AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips or private shows?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2012
Hello everyone!
If I may ask, ladies, what do you prefer: tips or private shows? Someone works for tips only, girls make shows in free chat and get a lot of tips. 200 tokens for showing breasts, 500 tokens for showing pussy and so on.
But some models still prefer good old private shows. What's yours?
Thanks for answering!
Have a nice day!

mfxxxwebcam said:
Hello everyone!
If I may ask, ladies, what do you prefer: tips or private shows? Someone works for tips only, girls make shows in free chat and get a lot of tips. 200 tokens for showing breasts, 500 tokens for showing pussy and so on.
But some models still prefer good old private shows. What's yours?
Thanks for answering!
Have a nice day!

If only we had an "Ask the Models" section...

I like them both. For me, I don't do any public masturbation so privates and groups are awesome for when I wan't some orgasms. However, I really enjoy doing shows that do not include masturbation and for those I prefer it to be in public chat for tips.

for me, that depends on the purpose of the spend.

If the guy wants something that I only do in private, or wants my attention all to himself, then PRIVATE! But he'd also better have at least 300 tokens (5 minutes worth).

If he's just looking to throw some appreciation my way, or wants a couple minutes of my time, then a tips are awesome!

Money is money. When I start camming on MFC again, I'll be doing it for fun more than money.

As a member, I partake in both - although I maintain that if I want a private show, I'd be spending at least 500+ tokens (sometimes 900+) on that specific show. I think they serve two very different purposes. Tips in public chat is to show appreciation and gratitude whereas private shows are where a one-on-one 'intimate' moment could occur. Public chat facilitates the function of allowing members to get to know a model, whereas private chat entails having a fun time.

I think they're both good. It really depends on the girl though, but I know for some - a good long private is rather enjoyable, so long as the member doesn't make a request for having sex with food or whatever...

Reactions: SoTxBob
I love private shows, but only get maybe one a week, and usually only a couple minutes.
As much as I enjoy them, I think I may turn my privates off because I never get one thats long enough for me to cum lol.
I make my living off of tips, so they are totally welcome lol

I guess there's certain drawbacks to private shows - the pressure you're under when the time ticks (only if the member gives said pressure, although a natural level of pressure in groups/privates may occur in everyone), the personality of the member themselves, and the pressure to adhere to insane requests like 'u watch my cam bb? i got 9" cock hard 4 u bb".

I guess the only way to have some guarantee on the quality of the private show would be to take requests from people you know, as opposed to anyone who just happens to stumble in your room. It's interesting though.

AshaSnow said:
I love public tips! That's where I make most of my money. I don't go private very often so when I do I have a really really fun time and I really like seeing how many spy tokens I rack up -- nice to know that guys are curious what I'm up to :lol:
:think: I wonder what kind of pancake Asha makes in private...

hornygods said:
I guess there's certain drawbacks to private shows - the pressure you're under when the time ticks (only if the member gives said pressure, although a natural level of pressure in groups/privates may occur in everyone), the personality of the member themselves, and the pressure to adhere to insane requests like 'u watch my cam bb? i got 9" cock hard 4 u bb".

I guess the only way to have some guarantee on the quality of the private show would be to take requests from people you know, as opposed to anyone who just happens to stumble in your room. It's interesting though.

I know several models who only take privates from members that they are friends with. This policy causes many a bloob to get all offended when their request for a pvt is turned down right before the model accepts a pvt from one of her friends.

ComicOzzie said:
I know several models who only take privates from members that they are friends with. This policy causes many a bloob to get all offended when their request for a pvt is turned down right before the model accepts a pvt from one of her friends.

AWESOME IDEA THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Models currently have the option to turn off privates. It would be awesome if that were extended, so it could be "allow private requests from: [dropdown]" and the drop down has: everyone, friends only, no one

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Jessi said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Privates. In a private I know that I am making money while I'm working. In free chat, sometimes I am working for free.
This! This is why I dislike doing "stuff" in public chat.

It has its range of drawbacks too. Ever felt pressured into doing something you're not comfortable with, because you're not making rent? How about a request to have sex with beer, or food? What about the pressure to to mic-to-mic, or cam-to-cam? It's the accumulation of these things that makes private shows uncomfortable with some. Whilst there's the empathizing, understanding member - there's also the apathetic/indifferent, ignorant member who considers sex workers to be mere playthings at their disposal.

A relatively long, enjoyable private is okay. 3 minute private that entails 'wham, bam, thank you ma'am'... isn't. I think Group Shows can be deemed superior, but lacks the same level of intimacy. I enjoy the best of both worlds ;D

hornygods said:
Jessi said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Privates. In a private I know that I am making money while I'm working. In free chat, sometimes I am working for free.

It has its range of drawbacks too. Ever felt pressured into doing something you're not comfortable with, because you're not making rent? How about a request to have sex with beer, or food? What about the pressure to to mic-to-mic, or cam-to-cam? It's the accumulation of these things that makes private shows uncomfortable with some. Whilst there's the empathizing, understanding member - there's also the apathetic/indifferent, ignorant member who considers sex workers to be mere playthings at their disposal.

A relatively long, enjoyable private is okay. 3 minute private that entails 'wham, bam, thank you ma'am'... isn't. I think Group Shows can be deemed superior, but lacks the same level of intimacy. I enjoy the best of both worlds ;D
Nope. I don't show penetration at all and I make that very known from the start.
I've been camming for 2 years and I am now certain of my boundaries and can say "no" unless I grow to be more comfortable about it in the future.
I do not mind c2c or m2m.
You get the EXACT same "pressures" in free chat, even more so. "bb, I'll tip you 50tkns to fist your ass" "watch cam." Everyday, over and over again.

I referred to pressure as it becomes more of an expectation in a private chat, as opposed to public chat. If you don't oblige, there's a chance that the member would leave out of frustration - therefore leaving your room 'dead' for little reward. I guess if you set firm boundaries, then less issues emerge. It's still daunting for some of the less successful models who rely on private shows to make a living.

hornygods said:
Jessi said:
PlayboyMegan said:

I turn down/end privates that make me uncomfortable, and my boundaries are clearly stated or discussed prior. I have nothing against models who do things in public, *I* just dont personally like it, never really been much of an issue except for when I first started camming on LiveJasmin (where there is a much different atmosphere/value on the models)

Could you briefly clarify what 'things' entails? My interpretation would be penetrative sex or anything that could bring you towards orgasm. I could understand why you'd be discomfortable with that :p

hornygods said:
Could you briefly clarify what 'things' entails? My interpretation would be penetrative sex or anything that could bring you towards orgasm. I could understand why you'd be discomfortable with that :p

Orgasms, toys or penetration in public make me feel weird. I dislike it because I feel like those are things I dont like people freeloading off of.

Reactions: 1 person
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I could understand that. My initial interpretation included things like lotion, oil and showers too. I was a little confused :p

I LOVE private shows!!! When I get then on average they last for over 1000 tokens and nearly every guy who's taken me in one has come back for more so I guess it's what I'm good at!

I guess it's that it's more personal, you get to really perform that guys fantasies and put your all into it, plus you get to masturbate and come, so really, what's not to love?

Then again saying that I do love being in my room chatting to people when everyone's getting involved!
It can get very tiring and depressing though if you've got a load of people in your room and no one will talk to you outside pms and the tips grind to a halt!

I always find with sex and everything really, if you're really enjoying yourself/comfortable usually it means the same thing for your partner, and vice versa! So if guys are showing they're having fun, I'll be having more fun too, and then it just rolls on and gets better! Anyone else feel like that?

Bella xx

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/Isabella_deL

Jessi said:
hornygods said:

Orgasms, toys or penetration in public make me feel weird. I dislike it because I feel like those are things I dont like people freeloading off of.

We be in the same boat. It has nothing to do with breaking the rules, I just don't like the way it makes me feel.
Also, unless I'm feeling super feisty I really only go private with people I know and enjoy. The last few times I wen't with someone new I regretted it.

THANKS everyone for your responses!
Like AshaSnow said, tips often become more profitable. Members club together, each user spends 10 tokens, but all together spend 100, you do what you promised, and everyone is happy. Private shows let you talk to your permanent favorite guests who keep visiting you for years, from the other side.
Of course it depends on the website. Some sites don't allow nudity or toys in free chat, some do (for example, ours) :)

Question for models - which is more reliable in terms of cashflow; Tips or privates? I'd postulate that the more successful models benefit more from tips than privates, but the opposite is true for the lower camscore models with less success - they're more reliant on group/private shows for their tokens. Does this reflect truly, or am I speculating poorly on this?

hornygods said:
Question for models - which is more reliable in terms of cashflow; Tips or privates? I'd postulate that the more successful models benefit more from tips than privates, but the opposite is true for the lower camscore models with less success - they're more reliant on group/private shows for their tokens. Does this reflect truly, or am I speculating poorly on this?
I usually make more in tips. I can go a day without a private, but make a lot in tips. But I still like privates, just because when you are in them it's guaranteed pay.

hornygods said:
I referred to pressure as it becomes more of an expectation in a private chat, as opposed to public chat. If you don't oblige, there's a chance that the member would leave out of frustration - therefore leaving your room 'dead' for little reward. I guess if you set firm boundaries, then less issues emerge. It's still daunting for some of the less successful models who rely on private shows to make a living.
Nothing should be an expectation. Not when there are such diverse models who all have different rules. My regulars stay in my room during my privates, so I don't really have that problem. I did when I was first starting out though.

I generally prefer public, but sometimes I'm in the mood for privates. I feel more comfortable doing a show for a whole room than I do performing for someone 1 on 1 and trying to make sure I'm pleasing them. I don't really like doing group shows as I haven't found them to bring in tokens for me.

Hi ladies,

As you can see I'm new here and my model status is pending right now :) I'm curious, what do you girls do in public to make tips? I'm comfortable giving my viewers a sneak peek of my goodies (for example I would show my boobs for 100 tokens or something like that), but how do I go about it where I don't sound like I'm begging for tips? I mean, it just sounds weird to me to say "hey everybody, I'll show my boobs for x amount of tokens, holla!"
Do you just take random tips or do you charge a certain amount for doing certain things? I'd love to hear what your experiences are with this :) I've had two invites for private already but the person wouldn't chat with me to tell me what they wanted me to do so I didn't go for it, and I'm very curious about the whole tip thing as it seems like a good way to start out.
Thanks in advance!

XxAmsterdam said:
Hi ladies,

As you can see I'm new here and my model status is pending right now :) I'm curious, what do you girls do in public to make tips? I'm comfortable giving my viewers a sneak peek of my goodies (for example I would show my boobs for 100 tokens or something like that), but how do I go about it where I don't sound like I'm begging for tips? I mean, it just sounds weird to me to say "hey everybody, I'll show my boobs for x amount of tokens, holla!"
Do you just take random tips or do you charge a certain amount for doing certain things? I'd love to hear what your experiences are with this :) I've had two invites for private already but the person wouldn't chat with me to tell me what they wanted me to do so I didn't go for it, and I'm very curious about the whole tip thing as it seems like a good way to start out.
Thanks in advance!

"1000 until topless, flashes for tippers!"
"Oil show in 2000 tokens"
"Hey guys, taking privates tonight :)Get my new solo video for 200 tokens! lots more 4sale on profile!"
And so on

Status
Not open for further replies.