AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Public Cam Guy Thread (Male model stuff!)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been camming for about a month now on cb, it's working pretty good so far. it takes some time to get an audience. I am getting some toys to add to the mix, hoping it might increase tips.

-"Cam Modeling", is Much, MUCH, much, MORE..... than just "Nudity"... You Really Need a Witty, Likable, Smart Ass Personality, or "YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE LONG".:nailbiting: Shocking? I know. You can read about being a cam model all you want, it helps. But there really is no guide on "How to Cam". Or where to cam, for that matter.
-Each site is "unique" in it's own right.... Back in the day, the "Model" never got "Naked" Right away... You had to spend hours in "PVT" with them in order, to get to "KNOW" them first, and eventually if the "Model" liked you, Then the "Model" would decide if you were "Cool" enough to have "FUN" with them. But sadly things change and it is what it is today.
-Let's just say, don't quit your day jobs' "GUYS" to be a "Cam Model". The best Read about "Cam Modeling" is the "LiveJasmin" wiki's meant for only Models on "Jasmin" to read. I am sure you can find them if you look;) This is why Jasmin has the "Most" Professional Cam Models. All in all have fun, if you think you could be good at it, give it try. It is going to be something so different and beyond anything that you will ever experience, Evor. If you "Want" to know more about me follow me on twitter, my user name with a "Ying" and "Yang" on the end of it:) Till next time. Have Fun. and Never forget to Remember and Forgive.

-"Cam Modeling", is Much, MUCH, much, MORE..... than just "Nudity"... You Really Need a Witty, Likable, Smart Ass Personality, or "YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE LONG".:nailbiting: Shocking? I know. You can read about being a cam model all you want, it helps. But there really is no guide on "How to Cam". Or where to cam, for that matter.
-Each site is "unique" in it's own right.... Back in the day, the "Model" never got "Naked" Right away... You had to spend hours in "PVT" with them in order, to get to "KNOW" them first, and eventually if the "Model" liked you, Then the "Model" would decide if you were "Cool" enough to have "FUN" with them. But sadly things change and it is what it is today.
-Let's just say, don't quit your day jobs' "GUYS" to be a "Cam Model". The best Read about "Cam Modeling" is the "LiveJasmin" wiki's meant for only Models on "Jasmin" to read. I am sure you can find them if you look;) This is why Jasmin has the "Most" Professional Cam Models. All in all have fun, if you think you could be good at it, give it try. It is going to be something so different and beyond anything that you will ever experience, Evor. If you "Want" to know more about me follow me on twitter, my user name with a "Ying" and "Yang" on the end of it:) Till next time. Have Fun. and Never forget to Remember and Forgive.
I think I can appreciate what you're trying to say here but your overuse of quotes, caps such makes it really hard to focus on your point.

Thank you for your contribution, I look forward to more posts, but please could you avoid making your text so difficult to read?

I apologize Amber for my extreme Gonzo writing. I will keep it to a minimum in the future. I think that class I took with the Dr. of Journalism, might have had a little too much effect on me. Take care, and thank you for your understanding and appreciation on the situation.

I apologize Amber for my extreme Gonzo writing. I will keep it to a minimum in the future. I think that class I took with the Dr. of Journalism, might have had a little too much effect on me. Take care, and thank you for your understanding and appreciation on the situation.

My Mom writes like that. It doesn't make any damn sense, cause every word that she wants to emphasize is capitalized, quoted, bulleted, etc. However, the overuse of quotes make it seem like you're mocking people who say the things in them. And emphasis is just used to show extreme feelings towards one area/part of a sentence/paragraph. Overuse of caps/bullets/bolded/italicized words is the equivalent of someone, standing beside you, yelling into your face.

I wonder if she also went to this Dr. of Journalism, whoever/whatever that might be.

I wonder if she also went to this Dr. of Journalism, whoever/whatever that might be.
I assumed it was a reference to drugs... *shrug*

I assumed it was a reference to drugs... *shrug*

It's a Hunter S Thompson reference, innit. He was the first "gonzo journalist", although that really has nothing to do with this guy's writing style (KerriBoy, I went to Journalism school and I promise you that capitalising words arbitrarily does not make you a gonzo journalist). He pioneered a writing style in which his reporting had as much to do with his subjective (usually drug-fuelled) experiences while conducting his reports as it did the objective nature of the subject he was reporting on. He was a pretty interesting dood and the film Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is based on one of his (largely auto-biographical) books.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
Thank you all for the great responses.

Dr. Hunter Stockton Thompson, was a hoot. And one of a kind. But probably should have been a king, as he was in his own right. No one will ever be like him. He would have been 85 or 86 last year? Anyone can be a journalist these days. But no one can ever come close to him. I wish he was still alive to back me up. But he isn't. which is sad.

He took his own life 21 years ago. For reasons none of you seem to realize yet. Read his last book called "Hey Rube". It should explain everything or maybe more than what I had written in my first post. And all my other posts for that matter. Fear and Loathing was an excellent film, but way over exasperated. Try reading the book. Or better yet Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail. Which turned into a movie called "Where the Buffalo Roam", Starring Bill Murray. The Rum Diaries was also his work. I am sure you watched that film.

You really should do research before replying. with random drug references. He never committed a crime that he was convicted of. Oh, watch the new Documentary that just came out last year on him. He will be forever missed, and is in dier need these days. His Rolling Stone articles were epic.

• Wat?!
Reactions: hapa74
Oops, he did. He was locked up when he was 18 and missed his own graduation. Almost forgot. But he didn't do anything hardcore till he was in his mid to late 30's.

I really wish threads like this could stay on topic since their intent seems pretty clearly on informing new and established models alike on what to expect and what we can learn from each other. Syntax aside, I had a few points of reflection on your contributions, @KerriBoy

You can read about being a cam model all you want, it helps. But there really is no guide on "How to Cam". Or where to cam, for that matter.

As far as I can see, this thread is not a guide on "How to Cam", this is a tool for newer or established models to learn what advantages and disadvantages different sites have, what options are offered and - as opposed to a "How-To Guide" - a venue to interact with and receive feedback from other models.

Back in the day, the "Model" never got "Naked" Right away... ...But sadly things change and it is what it is today.

Models are the industry, the industry standard only changes if the models allow it. What has been insinuated is that the industry has changed; this is accurate to a point. This, however, is not and should never be a point of hopelessness and dismissal that the "good ol' days" have passed. Make a change. Work how you want to work and inspire other like-minded models to do so. Just because more models are modeling a different way does not prevent anyone from establishing a business-model based around the "old ways". Building your room is the essence of expressing your individuality and identity as a model; I implore any newer models to keep in mind that the only inhibitions to your business-model are within the restricted rules and functionality of the site you work with.

The best Read about "Cam Modeling" is the "LiveJasmin" wiki's meant for only Models on "Jasmin" to read. I am sure you can find them if you look;) This is why Jasmin has the "Most" Professional Cam Models.

If you are here to provide advice and resources, please feel free to post the resources! I think that's kinda what the thread is for, right? A link would be very useful, I'm sure, if you feel it is appropriate to cross-share information from a site-specific wiki on this forum - if it's not that hard to find, it's not that hard to post a link so not everyone has to go digging through "Jasmin-only Models" wiki pages. If that information is "private" and "Jasmin-only", then that whole point is really just recruitment-bait. You don't have to commit to a camsite on this forum and we'll all try to help you out to the best of our abilities. On a personal sidenote: it's very insulting to any model that works on any other site to be labeled "less professional" simply because they don't work on the site you work on.

Thank you for your contributions and your communication-style adaptation, they are appreciated.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
----- Hi DeezNA, I'm forever sorry for corrupting your thread. I take full blame even though I am not the one that replied to my own post. :)

---- As some of you may know I no longer have internet and have decided to spooge off of the plastic conglomerates wi-fi, while I can still afford the dollar menu. (Flipping burgers in my state now pays $15 an hour ;) ) But figured since you were nice enough to reply and have not been a model that long, Plus I have seen that you have not been online in over a month (on cam), I should at least give some pointers. Let's see if I can figure out this forum and get it right this time. :D

As far as I can see, this thread is not a guide on "How to Cam", this is a tool for newer or established models to learn what advantages and disadvantages different sites have, what options are offered and - as opposed to a "How-To Guide" - a venue to interact with and receive feedback from other models.

---- Exactly, you really have to investigate. Spend time on different sites before choosing one. and Decide which one will best suit you. Again there is no guide to say this site is best for you. Especially with the way it is now. Most guys will whip it out for free and not ask for a single token or credit. Which is a shame and a disgrace for that matter on all of man kind.

---- So the question is what has happened to male cam modeling? Did it really die before it even started? Or did it die cause of the sites enabling free nudity without privates or paying members?

Models are the industry, the industry standard only changes if the models allow it. What has been insinuated is that the industry has changed; this is accurate to a point. This, however, is not and should never be a point of hopelessness and dismissal that the "good ol' days" have passed. Make a change. Work how you want to work and inspire other like-minded models to do so. Just because more models are modeling a different way does not prevent anyone from establishing a business-model based around the "old ways". Building your room is the essence of expressing your individuality and identity as a model; I implore any newer models to keep in mind that the only inhibitions to your business-model are within the restricted rules and functionality of the site you work with.

---- I think I answered this question already....
"Cam Modeling", is Much, MUCH, much, MORE..... than just "Nudity"... You Really Need a Witty, Likable, Smart Ass Personality, or "YOU WILL NOT SURVIVE LONG".

If you are here to provide advice and resources, please feel free to post the resources! I think that's kinda what the thread is for, right? A link would be very useful, I'm sure, if you feel it is appropriate to cross-share information from a site-specific wiki on this forum - if it's not that hard to find, it's not that hard to post a link so not everyone has to go digging through "Jasmin-only Models" wiki pages. If that information is "private" and "Jasmin-only", then that whole point is really just recruitment-bait. You don't have to commit to a camsite on this forum and we'll all try to help you out to the best of our abilities. On a personal sidenote: it's very insulting to any model that works on any other site to be labeled "less professional" simply because they don't work on the site you work on.

Here ya go, http://wiki.jasmin.com/display/EW/Model+Wiki+Home. For the computer illiterate, You are welcome. :)

---- It really is not recruitment-bait, but jasmin is very strict as you can read from all the wiki pages. The site is very professional. Compared to how they use to be back in the day. I would have compared them to cam4 back then. But LJ use to pay 70% straight up and still does if you know how to use the tools they provide ;). But it all depends on what you prefer and want to do.

---- Jasmin is more of a privates only type site. But there is tipping in free. With No free nudity Allowed. (PVT Only) Defers Cappers, Very few to no cappers.

---- Chaturbate is more of a free room site with tipping, which is almost all the sites now. Cam4, etc.(Tons of Cappers)

---- Streamate is a bit different, enables tipping in free but with a twist of a cheap Gold show. Few Cappers, and enables PVts and exclusive pvts. Few to no cappers. Mostly capping in gold shows.

---- There are a few more sites like, Flirt4Free, where the site actually caps your pvts and exclusives, but you have a choice now. (Once I get internet again I will check it out and make a new thread with my review). One of the oldest sites. But streamate will argue with that.

All in all you really have to do some investigating. But the best advice I have is read the Jasmin wiki. It will help you out immensely. And whatever site you choose guys, watch the top girls on that site, they know what they are doing and it does work for male models too ;)

---- Take Care, KerriBoy :D

I think I answered this question already....
Deez wasn't asking you anything there. He has been an established member of ACF and sort of the voice for male models for a while, and his replies to you are seemingly to try to steer you in the direction of keeping the thread on track. I cannot speak for him, but I guarantee you he isn't asking you for advice.
For the computer illiterate, You are welcome.
Your condescension is not welcome here. If you're only going to post to try and show off how elite you are, please go elsewhere.

---- I apologize Amber. Sorry again. I seem to keep eating my own words or something. I wasn't trying to come off as dickish but as I always read my own words as they come out they do seem like I am an ass, or maybe even an asshole at times. But I do not mean any harm. I was trying to get the thread back on track ;)

---- So.... any more information and feed back on male sites and what works and what does not?

(I love the dollar menu late at night, the free wi-fi isn't bad either.)

Oh, and I should have internet again soon. Thank you to all my members for helping me get it back. You are all awesome.)

To reiterate some important points in response to the on-topic question of "male sites and what works and what does not", @KerriBoy

There is no one specific magic key to being a successful model. Thus, why there is no How-To Guide - there is no universal guide of "10 Steps to Guaranteed Success as a Cam Model" and if you ever come across anything that even hints at that, I would guarantee it's a scam or just bullshit. That's why I really enjoy the Forum here: we try to address specific issues catered to specific individuals based on their specific difficulties, models from all different sites giving diverse feedback.

As every performer is a unique individual with unique traits and talents, every model has different strengths and weaknesses, personal limits, etc. Different sites accommodate different camming styles, what works for some may not work for others. This is why I encourage models to not limit themselves to the trends they see around them, rather to create the best environment and service possible for one's business-model and customer base. For some, an interactive chatroom and public group atmosphere is integral in building a community - many sites do not offer this in the same degree as others. Some find business-models that cater to Private shows or smaller-scale Group Shows work better for them - there are sites that are designed around that. There are some models that rely almost entirely on content distribution and only use camming and social media as a way to network and expand client base - there are sites for that as well. It's all about what works for you as a model and finding the right site(s) to optimize your business.

Since it has been thrust upon the table here, I am slightly obliged to make a public statement - Yes, I have taken a leave of absence from camming due to extremely important personal factors outside of my control. I can assure that my hiatus was announced well in advance and was well accepted, even highly encouraged by my room community. These factors may not be explicit to the public who may not have been in my room or have the time to look back at my Twitter history... so if my lack of recent activity is viewed as a reflection on my credibility, so be it.

I completely agree with the overall theme of "have a personality", but it's easier said than done. I see plenty of more attractive models fail at camming because they aren't willing to converse and be themselves. It's hard to teach someone to be genuine.

Well, I am certainly in the minority here as I am over 65!!! I got a late start on camming! I cam on Chaturbate. Started out looking for some adult web chat sites and came upon CB. Then I saw the "Broadcast Yourself" button and clicked on it. Felt a bit perverted at first watching myself jerk off but got comfortable with it. Then others started to tune in and it has been going well ever since. I have over 500 followers although many don't show up anymore. There are men and women out there that enjoy watching an older guy play with his tool. I have had a couple of private shows and I basically will do anything they ask for since they are paying.
Most of my viewers do not have tokens to tip with. I just enjoy being on cam when I masturbate and I like having an audience. I watch some of the guys but I admit, I am a bit picky and there are some pretty disgusting cocks out there.
I am not into this for income so tips are not a big deal for me.If I get tips, I use the tokens to tip my female friends.
Be advised that a lot of the viewers who show as a female are actually guys.
I am straight and have not had a male on male experience but some of my viewers make me interested in trying it out. Some of the others get pretty pesky with their comments and requests. You can always ban someone who gets too out of line.

I just started and I thought I will at least have 5 to 10 people chatting with me but for 4 hours I am all alone in my chatroom.Camming seemed to be harder for guys.I didn't expect to get zero views. I got inspired to try after hearing stories about men and women with unconventional looks doing well with camming. 20 dollars a day is all I need to have a better life. :arghh: I can't even make a single dollar. I read all the instructions on how to do well but I guess I am still naive on how to start.

I'm guilty of giving too much away for free. I usually get 150-300 viewer in about 45 minutes but very few tips aside from a few very generous admirers. I enjoy myself and love the attention more than anything, so this really isn't a complaint...but I can't help but wonder if a Mod or a more aggressive tipping/reward structure will make my time on CB more profitable. Currently I ask for 100 tokens to take my shorts off and from there 500 to cum. I'd say i hit my goal in less than an hour 30% of the time. I feel like with my followers and viewer count I could be doing a lot better. But I'm a straight guy unwilling to do any butt stuff, so there's that.

Just fishing for suggestions ;)

hello guys! Brand new to the site, and to camming in general. I didn't read all the above comments, so if these questions have been answered already i'm so sorry!

First off; I know I need to be streaming A LOT to get my room attention, which is fine, but what exactly should I be doing? I made a set list for token prices on what you'll get, but I feel like if I just sit in my room with all my clothes on i'm not going to get any attention/followers.

also I set up a twitter as well, how do I go about getting followers? Where do I find the right audience in the abundance of people in the twitter realm.
okay! thanks guys. any advice appreciated. also, I use cb if that's important to know!

I am a cam model. Get muscles. Ppl pay just for u to flex. I mean there will be mostly men watching u and a whole slew of weird things ull do. But if u play ur cards right and take things sliw with people. They will pay. Always be friendly . On average i make 1000$ a week. Last week 1030$ if you want good traffic i would try streamate. Most of the guys there arent very attractive. So if u are then u have a leg up.

Hi all!

I've just joined as I thought I could chip in to the male models threat, I've been working on SM since June 27th and have had some success there :)

I've worked the full time jobs and recently fell into a bout of depression! I was signed off sick for weeks and decided to quit my job in order to work from home and try camming full time :)

Mind I don't earn as much as I did at my previous 10-6:30 job but I earn just enough to pay my rent and get by, all whilst enjoying my freedom to have a break when I want, goto the bathroom when I want, no "disciplinaries" for being 1 minute late off a break, no one breathing down my neck and I feel so much better for it! Freedom! I can wear what I want and be who I am without a corporate leash around my neck :)

Right now I earn anywhere between $150-$200 per week, streaming about 5 hours a day. Whilst that might not seem a lot, certainly in comparison to some of the other models, I hope in time I will have more regulars! I'm usually near the top at the guys homepage now! Also got a couple Skype users just from sitting in cam4, so hopefully more of those soon too!

I tried cam4 and chaturbate and couldn't stand either, will stick to SM!

I'm in the twinks niche, and would love to hear some tips from other fellow camguys or girls! Do you think my weekly earnings are ever going to get higher with consistent streaming over the next few months?

Hope to meet some of you cool posters soon! :)

I'm in the twinks niche, and would love to hear some tips from other fellow camguys or girls! Do you think my weekly earnings are ever going to get higher with consistent streaming over the next few months?

I'm not a model or anything, but I know from spectating as a member that a model only needs one or two generous people to take a liking to them and things can pick up very quickly

You sound like you're doing well already on a good stable amount, hopefully the longer you're a model the bigger the following you will get and the more money you make

i can tell you for a fact you need personality to get people into watchin you,I been doing it for a month and I already got regulars in chaturbate ,you just need good light and dont forget to be nice most of the time

Popping by to say hello and offer advice. I've got about 2 years of camming under my belt, and presently split cam between 4-5 sites. If I can offer any advice or direction to anyone, I'd be glad to do so!

• Helpful!
Reactions: MFCGod
Here's my current conundrum. I've cammed on Chaturbate under tons of various names but I've finally decided to try and go part/full time under this name.

In all of my experience camming off and on, and now under a strict schedule over the last 2 weeks, I've noticed something. If I'm dressed and trying to hit a naked goal, no one talks, no one comes in the room (if they do, they leave within a second because of how dead it is). and I pretty much just sit there with little to no interaction or tips until I decide to log off, which is usually 2-3 hours.

Sometimes I'll get frustrated and decide to just get naked (I know that's a no no, we should always be getting paid to be naked) and I'll give you a guess as to what happens. Yep, the room starts to gain some attention. Not a lot. Maybe 4 or 5 more people than what were there in the first place. So far I've only been able to put 50 people in a room over all the time I've been camming, 11 under this brand new account.

Thing is though, in either situation, no one tips! I'll get the dark blue or purple that will tip 1 token here, 2 tokens there, and my first 2 days I was able to muster up a whole 250 tokens!

I don't know what to do. I run apps that spam what I'm offering. I have a descriptive bio. I try to make small talk, no one answers. I tried switching from mornings, to evenings now to try and get a feel for who might be out there. I've seen guys that are far less attractive than me with bigger rooms. I know that personality has everything to do with this but its hard to show personality with no one to talk to. Do I need some sort of gimmick? I'm not sure what's wrong.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Val Vega
Here's my current conundrum. I've cammed on Chaturbate under tons of various names but I've finally decided to try and go part/full time under this name.

In all of my experience camming off and on, and now under a strict schedule over the last 2 weeks, I've noticed something. If I'm dressed and trying to hit a naked goal, no one talks, no one comes in the room (if they do, they leave within a second because of how dead it is). and I pretty much just sit there with little to no interaction or tips until I decide to log off, which is usually 2-3 hours.

Sometimes I'll get frustrated and decide to just get naked (I know that's a no no, we should always be getting paid to be naked) and I'll give you a guess as to what happens. Yep, the room starts to gain some attention. Not a lot. Maybe 4 or 5 more people than what were there in the first place. So far I've only been able to put 50 people in a room over all the time I've been camming, 11 under this brand new account.

Thing is though, in either situation, no one tips! I'll get the dark blue or purple that will tip 1 token here, 2 tokens there, and my first 2 days I was able to muster up a whole 250 tokens!

I don't know what to do. I run apps that spam what I'm offering. I have a descriptive bio. I try to make small talk, no one answers. I tried switching from mornings, to evenings now to try and get a feel for who might be out there. I've seen guys that are far less attractive than me with bigger rooms. I know that personality has everything to do with this but its hard to show personality with no one to talk to. Do I need some sort of gimmick? I'm not sure what's wrong.
Sometimes, a site just isn't a good match. Try Streamate, one of the indie Skype sites, or making clips.

Sometimes, a site just isn't a good match. Try Streamate, one of the indie Skype sites, or making clips.

Yeah. I'm gonna stick it out for at least a whole month before I jump ship. Wanted to know though, what are the indie Skype sites you're talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.