AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips for new model on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

As a new model, what would be a reasonable tip price for a boob flash?

Votes: 18 25.7%

Votes: 12 17.1%

Votes: 40 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ellabellaxoxo

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 17, 2016
MFC Username
ellabellaxoxo
Hi everyone!

I just started broadcasting on MFC two days ago and I'm really excited to get started, but at the same time I'm kind of stressing myself out because I feel that there is so much for me to learn. I've been doing a lot of research (still am) but I still have lots of questions.

What can I do to engage my audience? The first time that I broadcasted I had a better turn out that my last time, because I can't think of what to say! When there is no one interacting with me on the main feed, what am I supposed to talk about?

Also what are some things that I can do to make tips? I understand that the topic should have some things listed, but I'm in need of ideas :)

Reactions: ZoeSlave
First I would suggest getting approved for the models only forum. There are a ton of posts that you can read through. It really would be the easiest way.

Since none of us have seen you cam it will be hard to say how you can improve or what you can do. But here are some tips.

Make sure you have a great cam.
Make sure you have great lighting.
Music.
Conversation.
Mute guests and basics.
Turn off PM'S and only accept PM from people who have already tipped. Even then don't spend too much time in PM because your room will look boring.

I've noticed 2 extremes with new models. The model who doesn't even respond to people who don't tip...and the model who caters to freeloaders. It's a fine balance. Conversation in your room is a good thing. I have some members who NEVER tip but they are funny and they keep my room fun. These people ARE important....especially to a new model room. But it's a fine balance. I wouldn't discuss anything sexual with them. Only current events, hobbies or "bar chat" that will appeal to everyone who comes into the room.

I hope this helps...but it really is a good idea to get approved for models only:)

I couldn't answer the question because all of those answers are reasonable prices for a boob flash. 2000tks is an unreasonable price for a boob flash. Unless you're a non nude model LOL

everything crazycatlady said is helpful ... i didnt have anything to add except to dive in and research, watch, learn. Watch other camgirls, read the forums, read some more...

hello girlS.. I am also new. I started camming two days ago. I am NON NUDE and my plan is keep being non nude.. Ive been watching a lot girls doing crazy shows and I have noticed that sometimes they dont even get tips. I know is hard being non nude. I know I can do it.. if you girls could help me by giving me some advices about it . I will appreciate them a lot...kisses AMY

Reactions: Xxpinkylooxx
This may sound rude but trust me, you'll understand some day.

The best advice I can give to new models is to learn how to find your own answers. Yeah forums are great for help when it come to technology, webcam information, technical glitches, work arounds and features... as well as a great place to make friends with a plethora of different stories BUT everyone is different, and there is no one, two or 6 ways to succeed... you just have to find your own identity and voice and that is likely going to require many failures and tears. You have to build character, especially on sites like MFC. Some rare unicorns show up with that "X" factor and just have it from the start but the majority of us are the ones who pushed through the failures and learned from them instead of giving up.

The best advice I can give to new models is to learn how to find your own answers. Yeah forums are great for help when it come to technology, webcam information, technical glitches, work arounds and features... as well as a great place to make friends with a plethora of different stories BUT everyone is different, and there is no one, two or 6 ways to succeed... you just have to find your own identity and voice and that is likely going to require many failures and tears. You have to build character, especially on sites like MFC. Some rare unicorns show up with that "X" factor and just have it from the start but the majority of us are the ones who pushed through the failures and learned from them instead of giving up.
You articulated that so so well! I just want to quote you exactly every time I get asked how to be a good cammodel, thankyou!

First I would suggest getting approved for the models only forum. There are a ton of posts that you can read through. It really would be the easiest way.

Since none of us have seen you cam it will be hard to say how you can improve or what you can do. But here are some tips.

Make sure you have a great cam.
Make sure you have great lighting.
Music.
Conversation.
Mute guests and basics.
Turn off PM'S and only accept PM from people who have already tipped. Even then don't spend too much time in PM because your room will look boring.

I've noticed 2 extremes with new models. The model who doesn't even respond to people who don't tip...and the model who caters to freeloaders. It's a fine balance. Conversation in your room is a good thing. I have some members who NEVER tip but they are funny and they keep my room fun. These people ARE important....especially to a new model room. But it's a fine balance. I wouldn't discuss anything sexual with them. Only current events, hobbies or "bar chat" that will appeal to everyone who comes into the room.

I hope this helps...but it really is a good idea to get approved for models only:)
I've actually found that leaving basics unmuted (at least for now -- just exiting out of the New Model phase) has been beneficial for me to keep a conversation going when no one else is chatting. I know they can't tip, but it's more comfortable than silence and can be entertaining to the rest of the chat. And who knows.. maybe I can be the one to turn a basic into a premium based on our conversations. Of course, definitely prioritize attention to the premiums when the room is chatty though. Eventually I'm sure I'll have to go back to muting basics once I can't keep up with too many conversations.

I've actually found that leaving basics unmuted (at least for now -- just exiting out of the New Model phase) has been beneficial for me to keep a conversation going when no one else is chatting. I know they can't tip, but it's more comfortable than silence and can be entertaining to the rest of the chat. And who knows.. maybe I can be the one to turn a basic into a premium based on our conversations. Of course, definitely prioritize attention to the premiums when the room is chatty though. Eventually I'm sure I'll have to go back to muting basics once I can't keep up with too many conversations.

^^This. I like basics unmuted when I'm first getting things going. They seem to help build a room with a friendly environment when they're chatting with me. Especially when I'm just logging on and there is like no one in the room, they help get the ball rolling a bit. However, when things get going or there are a lot of rude basics I mute them.

Reactions: Always_Tim
I've been doing the same thing. Once they start babbling about how they didn't contribute financially but rather "saved" me from a dead boring room I mute or kick them. I can have a perfectly good time rocking out to mxpx in my underpants thank you very much. Don't need their weirdo basic requests lol. Although, I do tend to get members who will "rescue" me from the basics and take over the chat hehe. One of them actually told a whiny basic to "stfu the big dogs are here now" lmfao.

It's only happened once, but one night I converted a basic regular into a premium and he spent 1600 tokens on me over the next few days. It could happen!

That's awesome! I started to let the basics chat with me. They definitely liven up my broadcast
It's only happened once, but one night I converted a basic regular into a premium and he spent 1600 tokens on me over the next few days. It could happen!
awe

Thanks for all the helpful info! How can I get the premium members to chat with me? I have tons who just sit there and don't talk

Thanks for all the helpful info! How can I get the premium members to chat with me? I have tons who just sit there and don't talk

What I've found NOT to do is address members by their usernames, i.e. "Hi bigcock69, how are you today?" if they haven't greeted you first. They usually feel put on the spot and feel like they HAVE to talk or tip, and end up leaving a lot of times.

What usually works is to say a general question to the room, like "What kind of music do y'all like?" "What are you all up to tonight, besides watching me?" "I was thinking of going to see such and such movie-has anybody seen any good movies lately?" Usually someone will chime in.

What I've found NOT to do is address members by their usernames, i.e. "Hi bigcock69, how are you today?" if they haven't greeted you first. They usually feel put on the spot and feel like they HAVE to talk or tip, and end up leaving a lot of times.

What usually works is to say a general question to the room, like "What kind of music do y'all like?" "What are you all up to tonight, besides watching me?" "I was thinking of going to see such and such movie-has anybody seen any good movies lately?" Usually someone will chime in.
Most times I want the model to initate the conversation. It lets me know they are involved in the chat room.

Reactions: ramblin
Most times I want the model to initate the conversation. It lets me know they are involved in the chat room.
I can guarantee that for the majority of members this is VERY untrue. It may be your preference but it is not the norm at all.

For me as a member, I see a lot of new models who fail at even the basics, these things may not help you succeed as such, but they're important for not holding you back

1. Fast internet
  2. Clear cam
  3. Clear mic
  4. Good lighting (don't be backlit so that you're a shadow)
  5. Learn the basics of the site - how much tokens are worth, what the different membership levels mean, setting PM's to friends only etc etc etc
Other than that I would say watch other models, think about what you like about them and what you feel they're doing right in terms of engagement and interaction

Hi everyone!

I just started broadcasting on MFC two days ago and I'm really excited to get started, but at the same time I'm kind of stressing myself out because I feel that there is so much for me to learn. I've been doing a lot of research (still am) but I still have lots of questions.

What can I do to engage my audience? The first time that I broadcasted I had a better turn out that my last time, because I can't think of what to say! When there is no one interacting with me on the main feed, what am I supposed to talk about?

Also what are some things that I can do to make tips? I understand that the topic should have some things listed, but I'm in need of ideas :)
it can seem very overwhelming at fist to learn all the ins and outs. i've been at it 3 months and i still make mistakes and learn new things ALLLL the time. Do a lot of research on this forum, it is wonderful. Also watch other models rooms. say hi to members as they come in , ask about their day, talk about yours etc. keep a notebook too! and smile a lot and be nice. youll do great :)

Reactions: Tomtom197

thank you so much...and well said

thank you so much!! for your replies... There are a lot of things to learn, for me its been very hard as a non nude.. because they all try to get me naked,l ol is cool I can get some advantage from that, but sometimes gets very annoying and frustrating at the same time. I need more ideas in non nude shows and games to keep it interesting...thanks

for me its been very hard as a non nude
Hi Amy! I was in your room the other day, posting as X, talking about how I use my brain to post and many other silly things.
You're super cute!!

Being non-nude is one of the toughest acts there is on MFC and I hope you can survive. From what I've seen, it can take months to build an audience with that routine but the ones that stick with you can be very loyal. Kickaz is obviously the best example.

I can definitely see that making people uncomfortable, lol! Personally tho I've noticed that more members respond when I greet them individually than when I speak to the room as a whole. IRL I usually wait to say hello until someone introduces themselves, so I try to be empathetic towards that cuz I know it can be nerve-racking to say hello first sometimes.

And I second/third/nth that music benefits the room. I was on for like 30 mins last week without music and I was like why the heck is the room so quiet and why do I feel so blah? Then I realized I forgot to turn some jams on and it started feeling a lot better after that. But I have played it too loud sometimes and no one said anything about it until I asked if the music was too loud, so I try to check up with the room and make sure everyone's comfortable with it every once in a while.

[disclaimer: I've only been camming for a week, but I think I can relate cuz I'm new also :)]

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I can definitely see that making people uncomfortable, lol! Personally tho I've noticed that more members respond when I greet them individually than when I speak to the room as a whole. IRL I usually wait to say hello until someone introduces themselves, so I try to be empathetic towards that cuz I know it can be nerve-racking to say hello first sometimes.

And I second/third/nth that music benefits the room. I was on for like 30 mins last week without music and I was like why the heck is the room so quiet and why do I feel so blah? Then I realized I forgot to turn some jams on and it started feeling a lot better after that. But I have played it too loud sometimes and no one said anything about it until I asked if the music was too loud, so I try to check up with the room and make sure everyone's comfortable with it every once in a while.

[disclaimer: I've only been camming for a week, but I think I can relate cuz I'm new also :)]
Usually they will respond but then leave quickly after because they feel awkward for not keeping the conversation going. It really is best to just let them sit and get a feel for the room. A good way to boost conversation without calling anyone specifically by name is to read their screen names.

Look for anything you can relate to...and without calling them by specific name try to bring it up. For example...

JeepGuy7656 enters room. I have a Jeep. So I say...."OMG your guys names crack me up....wait...Jeep??? I have a Jeep."

I didn't call him by name or put him on the spot but it usually leads to conversation about Jeeps. You can do this with sports teams, locations (You see VegasMan645...."Vegas? I've never been to Vegas!").

It creates the opportunity for conversation without putting the person on the spot:)

I am in no position to give advice, but I want to mention the one massive thing I have found out by being a "new model" on MFC and it is being targeted by scammers!
So far I haven't been able to go an hour without a "model coach" or an "admin" wanting a skype session! It really grinds me :inpain::punch: My favorite is "joe bloggs tipped you 50 tokens" do i really look that stupid?? :(
Get yourself onto the MFC info site and look up the most used scams, this helped me! :)

So far, I've found that being relatable really helps. Be friendly, but don't be a robot. Tell some lame jokes every now and then, if that's who you are. The viewers want to yes, connect with a fantasy, but they also want this person to be real. Talk about things you enjoy, tell some (vague) stories... make them feel like you're friends with them and that they are super special :)

Being a new model on MFC can be very intimidating. I had been camming on adult work for 2years before I took the leap to MFC, and WOW what a difference lol. Most guys thought they could take the piss cause I was "new" which didn't work, but I did fall into the trap of needing my new regs in my room to finish a countdown or whatever. All the premiums wanted the basics muted and got angry if I didn't as if they owned me and ran my room. I now have a good balance in my room it's fun lively and I DONT do public cum shows anymore. It took a while but I've found my working formula for MFC.

One thing I would say is initially as a new model mute guests and basics until you are totally comfortable and can deal with the sometimes rude nonsenses that they like to type. Basics can chat in my room now all the time and it can be good to get a convo going, but I keep them in check lol.

I know I haven't told you how to succeed as such but like it's been said you just need to find your cam self and see what works for you. Oh and have fun lol nothing worse than watching someone who's face is tripping them xxx

The one thing that ive had to teach myself is to not "over research". Get in front of the camera and experience things, and as specific questions arise, find answers to them. I still often over researching at times and it drove me nuts almost to the point where I didn't want to cam until I had all my questions were answered.

:h::h::h::h::h::h::h:

Status
Not open for further replies.