AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The MFC Lounge

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always feel so dirty after visiting the lounge.

shower.gif

Crumb said:
if I find myself in the lounge.

Like you just woke up and "wow, I'm in the lounge." Kinda like waking up in a ditch or on the lawn or in a strange person's house? :-D

Reactions: JollySongbird
RogueWarrior said:
Crumb said:
if I find myself in the lounge.

Like you just woke up and "wow, I'm in the lounge." Kinda like waking up in a ditch or on the lawn or in a strange person's house? :-D
waking up on the lawn and in a strange person's house actually has happened to me. the night before I had been drinking heavily and don't remember how I got to these places but it has happened :p

sweetiebatman said:
I have only ever visited the lounge a handful of times before tonight, and never really joined or even paid attention to the conversation but I went in there for a bit tonight and I am quite genuinely shocked with what i saw

It seems populated, in the main by some of the most horrible people I have seen on the site. no manners, no respect, regularly abusing models or other members of the lounge..

What are you peeps views on it, Is it fit for purpose? can see what its purpose was but I don't think it fulfils it any more

i have yet to figure out the lounge or how it works lol

Reactions: SoTxBob
badgrlnxtdoor said:
sweetiebatman said:
I have only ever visited the lounge a handful of times before tonight, and never really joined or even paid attention to the conversation but I went in there for a bit tonight and I am quite genuinely shocked with what i saw

It seems populated, in the main by some of the most horrible people I have seen on the site. no manners, no respect, regularly abusing models or other members of the lounge..

What are you peeps views on it, Is it fit for purpose? can see what its purpose was but I don't think it fulfils it any more

its simple actually.. you grab your popcorn, pull up a comfy chair, watch and wait for guys to make asses of themselves scurrying about with all their apparent self importance...... and oh yeah... the emote banner show... :lol:

Reactions: camstory
SoTxBob said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:
sweetiebatman said:

its simple actually.. you grab your popcorn, pull up a comfy chair, watch and wait for guys to make asses of themselves scurrying about with all their apparent self importance...... and oh yeah... the emote banner show... :lol:
Lol!! At first I thought it just be like.an old school aol chat room lol but then saw there was feed from girls' rooms so I was confused how that happens. Not that I need to know I guess but I do wonder if its some thing where my room can ever be shown in lounge...Idk...I just woke up and am doubting that I'm making sense..

badgrlnxtdoor said:
Lol!! At first I thought it just be like.an old school aol chat room lol but then saw there was feed from girls' rooms so I was confused how that happens. Not that I need to know I guess but I do wonder if its some thing where my room can ever be shown in lounge...Idk...I just woke up and am doubting that I'm making sense..

there's a setting for it....i've got friends who never show wanna be seen by the lounge leeches

Reactions: badgrlnxtdoor
bob said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:

there's a setting for it....i've got friends who never show wanna be seen by the lounge leeches

any idea where this setting is? I cant find it...hmmm :think:

Reactions: Bocefish
badgrlnxtdoor said:
bob said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but the lounge can see your room and chat. There is no way you can block the lounge, or all the models would probably do it.

IMO, every model should pony up the $20 to get a premium account if for no other reason than to see how the entire site works from both sides of the cam.

:twocents-02cents:

Bocefish said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:
bob said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but the lounge can see your room and chat. There is no way you can block the lounge, or all the models would probably do it.

IMO, every model should pony up the $20 to get a premium account if for no other reason than to see how the entire site works from both sides of the cam.

completely agreed. I call it my "perv account" haha I need to spend more time in lounge to learn i suppose. But i do love tipping you girls for helping me out with all my ridiculous questions :)

Models can't block their feed from being shown in the lounge.

Also, for those previously wondering about the way an out-of-room tip looks to us models, here's what we see (via another thread/post)

WtLPl.png

I don't think it's actually supposed to show up anonymously to us (the room members still see the name, but the model software/browser sees it as anonymous).

AmberCutie said:
What if the member in the lounge is from a country or US state that the model has blocked? Can he still see her in the lounge?

Reactions: 1 person
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
What if the member in the lounge is from a country or US state that the model has blocked? Can he still see her in the lounge?
Blocked regions will see a model's name in the chat if someone links her, but will not be able to open her cam.

AmberCutie said:
LilyMarie said:
AmberCutie said:
Blocked regions will see a model's name in the chat if someone links her, but will not be able to open her cam.

Yeah, the link will not work.

BetsyBooty said:
I think of it like...the lounge conveniently ghettoizes the misogyny. Like, here ya go fellas-who-can't-talk-to-a-woman! We fixed up this special corner just for you to fester among your kind.

I had to thank you for that. It never occurred to me that those pits may be making MFC a better place.

BetsyBooty said:
I think of it like...the lounge conveniently ghettoizes the misogyny. Like, here ya go fellas-who-can't-talk-to-a-woman! We fixed up this special corner just for you to fester among your kind.
As a description, I think your "ghettoizes the misogyny" is the most insightful phrase I've heard in years. :) Thank you!

Bocefish said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:
bob said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:

The lounge cannot see the chat going on in the models room they are watching, only the video feed.

Swirl said:
Bocefish said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:
bob said:
badgrlnxtdoor said:

The lounge cannot see the chat going on in the models room they are watching, only the video feed.

That doesnt stop the morons in the Lounge from trying to chat with the model they see on cam. :?

Old thread, but I was browsing the web to see what models thought of The Lounge and came across this thread.

I gotta say, I was probably as appalled by some of the models posts on this site as models seem to be about members posts in The Lounge.

There's really no difference. You have members venting and talking mad ish in the lounge and models doing the same here. The hypocrisy makes me lol.

I sometimes would go to the lounge. If no model I want to talk to on, i have more fun there. My attention span is burnt so I have hard time sitting in models room if they not talking to me or talking to me and 20 or 30 other guys in pms. Makes me feel like I'm wasting time. Also, i do many things while on my pc, so mfc just one window open. Some models ban you if you come to their room and just not talk or do anything. I can watch in lounge without threat of being banned because i am reading an article, watching a video (youtuber), checking facebook, or talking on phone. Banning is kind of stupid anyway, I can just reset router and go back to room as guest if I really wanted to see show.

The lounge is quick, cheap entertainment. One of my favorite things to do is plant seeds and watch the conversation grow. See how different people react to a particular seed.

yeawhatever said:
Banning is kind of stupid anyway.

I think the ban feature is awesome, and wish we had one for in real life too! :)

A guy who claims to have been banned from hundreds of rooms, yet "did nothing wrong" makes me laugh. I mean, he must really suck at talking to cam models, or he's just some loser trying to see how many times he can get banned in one day.

yummybrownfox said:
yeawhatever said:

I think the ban feature is awesome, and wish we had one for in real life too! :)

A guy who claims to have been banned from hundreds of rooms, yet "did nothing wrong" makes me laugh. I mean, he must really suck at talking to cam models, or he's just some loser trying to see how many times he can get banned in one day.

One of the features I wish MFC would instigate is an account deletion rule. It's very simple to set up. Simply have the software monitor how many models have a person banned from their room. When the number gets to a certain threshold, account deleted, so sorry ya gotta go buh bye don't let the door hit your ass on the way out you douchebag.

Basically if 60 or 100, some reasonable number, of models ALL agree that person is an asshat, get rid of him. Trial by banning. Seems fair and equitable. And I'm fairly sure it would put a crimp in the Lounge Lizards hobby of seeing how many models they can make cry just to rack up bans.

JerryBoBerry said:
yummybrownfox said:
yeawhatever said:

One of the features I wish MFC would instigate is an account deletion rule. It's very simple to set up. Simply have the software monitor how many models have a person banned from their room. When the number gets to a certain threshold, account deleted, so sorry ya gotta go buh bye don't let the door hit your ass on the way out you douchebag.

Basically if 60 or 100, some reasonable number, of models ALL agree that person is an asshat, get rid of him. Trial by banning. Seems fair and equitable. And I'm fairly sure it would put a crimp in the Lounge Lizards hobby of seeing how many models they can make cry just to rack up bans.
I'm pretty sure they're already doing something similar, they're just not open about it. :think:
In December 2011, a guy's account was deleted when I complained about him after he had harrassed and insulted me for a week on tumblr and in MFC mails. The support didn't even say anything about a warning, they just replied to my first and only complaint by saying 'We have removed his account, thanks!' or something like that. I'm sure they wouldn't just kick him out without a warning. Other models must have complained about him, too, or he was just banned from a lot of rooms...

Reactions: MemberEd
ComicOzzie said:
yeawhatever said:
Banning is kind of stupid anyway, I can just reset router and go back to room as guest if I really wanted to see show.

She isn't banning you so that you cannot see her show. She is banning you so that the room doesn't have to read your crappy posts.

I have never been banned from a room for talking. I have been banned for basically being an absentee prem. As, i am not there, I have a different window open on my computer and not currently watching model. Reasons for being banned are always the same, when i go back to room as guest, model is banning prems who don't tip or don't talk. Rest assure, now she will never get a tip from me and I will only watch her as guest or in lounge for free. I do tip too much to models I like though. I can access lounge 10000. Not proud of that.

yeawhatever said:
Now she will never get a tip from me and I will only watch her as guest or in lounge for free.

I'm not sure why you didn't just do this in the first place (watch in guest mode if you didn't plan on talking or tipping). Seems like it'd be the smartest thing...that way, you can perv as long as you'd like without actually getting on the model's nerves with your lurky silence.

Yeah try guesting for that kind of thing (I love to have mfc as background while i do stuff .. but i always guest when I do it.)

As far as 'banning is stupid' not all models use banning for this. I use banning to protect myself from really horrible trolls. If I can't control my room when someone is in there spamming lies, insults, or links to other sites.. i mean really?

Status
Not open for further replies.