AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The - I Wonder If - Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aella

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 30, 2012
NYC
knowingless.com
Twitter Username
@aella_girl
Tumblr Username
aellagirl
There are like eight billion little things I've always wondered about camgirls and members.

Like:

Do camgirls tend to be attracted to older men than non-camgirls? How does their intelligence, personality, and personal appearance measure?

Do members who frequent camsites have higher 'addictive personalities' than other people? What is their personality type?

Which time of day gives the greatest boost to camscore?

Do camgirls have any higher instance of trauma or abuse in their childhood (dealing with abuse-creates-sexual-deviancy theories).

At what age is a camsite member most likely to use camsites?

How great is the disparity between girls' on-cam and off-cam personalities?

Is there a correlation between selling videos and camscore?

ETC.

While reading these threads a question will pop into my head - 'I wonder if' - and I haven't been writing them all down. My first surveys taught me a lot about what to do and even more about what NOT to do, and before I try a second time around, I want to nail down specific points that people might be interested in having more information about.

So any time you are plodding along, and a 'I Wonder If' pops into your head, come here and slap it down. It could only be vaguely camgirl related. And then we can talk about it, debate it, and I'll see what I can do to pull in some data about it.

Most of all, I want to see what most people are interested in and want to find out. Behavioral patterns? The key to camscore? TELL ME DEEZ TINGS.

Aella said:
There are like eight billion little things I've always wondered about camgirls and members.

Like:

Do camgirls tend to be attracted to older men than non-camgirls? How does their intelligence, personality, and personal appearance measure?

Do members who frequent camsites have higher 'addictive personalities' than other people? What is their personality type?

Which time of day gives the greatest boost to camscore?

Do camgirls have any higher instance of trauma or abuse in their childhood (dealing with abuse-creates-sexual-deviancy theories).

At what age is a camsite member most likely to use camsites?

How great is the disparity between girls' on-cam and off-cam personalities?

Is there a correlation between selling videos and camscore?

ETC.

While reading these threads a question will pop into my head - 'I wonder if' - and I haven't been writing them all down. My first surveys taught me a lot about what to do and even more about what NOT to do, and before I try a second time around, I want to nail down specific points that people might be interested in having more information about.

So any time you are plodding along, and a 'I Wonder If' pops into your head, come here and slap it down. It could only be vaguely camgirl related. And then we can talk about it, debate it, and I'll see what I can do to pull in some data about it.

Most of all, I want to see what most people are interested in and want to find out. Behavioral patterns? The key to camscore? TELL ME DEEZ TINGS.

I am pretty sure there has been posts on all the questions you listed. The problem is sometimes the subjects were not explicit so it would be hard to find some of them again using the search function.

That being said, it certainly doesn't hurt to have another thread since we have new people and some of the posts are probably quite old. :thumbleft:

Just Me said:
I am pretty sure there has been posts on all the questions you listed. The problem is sometimes the subjects were not explicit so it would be hard to find some of them again using the search function.

That being said, it certainly doesn't hurt to have another thread since we have new people and some of the posts are probably quite old. :thumbleft:

Justme, while I enjoy discussion, the point of this mainly is to hear what things people would be curious on learning in regards to statistics and datapoints and shit. I want to find scientific correlations between things camming related, and I want to know where other peoples' interest lies, too, so maybe I could tackle a subject of high interest.

Reactions: Just Me
I wonder if webcammimg will ever be illegal.

Well, you got me wondering about one of your I wonders: Not sure if members have more addictive personalities than the male population at large, but I think it's obvious that some members are definitely addicted to cam girls. I log in to MFC sporadically. Doesn't matter when I do, I see some of the same guys every time. Would be too much of a coincidence that they just happen to be logging in when I do. Probably some psychological data to mine there.

Furthermore, I wonder how many members have gotten in serious financial trouble habituating cam sites. I've spent a good sum of money at this over the years, but I believe I can afford it. I pay my bills, I have all the toys I want, I give to charity and I'm putting away a decent amount for retirement. If spending money on cam sites got in the way of all that, I'd stop doing it or at least cut back to a manageable level. I've seen some of the massive tips dropped on models -- and I'm thrilled for the models, I truly am. They work long, hard hours and many are extremely good at what they do. But I do wonder at times if guys are spending more money than perhaps they should be. Of course, there are lots of ways to get in financial trouble. Don't mean to be casting aspersions here!

I wonder if cam girls ever become uncomfortable when one member in particular tips them huge sum after huge sum after huge sum. I mean, it's obviously great that the model is getting paid, but does it ever get to the point where a member is tipping so much, so often, that it becomes apparent that member is maybe developing an unhealthy attachment to the model? Do models typically talk to these guys privately and make clear to them that while they really appreciate their support, they need the member to know that regardless of how much the member tips them, nothing is ever going to happen between them? Or is it standard practice to just let the member carry on tipping until they come to that realisation themselves? Or is it something where there's no standard practice?

mynameisbob84 said:
I wonder if cam girls ever become uncomfortable when one member in particular tips them huge sum after huge sum after huge sum. I mean, it's obviously great that the model is getting paid, but does it ever get to the point where a member is tipping so much, so often, that it becomes apparent that member is maybe developing an unhealthy attachment to the model? Do models typically talk to these guys privately and make clear to them that while they really appreciate their support, they need the member to know that regardless of how much the member tips them, nothing is ever going to happen between them? Or is it standard practice to just let the member carry on tipping until they come to that realisation themselves? Or is it something where there's no standard practice?

It happens more often than you'd think. I don't know if I would call it a standard practice in how cam-girls deal with that, everybody's different, members and girls alike. The outcomes are always on the line of the member might back off and apologizes for creating an uncomfortable situation or goes off the rails and becomes the girl's recurring nightmare (stalkerish behavior).

One thing though, not all the guys that tip big and often expect something more than promised from the camgirl. Some people just have the financial means to spend more on entertainment than others, without going into debt or falling for a model.

:twocents-02cents:

I wonder if, after camming for a certain amount of time, a model is stuck on the career ladder without the chance to move up much because most of the MFC premium members have probably already seen her and formed an opinion about her.

i wonder how inclusive camming will become. i recently saw an amputee model (who was doing quite well tip wise). im waiting for the first "little person" model, its bound to happen eventually. already nearly every race (ethnicity as well) and a lot of nations are represented just on mfc. ages range from barely legal to well into "middle age". how bout some gilfs in there too? granny cam ftw?

Reactions: Aella
JordanBlack said:
mynameisbob84 said:

It happens more often than you'd think. I don't know if I would call it a standard practice in how cam-girls deal with that, everybody's different, members and girls alike. The outcomes are always on the line of the member might back off and apologizes for creating an uncomfortable situation or goes off the rails and becomes the girl's recurring nightmare (stalkerish behavior).

One thing though, not all the guys that tip big and often expect something more than promised from the camgirl. Some people just have the financial means to spend more on entertainment than others, without going into debt or falling for a model.

:twocents-02cents:

Oh yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of big tippers who enjoy a perfectly healthy, non-obsessed, online relationship with the model who most benefits from their big tips. It's more the guys who tip more they can afford, buy everything they can from a model's wishlist, shower her with gifts, compliment her non-stop, etc. I just wonder if it's in both the model and the member's best interest, if the model talks to that member about the boundaries of their relationship before someone gets hurt :twocents-02cents:

LilyMarie said:
I wonder if, after camming for a certain amount of time, a model is stuck on the career ladder without the chance to move up much because most of the MFC premium members have probably already seen her and formed an opinion about her.

I guess this would ultimately hinge on how fast the turnover of members is. Members join and leave every day. If there's enough new members joining and enough of those members are converted into tipping premiums, then in theory, models will always have a steady stream of new members who are yet to form an opinion on them one way or the other.

Reactions: LilyMarie
LilyMarie said:

It depends on what the opinion is that's been formed. As is the case with so many of you, it's a joy to return for more of your company.

Reactions: LilyMarie
Aella said:

I think this is the case. Judging from acf and various other camgirl sources, although obviously not all camgirls have dealt with trauma/abuse, but it does seem like a much larger percentage have. I have a feeling this might be because most women have certain strong personal boundaries with their bodies they feel uncomfortable crossing, whilst if you have a history with any form of abuse or trauma your boundaries have already been pushed, maybe you just don't feel nudity etc is such a big deal compared to other things that you've had to experience.
It's not necessarily sexual abuse, but most camgirls I've talked to have had to deal with bigger issues than the average person their own age.
I also don't think it necessarily makes a person more sexual, but possibly more open with and more comfortable with sexuality.

I also think that more camgirls are open to going out with significantly older men than non camgirls. This may be partly because the average persons opinion of camsites before joining are of older men watching younger girls, so if you've joined a camsite then you're probably fairly comfortable with the idea of a much older guy getting off over you. Or perhaps after being on a camsite you become used to speaking to people of a much higher age than you.
It may also correspond with the former point, of whether camgirls have suffered more abuse. Going after older men doesn't mean you have "daddy issues", but it can be because you're after support and protection. It's built into us from childhood that "adults" are the ones who look after us. If you've had a fairly rocky teenage life then it's only natural to be attracted to stability, which in most cases comes from someone being much older.

Really interesting post by the way :)

Reactions: Aella and RedHerby
As I implement changes to myself and ultimately to my style of camming, I notice that I'm losing members of my fanbase that had been around since the beginning. As I continue to change my body/life for the better/healthier, I wonder if my fans that found me because I was a certain size/shape/niche category will stick with me when I'm no longer that size/shape/category.

AllisonWilder said:
As I implement changes to myself and ultimately to my style of camming, I notice that I'm losing members of my fanbase that had been around since the beginning. As I continue to change my body/life for the better/healthier, I wonder if my fans that found me because I was a certain size/shape/niche category will stick with me when I'm no longer that size/shape/category.

I wonder if I end up losing weight if I'll gain more fanbase/admirers. I am pretty certain I will.

Reactions: AllisonWilder
Isabella_deL said:
AllisonWilder said:

I wonder if I end up losing weight if I'll gain more fanbase/admirers. I am pretty certain I will.

but, but, but youre so frakking hot!

southsamurai said:
i wonder how inclusive camming will become. i recently saw an amputee model (who was doing quite well tip wise). im waiting for the first "little person" model, its bound to happen eventually. already nearly every race (ethnicity as well) and a lot of nations are represented just on mfc. ages range from barely legal to well into "middle age". how bout some gilfs in there too? granny cam ftw?

There is a little person model on MFC. Dang I can't remember her name but she is there. I found her in the private gallery and took a look at her profile maybe a month or so ago.

southsamurai said:

Well, when I get back on cam in a few weeks I shall be post breast cancer so I guess that's inclusive. I have reconstructed breasts but they are certainly nothing like a boob job. I'm also going to be 52 next month so I qualify as an old bird, too!

RebeccaT said:
southsamurai said:

Well, when I get back on cam in a few weeks I shall be post breast cancer so I guess that's inclusive. I have reconstructed breasts but they are certainly nothing like a boob job. I'm also going to be 52 next month so I qualify as an old bird, too!

yay! im glad you came out of it healthy and ready to do your thing :) but i must say, if 52 is an old bird, im very scared of hitting 40 lol... to me "old" doesnt start til retirement age. (and is relative in any case, old is how you feel, not how many years you survive this sick sad joke we call life )

Status
Not open for further replies.