AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The friend list on MFC! Guys/gals, do you find it useful?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2012
Not talking about PM rights.

Mainly the part of knowing when certain people are online.

Obviously for my perspective as a member it's great because it puts my favorites at the top of the page. I'm sure most members would agree on that point.

How about from the model perspective. Is it useful, or does it feel like the benefit of it is mostly on the member side of things?

I've found it to be a double-edged sword myself. While I have my favorites, I also get bored very easily. One month I might spend all my MFC time in one room, but when I get bored I might hardly visit. And once in awhile a model will message me asking why I don't come around anymore. And it usually upsets them when I say I got bored because they usually take it personally, as in THEY are boring, or did something to drive me away. And it's not, it's more like an attention span issue for myself. I've also had models I don't visit anymore PM me asking if I want a pvt or even panhandling for tokens. It can be a bit irritating.

I don't wanna block them because I might become interested again, but the PM's can get annoying.

Re: The friend list on MFC! Guys/gals, do you find it useful

Kunra9 said:

Obviously for my perspective as a member it's great because it puts my favorites at the top of the page. I'm sure most members would agree on that point.

How about from the model perspective. Is it useful, or does it feel like the benefit of it is mostly on the member side of things?

I've found it to be a double-edged sword myself. While I have my favorites, I also get bored very easily. One month I might spend all my MFC time in one room, but when I get bored I might hardly visit. And once in awhile a model will message me asking why I don't come around anymore. And it usually upsets them when I say I got bored because they usually take it personally, as in THEY are boring, or did something to drive me away. And it's not, it's more like an attention span issue for myself. I've also had models I don't visit anymore PM me asking if I want a pvt or even panhandling for tokens. It can be a bit irritating.

I don't wanna block them because I might become interested again, but the PM's can get annoying.
Some models rely primarily on a few big tippers, and it is very beneficial for most women to know which of their regulars is online, purely from a business perspective.

As far as models sending messages, it is normal both from a business perspective and a friend perspective. I just got a call from a tire company I called once two months ago, asking me if I was still interested in buying tires. Checking in with members who haven't been around is a good strategy, not to mention that most models actually do get attached to members and wonder why they aren't coming around on a personal level. (Panhandling is a different matter altogether, and it has come to my attention that some women don't realize it's irritating. A friend of mine looked at me like I was crazy when I said, "maybe you shouldn't pm dudes asking for tokens"; she was of mind that members came on MFC to spend tokens and she was just reminding them to spend some on her).

Also, I apologize in general for this post, as I am drunk. Carry on.

Evvie said:
Kunra9 said:

Some models rely primarily on a few big tippers, and it is very beneficial for most women to know which of their regulars is online, purely from a business perspective.

As far as models sending messages, it is normal both from a business perspective and a friend perspective. I just got a call from a tire company I called once two months ago, asking me if I was still interested in buying tires. Checking in with members who haven't been around is a good strategy, not to mention that most models actually do get attached to members and wonder why they aren't coming around on a personal level. (Panhandling is a different matter altogether, and it has come to my attention that some women don't realize it's irritating. A friend of mine looked at me like I was crazy when I said, "maybe you shouldn't pm dudes asking for tokens"; she was of mind that members came on MFC to spend tokens and she was just reminding them to spend some on her).

Also, I apologize in general for this post, as I am drunk. Carry on.

I would not have guessed you were intoxicated. I found your post very informative. 8/10! Would read again!

For me, personally, no I don't. I prefer not to know how many of my friends are online and not in my room, and I prefer not to even know how many people of each type are currently watching. I just do better when I don't pay attention to any of that and instead focus on having fun.

I'm watching Hellraiser :)

Kunra9 said:

I wouldn't do the "Why haven't you been in my room?" PMs, because I want people to visit my room because they WANT to...not because they feel bad. If someone has gone a long time without visiting my room that I'm now wondering "Who is he???," I might remove them from my friends list. But I'm not gonna ask him why he's been MIA.

I think the PM feature is great, as long as it's not abused. Tonight I finally told someone (politely) on my friends list that he should send his dirty talk messages via tip note, instead of PMing that all the time...lol. He understood, and didn't give me a hard time about it. Whew!

Reactions: Nordling

A customized nameable friendslist would be of use..

:think:

I love the friendlist in part cause i can see when my friends are online. If they dont come by after a while but i see they are on the most i might say to them is let them know their company is missed and i hope theyre doing well. Especially if they were a friend add and not just a paid one. I miss them sometimes and just wanna know theyre okay. If they come back to my room then great, but i dont mind if theyre seeing someone else now. Theyre still a friend far as im concerned, and are welcome anytime.
I have not ever though PMed looking for tokens or anything of that nature. I couldnt even imagine doing so. I know some girls do though, and some go so far as to troll others rooms looking for tippers to PM too. Ugh. I hate it.

Reactions: Just Me

It's beneficial to me only in the sense that it lets me get a feel for how many of my regs are online, esp on a night that I feel may be a slow one. My regulars know me, so they'll come in my room and chat unlike other people who just sit there. I was on yesterday afternoon and for a straight 15 minutes NO ONE said a word. I know it's my job to be entertaining, but I literally can't talk to NO ONE for 15 minutes straight. I even asked questions, made general statements that might inspire a response, nothing.. And the sexy dancing wasn't inspiring anything else. It wasn't until a few of my regs signed on and cam into my room that I was finally able to get in my groove and get others excited for the show. Sometimes if I'm just not feeling "it", I'll use my friends list to see whose on & then determine if it's worth it to sign on.

Status
Not open for further replies.