AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The MFC Lounge

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miss_Lollipop said:
Yeah try guesting for that kind of thing (I love to have mfc as background while i do stuff .. but i always guest when I do it.)

As far as 'banning is stupid' not all models use banning for this. I use banning to protect myself from really horrible trolls. If I can't control my room when someone is in there spamming lies, insults, or links to other sites.. i mean really?

I understand the horrible troll thing, but there is a better feature than ban for them. Its called ignore, its forever not 60 days. They will still be able to come into room, but... can't bother u in room chat (it doesn't show up), pm, and u can't see their tips. They can still take u private though, just can't communicate. I understand when I should guest, but like I said in the my original post in this thread, my attention span is burnt. If I go into a models room, its with good intentions;however, life happens.

Things I have been banned for:

1) No. 2
2) Taking my Dad to the ER
3) Talking on phone and forget I was on pc.
4) Switch to video game, have a good streak in game but forget to logout mfc.
5) Watching a breaking news story on cable news.
6) start reading a book.
7) Spontaneous googling.
8) Spontaneous youtubing.
9) Fallen asleep.

Probably more. 2 of those same model.

You wonder how i get banned so many times? Well when I log on mfc, i normally watch 8 models at a time in pop ups. And I narrow down which ones I think might get a show going and tip them. So if I bail from my mfc, i get 8 chances for ban.

ontherun said:
There's really no difference. You have members venting and talking mad ish in the lounge and models doing the same here. The hypocrisy makes me lol.

You must be visiting the wrong lounge :think:

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
For this forum to be as bad as the Lounge, at least three of the following five would have to be everyday occurences...

1. Models ridiculing member's appearances and publicly debating whether or not they'd fuck them.

2. Models sharing the names of all the high tippers and immediately running to said tippers expecting a hand-out.

3. Models spouting non-stop misandry.

4. Models arranging to descend en masse on a member's facebook or twitter to hurl abuse at them because they didn't tip when asked to.

5. Models abandoning grammar and showing a frightening disregard for spelling and punctuation.

yeawhatever said:
I understand the horrible troll thing, but there is a better feature than ban for them. Its called ignore, its forever not 60 days. They will still be able to come into room, but... can't bother u in room chat (it doesn't show up), pm, and u can't see their tips. They can still take u private though, just can't communicate. I understand when I should guest, but like I said in the my original post in this thread, my attention span is burnt. If I go into a models room, its with good intentions;however, life happens.

But doesn't ignore just remove them from the model's view?
I mean, if a member comes in and is spreading hate and lies, just hiding them from the model's view isn't enough. They need to be kicked the hell out, so that no one has to deal with their shit
Some people need both, along with a good, swift kick in the ass.

emptiedglass said:
I mean, if a member comes in and is spreading hate and lies, just hiding them from the model's view isn't enough. They need to be kicked the hell out, so that no one has to deal with their shit

EXACTLY.

I want my night on cam to go on with as little trouble as possible. The whole "putting a douche on ignore" thing just ain't gonna cut it with me. If a grown-ass man (or woman) needs constant reminders about how to behave in a chat room, he or she just needs to GTFO. This ain't Kiddie Academy daycare...lol.

hand-painted-signs-kiddie-academy.jpg

yummybrownfox said:
emptiedglass said:

EXACTLY.

I want my night on cam to go on with as little trouble as possible. The whole "putting a douche on ignore" thing just ain't gonna cut it with me. If a grown-ass man (or woman) needs constant reminders about how to behave in a chat room, he or she just needs to GTFO. This ain't Kiddie Academy daycare...lol.

hand-painted-signs-kiddie-academy.jpg
Using the broadcaster, if you put a person on ignore, it removes their chat from everyone. An ignored member can type in the room all they want, but it disappears into thin air as soon as they hit enter. No one sees it in that models room anymore.

I find the most effective thing is to 6 hour ban someone to immediately put them in their place, and put them on ignore so if they come back, they can't talk. That way you don't have to deal with reupping your 60-day ban list.

mynameisbob84 said:
For this forum to be as bad as the Lounge, at least three of the following five would have to be everyday occurences...

1. Models ridiculing member's appearances and publicly debating whether or not they'd fuck them.

2. Models sharing the names of all the high tippers and immediately running to said tippers expecting a hand-out.

4. Models arranging to descend en masse on a member's facebook or twitter to hurl abuse at them because they didn't tip when asked to.

5. Models abandoning grammar and showing a frightening disregard for spelling and punctuation.

This site is a forum and The Lounge is a chatroom with live video feed, it's unfair to compare the two the way you are. Especially the grammar part. You expect perfect grammar in a chatroom?

I've seen hateful comments from models on this site. There are entire threads dedicated to some members. And who knows what kinds of things are posted in the models only section. ppl need to think outside themselves. Really? Post mad sht about members and then go on about how bad the lounge is. Pot calling the kettle black.

I didn't say that AC or The Lounge are bad at all. I think they're both fine. I spent many months tipping models with no one to talk to about it. Literally - no one. I don't exactly discuss MFC with my friends and family. So, I found The Lounge and it's pretty awesome. Lots of like minded ppl with the same experiences.

Some dudes are jerks, most aren't. Most members don't mean half the things they type.

ontherun said:
mynameisbob84 said:

This site is a forum and The Lounge is a chatroom with live video feed, it's unfair to compare the two the way you are. Especially the grammar part. You expect perfect grammar in a chatroom?

I've seen hateful comments from models on this site. There are entire threads dedicated to some members. And who knows what kinds of things are posted in the models only section. ppl need to think outside themselves. Really? Post mad sht about members and then go on about how bad the lounge is. Pot calling the kettle black.

I didn't say that AC or The Lounge are bad at all. I think they're both fine. I spent many months tipping models with no one to talk to about it. Literally - no one. I don't exactly discuss MFC with my friends and family. So, I found The Lounge and it's pretty awesome. Lots of like minded ppl with the same experiences.

Some dudes are jerks, most aren't. Most members don't mean half the things they type.

I'm being largely facetious with the grammar comment.

But I just can't see where you're coming from with this statement...

There's really no difference. You have members venting and talking mad ish in the lounge and models doing the same here. The hypocrisy makes me lol

... I mean, I can. But I don't think it's as black and white as that. The shit that members chat about models in Lounge (not always, but often enough for it to be depressingly common) comes from a dark, ugly place. Rampant misogyny isn't awesome, ya know?

Common themes of discussion in Lounge include ripping non-nude models apart because they're "scamming" people out of money (members ultimately tip for entertainment; entertainment doesn't have to come in the form of a glistening naked body); targeting individual models and picking apart their personal appearance in the cruelest and most debasing terms imaginable; arranging "room invasions" of models that members feel slighted by; planning further verbal attacks on social media/personal sites of said models, and doing it all with laughable righteous indignation.

On this forum, it's common for models to (rightly or wrongly) react angrily to members who have said something to offend them and there are threads in which models post moronic and baffling things said to them by members whilst on cam.

I don't feel like I need to point out the differences between these two phenomena :twocents-02cents:

ontherun said:
There are entire threads dedicated to some members.
Dude, there have been threads on here dedicated to specific models BY NAME. Threads like those make me a bit uncomfortable, to tell you the truth, and make me hope the model being discussed doesn't wind up getting badmouthed for 5 pages straight. Also, we've had an 'Annoying things that models do' thread, a 'things models say that make you go wtf' thread, and a 'things models say that make you go lol' thread. So...yeah, if it's make you feel a little better, it's not just conversation about members on here.

ontherun said:
And who knows what kinds of things are posted in the models only section.
Actually, the models are pretty civil towards one another in the Models Only section. :thumbleft:

ontherun said:
Most members don't mean half the things they type.
True. But rather than be a jerk and get yourself banned for the 20th time today, wouldn't it make more sense to just behave like an adult and not act like an ass in a model's public chat?

Lounge is stupid, one guy just sent me an mfc mail telling me to get a life cause I was talking about the [[(mfc camscore/1000)*370*hours on]*.05]/6 to find out how much the independent models were making on average every month.

But talking politics is ok?

vlad.mazare said:
Lounge is stupid, one guy just sent me an mfc mail telling me to get a life cause I was talking about the [[(mfc camscore/1000)*370*hours on]*.05]/6 to find out how much the independent models were making on average every month.

LOL. You weren't spending 10 minutes trying to figure out how much Aspen Rae makes or anything like that, right? :) I've always thought that equation was really supposed to be for the models to do their calculations. Not for members to pry into a model's personal biz.

yummybrownfox said:
vlad.mazare said:

LOL. You weren't spending 10 minutes trying to figure out how much Aspen Rae makes or anything like that, right? :) I've always thought that equation was really supposed to be for the models to do their calculations. Not for members to pry into a model's personal biz.

But its also can be used to figure out how much the website is earning my doing that for all the models and using .03 instead of .05 and adding all the totals together. If someone wanted to do an article on the website.

vlad.mazare said:

But talking politics is ok?
UGGGHHHHHH why would anyone with manners even talk about that -__-

Why do you think the guys in the lounge, or the guys on this forum, want to be able to calculate what models are making? Have you ever thought of the FACT that a person's income is really nobody's business but their own and if you know how much they make, you keep that to yourself out of respect? Your mom should have taught you that when you were little.

Besides, your equation is kinda wrong. :lol: Think again.
Or, you know, don't think again and just do useful things with your life instead.

yummybrownfox said:

I don't know why people are so nosy about how much models make. I mean, is it a model's business what a member's annual salary is? No.
However, there's a part of me that still finds it weird getting a flash, all the while knowing that the model's cut is less than what it would cost to buy a coffee. When I buy a coffee for some of my more attractive female friends, all I get is a smile and a thank you. Or maybe a hug if I'm lucky. :lol:

yummybrownfox said:
ontherun said:
There are entire threads dedicated to some members.
Dude, there have been threads on here dedicated to specific models BY NAME. Threads like those make me a bit uncomfortable, to tell you the truth, and make me hope the model being discussed doesn't wind up getting badmouthed for 5 pages straight. Also, we've had an 'Annoying things that models do' thread, a 'things models say that make you go wtf' thread, and a 'things models say that make you go lol' thread. So...yeah, if it's make you feel a little better, it's not just conversation about members on here.

ontherun said:
And who knows what kinds of things are posted in the models only section.
Actually, the models are pretty civil towards one another in the Models Only section. :thumbleft:

I'm willing to bet there's a thread all about that bastard emptiedglass. :lol:

yummybrownfox said:
yeawhatever said:
Banning is kind of stupid anyway.

I think the ban feature is awesome, and wish we had one for in real life too! :)

A guy who claims to have been banned from hundreds of rooms, yet "did nothing wrong" makes me laugh. I mean, he must really suck at talking to cam models, or he's just some loser trying to see how many times he can get banned in one day.

Believe it or not, some models will ban a member out of their room for devious reasons. I have been banned by atleast 8 models for the following reasons:

1). Entering her room and speaking to her, but she doesn't even acknowledge my presence and later bans me a few minutes later

2). Not having any tokens to tip or take her PVT after having a decent conversation with her for a good bit of time

3). She didn't like my race/ethnicity/nationality

I had one particular model ban me permanently from her room just because I didn't visited her room when I was online, I didn't even know she can tell when I'm online in the first place, but it made her mad that I didn't visit her to say "Hi".

I also had another model ban me for no reason after telling me something quite vulgar in the PM. I left a comment on her profile regarding that. Next time I logged in, she had left a comment on my profile (which I deleted) and left me several PMs apologizing for banning me and complimented me on my appearance (she even said that I'm one of the sexiest guys she has ever seen in her entire life).

Models have their "picks and chooses" and can pretty much ban anyone for any reason or for no reason at all.

Reactions: LadyLuna
OK it has been established that BANS happen for dumb reasons. That models ban members for stupid things...

but is anyone really contesting that this is OUR RIGHT to do so? I mean really, if we ban members for silly trivial things, we are only hurting ourselves. Don't we have that right? It might be dumb as fuck.. but .. removing bans??

If i use ignore instead of a ban, that person can still see me. Sometimes, I do not want that for that person.

There have been cases where I have had members watching my shows to try to figure out WHERE i am in order to do something nasty, scary or creepy to me. When they have made these intentions clear, I NO LONGER WISH for them to see my cam. To protect myself.

Edited to add: Banning for reasons like race.... and race alone should be against the rules, if it could be proved. while we all have personal preferences as to appearance, that is pretty fucked up.

Exception to this rule is my long standing AUSSIE TAX: if you enter my room and you are australian you owe me a token. Cos we (kiwis) kick your ass at almost every sport and thats just how it goes.. :p

ThongChaser said:
I had one particular model ban me permanently from her room just because I didn't visited her room when I was online, I didn't even know she can tell when I'm online in the first place, but it made her mad that I didn't visit her to say "Hi". .

JUST fyi, if a model adds you to her friendslist, she can tell when you are online.

The only time I go into the lounge is to either "spy" on a model to see what she is like or to masturbate to a model who banned me from her room for stroking my dick while she was shaking her ass in the camera at a perfect angle the whole time I was there.

The lounge is full of trolls, they rarely talk about anything I might be interested in so I barely pay attention to what they are speaking about since I will most likely have a model's camera feed on full screen. But when they are talking about something somewhat interesting I still don't engage in the conversation cause I really don't like the "vibe" of the Lounge, I just sit there and read the comments and chill.

Miss_Lollipop said:
ThongChaser said:
I had one particular model ban me permanently from her room just because I didn't visited her room when I was online, I didn't even know she can tell when I'm online in the first place, but it made her mad that I didn't visit her to say "Hi". .

JUST fyi, if a model adds you to her friendslist, she can tell when you are online.

Thank you Miss_Lollipop, I didn't know that.

Interesting thread from a "noob's" point of view. And some incorrect info. The main problem is that you can not just visit the lounge once or twice. Just the speed of the chat will drive you nuts. You have to hang out there enough to at least iggy the known trolls and pimps. That equals about 18% iggied at any given time from my experience. (yes, I have counted) Once that is done the chat slows down quite a bit. Now you are left with everything from some very cool older guys to some nut jobs and 21 year old kids. From there you take what you want and chat about what you want.
:thumbleft:

And even more importantly all of you models should be kissing my ass for keeping so many of these morons entertained and out of your rooms!!! Would you really rather have them in your room or in the lounge.
;)

Brad said:
Interesting thread from a "noob's" point of view. And some incorrect info. The main problem is that you can not just visit the lounge once or twice. Just the speed of the chat will drive you nuts. You have to hang out there enough to at least iggy the known trolls and pimps. That equals about 18% iggied at any given time from my experience. (yes, I have counted) Once that is done the chat slows down quite a bit. Now you are left with everything from some very cool older guys to some nut jobs and 21 year old kids. From there you take what you want and chat about what you want.
:thumbleft:
Too true! To a person who is just experiencing the Lounge for the first time, it can seem really overwhelming, spammy, and shit-talky. But I have spent a lot of time in lounges (not so much as of late, just due to trying to make better use of my time) and know what you say is true. There's some fun people in there, and once you iggy the main offenders, and get to know the main chatters, it can be fun. And yes, there are some very judgmental comments made in there, but it's only human nature to get those out of your system if you feel you're in like-minded company.

Ladies in the models only section, you can't argue that. At all.

I make sure to maintain a "no blacklist" policy in the models only section because if there is to be some sort of list of "people who suck" I would rather it be in the public section so people can join in and defend themselves/their honor. Sure, there's a few names mentioned for really super-bad offenses, but in general, it really is just girl talk and boring shit that you guys really don't want to hear about in there. I swear.

I actually miss the Lounge a little bit and want to spend a few hours in there next month catching up on all the latest. It is a fun way to see who has interesting shit going on, and see who is doing outlandish things, an d even to find a new hot model that I wouldn't have otherwise come across.

We all like to hate on the lounge for how quick and easy it is to freeload from there and talk shit in there (though if you ban a person, they cannot watch you from there unless their 6 hour or 60 day ban has expired) but it does provide a good service. It keeps the people who really DO just wanna sit and jerk off to you out of your room, and it provides a lot of gossip and chat which, in the end regardless of if you think it's terrible or not, creates a buzz for the girls mentioned and brings more viewers to your room.

The lounges are a necessary evil, and can be pretty entertaining.

I just felt I had to say that I agree with Amber. They aren't all bad.

In fact, one of my best regulars (and most respectful regulars mind you) actually found me as a result of someone posting about me in the lounge. Good things can come out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.