AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The maybe not so generic ‘falling for a cam girl’ post.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2019
Hi there,

Long post alert. The TL;DR version : I talked to a cam girl we now only talk offline and I am going to meet her, but sceptical about doing it.

First post on here. I have been looking at falling for a cam girl posts on here for a while and thought I’d share my current experience, as I am planning on meeting a cam girl I used to speak to (we talk only offline now). And wanted advice/opinion.

I’ll start by saying I haven’t spent unaffordable sums of money on this girl or tattooed my body with her name or started writing songs etc. I now will absolutely not give or send her money.

I had no intention of joining a cam site to ‘find love’ I don’t think anyone does, and I am not convinced it’s possible. And do not join one thinking that’s what they are for.

Anyway, I start speaking to this girl on a cam site. We get on okay, and mainly just talk. I start enjoying talking to her each evening (I was in a long term relationship that was breaking down) so it was nice to talk to someone neutral.

Anyway, I start getting confusing feelings, can’t seem to get her out of my head. I tell myself it’s ridiculous and try and move on. In the end I decide that maybe if I C2C with her that might normalise things (no idea why I thought that) but instead it seemed to intensify things. So we start talking about meeting and add each other on social media (her real one).

I was quite concerned the entire time I was being scammed tbh, we would talk for hours on the site, but when it came to talking offline, we did not quite communicate as much. So I put it down to the fact she just wanted me in her room more.

I decided it all had to stop and that I was lost in a fantasy that wasn’t real. And decided to break it off. I avoid her room and try and forget about her. She blocked me off all platforms as I said to her she only wanted me for money, my life was also complicated at the time due to my ending relationship and I said I could not do it anyway. She tells some story about how she’ll contact me in some weeks or something, but we effectively *dramatically* ‘said goodbye forever’.

Anyway, fast forward, months pass. I notice she unbanned me from her room (not social media). Which again lead me to believe she just wanted me to goto her room more. I avoided her room for weeks after I notice the unban. But in a moment of weakness decided to go back in, hoping in a way she would instantly block me again.

Anyway, we talk, I ask how she is etc. And she says she still feels something, I explain that I can talk to her but only off the site, I can spend no money on her. She says she doesn’t want my money. So we start texting.

Shortly into the texting she wants me to come and meet her (lives in another country). I don’t respond for a while, but kinda think to myself ‘what the hell’. So I book a visit to her. I have said I will only meet her in a neutral place etc which she is happy with.

Maybe I am being naiive, but provided before the trip I don’t get any messages asking for money for her sick mother, this seems a bit of a crappy long con? Not entirely sure what she’d have to gain by meeting me. She could rob me, but seems like alot of effort to goto? There is nothing she can use to extort me. So I dunno.

A few red flags have popped up. Texting is still sporadic, I feel like I am being texted off a separate phone but I have no idea. Her emotions are a little bit up and down, she cried when I ‘called it off’ (bit dramatic?). And emotions can go from very intense to her not seeming that bothered.

My general consensus at the moment is, it could be all a long con (but I fail to see the end goal). But provided I am very cautious about where we go, meet etc. I feel like maybe it’s worth a shot. I am potentially getting a friend and girlfriend to come with me, who have said if if it doesn’t work out, we can just have a holiday.

Thoughts appreciated!

I know I know, another one of these guys 🤣.

Tbh, reading it back even I think it sounds crazy.

I guess with zero money involved I see very little for her to gain in dragging this out.

I realistically see 3 outcomes

1. We meet

2. She takes it to the brink then a week before makes up some story of how she needs money, otherwise can’t meet.

3. I get there, we don’t meet or I get robbed. (Seems unlikely and a convoluted way to rob someone).

Either way, I am not giving her any money, to be honest, it is something I would quite like some closure on, and this feels like the only way to get it.

I can’t say I’m too emotionally invested.

I had no intention of joining a cam site to ‘find love’ I don’t think anyone does, and I am not convinced it’s possible. And do not join one thinking that’s what they are for.

Anyway, I start speaking to this girl on a cam site. We get on okay, and mainly just talk. I start enjoying talking to her each evening (I was in a long term relationship that was breaking down) so it was nice to talk to someone neutral.

I think you should go speak to a therapist before you spend hundreds on travel.

Maybe you’re right. But with a friend coming with me, we’d just make a vacation out of it anyway. So I can’t say I am that bothered about the travel cost.

I dunno, I guess I’m just intrigued.

Options are basically, cancel the whole trip and never find out or just go and see what happens. Fail to see the gain to her, if, I have not paid for a cam session for months, will never pay her any money etc. And I hardly have anyway tbh.

But as I said, between now and when I go, alot could happen.

Maybe you’re right. But with a friend coming with me, we’d just make a vacation out of it anyway. So I can’t say I am that bothered about the travel cost.

I dunno, I guess I’m just intrigued.

Options are basically, cancel the whole trip and never find out or just go and see what happens. Fail to see the gain to her, if, I have not paid for a cam session for months, will never pay her any money etc. And I hardly have anyway tbh.

But as I said, between now and when I go, alot could happen.

If by “another country” you mean Canada or an actual turistic destination.. then fine.. what’s the damage. If “by another country” you mean an ex-URSS or an ex-Yugoslavia nation and you are only going because of the fact that you could meet her cancel the trip. This is my 2 cents.

Well, it’s a city the friend I am going with, went on vacation to recently, so he knows his way around. As it stands I have booked the trip, I can cancel it with no penalty beforehand.

It isn’t until the end of next month. I will update as to how I get on if it does happen. Then seek therapy 🤣

There are a some I have seen on here, but it’s rare.

Basically the only way I would ever do it is if I was talking to her for a degree of time without compensation, which is what I am doing.

I am tbh, fairly relaxed about the situation, despite the title, I have not ‘fallen for her’ sure I have a crush. But I am not naive enough to think that this will equate to anything in reality. I treat it now as messaging any other girl.

However, the fact she is a cam girl brings with it, in my opinion, a few hurdles, which is the reason for the post.

I am not breaking the bank to make the trip, I have a few days off work and can afford to go, so my attitude is, why not?

I will absolutely not disappear and I will keep it updated. Hilarity will possibly ensue.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I'll never understand these threads. Why ask us when you all ready made up your mind? Any suggestions or someone mentioning it's a terrible idea get shot down.

Anywho still think you should spend that money on therapy instead of a vacation to Eastern Europe. This sounds like an expensive wasteful rebound.

There are a some I have seen on here, but it’s rare.

Basically the only way I would ever do it is if I was talking to her for a degree of time without compensation, which is what I am doing.

I am tbh, fairly relaxed about the situation, despite the title, I have not ‘fallen for her’ sure I have a crush. But I am not naive enough to think that this will equate to anything in reality. I treat it now as messaging any other girl.

However, the fact she is a cam girl brings with it, in my opinion, a few hurdles, which is the reason for the post.

I am not breaking the bank to make the trip, I have a few days off work and can afford to go, so my attitude is, why not?

I will absolutely not disappear and I will keep it updated. Hilarity will possibly ensue.

How many times a year do you travel? If it’s less than 12 times a year then spending a trip on going somewhere you had no interest in going until she asked you to visit her sounds like a big move. Not many people book a flight and cross the globe for “just any other girl” you clearly do have expectations or you wouldn’t have booked the trip.

You asked about reasons for her to talk to you without compensation for some time if she wasn’t interested. We have seen things on these forums you wouldn’t believe. There was a woman who spoke to a guy for a year without compensation, gave him her “real Facebook” (it was a fake Facebook complete with fake family and fake friends) and asked him to go visit her. The reason for the long con is many of these girls dream about marrying up and if she thinks you have something she covets: wealth, U.S citizenship, whatever, she will marry you only to divorce you when she gets what she wanted (American passport, half your assets) in general I always advice men to steer clear of camgirls especially girls from studios and especially if said studios are located in Yurop. Be smart.

Mila is right. I forgot to ask (partly, because I'm sure I know the answer), is she working for a studio? Camsite you met her (mfc would be my guesss)?

Your instincts are probably pretty good mermaid. I travel frequently, travel side is not a big deal.

I haven’t decided. I go off and on the idea, I thought I’d more share it through here as felt it was the best place tbh. I go back and forth between ‘why the hell do I want to do this’ to ‘meh might aswell, got nothing to lose assuming I am very cautious’

Regarding that kind of long con, I really have no intention of finding my new wife, just thought it would be an interesting thing to do.

I have a few weeks yet. So lots could happen between now and then.

I know some of the girls roll their eyes at these types of posts, but I always read them with interest. To me this whole subject is fascinating, so here is a male perspective:

Sure, in a way it's like those dating reality shows where people meet in a fantasy environment and all goes well until the show wraps up and they have to start dealing with the real world and then they very quickly break up. Going from camming to meeting in person is a similar transition from fantasyland to reality. But the journey can be interesting nevertheless, even if most people here think a negative outcome is a given. In my opinion, just because the outcome isn't a "happily ever after" doesn't mean the whole thing was not worth doing.

Having said that, your post has very little information to comment on. You don't say any of the following:

- What country is she from? The reason her country is important is that in certain countries (Eastern Europe and formerly the Philippines, too, but I think camming is no longer legal there) a higher proportion of girls seem to be hunting for a rich American husband/boyfriend/sugar daddy to come to their rescue or at least someone gullible to milk for money with sad stories. With girls from most other countries, this is far less common. So if she's from one of those high-risk countries where this is a fairly common life strategy for women to look for such men, then her interest in you is a lot less likely to be genuine.

- Another important factor you didn't mention is how long have you known this girl. Based on your very vague timeline (breaking off contact for a few months, then waiting weeks to go back into her room after noticing that she unbanned you) it could be anywhere from less than half a year to many years.

- How much do you know about her? If she wants to meet you but she shares very few personal details with you about her everyday life, her family, etc. then that's a good reason to be sceptical. The same applies if she doesn't try to gather information about you at the same time. If as you said, she communicates only sporadically, then she can't be that interested in you, especially if she knows your trip is already booked - unless you keep giving her hints that you may cancel. If you seem as noncommittal about the whole thing to her as you appear to be on this forum, it's understandable if she tries not to get too excited about it only to be disappointed at the end when you decide to cancel your trip, but if with her you don't keep seesawing back and forth on the issue and she expects you to go and she still seems cool towards the whole thing, then I wouldn't go.

- Most importantly, you don't say why you want to meet her. What do you hope to get out of this?

Reactions: itsfaye
Sorry. I have been vague on purpose as I don’t really want to reveal too much at the risk of revealing who it is. I will in time when it all hits the fan, reveal all.

I have no intentions of cancelling now tbh, I have felt a bit more comfortable about it over the past 24 hours or so.

I would say I know about as much about her as she knows about me. But that’s a difficult one.

As far as what I hope to get out of it? I don’t know, I can’t say I have thought that far ahead. Assuming we do meet, and I don’t find myself in the trunk of a car being driven into the sea, I think I’d just treat it like any other date and see how I feel and go from there.

I guess I am just trying to treat it as an adventure I can laugh about later on. If I meet her and she is really sweet and nice and there is something there then great. But also, if I meet her and it’s an absolute disaster that will be a funny story to tell.

I apologise for the lack of detail, I promise I will update more closer to the time. Just sit back, relax, and watch this one escalate 🤣

Reactions: SoTxBob
What is the point of coming on here and asking for advice only to dismiss every post that says it's a bad idea? You posted on here because you had a gut feeling something was fishy and basically every single post has confirmed that. I guess maybe you wanted everyone to tell you everything was kosher but intuition is a powerful thing. You really want your own intuition and all of us to be wrong because you have feelings for her, but I promise you are or will be taken advantage of.

Gonna be blunt, this is a stupid idea. Every cam girl uses a persona or alter ego of herself to cam. Even the ones who are really genuine. It’s part of the fantasy and emotional protection and to meet in person breaks that fantasy. It’s dangerous for both the cam girl and for the person infatuated with her. I mean, what do you really expect to get out of this? Bang her? Be her new best friend? It’s going to be awkward and weird.

I don’t even think she unbanned you- I think the ban just expired after 6 months like most sites have set. She seems to have boundary issues and if she cried over a user saying goodbye she probably has other emotional issues too.

There was a series on Netflix but I forget what it was called. It followed cam girls and one met a crush. It went horrible and it was cringy to watch. Both were completely awkward and it ruined any future model/member relationship for the future.

It's been awhile, at least for me, haven't been around much, for this kind of post.

Gonna be blunt, this is a stupid idea. Every cam girl uses a persona or alter ego of herself to cam. Even the ones who are really genuine. It’s part of the fantasy and emotional protection and to meet in person breaks that fantasy. It’s dangerous for both the cam girl and for the person infatuated with her. I mean, what do you really expect to get out of this? Bang her? Be her new best friend? It’s going to be awkward and weird.

I don’t even think she unbanned you- I think the ban just expired after 6 months like most sites have set. She seems to have boundary issues and if she cried over a user saying goodbye she probably has other emotional issues too.

There was a series on Netflix but I forget what it was called. It followed cam girls and one met a crush. It went horrible and it was cringy to watch. Both were completely awkward and it ruined any future model/member relationship for the future.
You’re thinking of the series Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On! It’s on Netflix, for those who are interested. There were only about six episodes so it shouldn’t be too hard to find.

Reactions: Danigirl
I’m not dismissing every post. I have just decided I would probably have more regrets if I didn’t go rather than if I did. But I’ll see. What this post is helping me with is consider possible scenarios and how I’d protect myself against it etc.

If we do meet, I agree that I will probably come to the conclusion that the fantasy was better than the reality. There are a lot of variables in play. I think to say I am infatuated with her is overcooking it, she seems cool and sweet. But no idea how that will present itself in reality, so I’m opting to find out.

I’ve said all I can for now I think. I’ll update again nearer the time or if it crashes and burns before then.

You’re trying to play it off all casual cool guy now, but you opened this by explaining that you couldn’t get her out of your head and it was intensified by c2c.
If you can’t stop thinking about someone, you are infatuated.

Yes, that was a while ago now tbh (the c2c etc). Sorry, I am possibly slightly guilty of using humour as a defence mechanism.

It’s true that I can’t get her out of my head. But the logical side of my brain tells me ‘this is ridiculous you haven’t even met her’ and I find it to be honest, laughable.

So I am going to see what happens, there is a way to go yet before it is meant to happen. So it could all be called off before anything does. For me personally, I am not going to call it off (despite the appreciated advice) unless I get some kind of money request about a week before I go, or something else. As if I don’t go I will always wonder.

However if she calls it off, or something weird happens, that gives me closure. And I can’t get that unless I attempt to go all the way on this one, if that makes sense?

I have an experience to share, although not about a cam girl. I’ve been in a long distance relationship, and it had the excitement of flying to meet each other, without meeting beforehand.
I regret nothing, we held on for almost a year, but it ended badly. We went on the airlines to visit each other, but it simply didn’t stick. My inability to be close and available for real in person, closed the lid on the opportunity (that and my personality as well I guess). So without referring to a generic post, when it comes to long distance relationships, it takes more than a sexcapade to sustain love, and think of what you’re putting your peer through as well. Feel free to roast me, I’m just gonna play Silver Wings on my guitar now :h:

Status
Not open for further replies.