? Kind of hard seeing as we're independent contractors. Free content? Again, up to individual models. You already get free tokens when you buy larger token packages, do you want more? I get that we live in a world where companies are always giving out "free" stuff as incentives, but IMO some of this consumer entitlement is a little ridiculous. MFC is a platform, it does make a lot of money off us, however, it doesn't "owe" us anything except to pay models what we earn.

Just to be clear I wasn't suggesting any free content or reduced prices, nor a price proposition. I was talking about a data-driven value proposition in the customer experience itself from the beginning, as all big e-commerce should strive to.

Just to be clear I wasn't suggesting any free content or reduced prices, nor a price proposition. I was talking about a data-driven value proposition in the customer experience itself from the beginning, as all big e-commerce should strive to.
Yeah I think you and most of the replies just before you are on different topics.

As for calling them "reward points", a bit pedantic to make a fuss, but if we're going to get really pedantic, I guess it's down to your interpretation of "reward". Are the points themselves the "reward"? Or are you expecting to be able to "cash in" reward points in a similar way that you can for more store reward point schemes? As MFC is very clear about what the points go to at the start I feel arguing this point is kind of like those who say it's "myFREEcams" expecting to get free shows/flashes and complain if they don't get them. Wordings can mean many different things and I guess "reward points" is one of these cases.

As the name implies "Reward Points", and yes I've stated time and time again in reference to other industries who offer them. What are you missing about this? I'm not advocating for anything free. I'm advocating to remove them, or rename them to something which doesn't imply members get "free" benefits which MFC (not the models) has zero intent on providing.

Anyway, I'm done with this. You obviously have zero understanding since you failed to comprehend what I wrote in previous replies.

MFC have missed out without a decent gift catalogue for the members. All those lovely Reward Points redeemed for an array of desirable products.

mfc-cat.jpg

cat-4.jpg

Member has their heart set on that BBQ and will buy and tip the tokens to get the reward points required. More income for MFC and the models and the member is happy and proud with their shiny new BBQ or whatever. Everyone's a winner. 😃

Just curious but, isn't making content from share downloadable the model's responsibility/ action/ fault/ whatever?

And if so, haven't all members who have bought non-downloadable content always ran the risk of the model quitting/ getting banned etc?

And sure, I can understand why a model does not want certain content to be downloadable as there are always going to be assholes who will upload clips/ videos etc to Pornhub/ Camwhores/ [site name banned*9] etc

But specifically using MFC Share as a storage site (pretty much) and not making anything downloadable but then blaming MFC that content is lost when one gets banned and stating MFC should reimburse people for their purchases... Let's say it's not how I would have handled it...

Just curious but, isn't making content from share downloadable the model's responsibility/ action/ fault/ whatever?

And if so, haven't all members who have bought non-downloadable content always ran the risk of the model quitting/ getting banned etc?

And sure, I can understand why a model does not want certain content to be downloadable as there are always going to be assholes who will upload clips/ videos etc to Pornhub/ Camwhores/ [site name banned*9] etc

But specifically using MFC Share as a storage site (pretty much) and not making anything downloadable but then blaming MFC that content is lost when one gets banned and stating MFC should reimburse people for their purchases... Let's say it's not how I would have handled it...
Extremely valid point there.

If a model didn't make her stuff downloadable, and if a member did not download said content if it WAS downloadable, it should not fall on the host to keep it available in all circumstances.

Bravo!

I think I'm going to drop MFC a line to inquire on how they're going to handle content of banned models. I'm not expecting anything other than those of us with content are SoL. Partly due to misgivings between the parties. But, also because I can see leaving the content up and available for viewing as a point of contention or possible legal action if a creator could make a case regarding revenue.

So, quick update on this. I sent an email to support inquiring what would happen to the content we had purchased from banned models, or if they even have a policy on this. I tried to make it clear that I was staying out of the politics of things, as it's between the banned model and MFC. Was only inquiring on what happens to the content from a banned model. No response to this inquiry as of this date.

Then, a couple of days ago, I reported what I thought was a bug in tipping models. I got a response within a couple of hours. After a couple of back and forth responses (each reply from MFC had different initials, with the last one being LS), it turned out to be an undocumented feature that I'd never run into before. So, I thanked them for the quick responses and apologized for the confusion I created. In that same response, I inquired again about the purchased content as I hadn't heard anything to my previous inquiry. Again, same thing about being neutral to it since it's between them and I was only looking for an answer to whether or not would be able to access content again, if even briefly to download it. I also stated that I do understand that this might cause problems due to ongoing issues between them, so was looking for a simple "yes" or "no" response. Still no response.

Kind of mixed feelings on this. It's great that MFC is very quick to respond to any potential bugs that might cause tipping issues to models. But, given the lack of response to these recent inquiries as well as previous ones I'd submitted for other support issues, kind of makes me feel that they don't give a shit about members so long as we continue to buy tokens. Admittedly, I understand the current situation between Kickaz and MFC is still fresh and I'm sure MFC is being guarded in their responses. But, even a simple "Thank you for your inquiry on this matter. But, due to current circumstances we cannot provide an answer at this time." would suffice. IMO, it'd be no different than companies who have an ongoing legal case and they refrain from providing a specific answer because it might affect the outcome of the case, so they say something to the effect of "Due to ongoing legal proceedings, we decline answer at this time". Again, pretty standard answer. But, at least it's an acknowledgement that they've received the inquiry.

Extremely valid point there.

If a model didn't make her stuff downloadable, and if a member did not download said content if it WAS downloadable, it should not fall on the host to keep it available in all circumstances.

Bravo!

I'm not holding MFC accountable for keeping the data, only asking what their policy is. While it'd be nice to be able to gain access to it so I can redownload what I lost in my computer switch and my B/U HDD failure, I'm not expecting it. But, felt it was worth at least asking what their policy is, if they have one. Given previous history of them not responding to my other support inquiries, I more or less expected them not to answer and take it as a "No".

Like I said before, wanting a site to run smoothly is totally understandable. I don't think a single person would disagree with that. There's just better ways to go about trying to get that to happen. In the case of Kickaz, I personally do not know her. All I know of her is from the entitled, self righteous, egotistical bullshit she has posted online. She posted one of the emails she sent to support where she literally says "I don't need to explain why this is hurting YOUR and my business because it's 2020". Call me crazy, but that's incredibly rude. One can only imagine the other things she has said that she hasn't made public. Also, let's point out that this person made $10,000 in five days on a site and is still bitching about it and encouraging other models who probably don't make that amount of money in months to boycott the site. Clearly the site can't be THAT terrible if she was able to make that much money in such a short amount of time. If a site made me a millionaire I'd be grateful, and if I had issues I wouldn't be an asshole over it. From what I've seen, I have zero sympathy. I just hope that anyone else she tried encouraging doesn't get in trouble as well.

You hit the nail on the head, in my opinion. I went from being a fan of hers early on to thinking she was one of the fakest cam models I've ever seen. At one point she did do graphic things in private and was happy just having people in her room. Once she hit the big time and garnered some whale tippers, she changed or more likely her true personality reared it's head. She's never wrong about anything and is a perpetual victim. More than once she's gotten into drama-filled fights with other models. There are posts on here about her accusing models who beat her out for Ms MFC of cheating. She's bitched and bellyached for years about MFC and threatened to rage-quit numerous times. MFC took it all but I'm sure at some point enough is enough. By threatening to break the TOS and trying to get other models to join her, I'm sure they finally figured she was just no longer worth the aggravation. Of course her version is poor me, MFC banned me for speaking out about tech issues.

A few years ago she was on a twitter rant because her monthly check was late. She was demanding MFC have a support phone line. That doesn't sound bad on it's face but the kicker (pun intended) was she only demanded it for the one-percenters, the top earning models and whale tippers. Apparently email was good enough for the peons. lol

is a perpetual victim.
Even moreso in the recent years, ever since she had her child... that many people didn't know she had.

Which may have been why she quit and was in hospital a while back? It was kind of a mystery (at least to anyone who wasn't her whale tippers maybe) what she was sick with. Maybe sick with pregnancy. Not sure, but she did "quit" already.

A few years ago she was on a twitter rant because her monthly check was late.
And no matter what refused to admit it could be due to her foreign bank. And never tweeted the resolution, which I am sure involved her getting her money because MFC didn't intend to just "keep her paycheck."

MFC took it all but I'm sure at some point enough is enough. By threatening to break the TOS and trying to get other models to join her, I'm sure they finally figured she was just no longer worth the aggravation.
There's always a final straw that breaks the camel's back. Putting other models' camming careers in jeopardy had to have been it.

attached screenshots for those of us blocked by her:
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.24.55 PM.png

Last edited:
Even moreso in the recent years, ever since she had her child... that many people didn't know she had.

Which may have been why she quit and was in hospital a while back? It was kind of a mystery (at least to anyone who wasn't her whale tippers maybe) what she was sick with. Maybe sick with pregnancy. Not sure, but she did "quit" already.

And no matter what refused to admit it could be due to her foreign bank. And never tweeted the resolution, which I am sure involved her getting her money because MFC didn't intend to just "keep her paycheck."

There's always a final straw that breaks the camel's back. Putting other models' camming careers in jeopardy had to have been it.

On an extra note, she did hype up her last day, and of course returned after a period of time, and a lot of folks were a bit WTF about raking in a ton of tokens for a "last night" just to come back.

And she's planning a new "last night on cam" at Chaturbate for her birthday this weekend, so I'm sure people are wondering if that'll last. I think it's more likely to last this time, because it was MFC and the rank competition that she seemed to really be hooked on, and CB or other sites do not have the same functions she came to depend on (and take for granted).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.41.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.41.31 PM.png
    100.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.42.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 5.42.05 PM.png
    52 KB · Views: 10
On an extra note, she did hype up her last day, and of course returned after a period of time, and a lot of folks were a bit WTF about raking in a ton of tokens for a "last night" just to come back.

She claimed to have cancer, or a tumor. I don't recall specifically. While I didn't tip very much, I did stop in to wish her luck and farewell back then. Then, a few months later (3-5?) I see her camming again and was like WTF? Especially with all the hype over things. I get people may come back. But, it's one of those things where if you hype it up and say you're leaving because of a major health issue, then stay away. Or, wait a long time before coming back. I'd dig for the PM conversation I had with her when I saw she was back for more specifics. But, I deleted my archive history a couple of months ago so I'm going off a sketchy memory.

I've been in her room a handful of times since she came back, and as I mentioned previously, aside from the whole cancer/kid thing I've not had any issues with her. She's always been very friendly, even sending me messages just to see how I'm doing. Far from a top tipper in her room.

But, I don't have plans to visit her this time around. I don't have an active CB account, nor am I going to make one just to see her off. Yet again and possibly see her return in a few months. I don't know about CB, I've heard her say that the members on CB don't quite get her show since it's not a "typical" model's room. We'll see, I have a feeling she will be back before too long. I think she has a hard time staying away from camming. Personally, I'd have stayed retired, and spent every opportunity to be there for her son. Unless she's done a poor job of managing money (difficult to say since she claims she's very frugal), by her own claims she's a multimillionaire and should have more than enough to live off of for the rest of her life.

She claimed to have cancer, or a tumor. I don't recall specifically.
Then, a few months later (3-5?) I see her camming again
And then after a a while, she starts talking about having a baby/small child...

I dunno, just curious how all the events line up. Or don't.

And then after a a while, she starts talking about having a baby/small child...

I dunno, just curious how all the events line up. Or don't.

Yep, a lot of unanswered questions. I won't get into it more than I already have, as only a handful of people really know and to the rest of us it's all conjecture. Whether people like her or not, it's undeniable that she has been successful at camming. Regardless of what the future holds for her, I wish her the best of luck.

Unless she's done a poor job of managing money (difficult to say since she claims she's very frugal), by her own claims she's a multimillionaire and should have more than enough to live off of for the rest of her life.

Don't forget her twitter sob story from last year where she supposedly had her wallet/purse and cards stolen while shopping at a market and claimed the thieves wiped out her ATM accounts. Naturally it led to more posts about how it was the store's fault and they were no help (familiar?). At least it led to another huge round of tipping by her fans to make up for it. :)

I remember the cancer scare. She never said she had cancer but she alluded to the possibility. :) Whether that was all a coverup of her pregnancy, who knows? I think she did a reddit interview where she basically bragged about hiding her pregnancy from her fans while she continued to cam.

I saw both sides of her personality over time. After a while I realized how fake the sweet persona was. I used to think she was extremely smart and I still think she is. I also think she's extremely manipulative. She knows exactly how to play the victim for her fans so they will give her more money. She also knows how to play to the lonely (and well off) who think she's their good "friend". I fully realize that a lot (most?) successful cam models tell customers what they want to hear to a certain extent. I think she's just extremely good at the con. But hey, it made her rich so I'm just a "hater". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.