AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The truth in this industry?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, its a question of luck! since looks doesnt seem to play any relevant role on many pl perceptions...and that's why it seems to be always a controversial topic to address
Sorry, misunderstood you. Thought you were trying to say two contradictory things at the same time! There's definitely a strong element of luck I agree, but it's far more than that which gets the top girls where they are.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
yes, its a question of luck

yes, its a question of luck! since looks doesnt seem to play any relevant role on many pl perceptions...

Luck is certainly a big factor in becoming extremely successful a lot of the time, but that's obviously not the entire formula to becoming a top model.

And, yeah, being conventionally attractive and meeting societal beauty norms helps out a lot. However, some people tend to think that the only thing that is considered " conventionally attractive" is being skinny with big tiddies. I can sit here right now and name off the top of my head top cam models who have small breasts or aren't skinny who are objectively attractive and the vast majority of people would agree.

Some other parts of that formula?

Working hard. Putting in a lot of hours, not just in front of the cam, but behind it too. Coming up with creative shows.

Identifying your strong points and playing those up.

And also, having a good/fun/engaging personality, being confident and having a good attitude. I might get some flak for saying this, but a decent amount of the people I've seen consistently complaining about not doing well have shitty ass attitudes. I don't think there's anything wrong with complaining about having a bad day. However, if you're constantly posting on your social feeds or saying in your cam room how terrible camming is and how unfair it is, blaming members for not doing well, shit talking other models who "aren't working as hard as you" and generally being a drag, you're not going to do well. Cam site members want to have a good time when they log on. It's a source of entertainment and spending money on cam models is a luxury expense. Good energy attracts good energy and if you don't have it, you're not going to have a ton of people clambering to spend money on you.

And also, having a good/fun/engaging personality, being confident and having a good attitude. I might get some flak for saying this, but a decent amount of the people I've seen consistently complaining about not doing well have shitty ass attitudes. I don't think there's anything wrong with complaining about having a bad day. However, if you're constantly posting on your social feeds or saying in your cam room how terrible camming is and how unfair it is, blaming members for not doing well, shit talking other models who "aren't working as hard as you" and generally being a drag, you're not going to do well. Cam site members want to have a good time when they log on. It's a source of entertainment and spending money on cam models is a luxury expense. Good energy attracts good energy and if you don't have it, you're not going to have a ton of people clambering to spend money on you.

🙌

and at the end of the day, it's the viewer's attitude/behaviour, interaction with the model, key aspect in all this (imo).

I disagree.

There's always going to be freeloaders, trolls and entitled/rude members. However, at any given time on camsites there's also going to be members wanting to spend money. It's your job to get them to want to spend that money on you.

Hi beautiful! i just wanted to say that i have days too when i’m thinking about quitting. Especially after slow shifts, so i know the feeling blaming everyone and everything for not succeeding.

I don’t think you where trying to put other models down, i think you have a lot of difficult personal things in your live right now and the bad period in camming is just the cherry on the top. But let me tell you, it’s not because you don’t have silicone tits or your appearance in general. There are so many beautiful, successful models who don’t look like you described.

I agree with the ladies who say that the most important thing is having a good attitude. Sometimes it gets easier with some nice music, have a bath before work and putting myself in a good mood. Believe in yourself and the others will do too! What helped me out of this spiral of self doubt was online therapy and people who work in this industry also (and this forum with so many awesome people). I also stepped away from social media a lot because i think it can be toxic too for your mental health.

Years ago before i was a camgirl myself, i always thought that all camgirls making crazy money for just sitting there and being beautiful🤦🏼‍♀️. Boy was i wrong! It’s so hard sometimes! Dealing with douchebag users, the shame from society, hate, fear of getting doxxed or worse.

And babe, never compare yourself with others! You are unique and there will always people who like you for who you are. ❤️

contouring-makeup.gif
You always come through with the best responses.

Way too many words saying the same thing you always say, which is based on your own preferences that you present as global preferences.

OP is verbalizing their frustration based on their own work experiences, and you rock up to type 10k words about what you personally like to see on cams as a viewer. Framed as commentary on the economic state of things. 😂 It's not helpful or useful.

And comparing an adult performer's perspective to that of a child is just weird.

You are not speaking from the male perspective, you are speaking from your own perspective.

Uh, wrong answer....

Unless you're so clueless about raw numbers that you feel "perspective" is at all involved.

That would be akin to suggesting that "perspective" has anything to do with Algebra.

The FACTS are that there are exponentially more camgirls working in 2022 than there were before Covid, and the war in Ukraine.

You need only look at the raw numbers on any of the multitude of websites routinely mentioned here to (have the hard data to recognize as much).

Using the "couples" pages at Chaturbate as one small example: 4 years ago it took some certain unusual point in the average week to see the "couples" options require more than 2 pages of different models... now they are routinely up in the 5 pages and beyond.

You need only chart the raw data relating to how many models are online at any given time, at different points during (lets say the next 2 or 3 years) to see the raw math right in front of your eyes.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Uh, wrong answer....

Unless you're so clueless about raw numbers that you feel "perspective" is at all involved.

That would be akin to suggesting that "perspective" has anything to do with Algebra.

The FACTS are that there are exponentially more camgirls working in 2022 than there were before Covid, and the war in Ukraine.

You need only look at the raw numbers on any of the multitude of websites routinely mentioned here to (have the hard data to recognize as much).

Using the "couples" pages at Chaturbate as one small example: 4 years ago it took some certain unusual point in the average week to see the "couples" options require more than 2 pages of different models... now they are routinely up in the 5 pages and beyond.

You need only chart the raw data relating to how many models are online at any given time, at different points during (lets say the next 2 or 3 years) to see the raw math right in front of your eyes.
What? I am talking about the WAY you ALWAYS show up to type an ENTIRE novel about how we need to EMBRACE our NATURAL BEAUTY. That's what the majority was about, but I didn't want to quote the entire rant because seeing it once is more than enough.

Uh, wrong answer....

please don't mansplain us about our industry. you wanna know some facts?

this isn't the first time the camming industry had a boom in new models. 2008 for example. There are old stripperweb posts complaining about the floodgates then. yes big world events can lead to more people signing up, but you have to learn to adapt to stay consistent in this industry. this has always been a competitive industry that's always growing and changing.

Another fact sexwork is becoming more mainstream by the year, and more people are open to it than ever. Everyone and their grandpa have an onlyfans it seems. Basically less stigmatized.

That brings me to my last fact, the number of active online users is growing by the year. Here's some raw data. www.datareportal.com/global-digital-overview

please don't mansplain us about our industry. you wanna know some facts?

this isn't the first time the camming industry had a boom in new models. 2008 for example. There are old stripperweb posts complaining about the floodgates then. yes big world events can lead to more people signing up, but you have to learn to adapt to stay consistent in this industry. this has always been a competitive industry that's always growing and changing.

Another fact sexwork is becoming more mainstream by the year, and more people are open to it than ever. Everyone and their grandpa have an onlyfans it seems. Basically less stigmatized.

That brings me to my last fact, the number of active online users is growing by the year. Here's some raw data. www.datareportal.com/global-digital-overview

So which is it going to be then, "Perspective" or "facts" ?

Thanks for keeping us current on the trends in online users.

What? I am talking about the WAY you ALWAYS show up to type an ENTIRE novel about how we need to EMBRACE our NATURAL BEAUTY. That's what the majority was about, but I didn't want to quote the entire rant because seeing it once is more than enough.

Where are you getting this???

How is someone who has been on this website precisely nine times in the past year equated with "... ALWAYS show(ing) up..." ???

So which is it going to be then, "Perspective" or "facts" ?

Thanks for keeping us current on the trends in online users.
lol wut? you gave us your perspective earlier. or do you think everything you experience is fact?

you should probably rebel and get offline. may i suggest unplugging your router and disconnecting your data?

How is someone who has been on this website precisely nine times in the past year equated with "... ALWAYS show(ing) up..." ???
basically the nine times this year, you said utter nonsense and it's hilarious. but really unplug your router.

Last edited:
Where are you getting this???

Read better. Always showing up to...

I'm getting it from your own posts, my guy. If you pay me, maybe I will chart the raw data for you.

lol wut? you gave us your perspective earlier. or do you think everything you experience is fact?

you should probably rebel and get offline. may i suggest unplugging your router and disconnecting your data?

basically the nine times this year, you said utter nonsense.

Still , there was insignificant "perspective" involved... it was all a function of raw math.

Raw math based on factual data.

Now whether you or the OP would dare to consider raw math in solving the subject of the perspective created by the OP (which should remain central to this thread) is a variable that raw math itself cannot solve for either one of you.

So each of you will likely need to employ something to enlighten your respective selves as to the raw numbers which created the vast majority of the OP's frustration.

In a way, this could not be more simple.

PS - And try to pay better attention: Nobody said anything about my having been here 9 times this year.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
some of the OP's social position parallels that of a sweet girl in 8th grade, who looks out at the REST of the student body... and thinks that girl's PURSE is better... THAT girl's SHOES are better... this other girl's ELBOWS are better... this other girl's cell phone case is better... the typing teacher types faster... the girls on the basketball team are taller/(somehow "better")... etc. etc.

You're just beating yourself up in words when you start comparing YOUR kneecaps to (the girl with the finest kneecaps online)... and comparing YOUR handbag to that of the girl with the finest handbag online.

you could easily and quickly find SOME model with more appealing eyelashes than yours... you could easily find SOME other model with finer shoes than yours... and still some other model whose hair came out better (after blowdrying) than yours did today...

I cannot fathom how female models decide just who they want to BE in the morning, as they sit in front of their makeup mirrors and begin to erase the natural face that is there, so they can reach a blank canvas, and then begin to paint-on the random face in their mind that hour

There should be "directions" on make-up bottles that say:

"Find YOUR NATURAL UNIQUENESS and then use this stuff to 'accent' THAT... - warning: do not 'erase' your uniqueness cuz that makes it too f'ing difficult to then select what to put there".

If prior to camming, only two humans have ever viewed your post-pubescent naked self... AND if you've always been self-conscious about your dark, meaty vulva... and men from literally all over the world steadily TELL YOU on webcam chat that they TOTALLY ADORE your meaty muff... then STOP the rest of your doubts and RECOGNIZE your own appeal there.

Maybe it's just my feeble female mind not being able to keep up with that of a big man's galaxy brain, but I fail to see how any of those quotes pertain to "raw math". I'd say it's all just skewed, misogynistic and kinda creepy perspective and opinions.

Still , there was insignificant "perspective" involved... it was all a function of raw math.

Raw math based on factual data.

Now whether you or the OP would dare to consider raw math in solving the subject of the perspective created by the OP (which should remain central to this thread) is a variable that raw math itself cannot solve for either one of you.

So each of you will likely need to employ something to enlighten your respective selves as to the raw numbers which created the vast majority of the OP's frustration.

In a way, this could not be more simple.
i enlighten you to unplug your router. do you need raw math on how to?
dfd-png.84220

Last edited:
I'm still trying to figure out what "raw math" is. I've heard of raw data but not math.
Yup, THIS^^^, lol.

Maybe it was a typo for "raw meth"? 😅
(sorry, had to say it - addiction really isn't funny though).
And with that little nugget of a comment, I'm back out again. Too much weirdness for me... and that's saying something!

yes, its a question of luck! since looks doesnt seem to play any relevant role on many pl perceptions...and that's why it seems to be always a controversial topic to address
I saw a movie that had a quote that stings true and it's, genius is magical not material if you don't have the genius no amount of wishing will make it so. You can work as hard as you want and might never be a doctor, lawyer, or president the sad fact of life is wanting something won't make you have it and maybe cam just isn't for you. I'm sure there are many things you will succeed at, this may not be it. The hard work models put into this job to succeed is real, discounting it as luck is offensive. Not trying to be rude just pointing out that we all as SW'ers are selling a fantasy saying it's down to luck is wrong. There's no text book path to success and if you can't be yourself then it's time to move on.

I saw a movie that had a quote that stings true and it's, genius is magical not material if you don't have the genius no amount of wishing will make it so. You can work as hard as you want and might never be a doctor, lawyer, or president the sad fact of life is wanting something won't make you have it and maybe cam just isn't for you. I'm sure there are many things you will succeed at, this may not be it. The hard work models put into this job to succeed is real, discounting it as luck is offensive. Not trying to be rude just pointing out that we all as SW'ers are selling a fantasy saying it's down to luck is wrong. There's no text book path to success and if you can't be yourself then it's time to move on.
ok.. but we "blame" performers/women, men...but they're doing the best they can im sure. they are available, investing their time and energy. cam is not for u ...yes, i agree, if you have no patience at all, to be waiting, then yes, that's not for you, or if you struggle to pay bills either turn this into a part time or quit!
but everyone can shine! and the viewer commands everything. like that camgirl says in capital letters: you know what to do! and like she says also: its not the quantity, it's the quality. that matters! she was meaning: the type of men that shows up...u need luck on ur side to attract quality kind of viewers to show up (im kiddin).. i also switch the perspective. the viewer has to be educated sometimes. but i respect and understand your opinion Emma.

Last edited:
I think it is indeed a matter of luck to have well mannered good tippers to stumble upon your room for the first time, especially when you're in a bad placement. That won't happen though if you don't put in the hours and don't do a good job when they do come in.

The way I see it is, it's kinda like trying to find a rich husband (not my thing, just an example). It is mostly a matter of being in the right place at the right time, but you do have to put yourself there, dress up, be a regular at certain places and say the right things. And that takes quite a lot of effort.

Don't compare yourself to the ones on the front page. Although they do give good shows they are also being promoted. There are girls on the top front page of CB getting thousands of viewers and they are not the hottest. I believe they are getting promoted by a CB team and there is a certain set of features they seem to target to promote. To me many of them look under age and I could pick many that i feel should be in the front page.

I promote CB models using the promotion codes under the share tab. I do this to learn promoting and as tips to the models. I ask them if it is ok to promote some say sure some say no for whatever reason. It excites the room with more users and more followers notices and some tippers. I told many models about their promotion code and all of them knew nothing about it. I do have to say though that character is a special asset that can make a difference. Some are better in front of the webcam than others but I do guarantee that when the room is excited you get excited. Feel free to message me.

Don't compare yourself to the ones on the front page. Although they do give good shows they are also being promoted. There are girls on the top front page of CB getting thousands of viewers and they are not the hottest. I believe they are getting promoted by a CB team and there is a certain set of features they seem to target to promote. To me many of them look under age and I could pick many that i feel should be in the front page.

I promote CB models using the promotion codes under the share tab. I do this to learn promoting and as tips to the models. I ask them if it is ok to promote some say sure some say no for whatever reason. It excites the room with more users and more followers notices and some tippers. I told many models about their promotion code and all of them knew nothing about it. I do have to say though that character is a special asset that can make a difference. Some are better in front of the webcam than others but I do guarantee that when the room is excited you get excited. Feel free to message me.
Whether you personally think they are " not the hottest" isn't determinative of anything.

imo the best thing to do is mind your fucking business. sorry if that sounds harsh. if you are going to watch what other cammodels do while yourself is struggling, it should be for how to improve your stream/hustle. feelings of jealousy are valid and everyone has felt it. we have a personal responsibility not to lash out or push negativity on some literally just existing. harvard business review: envy at work

chaturbate doesnt boost certain models. that is an absurd claim. i believe you are dismissing other models hard work/effort. so what if they paid for a boost? so what if they don't meet your personal standards of beauty/attraction? so what they look young? chaturbate is super strict with models who allegedly look young for their age. every chaturbate model is age verified manually, and now with a bot. they will ban age-verified models for 6 months, then they can reapply after. no other site does that. trolls know of this and mass report models who are most likely of legal age. the forums are filled with models asking for assistance for being banned for looking too young. us models go through more than submitting your id to prove who you are, legally. we also have to submit utility bills to prove once again we are who we say we are on our ID. very very rarely a minor may slip through. not gonna deny it happens. but let's not perpetuate without actual proof other than "they appear to be so."

Status
Not open for further replies.