AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Hobbit

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tim1724 said:
Yeah, it seems like an odd casting choice to me. A bit like they decided they wanted him, but couldn't figure out what role to give him.

I'm really looking forward to the movies, though. I'm so glad Peter Jackson ended up doing it … I was worried for a while when it looked like someone else would.

He does have an interesting voice. I had the books on tape as a kid, and I think he does sound like whomever it was that voiced Smaug in that. Sort of snooty. (I just learned that his females fans refer to themselves as Cumberbitches LOL)

There was a rumor there for awhile that Del Toro was going to direct... EEPERS. While I enjoy his work, thats like 14 shades of waaay too dark and creepy for The Hobbit.
That creature from Pan's Labyrinth...the eyeballs in the hands, is still freaking me out. Or pretty much all of Cronos. /shudder I don't think he was hugged enough as a child.
Even if I'm not entirely sure how Jackson went from Dead Alive, and Meet the Feebles to the LOTR... :think: I do think he is a better choice for director.

adorkabelle said:
There was a rumor there for awhile that Del Toro was going to direct... EEPERS. While I enjoy his work, thats like 14 shades of waaay too dark and creepy for The Hobbit.
That creature from Pan's Labyrinth...the eyeballs in the hands, is still freaking me out. Or pretty much all of Cronos. /shudder I don't think he was hugged enough as a child.
Even if I'm not entirely sure how Jackson went from Dead Alive, and Meet the Feebles to the LOTR... :think: I do think he is a better choice for director.
It wasn't a rumor. He was hired in 2008 as Director, worked on it for 2 years with Jackson as Producer, but then bailed on the production in 2010. Jackson then proceeded with directing it himself. I wonder how much of the things they "compromised" are still in the movie. I do hope the movie is fully Jackson's baby now, as I'm totally in agreement with you on Del Toro's style.

Status
Not open for further replies.