AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New perspective!

You’d probably class me as a whale and I couldn’t care less about other members in my favourite model’s room. I don’t interact with them, unless I’m asked to.

I know I’ll have her attention because I pay a premium for it. It’s that simple.

Exactly. And unless you’re an asshole about it, nobody should have a problem anyway.

I’ve been a whale too, but I didn’t antagonize anyone while doing it. I focused on my business. Maybe they still hated me, I don’t know. And if they did, tough shit. But if they hate me because I’m being an asshole, then well, I could have done better, in that social setting. My money does not replace common courtesy.

Again - neither side should be all “how dare you” to the other if we truly want to be financial robots about it and exclude the idea that there are humans involved.

In this scenario, a member is nothing but a faceless dollar sign (or lack thereof). A model is merely a sexual performance provided to that faceless username. Neither should be viewed as people. That’s kind of where these conversations tend to end up, although I think if we’re being intellectually honest about it,I think both sides know it’s way more nuanced than that.

If a member leaves, tough shit. If a model ignores a member, likewise… tough shit, F your feelings, etc etc.

Models “owe” no attention to anyone. Members don’t “owe” it to a model to visit in the first place, or to not leave for any reason at all. I’m sure members avoid certain models for all kinds of reasons ranging from the very superficial to downright offensive. Their choice.

That includes if another member is an asshole and we prefer to not be in the company of assholes. Frankly, that’s a way better reason to peace out of a model’s room than probably half of the reasons members make those decisions.

Anyway, there’s some holiday cheer for y’all! Pah rum-pa-pum-pum…

The great north american cam model is emerging from her camden after hours of streaming and recording clips. She is famished and opens up her freezer. She found pizza rolls she forgot she bought months ago! Its a good day! dumps the remainder of pizza rolls in the air fryer with no parchment paper. She stops to consciously remind herself to put parchment paper on her shopping list for the 4th time that month but forgets seconds later once she remembers she's been holding her urine for a couple hours and races to the bathroom. Uh oh, her family decided to stop by and she has dildos everywhere.
Haha

It’s like seeing Michael Jordan in his prime attacking a defense or Adele nailing a ballad

A regular in a room shouldn't come to be expected income that will always continue to be banked in the future, a performer with longevity will keep seeking to expand their client base. Regulars can also become irregular at any time for any reason, or none. Because it's a luxury service and not something people need to survive, our income is always volatile. So continuing to market and attract more clients who spend more for our time makes good business sense. On top of that, gaining expertise with time spent working in the industry allows you to command higher pricing. The product has become more valuable, even if it is to different clients.

The issue only arose when he cut and pasted my messages (which I would see as a disrespectful invasion of privacy in any context, particularly given that the messages were of a private nature concerning a personal issue of hers)
It was a weird move for sure, I would definitely think that this guy has some issues and start disliking him after that, but the fact is it was not as invasion of privacy since it was posted in public, just on another platform. So, fucked up - yes, disrespectful invasion of privacy - not really.

But I'm asking is that short term boost worth sacrificing the longer term income for.
It was already answered and I agree that it depends on circumstances, but I wanted to add some more reasons why it might be worth to focus on the new whale.

On mosts sites they tend to really boost your visibility both because of the algorithm and by keeping your room active and full of action, so yes, while the new whale is spending old regulars or other new viewers might not spend as much or at all, some of the old regulars might move on, but the model is gaining new viewers and it is very likely some of them will stick around and start/keep spending even when the whale will move on.

Finally, not all models can afford thinking about long term, when barely making enough to survive. If you have bills to pay, no savings and and no safety net you take the money now even if the guy paying you is a twat who's annoying the living shit out of you and even if you know it might not be the best decision long term for whatever reason.

Interesting the guy who is gungho on how to be friends with cammodels gets upset when cammodels give people who pay them more money for attention more attention then the him who pays less.
Jesus Praise GIF by MOODMAN

So glad someone said it. All of this rambling on about "friendships" has been such a ridiculous and obvious farce. The lies some people tell themselves, and their stubborn inability to listen to common sense advice, and honest, direct feedback 🤦‍♀️

The other side of this is the whale's opinion. "Why does she keep paying attention to that guy who only gave her $5, when I just gave her $50?"

There's something to be said for showing tippers you expect a certain level of tipping.

The other side of this is the whale's opinion. "Why does she keep paying attention to that guy who only gave her $5, when I just gave her $50?"

There's something to be said for showing tippers you expect a certain level of tipping.

I do agree with this, totally. I just wonder how some whales would reconcile that with the “I don’t care about other users in the room” stance.

I’m not saying that’s the wrong attitude, either… only that I suspect they’d start caring if they suddenly weren’t “the king”. It’s easy not to care about the rest of the room when everything’s going in your favor.

Reactions: Maxi and Ozzie_
I do agree with this, totally. I just wonder how some whales would reconcile that with the “I don’t care about other users in the room” stance.

I’m not saying that’s the wrong attitude, either… only that I suspect they’d start caring if they suddenly weren’t “the king”. It’s easy not to care about the rest of the room when everything’s going in your favor.
I've had a whale become a minnow. His meltdown was beyond epic and to be honest, I felt like he finally knew what it felt like to be on the bottom for once. I eventually permabanned him and changed my user name to get way off of his radar because he ultimately was an abusive alcoholic who tried to use me as a punching bag.

Everyone has the potential for finances to suddenly change and I think as long as the model treats everyone with respect, she should ultimately be given a pass. She's just trying to live on her own terms.

I totally respect your right to disagree with me but it would be nice if you could do it respectfully. I think I'm fairly respectful in all of my interactions with people on here.

I honestly am starting to struggle to see why any members would feel incentivised to post in this forum any more. Every post is met by a wall of aggression where the member is dog piled on by models who think that the view from where they are standing is the only valid viewpoint. Camming is a two way transaction and there are opinions on the other side as well. You may not agree with them but it doesn't mean the members opinion is not valid.
I've been posting on here for several years. The tone ebbs and flows depending on who is actively posting. After reading this thread I really don't see a wall of aggression. What I do see is a lot of posts offering what is intended to be constructive responses to you. You may not like how they're phrased sometimes but as you may have noticed there is a large variation in how people express themselves. Sometimes it can get blunt.

Yes, there were digressions with other posters that got a bit out of hand but that's normal. Your posts have come across different ways at different times. you state the tipping doesn't bother you but the way you use it to offer context, as you put it, sounds a lot like it bothers you based on the wording you use, i.e. throwing large amounts of money around.

To be honest by this point I'm not sure exactly what the issue is since it seems to change. It goes from tipping to attention to cutting and pasting. Remember you might have a clear idea of what you mean but everyone else only has what you post to go by. Also people answer different parts of the issue based on their experiences, which side of the camera they're on and which posts they've read.

Your posts are interesting and you've contributed to several discussions. I hope you stay around. But there is a benefit to learning when a thread has gone so off point all you can accomplish is digging in deeper. That's when you simply let it go.

Last edited:

I made that comment earlier so I’ll respond.

Just me, but I don’t care. She often sends me weird/funny messages other members have sent her for shits & giggles.

Similarly if there’s a new whale in she’ll say “let him be king of the room for a while” in the hope he’ll stick around.

At which point I’ll go put the kettle on and have a cigarette.

Just me, but I don’t care. She often sends me weird/funny messages other members have sent her for shits & giggles.

Similarly if there’s a new whale in she’ll say “let him be king of the room for a while” in the hope he’ll stick around.

That's the spirit!! Almost all of the people I consider regulars will PM and say something like "get it, girl. I'll hang back and watch."

I do the same for the models I like best. Sometimes it means laying back and letting them go, and sometimes it means tipping “against them” so they are reminded if they want to be king of the room they need to keep going

Reactions: Maxi
That's the spirit!! Almost all of the people I consider regulars will PM and say something like "get it, girl. I'll hang back and watch."
the best type of reg who cheerleads when there is a new big spender. imo close second is the silent wanker who never typed a word to you but has consistently taken you to private for four years.

the best type of reg who cheerleads when there is a new big spender. imo close second is the silent wanker who never typed a word to you but has consistently taken you to private for four years.
Those are the best privates. No demands, no weird comments, just straight up voyuerism.

It is! I just googled the lyrics to it and they are beyond gross. But yeah, when white guys use that phrase it's fetishising and stereotyping at the least.
They recently (after 5o years) decided to stop performing it live.

I totally respect your right to disagree with me but it would be nice if you could do it respectfully. I think I'm fairly respectful in all of my interactions with people on here.

I honestly am starting to struggle to see why any members would feel incentivised to post in this forum any more. Every post is met by a wall of aggression where the member is dog piled on by models who think that the view from where they are standing is the only valid viewpoint. Camming is a two way transaction and there are opinions on the other side as well. You may not agree with them but it doesn't mean the members opinion is not valid.

Well fwiw, I'm inclined to sympathise with you and I really don't want to add to any pile on you.

But honestly, it's a chore following your thread here. And I'm wondering why you don't simply talk with your friend about this issue with this guy if it bothers you so much.

Wait, No, Please! Don't tell me!

Really? I'm a little surprised that they stopped now.

But then there's Stray Cat Blues and Under My Thumb still..
There was some serious backlash when I guess their one POC fan actually listened to the lyrics and raised a serious fuss -- good for them/her/him. (I'm totally snarking on the fact that only white dudes like the Rolling Stones. I've always hated their songs.) So the band agreed it was past its expiration date and pulled it from future shows.

• Funny!
Reactions: ArcticKitty
There was some serious backlash when I guess their one POC fan actually listened to the lyrics and raised a serious fuss -- good for them/her/him. (I'm totally snarking on the fact that only white dudes like the Rolling Stones. I've always hated their songs.) So the band agreed it was past its expiration date and pulled it from future shows.

Suddenly imagining these guys in their 80s asking each other "We're still edgy, right?"

Yeah, I do that too. She likes to tell me about some of the ridiculous things guys say to her, and we laugh together. We only communicate in PM, which I pay her for. I don't participate in public chat.
Sometimes she says "Guy paid me for conversation, sorry I'm busy" In which case I reply, "Cool, I'll be reading the Times and checking emails"
(I always have several tabs open on my pc.)
Yesterday she said "Guys throw tokens. I have to work. Sorry" So I reply ... "Awesome. PM when you are not busy"
I make sure to remind her often that I am happy just to be in her room.

Ok, i do get what @misterical is asking about asking is it a smart biz decision to keep a whale who is problematic/runs other business off. On that point *alone* i do have a comment :

The answer is it depends on circumstance. The models goals, finances, her long term plans, how she cams, etc.

If someone is well and truly running multiple long term (years and years) regs off and is an unpredictable big tipper then it's possibly a bad decision to keep them around. But that can be a really tough decision to make and models make bad biz choices everyday. It's all a gamble.

All tippers are replaceable. And models make decisions and that's that. There are a few whales i had over the years that negatively impacted my room and when they went i had to spend a while rebuilding lost income. But... it did get rebuilt.

Misterical i think you feel dog piled a bit because you've said your piece and expressed your feelings over and over and over. It makes sense that you're upset. What doesn't make sense to most people here is what you're doing about it. Posting over and over wont change your situation. The only thing you can control here is yourself.
You're right. She and I have had a chat and I totally understand her position and she understands mine. There's a lot of history between us (and I say that purely in terms of elapsed time rather than any suggestion of a romantic involvement - it has never been romantic from either of our perspectives) which means we can have frank discussions off the page. So we're all good.

And in answer to a few other points raised elsewhere (to save me replying individually):

I probably over-reacted but not to the money. Since I've known her she's made me very aware of what guys tip for things so I'm already well aware that I can't compete with the bigger guys. I've never had an issue with the bigger tippers even when I encounter them in the room at the same time because they are always respectful to me and one another. I'm always happy for her when she gets a big tip and I've always played nice with other customers. I was as suprised as she was that this guy set my teeth on edge because I've never crossed swords with any of her other members. I consider myself a pretty decent judge of character and I just felt something was "off" about him. Time will tell if my hunch proves to be right. He seems to have disappeared over the past few days anyway. He appears to be a purely midweek, "accesses the site from the office" visitor and never at weekends so at least I know how to avoid him and not create any tension for her to deal with.

Some of the best experiences I've had have been with other tippers chatting in her room. I even initially found this guy to be ok and we chatted. The comment about "throwing lots of money around" was a statement of fact but mainly an attempt to tie it in and make it relevant to the original post. Nothing more. Her regulars are a great bunch from all over the world and we all get on and we all support her well in our own ways. I hope that continues.

I didn't mean to drag this thread down. I appreciate the advice, even when I don't agree with it. I don't profess to being right all the time and am always willing to reflect and learn, whether that be from what she tells me or what you all tell me. I'm just a guy navigating my way through a fucking weird situation that I never in a million years expected to be in.

And with that I'm done posting in this thread for the sake of your sanity and mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.