AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, my cam persona is MaryJaneTyler, the GanjaFairy. I market myself asa hippie, which i really am in real life. However my room isn't all about weed. Just becausei may talk about it or smoke it,doesn't mean my life or my chat revolves around it. One thing i have found, is it brings me the gardeners since gardening is a passion of mine as well as non thc related hydro. My room at the end of summer will be filled with grow lights and herbs (as in dill, basil, etc) as well as other vegetation.

Just curious, does it apply to 420 related names or am i going overboard? Honestly, other than not revealing personal info, I'm myself on cam. Honest question on my part because i have gotten negative comments from strangers on cam even with noweed present on cam or even being spoken about.

^Not really sure what you are asking here but I say just keep doing you. Some people will be turned off by it but who cares. I can understand not wanting to be around people that are stoned all the time in real life but it doesn't bother me when camgirls smoke/vape or talk about it. And honestly, I'd rather see a model tweet or talk about herb instead of the usual offline tips or will any of my friends be around to give me money tweets. Only talking about herb would probably get old really fast but I already know that offline tips are awesome, just vaped an eighth of some northern lights is at least different. Immature sure but if it is what a model likes and wants to talk about in her room, cool.

KamikaziKitty said:
Honestly, my cam persona is MaryJaneTyler, the GanjaFairy. I market myself asa hippie, which i really am in real life. However my room isn't all about weed. Just becausei may talk about it or smoke it,doesn't mean my life or my chat revolves around it. One thing i have found, is it brings me the gardeners since gardening is a passion of mine as well as non thc related hydro. My room at the end of summer will be filled with grow lights and herbs (as in dill, basil, etc) as well as other vegetation.

Just curious, does it apply to 420 related names or am i going overboard? Honestly, other than not revealing personal info, I'm myself on cam. Honest question on my part because i have gotten negative comments from strangers on cam even with noweed present on cam or even being spoken about.
Honestly, you'll annoy a certain amount of people doing anything, unless you do nothing but then no one will find you interesting. Actually, correction: Even doing nothing at all will annoy some people, as mentioned more then once in the "annoying things models do" thread!

Is it even that bad losing a custy that would look down on you, be negative or be condescending to you because you have 420 in your name? On the flip side, who knows how many people tuned into you because of it in your name. I wouldn't worry about it or overthink it. If it's useful to you as a topic starter (which can be a difficult thing to find on camsites from what I've seen/read) and it's a topic you don't mind talking about, then I'd keep it.

Personally as a member who doesn't smoke marijuana I couldn't imagine being bothered by someone with 420 in their name, nor think it goes overboard.

KamikaziKitty said:

Well, it's complicated. I do agree with the other posters that you should be yourself and do what makes you comfortable. But be aware that if you market yourself a certain way, you're limiting your audience. This is true for anyone, whether they have "420" or "Mary Jane" in their name or "Footgirl69" or "Anal Jill" or "Pee Fairy" or whatever. When you aggressively aim for one crowd, you're going to lose the people who are not into that thing. You have to decide if you're cool with that.

Honestly, from my perspective, if I see 420 or another pot reference in a name, it usually makes me skip over that model because experience has shown me that I won't be into what she's doing. In my experience, when I have popped into one of these rooms, it's usually a girl doing bong hits while a bunch of non-tippers marvel at how cool she is for being 420-friendly. But that's a limited experience, and your mileage may vary. If it works for you, don't worry about it.

KamikaziKitty said:

I'm glad you're straightforward and honest about it because it clearly tells me not to visit you or your room.

Reactions: KamikaziKitty
ACFFAN69 said:
KamikaziKitty said:

Honestly, you'll annoy a certain amount of people doing anything, unless you do nothing but then no one will find you interesting. Actually, correction: Even doing nothing at all will annoy some people, as mentioned more then once in the "annoying things models do" thread!

Is it even that bad losing a custy that would look down on you, be negative or be condescending to you because you have 420 in your name? On the flip side, who knows how many people tuned into you because of it in your name. I wouldn't worry about it or overthink it. If it's useful to you as a topic starter (which can be a difficult thing to find on camsites from what I've seen/read) and it's a topic you don't mind talking about, then I'd keep it.

Personally as a member who doesn't smoke marijuana I couldn't imagine being bothered by someone with 420 in their name, nor think it goes overboard.

I'm just stumped at certain reactions to something as superficial as a stage name. Focusing on the superficial always bothered me though.

MeekoRaccoon said:
KamikaziKitty said:

I'm glad you're straightforward and honest about it because it clearly tells me not to visit you or your room.

although you could have worded it differently, i can definitely appreciate the sentiment behind it. If anything about a room makes you feel unwelcome, for sure find a girl who suits your ideals better. That's the beauty of cam sites friend.

yossarian said:
KamikaziKitty said:
Well, it's complicated. I do agree with the other posters that you should be yourself and do what makes you comfortable. But be aware that if you market yourself a certain way, you're limiting your audience. This is true for anyone, whether they have "420" or "Mary Jane" in their name or "Footgirl69" or "Anal Jill" or "Pee Fairy" or whatever. When you aggressively aim for one crowd, you're going to lose the people who are not into that thing. You have to decide if you're cool with that.
You do have a point, I'd definitely become a quick fan of "Pee Fairy" just for the name. Regardless of if she was being satirical or actually enjoyed being trapped inside bottles and had a waterworks fetish.

But in all seriousness, I often see advice given here to find a niche. I don't think it's a bad thing to "limit your audience", or better said "put a focus on an audience of like-minded individuals as yourself". Every model limits their audience in many ways be it looks, attitude, avatar, username, or many other attributes. Just by existing your limiting your audience.

It seems to me it's the whole-sum of the little bits of uniqueness of an individual is what brings the tippers in and keeps them there and makes them regulars/fans of a model.

I've seen models of every style/niche/body type/attitude be incredibly successful at camming.

This is a 'Things HELPERS say that make you go "WTF?"

Went into a room tonight of a very nice model. Been in her room before. She's fairly popular. But the chat seemed to be dead. After spending less than 5 minutes in there I don't wonder why. The helpers killed it all.

Just going to summarize the conversation because I don't want to say who she is.

Helper ONE: posts her twitter address in the room
Helper TWO: posts about 200 characters of her tip menu with all the things to be tipping for.
Other Person 1: greets model
Helper TWO: Mentions how great some of the tip items are
Other Person 2: greets model :wave
JerryBoBerry: Greets model
Helper ONE: greets other people in room
Helper TWO: Posts in room to buy models phone number, also web address for personal site and to buy her videos at another site
Other Person 2: small talk
JerryBoBerry: talks about what he's been doing today after model asked
Helper TWO: posts to be sure to follow model and gives twitter address again
JerryBoBerry: chit chat
Helper TWO: prompts the room to tip the big tips to be able to join models club levels.
JerryBoBerry: chit chat again
Helper ONE: reposts that long ass two line long tip menu again
Helper TWO: reminds the room of the address to get the models vids because she has 'lots of new vids'
Other Person 2: small talk
Helper ONE: Tells everyone the link Helper TWO just posted is the models manyvids account and be sure to check it out.

This is exemplary of how the conversation goes in her room many times I've visited. The helpers just dominated the conversation so no one else even felt like joining in. Then the model just sat there quietly and exacerbated the quiet because no one was 'talking.'

I'm just going to be blatantly clear about this because it's nearly 3am and no fucks are currently being given. This right here is why i hate the fucking helpers in a room. Models, if you allow helpers like that in your room you've got problems. Those freaking idiots make me want to wring their pansy necks till they turn blue. I hate them with a passion. Most every time I see them my first thought is to get the hell out of that room. And I imagine many other people feel the same way. If you have a helper and a low room count all the time, that may be part of the problem.

To the pansy ass helpers of the room. You do not help the model you are trying to help. You are a hindrance to her in every way if you act remotely 'cheerleader' like that. The best help you could ever be is to never be a helper again cause you suck at it.

This was a model I like, I have taken her private. I consider her nice and friendly. But 5 minutes of the helper bullshit and the idea of going back to her room brings bile to my mouth. Even if I put you lily-livered Helpers on ignore you've stained my thoughts toward the model just because she allowed your asinine stupidity to happen in the first place.

Note: this isn't about the normal acting helpers who just do stuff quietly and unobtrusively. If I don't know you're the helper, yay-fucking-dippity-doo, carry on.

Ref. the 420 thing. I find it really interesting how people react differently to this. I haven't smoked in over 6 months but can't imagine ever being on cam high.

I would first look blankly into the screen.
Then I'd get paranoid and be sure that I went to school with everyone that is in my room right that second.
Then I'd start laughing like an idiot.
Then I'd be reading interesting stuff on wikipedia and completely forget I am broadcasting.
And then I'd get hungry, order pizza and log off to watch netflix.
It would feel like forever for me but in reality it would only be a short 10 mins wtf cam-session. :mrgreen:

Ann_Sulu said:
JickyJuly said:
JoleneBrody said:
PunkInDrublic said:
MeekoRaccoon said:
I just checked the Twitter feed of an attractive MFC cammer and it was saturated with comments about how much weed she was going to smoke. Ewwwwww. Such a turnoff. So much for being attractive.
Wasn't aware that getting high was that big of a turn off for some. Or is it because she is just really into herb/talks about it all the time? She could be working a stoner gimmick. Like the Cheech and Chong of camgirls. Not sure if pandering to stoners is what's best for business but she sounds pretty awesome tbh.
The stoner market is SO BIG! I'm not sure if it's a big PAYING market, but it's a huge market regardless!
I'm guessing it pays well. Lots of stoners in the world. Lots of expensive bongs flying off shelves in headshops. Expensive vaporizers. Plus, stoners are good at sharing. They have that kind of sense of community and a shared secret. It's probably a pretty genius way to sell yourself if you fit into it. Stoners are almost always kind of polite too.

Quite a few told me they wouldn't watch me anymore, because they didn't know I smoked, and didn't "like to see any form of drug".

But I'm guessing alcohol, or junk food, or any other 'approved' vice would have been just fine.

MeekoRaccoon said:

Ouch...

gingerhobbit said:
Ann_Sulu said:
JickyJuly said:
JoleneBrody said:
The stoner market is SO BIG! I'm not sure if it's a big PAYING market, but it's a huge market regardless!
I'm guessing it pays well. Lots of stoners in the world. Lots of expensive bongs flying off shelves in headshops. Expensive vaporizers. Plus, stoners are good at sharing. They have that kind of sense of community and a shared secret. It's probably a pretty genius way to sell yourself if you fit into it. Stoners are almost always kind of polite too.

Quite a few told me they wouldn't watch me anymore, because they didn't know I smoked, and didn't "like to see any form of drug".

But I'm guessing alcohol, or junk food, or any other 'approved' vice would have been just fine.

When I first started camming I drank for my first 6 months, and did insanely poorly, so I don't think that helps either. I did tips for shots...the whole shabang. Also, when I eat on cam...tips stop. I know there are guys out there who are into eating as a fetish, but they so rarely seem to stop by my room that I went to making sure I always eat before logging on to work.

I'm sure it works for some models, but my income was pretty much in the toilet until I stopped. My camscore got down to the 400's when I drank, I did better with weed around 1500.

MeekoRaccoon said:
I just checked the Twitter feed of an attractive MFC cammer and it was saturated with comments about how much weed she was going to smoke. Ewwwwww. Such a turnoff. So much for being attractive.
For future reference, most girls have it listed right on their profile under: "Smoke: herb". You could avoid these unattractive girls by checking that.

I personally smoke weed occasionally to help me sleep as I suffer from anxiety and cannot shut my brain off at night. Never on cam as it makes me sleepy and the opposite of entertaining. If that's unattractive to you then that's totally fine, but I don't get how saying "time to smoke weed" on Twitter is a "WTF" type of thing to say.

To each their own I guess?!

NicoleRiley said:
MeekoRaccoon said:
For future reference, most girls have it listed right on their profile under: "Smoke: herb". You could avoid these unattractive girls by checking that.

I personally smoke weed occasionally to help me sleep as I suffer from anxiety and cannot shut my brain off at night. Never on cam as it makes me sleepy and the opposite of entertaining. If that's unattractive to you then that's totally fine, but I don't get how saying "time to smoke weed" on Twitter is a "WTF" type of thing to say.

Probably just me, but I get turned off when she says "time to strangle puppies." On the other hand, "time to carve the ham" totally gives me wood.

NicoleRiley said:
MeekoRaccoon said:

To be fair, though, there's a difference between "smokes herb" and "smokes herb constantly on cam and won't shut the fuck up about it." I know lots of models who have it listed on their profile but don't do it on cam. So avoiding models who say they smoke isn't necessarily a fix-all, and will cause someone to miss out on a lot of great models they might like.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
yossarian said:
NicoleRiley said:
MeekoRaccoon said:

To be fair, though, there's a difference between "smokes herb" and "smokes herb constantly on cam and won't shut the fuck up about it." I know lots of models who have it listed on their profile but don't do it on cam. So avoiding models who say they smoke isn't necessarily a fix-all, and will cause someone to miss out on a lot of great models they might like.
What I got from his post was that any girl who smokes herb is no longer attractive. Regardless of whether they do it on cam or not. This may be a good solution that works for people who feel this way.

NicoleRiley said:
yossarian said:
NicoleRiley said:
MeekoRaccoon said:

What I got from his post was that any girl who smokes herb is no longer attractive. Regardless of whether they do it on cam or not. This may be a good solution that works for people who feel this way.
It's fascinating to me that someone can find a girl who drinks alcohol attractive but not a girl who smokes weed. In my experience, I am much more clear headed while high than drunk. Drinking makes me sloppy and emotional and it's a lot more unhealthy. I actually feel like I'm even more clear headed while high than sober sometimes. I'm curious to know the logic for people who feel that way.

PlayboyMegan said:
It's fascinating to me that someone can find a girl who drinks alcohol attractive but not a girl who smokes weed. In my experience, I am much more clear headed while high than drunk. Drinking makes me sloppy and emotional and it's a lot more unhealthy. I actually feel like I'm even more clear headed while high than sober sometimes. I'm curious to know the logic for people who feel that way.

I think that calling it logic is being a little generous. Usually, when people are objecting to certain 'moral' behavior, it is based on knee-jerk emotion, not any actual thought. But that's how we do it in 'MURICA!

PlayboyMegan said:
The only thing that bothers me about habitual partakers is having the same conversation with them. Over. And over. Yeah we talked about that last night dude. FFS. Potheads have the short term memory of a 70 year old (in my experience).

Kradek said:
PlayboyMegan said:
The only thing that bothers me about habitual partakers is having the same conversation with them. Over. And over. Yeah we talked about that last night dude. FFS. Potheads have the short term memory of a 70 year old (in my experience).

Which is both funny and annoying when they tell you that it help with memory loss...over and over again. Sorry I don't dislike stoners (and truly believe medical marijuana can help people), but when it's something like that I just can't stop groaning when they want to be taken seriously. :lol:

Much agreed though that alcohol is waaaay worse. Weed made me lethargic and not wanting to do things, alcohol for me at least was consistent from the bad decisions, kidney stones, and I don't even want to think about how I was treating my liver at the time.

PlayboyMegan said:

I find moderately drunk camgirls to be more entertaining and fun than moderately stoned camgirls. Alcohol tends to make people more extroverted and often more horny which on a cam is good thing. Pot makes most people more introverted and just isn't as entertaining to watch. I find camgirls who are totally shitfaced or super high to be more painful to watch than fun so I don't.

Personally I feel more clear headed when I do neither. While I have known a number of folks who swear they are better when there high, I think with the possible exception of artistic things, they are deluding themselves. Most of the research shows that being high doesn't have a significant effect on the accuracy of cognitive skills, but does make you slower.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20600251 Which means that on cam doing important but not interesting things to watch like, sending out videos or setting topic take longer.

About a few weeks ago, there was this black chick on Chaturbate who was sucking off a white dude. In the profile, they said that they were trying to raise 500 dollars before a given day because "Oregon" had taken her dog away, and they wanted to get it back. I don't know whether it was true or not, but if it was true, then it was pretty sad. :( I hope that the dog's okay.

I stayed smoking in college, quit for the military, and now do use it medicinally for anxiety. I've gone through the pharmaceuticals but the side effects ranged from beyond annoying to outright hazardous (anxiety turning to suicidal tendencies). I don't drink anymore and I'm exactly the same after smoking only less terrified of social interaction.

To each their own on preference and i will never fault someone for watching me over cannabis. I'm more put off by people (like above) who have never been to my room making snap judgements. I spend time talking about music, how my tomatoes and zucchini are doing, hooping, and nature love than anything smoking related.

I have been ina girls room who was just too stoned to function. I want a fan but her fans were so cool. I personally have a hard time with models who do tips for shots. Killing your liver and acting like a fool for money is detrimental to your physical and mental health. It hurts to watch.

noob101 said:
About a few weeks ago, there was this black chick on Chaturbate who was sucking off a white dude. In the profile, they said that they were trying to raise 500 dollars before a given day because "Oregon" had taken her dog away, and they wanted to get it back. I don't know whether it was true or not, but if it was true, then it was pretty sad. :( I hope that the dog's okay.

What was the WTF part? "Oregon"?

DuoShi said:
noob101 said:

What was the WTF part? "Oregon"?

Damn that Oregon...always being so green.

PlayboyMegan said:

There are no long-term effects with moderate alcohol use. Smoking marijuana has had proven deleterious effects on the hippocampus.

FWIW, I feel the same about real smoking. All I can see is someone's blackened and tarred lungs under that chest. Yuck.

PlayboyMegan said:
Also I would speculate that someone who touts the merits of hookahs aren't exactly neutral on the subject.

http://www.playboytubes.com/2331-megan-medellin-puffs-hookah-nude

MeekoRaccoon said:
PlayboyMegan said:

There are no long-term effects with moderate alcohol use. Smoking marijuana has had proven deleterious effects on the hippocampus.

FWIW, I feel the same about real smoking. All I can see is someone's blackened and tarred lungs under that chest. Yuck.
The studies I've seen about damage to the hippocampus has to do with underage people and unborn fetuses, not on adults. The same can be said about alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.