AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The MFC Lounge

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
The lounges are a necessary evil, and can be pretty entertaining.

I'd agree with this.

I quickly came to the conclusion that the Lounge is actually a vital part of MFC. It kind of acts as a gutter, where all the shit can collect in one isolated place and fester at a safe distance from everyone else. Every once in a while, you get a splatter effect, and some of the shits find their way into a room and stink the place out; but generally, they're content to just kinda float in this one place and coagulate into one, giant, living, breathing, misogynist turd. :)

I posted that a while back in another thread and it pretty much sums up my feelings about Lounge :-D (and I'm sure there are some decent folk posting there in addition to the less-than-awesome folk, but I've never had the patience to stay in there long enough to discover too many of them).

I wanted to add a few suggestions if any models actually do want to check out the lounge.

First do not go in there as a female or with pink font unless you want to be challenged to prove you are female on cam. Best to just create or use a male profile.

Second you need to understand that there is a lot of "boy's club" mentality in there. Technically models are banned from entrance to the lounge and I think that may lead some there to feel more freedom when spewing mean crap. Those are some of the ones I just ignore. It is also a place trolls can go and not get banned as easily as they would a models room. I learned long ago that the best way to piss off a troll is to just ignore them.

I also did not answer why I like the lounge. I found it when I first signed up. I signed up as a prem so I never was a basic. The lounge allowed me to get a feel for how the site works, set up a profile with real (GASP) pictures of myself, learn some basic model room etiquette, discover models I may like, etc. Along the way I also enjoy chatting there with some of the regs.
:-D

Reactions: LadyLuna
Here is my rehash, summary for lounge and the tangent ban/ignore.

Lounge does have its shadowy figures who enlighten us with their dreary opinions. There is hate for models, and each other as well as "white knight" premiums there. Its funny to see grown men (and sometimes women) behave in high schoolesque clicky behavior. I'm by no means a regular in the lounge, not even a regular on mfc, I do however go through periods of high activity. I discovered long ago to not even mention my favorite models cause I didn't want to hear the negative opinions from the lounge.

When in the lounge, i put the spammers on ignore. I post models who i find interesting in one way or the other. Sometimes because they look good, camera angle, good show, or sometimes for negative reasons too like wtf is she doing? Trainwrecks, or sleepers. I also engage in some of the conversation. Most of it, is rarely about models but more about current events. I enjoy hearing peoples opinions whether I agree with them or not.

The banning/ignore debate. I personally found that ignore works better. Banning doesn't stop me from seeing you. I can just reset my router ( takes a few seconds with dynamic ip like most of USA) log out and/or open a second browser and watch as guest or from one of my other 3 mfc accounts in your room or from lounge with you being none the wiser. I do feel for the models who experience trolls and hate though. Models are trying to pay bills, put food on table and make the tippers happy. There is no need to disrupt their service. I think maybe it should be possible for mfc to ban repeat offenders. Most guys get attached to their names/accounts. Could it be possible to suspend accounts of those who have a certain number of bans in a day, week, month for a day, week, or month before an all out closed account? Tricky however, because closing accounts could result in lost revenue and fewer tips in long run.

One last bit of info. I use the lounge to watch some models that don't like me, but I like them :shhh: Its not that they really don't like me, but its they read my profile on mfc. I purposely redone my profile to come across as an asshole. I found when I had a more "dating site-like" nice guy profile I was bombarded with many scams from model pms like I was some silly sap that was gonna believe every model's sob story. Everything from diaper money, to mom or dads hospital bills. "just send what u can? I know u will do this for me. U such a nice guy." Even though I know its a scam, I felt guilty not sending anything. I would rather they see me as an asshole from the start than have to feel guilty every time I log on mfc. Some models seen through the profile though and got a good laugh out of it... those were the ones I was/am closest too. Probably shouldn't give my secret out on a models forum but I'm not on mfc much anymore so yea whatever.

yeawhatever said:
Its not that they really don't like me, but its they read my profile on mfc. I purposely redone my profile to come across as an asshole. I found when I had a more "dating site-like" nice guy profile I was bombarded with many scams from model pms like I was some silly sap that was gonna believe every model's sob story. Everything from diaper money, to mom or dads hospital bills. "just send what u can? I know u will do this for me. U such a nice guy." Even though I know its a scam, I felt guilty not sending anything. I would rather they see me as an asshole from the start than have to feel guilty every time I log on mfc. Some models seen through the profile though and got a good laugh out of it... those were the ones I was/am closest too. Probably shouldn't give my secret out on a models forum but I'm not on mfc much anymore so yea whatever.

Why not just not have a profile, hide your tokens and reward points and if necessary tip as a ninja tipper so other girls that are guest perving dont see your name associated with high tips.

Reactions: emptiedglass
ThongChaser said:
Believe it or not, some models will ban a member out of their room for devious reasons.

I believe it. Doesn't change what I said before though. Something is really wrong when you find yourself being banned from 20 of the 30 rooms you've visited today. Either you're doing something foolish that's getting on models' nerves, or you keep visiting sucky rooms where you'll get banned just for breathing wrong...lol.

yeawhatever said:
One last bit of info. I use the lounge to watch some models that don't like me, but I like them :shhh: Its not that they really don't like me, but its they read my profile on mfc. I purposely redone my profile to come across as an asshole. I found when I had a more "dating site-like" nice guy profile I was bombarded with many scams from model pms like I was some silly sap that was gonna believe every model's sob story. Everything from diaper money, to mom or dads hospital bills. "just send what u can? I know u will do this for me. U such a nice guy." Even though I know its a scam, I felt guilty not sending anything. I would rather they see me as an asshole from the start than have to feel guilty every time I log on mfc. Some models seen through the profile though and got a good laugh out of it... those were the ones I was/am closest too. Probably shouldn't give my secret out on a models forum but I'm not on mfc much anymore so yea whatever.

I don't fully understand this. Do you have models you don't know asking you for money through a pm or MFC mail? Or is it models with whom you have had contact with at some time or another? I have never had anyone ask me for money or tokens but I have not been a member for that long either. I know that if it was someone I didn't know at all I would just ignore it and block them. I'm not sure why you would feel guilty. Maybe I am missing something?
:scratch:

I do something similar to what Lolli said. I have a basic profile with a couple pictures and I have my tokens and RPs hidden. When I tip I do it while I am in the models room or at least via pop up from the lounge. It is usually after I have been chatting with them for a bit and I also put in a short, private message just for her to read. Usually something funny since I know them well enough to know their sense of humor. I love to see a girl smile or better yet laugh.

Brad said:
I do something similar to what Lolli said. I have a basic profile with a couple pictures and I have my tokens and RPs hidden. When I tip I do it while I am in the models room or at least via pop up from the lounge. It is usually after I have been chatting with them for a bit and I also put in a short, private message just for her to read. Usually something funny since I know them well enough to know their sense of humor. I love to see a girl smile or better yet laugh.

I'm not one for putting personal information on the internet so my profile is full of absolute made up nonsense. Very entertaining nonsense, but nonsense all the same. :? I figure if someone really wants to get to know me that's what actually chatting is for.

yummybrownfox said:
ThongChaser said:
Believe it or not, some models will ban a member out of their room for devious reasons.

I believe it. Doesn't change what I said before though. Something is really wrong when you find yourself being banned from 20 of the 30 rooms you've visited today. Either you're doing something foolish that's getting on models' nerves, or you keep visiting sucky rooms where you'll get banned just for breathing wrong...lol.

I agree with you. If someone has been banned in that many rooms they are either asking for it or have incredible bad luck. Or maybe if one very frequently jumped from room to room I guess you could get that many silly bans just on volume. But again here is where the lounge is an advantage. I use it to check out models in advance and the ones who would ban for silly or petty reasons do not have the type of personality that would attract me anyway. And I have heard of others that have been banned for something as silly as saying hi but it isn't a super common occurrence thankfully.

Most that I have seen come to the lounge after getting banned had it coming and that is just based on their side of the story. I don't blame models who ban in most of the instances I have seen. No different then in my shop. I can refuse service to anyone I want and I have done so. That's just part of doing business. You won't please them all so don't waste times with the ones you never will. I have seen some of the shit these girls have to put up with. They can ban the jerks but not without having to read the crap they post first. Some of it is just disgusting. I won't go into details but as a man that has always enjoyed curvy girls I grow tired of reading the garbage I see posted by narrow minded, self centered, asshats. I can only imagine how the girls feel.

JerryBoBerry said:
Brad said:

I'm not one for putting personal information on the internet so my profile is full of absolute made up nonsense. Very entertaining nonsense, but nonsense all the same. :? I figure if someone really wants to get to know me that's what actually chatting is for.

I understand that everyone has different needs when it comes to privacy. If someone tried to find me it really wouldn't be that difficult so I have never been that concerned. I am nobody special and am pretty poor so no one would have any motivation to even stalk my boring ass.
:lol:

Of course I fully understand why the models have to keep their info hidden. That is totally different from a 48 year old male viewer. Besides I have an attack kitty. Her picture is my avatar. Her name is Hannah and she will rip you to shreds along with the other 4 cats we have. Plus we have a big assed (100+ pounds) black Lab named Zoe. She would lick you to death in minutes! It would not be good for any intruders.
;)

Basically the lounges are a haven for boneheads. The regulars there are misogynist, homophobic and worse of all boringly tedious lame brains. Er, not all of 'em are I'm just generalising. (sometimes I visit to feel better about myself, it's easy).

Username? said:
Basically the lounges are a haven for boneheads. The regulars there are misogynist, homophobic and worse of all boringly tedious lame brains. Er, not all of 'em are I'm just generalising. (sometimes I visit to feel better about myself, it's easy).

Well, the last part of your statement certainly helps support the first part.
;)

Reactions: Username?
Brad said:
yeawhatever said:

I don't fully understand this. Do you have models you don't know asking you for money through a pm or MFC mail? Or is it models with whom you have had contact with at some time or another? I have never had anyone ask me for money or tokens but I have not been a member for that long either. I know that if it was someone I didn't know at all I would just ignore it and block them. I'm not sure why you would feel guilty. Maybe I am missing something?
:scratch:

I haven't had a recent problem with being asked but I'm not on mfc much anymore. I found/joined mfc first week of april 2010. Someone linked Goldenlady 's room (now crazysysy) on a sports board I frequented. After I became a member, I did not know of the lounge for about the first month. So, I talked with every model who's room I came upon. I found I like to spend time in rooms with less people because it meant I could talk more exclusively with the model. I spent lots of time on the back couple of pages of mfc. I was in awe about how people would pay for this service and how people did this for a living. So basically I was just learning why people were doing what they were doing. So maybe I invited the sob stories, I don't know? Never had models from the first couple of pages ask for stuff. I thought I was becoming friends with many of these women. They requested info to contact me outside of mfc. I created a ym account. First few times with most of these models, we just chilled talked and laughed. Around the 3rd time, or maybe I would get an offline message, suddenly, they desperately needed money. It almost seemed scripted to me because I could predict the time of emergency. Never any US models, but models from poor countries.

By June, a couple months into my mfc experience, i got tired of it and quit talking to most of the low camscore girls outside of the US. For good measure, I crafted an a-hole profile to avoid being viewed as a sap again. It works for the most part.

As for not having an open profile. As I mentioned, I have 4 mfc accounts, only yeawhatever has a profile and shows tokens/reward points. I kept it open for one model in particular. I would put music in my comments for her to listen to occassionaly. Also, I was allowing her to stalk my token usage as she was really concerned about my token usage on models other than her :lol:

Thank you for the explanation. I better understand what happened now.
:thumbleft:

I guess I am lucky to have found the lounge first because I have learned a ton from just watching and reading in there. People can say what they want about the members in there but you can learn a lot there about how MFC works. Especially about the scams since most guys seem to come there to bitch after getting scammed. There was one earlier today complaining about losing 30 tokens to a new girl. He didn't fare to well on that one as a few guys pointed out how little of an amount of $$$ that is. Plus many don't seem to understand the definition of a tip.
;)

Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
Thanks to Amber for straighening out my posting snafu. I'd been wondering what models thought about the MFC lounges and was going to start a thread but found this one in a search. Learned everything I wanted to and more. Great thread.

Ah, The Lounge. The hot spot for banned members to let off some steam ("Ugle azz fukin hoe baned me cuz I said dat gap inn her teeth turn me on and make me blow my load all day errday..."). LOL.

*I'm just kidding...sort of. *

There's some cool people in The Lounge too. :) I've gotten some tips from members who were watching from The Lounge.

yummybrownfox said:
Ah, The Lounge. The hot spot for banned members to let off some steam ("Ugle azz fukin hoe baned me cuz I said dat gap inn her teeth turn me on and make me blow my load all day errday..."). LOL.

*I'm just kidding...sort of. *

There's some cool people in The Lounge too. :) I've gotten some tips from members who were watching from The Lounge.

Sounds right to me. I will says I sometimes visit the Lounge10K,much different atmosphere
As member just posted.. " lounge is the childrens area... lounge 1k is the teenage angst area... and 10k is for the adults "

If not adults we at least higher credit limits on our credit cards ;)

Avril_babe said:
Humm, I have been a model on MFC for a few months.
What is this lounge you all are talking about?
Buy yourself a premium member account and get familiar with all the features of the site as a member as well as a model. It'll help you in the long run.

emptiedglass said:
ComicOzzie said:
emptiedglass said:
*Adds Lounge 10K to bucket list*

Its a vast wasteland where someone posts about once every 10 minutes.

Ah, but the prestige of being able to say you've been granted access to such an exclusive club... :lol:

Lounge 10K really shows how little effort MFC puts into making points worthwhile. Once you can change your font and name, there is no real benefit to them.

Reactions: LilyMarie
I have not been to lounge 10K so I can not give an opinion of it but in all fairness to MFC they are now only making 3 cents per from most of us here. (I know, I said only) I always kind of figured that was where they are taking care of us premiums. I'd rather have more of my $$$ spent go to the model then to MFC so I like the discounted packages. The rest (fonts, name changes, lounges, etc) is fine but I also place much less value on it. If they offered a 6 cent package then they could make my font hot pink for all I would care.

More for the girls+less for MFC=happy Brad face

:thumbleft: :twocents-02cents:

emptiedglass said:
ComicOzzie said:
emptiedglass said:
*Adds Lounge 10K to bucket list*

Its a vast wasteland where someone posts about once every 10 minutes.

Ah, but the prestige of being able to say you've been granted access to such an exclusive club... :lol:

Seems to me they'd be too busy spending tokens to spend much time in a lounge. But I gotta tell you, these models are so damn good I'll probably be in there with you soon.

Brad said:
I have not been to lounge 10K so I can not give an opinion of it but in all fairness to MFC they are now only making 3 cents per from most of us here. (I know, I said only) I always kind of figured that was where they are taking care of us premiums. I'd rather have more of my $$$ spent go to the model then to MFC so I like the discounted packages. The rest (fonts, name changes, lounges, etc) is fine but I also place much less value on it. If they offered a 6 cent package then they could make my font hot pink for all I would care.

More for the girls+less for MFC=happy Brad face

:thumbleft: :twocents-02cents:
+

You raise a good point and I agree that MFC does a good job making sure that models get the bulk of the money. Never the less, on a site where a small percentage of customers are responsible for a such a large percentage of the revenue, I think it would smart for MFC to pay more attention to the whales. Roughly 15% of the guys in a room are premiums. In any given room perhaps 2-5% of the viewers are tipping. A 2 year old 10k reward member,is worth 500 times a two year old 20 reward point member. Yet the MFC experience isn't much difference. I figure airlines, casinos, strip clubs, and hell even Starbucks provide some real incentives for customers to remind loyal to their particular brand and also buy/spend more. Presumably these other industries have figured out this is good business.

Let's put it that way if 5 of my favorite models moved to another site, I'd follow them without hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.