AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

this is not like other love stories with a camgirl

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(there was a moment she mentioned the money needed for a passport and I flagged it to myself as a red alert... but it was during a overall discussion about her future, I almost felt bad being to "mean-minded" on that occasion)
Well, keep your guard up. I'm not saying you are the mark for a long con, but it's quite possible she is seeing some ... err ... opportunities in you.

I had this same experience once, where a cam model I was a regular with (short version) started communicating with me outside her working hours, only to drop the "I need money for X" bomb after a few months. Maybe she actually liked me, trusted me and did some extrapolating on all the tokens I had dropped on her, and then figuring the begging for money was a safe thing. I don't know, but I cut her off. It was so obvious that I was money manifest to her, or a ticket out of wherever. I have lots of needs, but a russian trophy wife is not one of them (I'm over 50).

If you want to continue visiting camgirls make some ground rules for yourself, or you'll end up in a very bad place.

And if you are still talking like this six months from now and your bank account is intact, come back and tell us. Because in that case you at least made a good internet friend 😊

Reactions: anotherUnreal
no. She is from South America.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh that explains it and why so fast.
I mean no disrespect to the women because some are genuinely kind and stunning but they are probably the worst when it comes to scams and to them $20 is "a lot" so that makes much more sense now that she added you after only that small amount.
Honestly, you would have more chance from a Russian Doll, who only wants a Billionaire.

Personally now, I would 100% tell you to avoid.

Reactions: DoD404
I mean no disrespect to the women because some are genuinely kind and stunning but they are probably the worst when it comes to scams and to them $20 is "a lot" so that makes much more sense now that she added you after only that small amount.
Honestly, you would have more chance from a Russian Doll, who only wants a Billionaire.

you didnt even get the country or city before saying that xD.

Some are, some aren't. I've been asked by more EE models than SA models for money.

Reactions: MarieElise and Pia
I think what users need to remember is this is a model’s business. And, that’s not the same as a “scam” ... businesses should be expected to try and keep clients, for the purpose of making future “sales” (for lack of a more cold & heartless term.. lol).

I am on the mailing lists/social media of a lot of businesses. Sometimes they reach out just to say hello. Its a kind gesture. I enjoy it. But I know it’s because I spend money with them. No big deal.

Same with models. I keep in touch with a select few when they’re not working. It’s friendly, it’s nice, and I enjoy joking around with them “off the clock.” There’s a vibe of friendship. But it’s still their business. Not a romance. Not even a “scam” (but I do understand that’s a problem for some).

It’s a model giving extra attention to a client. Which even in a business, non-friendship sense, is still kind of nice. But some guys also forget they’re not the only client.

Well, personally only a few users get to know my contact info and there might be two reasons, the first one is when they actually paid for it/won it / bought sth so there's a business rationale and I might send three emails/messages per year (holidays and user's bday) I try not to be really chatty and I mention if I have new content or next plans for my online shows so user senses that I meant to give a kind reminder of our business relationship. On the other hand, the second reason why I might provide my contact info is when user and I draw the line between us and respect each other without asking shit one to another. What do I take into consideration? When user respects my privacy as I do with him, like a REAL chat with friends. When user learns that I'm married, despite I cam with my husband many tend to annoy me with stupid comments.

I know a super nice man who used to be a regular but then never came back to my shows, still we message once in a while, I don't charge so he doesn't pay and that's okay, he's super respectful we just talk about our cats lol. And yeah... as an Arabic-European-Latina girl... I tend to be super chatty, friendly, and warm but as users should consider that fact, models shouldn't keep a convo with a man who confesses love and have arguments* with you, like wtf??.... it will drain you.

Sorry for my super long answer, don't expect for you to read it... maybe I just wanted to spit it out xD

*I've had arguments with users but only because they've paid me for that xD

I know a super nice man who used to be a regular but then never came back to my shows, still we message once in a while, I don't charge so he doesn't pay and that's okay, he's super respectful we just talk about our cats lol. And yeah... as an Arabic-European-Latina girl... I tend to be super chatty, friendly, and warm but as users should consider that fact, models shouldn't keep a convo with a man who confesses love and have arguments* with you, like wtf??.... it will drain you.

Sorry for my super long answer, don't expect for you to read it... maybe I just wanted to spit it out xD

I read the entire thing... good info! I think it’s also a nice counterbalance to the whole “guys falling for cam models” issue, knowing that occasionally, a customer and a model can be friends just because they’re both nice people. Restores some faith in humanity, amidst all these cautionary tales of irrational expectations. Sometimes, people can just make friends without any weirdness... how about that? :)

*I've had arguments with users but only because they've paid me for that xD

I think it’s called a “marriage fetish.” 😂

My Question Is: Can I write off cosmetic injections when I do my taxes?? Anybody?

Probably not, since it's not specific to work.

But, how is this even related to a love story with a camgirl? If you have questions, you can either use the forum search to find answers. Or, start a new thread in a related subforum.

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
not specially Bilionaires.
Some from Est Europe only need hardly a way to go elsewhere and be able to work, out of there, whatever you earn.
I have good examples in my neighborhood, some are kind :)

(and also few left after a while with furnitures and apartment sold ^^).

Reactions: NotYou
Maybe shes from chile for example, a long con after 20 bucks would be highly unlikely.
The odds are in favour of Colombia. Whenever I see a South American model that isn't from Colombia, I always do a double take.
But ... "Colombian cam model" is a very poor yardstick by which to measure anything. White model from Cali? Costeña mestizo? Indian from Armenia? Colombia is anything but culturally and demographically homogenous. It's also an extraordinarily beautiful country, but I have yet to talk to any Colombian(a) who doesn't love it to death and at the same time being totally fed up with the whole thing. I can certainly sympathize with them wanting to leave.

USD 20 isn't much in Colombia either though, so I'm secretly curious about this ...

The most interesting thing is...
He said that he spent around $20.
If it was an on-site payment,
she got around $10.

Where in the world is
this amount considered
big enough
to even start a con?
I just can't wrap my head
around that simple fact.

So, OP, either your friendship
with the model is real
or she's extremely cheap.

P.S. I understand
that the whole poverty thing
sucks big time
but I highly doubt
that ANY model
in their right mind
would start a con
and keep it going for weeks
before requesting
some sort of payment
to get a mediocre
McDonald's burger
and, perhaps, a drink
during the "happy hours".

That's some new level of insanity.

• Funny!
Reactions: Mila_
The most interesting thing is...
He said that he spent around $20.
If it was an on-site payment,
she got around $10.

Where in the world is
this amount considered
big enough
to even start a con?
I just can't wrap my head
around that simple fact.

So, OP, either your friendship
with the model is real
or she's extremely cheap.

The only reason why I question the whole thing is that he stated they are "dating" and met on CB and have stated they have feelings for each other after only a month. Yet, they have not met in person. Now, I do know that it's possible to have feeling for someone you haven't met yet. But, I am not saying this is a con. It just seems like your typical internet infatuation that could occur with people who are not sex workers.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
It just seems like your typical internet infatuation that could occur with people who are not sex workers.
Other than this place possibly being the worst place in the world to discuss it, who's to say. On the one hand I feel kinda sorry for the guys that come here to spill their guts and be met with laughter by thick skinned veteran cam models whose BS filters are probably completely clogged up by now, but on the other hand I'm facepalmimg myself sore that they didn't do any research to anticipate it.

But I get the model's point of view. I'm leaning towards cynicism myself in most of what I do, because somebody always wants something from you. It's how stuff works.

“Colombian cam model" is a very poor yardstick by which to measure anything. White model from Cali? Costeña mestizo? Indian from Armenia? Colombia is anything but culturally and demographically homogenous.

I can’t claim to know much about their country or its culture, but sometimes the generalizations I read about its models make me sad for the good models that get lumped in with the bad.

My experience as a customer has been largely positive. I’m confident that a lot of those women are good people who aren’t trying to con anyone. There are gold diggers in the U.S. too, but lumping all of our women in with them would be wrong.

I’m not saying customers should let their guard down. Scammers exist, for sure. But I feel like the good ones deserve the benefit of the doubt unless/until they actually do something sketchy.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
I can’t claim to know much about their country or its culture, but sometimes the generalizations I read about its models make me sad for the good models that get lumped in with the bad.
Yes, it's "buyer beware" here as with everything else. Also keep in mind that Colombia has a large contingency of refugees/migrants/whatever from Venezuela, and they invariably pose as Colombians on cam. Let's just say that their behaviour and sense of entitlement is somewhat different from the garden variety working class native Colombian camgirl. Same as you, I have a largely positive experiences with Colombianas.

Other than this place possibly being the worst place in the world to discuss it, who's to say. On the one hand I feel kinda sorry for the guys that come here to spill their guts and be met with laughter by thick skinned veteran cam models whose BS filters are probably completely clogged up by now, but on the other hand I'm facepalmimg myself sore that they didn't do any research to anticipate it.

But I get the model's point of view. I'm leaning towards cynicism myself in most of what I do, because somebody always wants something from you. It's how stuff works.

It isn't just models that have the BS filters on, many of us members who have been here for a fair amount of time have seen countless threads posted by people all claiming their situation is unique. Yet, nearly every one of them turns out to be nearly identical when you break down key things like I've done in this post and others. I'm a rather analytical person by nature, and some would say that I'm almost cold hearted because of it. I'm just being very much a realist when I see repeated signs that it may be a scam or nothing more than infatuation/lust. I'm sure many of us have been there with others, though not necessarily with sex workers. There's been many times I've developed feeling for a woman I've come to know online (not referring to cam model). But, I also know that it most likely wouldn't work due to various reasons.

My experience as a customer has been largely positive. I’m confident that a lot of those women are good people who aren’t trying to con anyone. There are gold diggers in the U.S. too, but lumping all of our women in with them would be wrong.

I’m not saying customers should let their guard down. Scammers exist, for sure. But I feel like the good ones deserve the benefit of the doubt unless/until they actually do something sketchy.

Exactly, I have had very positive experiences with a couple of models from Columbia and Eastern European models over the years even though both regions have become known for scams. The same holds true for Romania.

I give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Though, not blindy. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you for this post.
I think so too.

I'm neither
from Colombia/South America
nor from Eastern European countries
(I'm bad at geography,
is Romania considered EE?
If not,
I'm not from Romania neither,
FYI).

But it's honestly heartbreaking
that some people
think SO bad about others
only because they MAY BE
from a certain regions.

Yeah, sure.
There are a legit reasons
for all kinds of stereotypes.

But let's be compassionate
for a second.
They didn't choose
their countries.
They didn't choose
their nationalities.

Yes, it's necessary
to warn members
that there are many scams around.
And that most of these scams
are widely common
in some regions.

But making assumptions
and joking about a model
based on her alleged country
when the OP even
hasn't managed to mention
a model's country yet,
is a little over the top
and even may come off
as nationalistic.

What's up with bashing OP? A cam girl is, you know, a girl. Sometimes boys and girls fall in love. As long as she's enthusiastically responding and saying he loves him, what's the problem?

I mean, long distance relationships are boring AF in my opinion but that's none of my business heheh, good luck OP

Reactions: CheeseMoon
What's up with bashing OP? A cam girl is, you know, a girl. Sometimes boys and girls fall in love. As long as she's enthusiastically responding and saying he loves him, what's the problem?

I mean, long distance relationships are boring AF in my opinion but that's none of my business heheh, good luck OP

The problem is everyone with this "problem" likes to ask us the same stupid question ignoring the now pinned thread that would answer there questions.

We are tired of coddling these dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.