AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your frustration, Lexi, I really do. Point taken on that. But…

See, it’s always just a matter of time before all members end up lumped together in these types of threads.

Why plural? Is your issue with Misterical, or several people, or all members here?

I thought the majority of members that responded directly to misterical’s issue offered pretty much the same advice you did, no? It’s a business, and no hard feelings, and if he doesn’t enjoy himself he should leave, right? What am I missing?

Several people..
If you are offended by it..you know what they say, if the shoe fits..🙂

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

I feel like you summed it up really well there, it is two-way between the performer and the member who is spending. Feelings about another member's spending are not relevant.

It's not just performers telling you that your perspective here is skewed, you're getting it from other members too. And it's funny to me that you think you have a deep understanding of this space and what it is for to the point that after being here for six months, you can determine whether or not anyone else gets value from it.
I don't have an issue with being told my perspective is skewed. It may well be. I probably overreacted but this thread was about the impact of big spenders in a room. I described an impact from my perspective. And I don't have a deep understanding of this space at all but we have a thread here about the impact of a big spender in rooms and it seems that any member who doesn't just accept that it's a positive thing is pilloried. We can all understand why it is a positive for the model but I think it's acceptable for users who are paying for an experience to be able to comment when it impacts them negatively too. The answer can't always be "suck it up or move on".

There are exceptions to every rule. Giving attention to whales doesn't make them a bad person. It's how they treat the little guy that does that for them.
If you expect the same level of attention while tipping 1-10 tk in the amount of maybe up to 100tk in like 3 hr shift... like someone who is dropping 100, 250, 500 and 1000 token tips at once... wake up.

I don't have an issue with being told my perspective is skewed. It may well be. I probably overreacted but this thread was about the impact of big spenders in a room. I described an impact from my perspective. And I don't have a deep understanding of this space at all but we have a thread here about the impact of a big spender in rooms and it seems that any member who doesn't just accept that it's a positive thing is pilloried. We can all understand why it is a positive for the model but I think it's acceptable for users who are paying for an experience to be able to comment when it impacts them negatively too. The answer can't always be "suck it up or move on".
Unfortunately that's exactly what the answer is.
If you are paying for an experience, then go private with her and don't tip or hang out in public chat, and let her earn her tokens there from the big spender that's up your nose so much.

If you expect the same level of attention while tipping 1-10 tk in the amount of maybe up to 100tk in like 3 hr shift... like someone who is dropping 100, 250, 500 and 1000 token tips at once... wake up.
OK, so who do you prioritise in this hypothetical situation? And this is a question of general interest rather than based on the situation I refer to. But I'm interested to know.

A consistent group of members who tip mid level, consistency for months on end and would likely continue doing so for further x number of months or a guy who drops one big tip and dangles the promise of more but hasn't yet delivered?

Because if the expectation is that the existing members suck it up or move on then most of them will probably just move on. Is a whale worth that? I'm genuinely interested.

And of course nobody expects an equal level of attention if you're not tipping as much as someone else is in a shift, but over a year? two years? Does that member still get kicked to the kerb as soon as the next big shiny turns up?

A consistent group of members who tip mid level, consistency for months on end and would likely continue doing so for further x number of months or a guy who drops one big tip and dangles the promise of more but hasn't yet delivered?
As far as anyone knows, he's just as likely to drop the next big tip right this second as you are to stay for x additional months and maybeee spend an equivalent amount. And that's with months of additional work for it.

And again, it is very strange that you continue to talk about this other member's spending with such certainty when there is no way for you to know how much she has earned from him.

And of course nobody expects an equal level of attention if you're not tipping as much as someone else is in a shift, but over a year? two years? Does that member still get kicked to the kerb as soon as the next big shiny turns up?
You sound so jealous and possessive. And yes. People who spend more money usually get more attention.

I dont get why this is so hard to accept. Lol

OK, so who do you prioritise in this hypothetical situation? And this is a question of general interest rather than based on the situation I refer to. But I'm interested to know.

Because if the expectation is that the existing members suck it up or move on then most of them will probably just move on. Is a whale worth that? I'm genuinely interested.

Whoever tips me most in that session whether that's a brand new whale or one of my regulars.

New perspective!

You’d probably class me as a whale and I couldn’t care less about other members in my favourite model’s room. I don’t interact with them, unless I’m asked to.

I know I’ll have her attention because I pay a premium for it. It’s that simple.

You sound so jealous and possessive. And yes. People who spend more money usually get more attention.

I dont get why this is so hard to accept. Lol
Well no, because I'm not describing my situation here. I'm describing a hypothetical situation. There's nothing to get jealous about when it's all just conjecture.

The general concensus from what I've seen in other posts is that whales tend to be a short term deal in most cases. But I'm asking is that short term boost worth sacrificing the longer term income for. I'm beyond talking about my situation here, I'm genuinely interested because as a non-model that doesn't sound like how you'd run any other service business.

It certainly wasn't a compliment. "Brown sugar" is typically used in the US by white men as a term with connotations. He's just a dickhead.
I assumed he was a Rolling Stones fan, that song is awful (Brown Sugar).

It's exactly how you'd run another service business. If someone spent the money to book your service fully for the next few months, other clients wouldn't be able to book with you.

Well no, because I'm not describing my situation here. I'm describing a hypothetical situation. There's nothing to get jealous about when it's all just conjecture.

The general concensus from what I've seen in other posts is that whales tend to be a short term deal in most cases. But I'm asking is that short term boost worth sacrificing the longer term income for. I'm beyond talking about my situation here, I'm genuinely interested because as a non-model that doesn't sound like how you'd run any other service business.
This isn't any other service business. This is sex work.

Something that does set it apart from other service businesses is that, at least in your case, you are able to see a portion of the provider's interactions with their other clients, and a portion of other client spending. Which means there is more room for jealousy that doesn't exist in other service businesses.

There is no yesterday or tomorrow in camming, only today. What you did yesterday was yesterday's business. Tomorrow is unknown. I could be hit by a bus and never be able to cam again because the accident mangled my face or something.

The bottom line is you are a tipper, not her financial advisor. For all you know he sent her a thousand dollar Visa card or hit her up on CashApp or Venmo or any of the hundreds of ways to give models money off line.

Get out of her business.

I would love to hear her perspective.
She'd probably ban him permanently for making her business everyone else's business while whining that he typed something into a public platform and is mad it was transferred to a different platform and made public there. Or something. I just woke up, neeeed coffee!

Reactions: AudriTwo
While he was whining*

Can't edit on mobile I don't think.

Ok, i do get what @misterical is asking about asking is it a smart biz decision to keep a whale who is problematic/runs other business off. On that point *alone* i do have a comment :

The answer is it depends on circumstance. The models goals, finances, her long term plans, how she cams, etc.

If someone is well and truly running multiple long term (years and years) regs off and is an unpredictable big tipper then it's possibly a bad decision to keep them around. But that can be a really tough decision to make and models make bad biz choices everyday. It's all a gamble.

All tippers are replaceable. And models make decisions and that's that. There are a few whales i had over the years that negatively impacted my room and when they went i had to spend a while rebuilding lost income. But... it did get rebuilt.

Misterical i think you feel dog piled a bit because you've said your piece and expressed your feelings over and over and over. It makes sense that you're upset. What doesn't make sense to most people here is what you're doing about it. Posting over and over wont change your situation. The only thing you can control here is yourself.

Something that does set it apart from other service businesses is that, at least in your case, you are able to see a portion of the provider's interactions with their other clients, and a portion of other client spending. Which means there is more room for jealousy that doesn't exist in other service businesses.
This is an excellent point

It is also different from many service relationships (though not 100% unique) in that the "product" is the interaction (visual or verbal) with the service provider. So the product and the service are the same thing (if we were talking about a waiter/waitress the product would be the food, for example).

This is an excellent point

It is also different from many service relationships (though not 100% unique) in that the "product" is the interaction (visual or verbal) with the service provider. So the product and the service are the same thing (if we were talking about a waiter/waitress the product would be the food, for example).
Totally. And I get that things can feel confusing because of the way we sometimes attach emotions to our sexual indulgences.

Which is why it's so important to pop the bubble once in a while and come up for air.

Totally. And I get that things can feel confusing because of the way we sometimes attach emotions to our sexual indulgences.

Which is why it's so important to pop the bubble once in a while and come up for air.
yes, there are all kinds of things wrapped up in sex for people. And also issues of loneliness, guilt, human interpersonal modes, jealousy, greed, etc.

I would love to see a good study of cam user motivations - would be fascinating. Maybe I will just interview @AudriTwo. She loves to give researchers her thoughts on the North American cam model and their migration patterns, among other things. Maybe she would have thoughts on the user population too ;)

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I feel like my viewers can be mad at me or even outright pissed off, but to say I hurt their feelings? Flag on the play! 30 day time out. I'll eat the loss in order to avoid the conflict or time spent trying to explain why that's inappropriate.

Am I allowed to have hurt feelings if someone drops 6000 tokens in someone else's room but only 500 in mine? No. She/he/they found more that room more interesting.

We make decisions on the fly based on the information in front of us. If we revealed that information, we're showing our hand. That hands the power to the viewer and unless you're an actual submissive cammer that's not something a lot of us want to do.

This is supposed to be empowering for us and all of the dick waving and metaphorical sword fighting is exhausting for anyone to have to deal with.

When I ban people it's for my mental health, no one else's. I decide when someone has become toxic to me.

yes, there are all kinds of things wrapped up in sex for people. And also issues of loneliness, guilt, human interpersonal modes, jealousy, greed, etc.
And since we are all unique individuals, our service will vary between each of us, what is marketed to each client may be different, and even from moment to moment our offerings will change. So trying to hammer out WHY DID SHE DO THIS WITH HIM AND NOT THAT WITH ME? feels so silly.

I would love to see a good study of cam user motivations - would be fascinating. Maybe I will just interview @AudriTwo. She loves to give researchers her thoughts on the North American cam model and their migration patterns, among other things. Maybe she would have thoughts on the user population too ;)
The great north american cam model is emerging from her camden after hours of streaming and recording clips. She is famished and opens up her freezer. She found pizza rolls she forgot she bought months ago! Its a good day! dumps the remainder of pizza rolls in the air fryer with no parchment paper. She stops to consciously remind herself to put parchment paper on her shopping list for the 4th time that month but forgets seconds later once she remembers she's been holding her urine for a couple hours and races to the bathroom. Uh oh, her family decided to stop by and she has dildos everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.