AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

tipping cycles

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2011
I've been chatting with a few models who have noticed a big slowdown in tips recently, especially the last month or so... Has anyone noticed any seasonal cycles in tipping? Is this current lull something that happens every year? I was thinking it might be related to income taxes being due in about 2 weeks.

I was also wondering if people noticed pay cycles as well... I feel like as payday comes closer, there are more models working longer hours and doing more things for less tokens. I know human nature says take a few days off then work hard when the check is about to come in, but wouldn't it be better to be camming early in the pay cycle when there's less competition and customers probably recently got their paychecks as well?

Just trying to figure out the cycles a bit, I'd love to hear experiences and any theories you guys have.

It's a crapshoot, really. The holidays are a little slower, but that is sometimes offset by some members being overly generous. I've also noticed that things trickle down in the summer when people are outside more.

But there's always SOMETHING going on that can cause a tip slow down, like sports, taxes, tv specials, etc. As a model we're always trying to blame bad nights or weeks or months on these things, or to anticipate the slow down that will accompany them. But MFC is such a random random place and I'm not sure what good over anazlying all of this really does.

*shrug*

Oh, and yeah, the end of pay periods are insane! Especially the end of the month when models are trying to secure their Top 20 spots. I know a lot of girls who plan to not cam during these times because it's so crazy. I usually don't cam the last day of a pay period but sometimes I need to get my check as big as I can so I do anyways.

Search function is good, there's some pretty big posts about tip slowdowns and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.