AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tipping Etiquette

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2013
twitter.com
I have a question that bothers me personally and would love to get the models input. When I go into a room that I intend to spend time in, especially if I'm a regular, I feel I should tip. If the model is just talking or playing games or working a countdown or whatever, and I'm having a good time being in her room, I think I should tip her for her efforts. This may be just me, but I feel bad when I sit in a room and can't tip, especially if a model is having a slow night. But, like everyone, there are days when I don't have tokens or the extra cash to buy tokens. So, usually, I won't even log on to MFC (which is where I like to frequent) because I can't tip.

My question is, in the case of room regulars, would you prefer them showing up and chatting and not being able to tip you or would you rather them wait until they do have tokens to tip?

ILikeUonTop said:
I have a question that bothers me personally and would love to get the models input. When I go into a room that I intend to spend time in, especially if I'm a regular, I feel I should tip. If the model is just talking or playing games or working a countdown or whatever, and I'm having a good time being in her room, I think I should tip her for her efforts. This may be just me, but I feel bad when I sit in a room and can't tip, especially if a model is having a slow night. But, like everyone, there are days when I don't have tokens or the extra cash to buy tokens. So, usually, I won't even log on to MFC (which is where I like to frequent) because I can't tip.

My question is, in the case of room regulars, would you prefer them showing up and chatting and not being able to tip you or would you rather them wait until they do have tokens to tip?

In my room, I get really really depressed when there's no one to talk to. Also: A great active and funny chat is something that draws people into my room.. So you're helping me out when you're in there actively participating in chat and having fun.

Tokens are always good, but if you're a regular tipper especially - you don't have to worry in my room if you're broke some of the time. I get it.

ILikeUonTop said:

If you usually tip, I'm never going to accuse you of being a freeloader. However, if you tipped 20 tokens two weeks ago, and still come watch my show every day, that's when you're a freeloader. But if you're a chatty freeloader you're ahead of all the other freeloaders. ROFL!

Also, speaking as a new model, with very few regulars: I'm grateful for anyone who comes in my room and chats, regardless of tips. It keeps me from sitting there like a zombie. Even with no tips, I'd rather be chatting than sitting there.

edit
Miss_Lollipop said:
Also: A great active and funny chat is something that draws people into my room.. So you're helping me out when you're in there actively participating in chat and having fun.
Also this! Definitely this! :)

Also, you sound like a great member! I like your attitude about tips and whatnot. :) Your models you frequent must be grateful! :D

Any model answering this thread will only be able to answer for herself. Thanks for being a courteous member, you seem to be doing things right so far :thumbleft:
Keep in mind that asking a model directly if she's okay with you hanging out without tipping is probably going to make her feel very on the spot and she may not be comfy answering honestly!

I think Jillybean realyl hit the nail on the head!

Generally speaking, so long as a guy tips regularly and I like him as a person, I'm okay with him hanging out without tipping. But if he started making a habit of it, or expecting special attention I would feel like he was taking advantage of my friendship. When this has happened to me before, it started to make me feel jaded and wary of getting close to my regulars, because I felt like any time I showed that I liked someone, they'd take advantage of me. No model wants to feel like that :( Thankfully right now I have a pretty cool group of regs who respect my job and can still get along famously with me and each other :)

Disclaimer: I understand not everyone has money for entertainment/luxuries all the time. But when it becomes chronic & severe, maybe a camgirl's room isnt a good place to be.

ILikeUonTop said:

I don't want my regulars to feel like they can ONLY visit when they have tokens. I like having people in my room who will actually talk to me, so if you can't tip tonight, that is not a problem for me.

ILikeUonTop said:

I was in this situation a couple of months ago and it drove me nuts. I tweeted that I was going to stay off of MFC until I could buy some more tokens and some of my model friends tweeted back that having me in their room for conversational purposes far outweighed my temporary freeloader status. So as long as you intend to start tipping again eventually, I think most models will cut you some slack. :twocents-02cents:

I've been in your situation
times that I was broke and unable to tip, I stayed away for a bit... fortunately a few models who were/are familiar with me have said that it's ok that I can come by and hang out sans tokens. One even said "it's ok, you've paid your dues"
buy tokens and tip when you can afford to, and you'll be golden
just don't be a needy asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.