AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Ultimate Member Survey

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aella

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 30, 2012
NYC
knowingless.com
Twitter Username
@aella_girl
Tumblr Username
aellagirl
THE MEMBER SURVEY IS HEEERE

I learned a lot of things on what not to do with the camgirl survey (I'm still collecting answers - about 20 more girls to go!), and the biggest hindrance is the lack of tons of data. SOOO. Here is the member version.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Z_5xuq ... s/viewform

It should take you about 5 minutes, and you'll answer questions about when you watch, how you watch, what kind of girls you watch, and a few questions about your personality.

And after maybe... 200 answers? I'll take the data and mindrape it until it yields something interesting. And then I'll put it into a shiny photoshop graph thing with bright colors.

And let me know if anything is off or any of the questions are weird/wrong so I can fix it as soon as possible. Thank you!

Aella said:
And let me know if anything is off or any of the questions are weird/wrong so I can fix it as soon as possible. Thank you!

Question three ("Where did you hear about this survey?"), I think AFC is supposed to be ACF.

done. Now you know far too much blackmail material about me. :shock:

Reactions: Aella
I think you could do with refining it somewhat...

Do you only tip models who seem to be 'working for it'? *
No - I like spoiling cute models for the fun of it.
Yes - I prefer to tip models who I think have really earned it through effort.

You have loaded meaning onto an otherwise valid "no" answer.
It isn't "No", where the "no" answer could be because you tip someone because you like them, or care, or just want to see them smile... you've loaded the answers with specific meanings...

You either reward girls who work hard, or spoil the hotties because you can.

My answer would be no, but it is certainly not to spoil them... they struggle to make ends meet. Hardly "spoiling". But they also don't have to do anything in order to receive a tip either (other than talk, but you wouldn't call that "working hard").

There are many other questions where no answer applies, but the answer is required... and many where two answers are valid, but only one is allowed. The best example is what makes you leave the quickest! :D Honestly, all three apply and so just checking one gives an uneven result :p
Likewise, I don't tip for games and raffles at all... but I'm certainly not a guest :p

I don't remember a question asking why I return. I do remember thinking "this was definitely made by a model who is obviously of a demographic!" (Questions and available answers / meanings show various views... and skewed from model perspective). Likewise, there are several responses of "no, i'm a basic/guest" without a single question finding out why they're a basic or guest. What drives them to keep coming back, but not member up? Why don't they do the $20 once only deal, and what exactly do they use the site for if they don't? (and how long).

However, filled in although sorry to say many answers were just to be able to click "next" and so aren't actually reflective whatsoever. Hopefully this sort of filling in behaviour won't be commonplace, as it'll skew results. A lot. However, it isn't the "ultimate" survey as you're missing the largest number of visitors. Those who aren't premium :p

Yes, I've been staring at that particular question. I've been trying to be very careful with the phrasing. I would provide a single 'yes' or 'no' to that question, except the question itself was phrased with possibly partial language I couldn't figure out how to get rid of. Generally the best way to be objective for yes/no questions is to provide a complete possible "answer" for each yes-no question. So "Do you tip models who just seem to need it?" would skew answers towards "yes," while "do you tip models who seem to be working for it?" tips it towards "no."

Not the perfect example, but eh.

I gave far fewer 'options' to choose in this survey than the last - and more subjective answers instead of number-based. With the camgirl one I had many nuances of answers, but in certain circumstances it became difficult to handle the data, so I decided to go with a more simplistic approach on this one. The simplistic approach might turn out to be a worse choice in the long run, but I've gotta wait to go through the data to figure it out. I'm still learning!

The yes/no questions were very deliberate, and I am fully aware there are grey areas between the two.

Yes, this is skewed from a model perspective, because the point of this is, hopefully, to help camgirls figure out how to better serve members according to what they want, and to more thoroughly understand the demographics they're working with. That's why questions are frequently not targeted towards guests/basics, because they contribute only to the room count and not to helping the room move forward with countdowns and the like. However, if you understand this and you think it's skewed in a way that will objectively affect the data, then that's bad and I should fix it.

Figuring out why guests/basics don't sign up apart from money is a difficult question. It's nearly always due to lack of funds or simply not having a high level of interest in tipping for some sort of reaction - and because there are so many models on MFC, with such a high variance between them, it's probably not an answer of "well no model is good enough." Beyond that, though - I don't know.

I decided to not dig further, as I believe I already know the answer, and to actually get anywhere would require several questions that would not apply to premiums.

However - if you have specific examples of questions that are skewed or obviously omitting an answer that should exist, please do tell me. The "working for it" question is a great contribution, and thank you for that. I'm gonna go ponder it some more now, and hopefully change it before too many more people answer it.

Thank you!

Edit: 30 answers later and it's the only question that has a 100% choice on only one answer. I think you're right.

Wow, great initiative. I LOVE DATA :geek:

If you don't want to read the whole paragraphs below, this is the summary: Even if most of my budget goes to sexual things, I think entertainment could pay off with me because fewer models have access to that share of my pocket. However, it's difficult to see it from the survey.

When I read the question "What is most likely to get you to tip a model?" and the alternatives (usually sexual, oftentimes sexual, usually entertainment, always entertainment) and I reply "oftentimes sexual", that answer is hiding that most of the time I tip for sexual things to models that I will see only a few times, because I get bored quickly. On the contrary, I mostly tip for entertainment (and sometimes sexual things) to my few favorite models, and I will stay with them forever (until now, I haven´t changed fav models, just added).

In other words,
Market: my wallet
Segments: mostly sexual / mostly entertainment
Mostly sexual segment: 60% market share, many competitors, high competitors' turnover, low entry barriers
Mostly entertainment segment: 40% market share, few competitors, low competition, high entry barriers

I don't know how the survey could capture this kind of data, so I don't have a suggestion for the survey.

:twocents-02cents:

A few thoughts. First I think it is totally awesome that you are making a survey to actually help models learn more about their customers. :handgestures-salute: :handgestures-salute:

I thought they were many good questions, but like Zoomer a bit frustrated by the answer choices. (I can go into more specifics if you care).

I know there are tons of potential questions and it was already fairly lengthy. However, you ignored content (videos, picture sets etc.) as reason to tip, I know many models get a lot of income from content. I as member sometimes buy content to just to buy content, especially the 30 videos for 200 tokens offers, other times I buy content as an excuse to tip the model. I think it would help models with pricing decisions on content to get some hard data on selling content.

One suggestion, you really should check out surveymonkey.com, even the free version offers a lot of options, and the premium version (which I haven't used in years) had some great capabilities like branching which helps you both drill down as well as makes the survey seem shorter for the participants. For example if you ask up front are you a guest/basic or premium and how long they've been members. You could have a separate questions for basics asking why they don't become premiums, and different questions for new and long time premiums.

Finally, I'll pass on some advice from the smartest woman I ever met, she had a PHd basically in market research and ran market research depts at IBM, Intel and Google. When designing a survey question always keep one thing mind, what will I do differently as a camgirl, if the answer to the question is A instead of B. So for example if 1/2 the members are over 40 than you might play more classic rock and less hip hop, but if 80% are in the 20s ditch the oldies. If a question isn't actionable consider deleting it or changing it.

Of course if this seems like too much work. :twocents-02cents:
tumblr_m8qpc3i4t61qd2dcwo6_500.gif
is always an option. :evil:

Ok, I hope you're not offended if I'm being overly critical here. First real chance I've had to exercise my brain cells all week! ;)

The income question is relative to the currency and the economy in which the member lives. If someone chooses $60K, US, Canadian, or Australian dollars are all pretty close right now. But if it's 60K pesos, pounds sterling, or Euros, that's TOTALLY different. Might I suggest options of unemployed, below poverty line, lower income, medium income, high income, 1 percenter (the rich elite) instead?

Alcohol should be included in the drugs question. Frequency of use, as well.

How much time do you spend on MFC vs. other camsites? *
All or nearly all is on MFC
Most is on MFC
Some is on MFC
I rarely go on MFC

The first 2 options aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

How smart are you? *
Below average
Average
Smart
Fucking genius

Everybody thinks they're a genius, and very few will admit to being below average. Maybe it should reflect actual level of education instead?

I'd be really interested in seeing more about people's token spending patterns. What approximate % of their total tokens does the average member spend on private shows? Groups? Raffles? Special clubs/privileges? Video/photo sets? Merchandise? Towards the model's countdown? To get the model to do something (flash, spank, etc.)?
I know it might get a bit tricky, but I think there's the potential to provide some incredibly useful info for models.

BTW, I hope you liked the Easter egg I left when I filled out the survey, Aella. :lol:

Reactions: TacoBelle
Here are my observations. You asked........

What is most likely to get you to tip a model? *
Usually to get her to do something sexual
Oftentimes for sexual things, but sometimes random entertainment
Usually random entertainment, but sometimes sexual things
Almost always for random entertainment

None of the above. Really, none of those answers apply to why I tip. The most basic reason is because I like the model and because I can.

Do you tip models who cry? *
Yes. I hate seeing girls cry, and if tips help make their day a little bit better, so be it.
Sometimes, if I really like her and I think she's being honest.
No, models who earn tips through crying aren't working very hard.

Loaded answers. Again, none of the above. I would never tip a model just because she is crying. And the crying thing might be a good answer to a later question about what makes a member leave a room.

Do you only tip models who seem to be 'working for it'? *
No - I like spoiling cute models for the fun of it or because they need it.
Yes - I prefer to tip models who I think have really earned it through effort.

Again, loaded answers. Already been adressed. But I can't help myself from expounding further.

"Working for it" is very subjective. What one member may view as earning it, another may view as members "spoiling" the model.

And the word "only" in the question, makes the whole thing irrelevant. I don't tip "only" for anything. One model I may tip just because, another because she's busting her ass, another because I like her ACF posts, another because she did something funny/goofy/etc.

Do you tend to tip for games/raffles? *
Yes, BRING IT ON LADY LUCK
Only sometimes, if the prize is suuuper awesome
Rarely. I'm more deliberate.
I'm a basic/guest.

I never tip for raffles. Sometimes for games. Games and raffles should not be lumped together, two totally different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.