AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Public Cam Guy Thread (Male model stuff!)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what to do. I run apps that spam what I'm offering. I have a descriptive bio. I try to make small talk, no one answers. I tried switching from mornings, to evenings now to try and get a feel for who might be out there. I've seen guys that are far less attractive than me with bigger rooms. I know that personality has everything to do with this but its hard to show personality with no one to talk to. Do I need some sort of gimmick? I'm not sure what's wrong.

Hi everyone, a little late to this party, but I wanted to chyme in any ways. This is also my first post here ! I just found this site today , and have been browsing around for a bit, decided to sign up!

So, I too have decided to go the route of trying to do the whole male cam model thing. I have been a member of cb for awhile now, usually just as a paying customer. The work these girls do on a daily basis deserves payment, and the last couple of years, I had a decent paying job, so I would do my part and contribute as much as humanly possible, without running myself short for my own life. As time went on, I found that I was spending a ton of money , and thought to myself, I wonder if I can just broadcast myself, make some tokens , and I can just give them back to the girls. I figured why not, and clicked the broadcast button.

Long story short, I have had some success. I do not find myself to be an overly attractive dude. Like I mean, I'm not ugly , but I would never consider myself to be a "model". I don't think you will ever see me on a fruit of the loom billboard type deal. But there are a TON of people in this world, and not everybody is going to see you as you see yourself. I've been doing this pretty consistently for about the past week now, and 3 of the 5 days, I earned almost 1500 tokens, most of which has come from a very small core group of people, like I am talking less than 10. Most of the time my room o my has about 3-12 viewers. I hit a peak of 100 during a show once, but I avg probably about 6 at any given time. All you really need to have going for you is a beaming personality, a willingness to talk about things you don't necessarily feel comfortable with, and you just gotta be friendly!!! My first private ever, was with a gay man that did not even want me to get naked! I have yet to do anything that I am not comfortable with. I treat my viewers like I would treat my friends. If no one wants to talk, I just sit there and wait until someone shows up that does. It might take hours, but it is time that you need to put in, and not let it discourage you. It only takes one person to show up, and that can all change . I have went 8 hours without a single token, then a dude shows up that is Into me, and I make 1000 in 15 minutes. Rewards will come for you, you just have to wait. And I personally think it is worth the waiting time! Find other things to occupy yourself with for those dead times! And when someone shows up that wants to talk, set it aside and divert all attention to the room! As others have mentioned above, there really is not a how -to on this .... I have been winging it completely , and have seen some results that keep me wanting to continue. If this is what you want to do, keep at it ! I have literally had so much fun, dancing ,singing and doing just random things that people will pay for ! I just be myself! Communicate with the people. All it takes is one or two dedicated followers to really get into you, and they provide so much to the room atmosphere, and your pocket. Makes the rest just fall into place. Keep at it , just be yourself !! This is just my opinion, I'm am not a professional by any means, I am a newb, but I just thought I would throw out some of my newb experience that hopefully helps!

Well based on your pic you're a pretty decent looking guy. Starting to think they just don't like me or like another poster said maybe Chaturbate isn't for me. I applied with Streammate and will probably just move there for a bit and see what happens.

I think I have a "resting bitch face" which makes them not want to talk to me lol. I don't know. Its hard not to be discouraged but thanks for the tips. I appreciate it.

Its a double edged sword with the token sites, Erik. Show nothing, and have a low viewer count, or give it away for free and guests come to expect it without tipping. Guage your audience, feel them out, and feel free to show a bit in order to increase your viewer count. Though I dont think viewer count is everything, it is the most reliable and straight forward way to cast a wider net to catch more fish. Sometimes you have to give up a little to get a lot. Understan that most guys are on chaturbate with their hard dicks in their hands, looking to bate one out as quickly as possible. I cant give any specific advice aside from consistency -- try to log on around the same times consistently for a few weeks and see how that works for you. Barring that, I'd say try another site as mentioned about (Perhaps try a non-token site, one more geared towards your strengths -- your ability to make small talk and be comfortable with a 1-on-1 scenario). You may also consider split camming. Try multiple token based sites simultaneously, that may take the pressure off of making all your money on 1 site.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ErikOdyssey
Its a double edged sword with the token sites, Erik. Show nothing, and have a low viewer count, or give it away for free and guests come to expect it without tipping. Guage your audience, feel them out, and feel free to show a bit in order to increase your viewer count. Though I dont think viewer count is everything, it is the most reliable and straight forward way to cast a wider net to catch more fish. Sometimes you have to give up a little to get a lot. Understan that most guys are on chaturbate with their hard dicks in their hands, looking to bate one out as quickly as possible. I cant give any specific advice aside from consistency -- try to log on around the same times consistently for a few weeks and see how that works for you. Barring that, I'd say try another site as mentioned about (Perhaps try a non-token site, one more geared towards your strengths -- your ability to make small talk and be comfortable with a 1-on-1 scenario). You may also consider split camming. Try multiple token based sites simultaneously, that may take the pressure off of making all your money on 1 site.

Indeed. After going 9 hours without a single tip I put in a Streamate application. Gonna give that site a try. I was actually just talking to a female cammodel and she brought up an excellent point. She said that there's so many guys up there (Chaturbate) giving it away for free that its hard for the legit models to actually get ahead. You're absolutely right though. View count isn't everything. I feel like I might need a change of scenery though.

Pso work does pay like crazy. If you have a nice voice and know how to lead a scene I think it pays better than cam.
There are three kinds of guys I see doing really well on cam.
1. Manipulative bastards who run long cons.
2. CB "famous" guys. These guys are super honest and fair but they worked really hard to build a following. They rely on games and apps and ticket shows. Put a ton of focus on making sure the room and the show sell them rather than them selling the room. Very careful about who their mods are and maintaining a "culture" in the room. These guys are also great at social media
3. Skilled multicammers. These guys are really money machines. They are very patient and they are never ever naked for free. Set up is to run a couple per minute private sites and several token sites. You wait till you get a private on stream or Jasmin or whatever. Start a party chat on flirt and give a little free on CB and cam4. If it gets heavier you set the tokens to pvt and flirt to multi user. This lets you use your privates on the per minutes to build user numbers on the token sites then when you get privates on a token site just set the multi user options. That way even if it seems like you're giving for free at least one site if not more is/are paying for the show. You have to be able to pay attention to 4 or 5 sites at once but man does it pay.
Just some observations from a business side.
P

• Helpful!
Reactions: ErikOdyssey
I actually had to take a week off because I threw my back out but I cammed again today. Sat there on Chaturbate for 4 hours lol. Had a room count of like 10 for a bit and made a WHOPPING 5 tokens... In 4 hours... Needless to say I don't think CB is for me.

As far as PSO work goes, I can't. I live with people and it'd be impossible to explain what I was doing if I were caught lol. I don't really enjoy dirty talk anyway. I don't think I'd be happy doing it.

Multicamming does seem like a good option. I absolutely hate to give anything away for free. I might actually sign up for Cam4 as well. I'm already registered to CB and SM. CB is draining me of any will to cam so I think I might give that a shot. Run all 3 at the same time. My PC and internet can definitely handle it.

Thank you guys for the tips.

I actually had to take a week off because I threw my back out but I cammed again today. Sat there on Chaturbate for 4 hours lol. Had a room count of like 10 for a bit and made a WHOPPING 5 tokens... In 4 hours... Needless to say I don't think CB is for me.

As far as PSO work goes, I can't. I live with people and it'd be impossible to explain what I was doing if I were caught lol. I don't really enjoy dirty talk anyway. I don't think I'd be happy doing it.

Does that mean you don't talk on cam?

Maybe that is hurting you if so, hard to show your personality without speaking out loud.

Reactions: BlairLuxe
Great insight on the multiple different ways that a cammer can be successful Papachulo. I fall into the third category, in that I work on multiple websites simultaneously (CB,F4F,SM,ImLive,Jasmin,Cam4 and a few others I pop on occasionally). This type of setup often ensures that in at least one chat, I have some kind of potential action going on. I have regulars on all of my sites, and between them, I always have someone to shoot the shit with while I wait for a horny customer to roll in. Sometimes I'll split a cam between two token sites, so that when someone pays for something on one site, its shown on the other, and encourages viewers to stick around/tip. Occasionally, you simply have to be okay with giving something away for free to attract viewers -- it may be talking, it may be a bit of showing skin, but if you want higher viewer counts and thus more exposure, you have to bring more viewers in, and you have to accept that a vast number of these guests will be nonpaying, but in their own way they contribute to your success. More viewers = More exposure. More exposure = a higher chance of a high spending client. You cant be found if you're 5 pages deep, so if you're going to be successful on token sites, you have to be at least somewhat tolerant of freeloaders. I dont always have the highest viewer counts, and I'm okay with that because I have high quality regulars, but its to your own advantage to give yourself an occasional boost of exposure by giving people something to enjoy. I'd rather have a viewer count of 5 or 6 and make decent money, than have a viewer count of 300 and make decent money. I understand your frustration and it is a fine line, but thats really part of what makes this a job.

Yeah so figured I'd check back in. Since my last post on the 23rd of January I've cammed 5 days, 4 hours each day on CB, SM and Cam4 at the same time and made a whopping 100 tokens on mostly Cam4. 6 bucks on Streamate.

I'm starting to think I just don't have what it takes lol. I can't even put anyone in the chat these days. Sitting here as we speak on all three sites without a single viewer and I'm completely naked.

Its very demoralizing to say the least.

Yeah so figured I'd check back in. Since my last post on the 23rd of January I've cammed 5 days, 4 hours each day on CB, SM and Cam4 at the same time and made a whopping 100 tokens on mostly Cam4. 6 bucks on Streamate.

I'm starting to think I just don't have what it takes lol. I can't even put anyone in the chat these days. Sitting here as we speak on all three sites without a single viewer and I'm completely naked.

Its very demoralizing to say the least.

Thank you for coming back with an update! I have been following this thread hoping to hear some positive news back from you!

As MFCGod asked earlier , are you running your streams with absolutely no sound at at all? Just typing , or do you have your microphone turned on? This is an important thing to know. I would not mind checking out one of your streams sometime, just to see what all is happening. Do you have the same user name on cb? What time do you normally broadcast?

Thank you for coming back with an update! I have been following this thread hoping to hear some positive news back from you!

As MFCGod asked earlier , are you running your streams with absolutely no sound at at all? Just typing , or do you have your microphone turned on? This is an important thing to know. I would not mind checking out one of your streams sometime, just to see what all is happening. Do you have the same user name on cb? What time do you normally broadcast?

I've actually done all 3. No sound. Mic On. Just typing. I don't ever talk though. I only type.I'm usually on mornings. 10am to 2pm PST, Monday - Friday.

Getting over a crushing super bowl loss though so I don't know when I'll be back this week lol.

And yeah, my name is the same.

Reactions: Emveegtg
I was actually just talking to a female cammodel and she brought up an excellent point. She said that there's so many guys up there (Chaturbate) giving it away for free that its hard for the legit models to actually get ahead.

'legit models' meaning what?

aaaaaaargh, absolutely maddening!

does any else cam from outside the US?

I've spent a week trying to get PayPal to work so I could set up a US bank account to DD my payouts to.
I filled out their payout forms, including listing my non-US address, ticking boxes like 'not subject to US taxes', and selecting a payment method from those available given the country I selected. ...I chose DD within USA, since they can't DD internationally.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now they're telling me I'm supposedly not able to do this without social security and a US tax number!

what the hell? who designed this crap and worded it so badly?

has anyone else had issues with them? or found an easy low-fees way of getting their payouts?

Hmm, I thought the available section is only for girl models but today I'm not that busy so I try to explore this forum and here I am, I found this interesting thread for all boys out there. I'm new to this board and I see some good sort of information that really useful to me.

I want to start camming soon, however I was still wondering:

I've found a lot of information and did most of what I could think of before hand - Getting a profile text and deceiding on what I'd be willing to do and for what amount of tokens, getting an area set up, organizing stuff I'd be able to use during a show, that sort of thing.

However, most information I'd found on what things to get done are generally for female cam models - In the above did I miss anything that applies specificly to males?

I was also unsure about the following - I'd be broadcasting to a niche (Latex/bdsm fetish), I've hardly seen any guy models around doing it - Is that because there's simply no models doing it, or is there no market for it?

I have been camming for a few weeks now a few nights each week on Chaturbate. I've gotten a few tips and a couple of private sessions, but nothing significant. Most of my followers are greys, which is understandable as I read where someone else said that would happen. However, I am having real trouble getting my viewer count up. I only at most have had like 8 or 9 in the room. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong unless it's just Chaturbate website coding not allowing my feed to be spotlighted better. I can't count how many times a new cam already had thousands of followers.

'nights' in what country? what part of the night? (early evening, evening, late evening, after midnight...)
are you using tags in your room name?
how many people with tks come in for a look?
what do you do in your shows?

what does 'website coding not allowing my feed to be spotlighted better' mean?

'nights' in what country? what part of the night? (early evening, evening, late evening, after midnight...)
are you using tags in your room name?
how many people with tks come in for a look?
what do you do in your shows?

what does 'website coding not allowing my feed to be spotlighted better' mean?
I'm camming from the united States and can't start until around 11 pm central time. I do use tags in my room. Only a couple of them that come in my room have tokens and usually don't stay.

In my shows I have a little variety. Sometimes I use anal toys like lovense (just started) or aneros. I also tend to use either a Hitachi or jerk off too. Basically edging myself so that I don't cum.

As far as what website coding means, I mean that Chaturbate software places most unknown cams toward the last of the page listings. Yet I have seen some cams being listed as new and already having thousands of followers

I thought of trying some different sites but the reality is that it would do more to confuse those few who are my fans than help me.

In my shows I have a little variety. Sometimes I use anal toys like lovense (just started) or aneros. I also tend to use either a Hitachi or jerk off too. Basically edging myself so that I don't cum.

those hours aren't too bad, generally

so, what sets you apart from the competition?

in chaturbate most of the tippers of male cams are americans so if u are european u need to be online when its afternoon or night during their time. i notice that the men that earn thousands of tokens per session are usually those public cum show but they have many viewers along the colored profiles ones there are also the greys who dont have tokens. but as a tipper, be aware many of those new tip goal ones that are not showing anything have bad performace like they dont show their faces while jerking eventhough they get so many tokens or even worse a scam after they reach their goal they will get offline.

in chaturbate most of the tippers of male cams are americans so if u are european u need to be online when its afternoon or night during their time. i notice that the men that earn thousands of tokens per session are usually those public cum show but they have many viewers along the colored profiles ones there are also the greys who dont have tokens. but as a tipper, be aware many of those new tip goal ones that are not showing anything have bad performace like they dont show their faces while jerking eventhough they get so many tokens or even worse a scam after they reach

It is entirely the time I am getting online then? I usually can't get on until like 11 pm central time in America

It is entirely the time I am getting online then? I usually can't get on until like 11 pm central time in America

naa that's not the worst time. I often have american guys tell me 'ok it's 3am now I better go'

EU evenings seem to be worse. EU guys home from work predominate and don't really tip.

naa that's not the worst time. I often have american guys tell me 'ok it's 3am now I better go'

EU evenings seem to be worse. EU guys home from work predominate and don't really tip.
Oh awesome sounds like one of the better time slots then. I did make 65 tokens last night. And gained a couple followers. I have 56 followers right now.

those are time where there is high traffic on male cams so probably there are many tippers that will notice u. try also logging in when during saturdays and sundays on their time.

if they say like that it means they no longer want to tip you that is why they want to leave and probably go to other cammers caught their attention.

hang in there.

tonight was shit for me.

I loaded CB yesterday and got an error I've never seen before:
'initial connection between Cloudfare's network and the origin web server timed out'.

today I load the site and it comes up white
or I load it and it displays normally, but then I try to click any link and it goes 'page unresponsive' (we are experiencing bad weather here, but I'm on fibre, so it shouldn't be an issue on my end)

then you get the days where rooms only load frozen on a screencap until you enter and leave 5-10 times.

...when customers have to put up with shit like this, you're gunna have a worse day.

if they say like that it means they no longer want to tip you that is why they want to leave and probably go to other cammers caught their attention.
lol do you get tips for talking out of your arse? that's a neat trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.