AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Too "professional" looking?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dude just keep doing what you are doing. your audience will come. to help build that audience, videos. get on that content. not just of mfcshare.

twitter is also a great platform to use to build an audience. follow niche promoters and other models.

Those were screen shots of little videos I made. I plan on shooting more solo stuff in the sets, I have a few solo vids at the moment but not anything in the sets yet, I've been been concentrating on building these sets, lighting and camming. I make little snippets on my twitter http://www.twitter.com/trixie_treats13 to promo, but I don't have very many followers. I'm also curious how many even come to my room from twitter, not many.

Reactions: AudriTwo
dude just keep doing what you are doing. your audience will come. to help build that audience, videos. get on that content. not just of mfcshare.

twitter is also a great platform to use to build an audience. follow niche promoters and other models.
p.s. I love your gif... that's pretty impressive!

• Hugs
Reactions: AudriTwo
A you have to build up an audience. You have to be online to do it. Sometimes, especially in the beginning, we sit online and make no money... it sucks.

Every single bit of research I’ve done has indicated to me that the “keys” to camming are consistency and attitude. It won’t guarantee success, but - you have this dedication to a CRAFT and you are putting real effort in... just be online and give it time, network elsewhere like twitter, I think the people who are looking for you will find you.

GND/GFE is great and I play it up because i’m a mousy little gal. You have a distinct and beautiful style. You shouldn’t change it right away just because you aren’t experiencing success right away. ❤️

Those were screen shots of little videos I made. I plan on shooting more solo stuff in the sets, I have a few solo vids at the moment but not anything in the sets yet, I've been been concentrating on building these sets, lighting and camming. I make little snippets on my twitter http://www.twitter.com/trixie_treats13 to promo, but I don't have very many followers. I'm also curious how many even come to my room from twitter, not many.

Have some patience; you’ve been doing this for a week. Twitter followers take time to grow. Follow and engage with other camgirls, post your Twitter link in your chat while you’re camming. You gotta give stuff time to develop.

Also is your schedule consistent? If you can post “I’m online M-W-F from 9pm to midnight” and stick to it, it makes it easier for guys to find you and return to you.

I'll second/third the other girls in that your room looks great and exciting and that promotion and longer hours should help you gain that exposure. There are a couple of models who've been on this forum who have built themselves up from a shitty camscore and have had long lucrative camming careers. JoleneBrody is one, and I've seen her doing some really amazing interesting artsy shows. And Kickaz is another who isn't active on this forum anymore, but she does some more artistic interesting things. I know she had a low camscore for a while and then found her niche audience. I don't want to just say it's that easy, Kickaz for example swears by her work ethic and doing long hours and basically making sure she reaches a certain rank before she logged off. While that work ethic definitely helps, there is also a huge amount of luck there. Are you catching a niche market at the right time? Are you doing something that's bringing enough hype? Are the right people finding you? Is the show you're putting on going to draw in those crowds and get them intrigued? Luck is such a huge part of camming unfortunately. But camming regular hours is like buying a load of lottery tickets, you're far more likely to win.
I guess don't feel too disheartened, you've only cammed just over 10 hours which is nothing. Even as a seasoned camgirl with a following you will easily have shitty slumps like that. You're performing something different and that will take a while to gain hype. Just keep going, keep trying to gain followers on twitter and other media platforms and try not to worry too much about camscore and room numbers.

I don't know much about RocknRose and how she gained her following, but she would be one to check out in terms of how she brought in the crowds. I don't usually advise new models contacting experienced ones for advice, but because she's doing the same kind of particular shows as you and you wouldn't be asking the generic "wow, how do you do so well?", it might be worth watching her a bit before dropping her a nice message explaining that you're an aerial hooper and that you've been struggling to gain an audience. And basically ask a few questions, one's I'd ask would be probably be how long it took her to build the following up and if she initially felt similar struggles to you, and whether there was anything she felt really improved her exposure. I wouldn't expect much by way of an answer, if she even responds, she's an extremely popular model and probably gets a fair few messages, but you might get a little bit of moral support or some food for thought on how to angle your shows for a wider audience.

I guess I am just afraid of getting to the point of no return with the cam score. The problem I've been having is people come in and leave right away because theres only a couple people in my room, even with a super low goal of only 400 tokens no one wants to stay.

I actually contacted RocknRose before I started. She was an inspiration for me to actually do non-explicit modeling. I use to cam as Hannah_Hilton and did explicit shows that were GND based, but always craved to bring my creativity and burlesque into it - which is what I do in real life anyway. I contacted her and she wrote me a really wonderful and long response. I told her I was inspired to bring my own creativity to camming and not be explicit in free chat, that she was a major inspiration for that, and asked her how she became successful not doing anything explicit in free chat. She was really sweet and gave me great advice. I guess I could contact her again, if she has time to respond. I do know that she mentioned it took her 5 years to get to where she is now. That's a long time. I even wonder if people will still be into this 5 years down the road. She really is a total sweetheart.

Guess Ill keep on truckin' Monday - Friday 9-1am. I might sometimes pop on in the day to check things out but mostly night works best for me, so I'll stick to it and hope for the best.

Thanks again you're very knowledgeable and are generous to give great advice.
xoxo

Don't worry about Twitter so much. Definitely keep up your promoting, you're doing awesomely at that but Twitter followers don't usually equate to tipping members. I've been at this for 3 years and I only have half the amount of Twitter followers that you have but still do pretty well on MFC.

Being non-explicit does take a bit more time to build up your audience. They just need time to find you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Judy_
I guess I am just afraid of getting to the point of no return with the cam score. The problem I've been having is people come in and leave right away because theres only a couple people in my room, even with a super low goal of only 400 tokens no one wants to stay.

I actually contacted RocknRose before I started. She was an inspiration for me to actually do non-explicit modeling. I use to cam as Hannah_Hilton and did explicit shows that were GND based, but always craved to bring my creativity and burlesque into it - which is what I do in real life anyway. I contacted her and she wrote me a really wonderful and long response. I told her I was inspired to bring my own creativity to camming and not be explicit in free chat, that she was a major inspiration for that, and asked her how she became successful not doing anything explicit in free chat. She was really sweet and gave me great advice. I guess I could contact her again, if she has time to respond. I do know that she mentioned it took her 5 years to get to where she is now. That's a long time. I even wonder if people will still be into this 5 years down the road. She really is a total sweetheart.

Guess Ill keep on truckin' Monday - Friday 9-1am. I might sometimes pop on in the day to check things out but mostly night works best for me, so I'll stick to it and hope for the best.

Thanks again you're very knowledgeable and are generous to give great advice.
xoxo

That's awesome she gave you some good advice. It definitely takes a while to build up the sort of room you're wanting. While I can see the fear of getting your camscore into the deep end of being very hard to bring back up, (and trust me, this is a fear for everyone) it's a necessary risk if you do want to make it. While I don't think my camscore ever dropped below 1k, I remember being a new model with barely any viewers. It took a while for me to learn what angles etc would bring people in. People dropping in and out is also completely normal even in very busy rooms, it's just a bit more obvious and disheartening when you have a low room count. I do feel your pain in trying to do anything remotely interesting as a cam model. It's easy to see top models being praised for their creativity, but then get disheartened because whenever you try anything remotely different or fun no one wants to pay for it. Literally it's so rare that if I do anything "different" that anyone will tip for it, which is why despite having gone to art school and being a pretty creative person I put zero effort into my shows and make-up. I don't know how the other models manage to stick it out and gain recognition, but I've always given up. Most dudes are essentially on MFC to see a "real" cute girl take their clothes off and get frisky. But there are still plenty out there looking for a more interesting show. Keep being your amazing sexy self, keep working to gain exposure and hopefully once someone gets drawn in the hype will start.

I'd love to check you out sometime, what timezone are you working?

• Hugs
That's awesome she gave you some good advice. It definitely takes a while to build up the sort of room you're wanting. While I can see the fear of getting your camscore into the deep end of being very hard to bring back up, (and trust me, this is a fear for everyone) it's a necessary risk if you do want to make it. While I don't think my camscore ever dropped below 1k, I remember being a new model with barely any viewers. It took a while for me to learn what angles etc would bring people in. People dropping in and out is also completely normal even in very busy rooms, it's just a bit more obvious and disheartening when you have a low room count. I do feel your pain in trying to do anything remotely interesting as a cam model. It's easy to see top models being praised for their creativity, but then get disheartened because whenever you try anything remotely different or fun no one wants to pay for it. Literally it's so rare that if I do anything "different" that anyone will tip for it, which is why despite having gone to art school and being a pretty creative person I put zero effort into my shows and make-up. I don't know how the other models manage to stick it out and gain recognition, but I've always given up. Most dudes are essentially on MFC to see a "real" cute girl take their clothes off and get frisky. But there are still plenty out there looking for a more interesting show. Keep being your amazing sexy self, keep working to gain exposure and hopefully once someone gets drawn in the hype will start.

I'd love to check you out sometime, what timezone are you working?

Thank you so much! I'm on Monday - Friday 9pm - 1 or 2am EST. :)

I might be around then as it'll be afternoon UK time. If I am I'll pop over! Hopefully I can remember what my member account name and password is!

hahaha! I use to have a perv account but cant remember log in either. lol :h: Sending love

I think you might have gotten the time wrong 9pm EDT would make the time 2am BST.

Hi DJ! Nice to see you last night. Thanks again for your encouragement. The other guy was just trying to "help" for freebies. :h: I do think you mean EST though not EDT. ;)

Checking out your profile it looks great! And your prices for tease stuff looks very reasonable. The only thing I'd mention is members needing to send you 200 tokens in a tip pre private. I know quite a few models who focus on public shows do this. Reason I say to be careful about this is that private shows are very lucrative and good way to gain quick followers as a new model and dramatically increase your token intake per hour. They are the only reason my camscore has never tanked. I have considered doing a "tip beforehand" thing but it's never worked for me despite the fact that my average private tends to go on for over half an hour and I have my minimum spend at 900 tokens. Most members want to spend every penny on the actual show part. While it can be very frustrating having guys drop out before the minimum time is over, it's also very worth it for those who want a show. I tend to state very clearly that I expect to orgasm at least once so I don't get the girl version of blue balls, I also always chat to someone before accepting a request so it's rare someone will duck out early on purpose.
If this is what you're most comfortable with I'm not going to tell you what your comfort zone should be, especially if you're focusing more on the public room. I was more thinking as you don't do anything explicit in public (much the same as me), then it may be worth focusing on private shows a bit more in terms of maintaining a camscore so you can gain exposure in the public room. Definitely don't do any shows with anything other than token payments though. At the moment your camscore is worth far more than money. You're hot and clearly talented, with the right exposure I feel like you'll do just fine.

I think you might have gotten the time wrong 9pm EDT would make the time 2am BST.

Why was I thinking 9am? Yes, you're right. I won't be awake at that time! That's a shame.

Checking out your profile it looks great! And your prices for tease stuff looks very reasonable. The only thing I'd mention is members needing to send you 200 tokens in a tip pre private. I know quite a few models who focus on public shows do this. Reason I say to be careful about this is that private shows are very lucrative and good way to gain quick followers as a new model and dramatically increase your token intake per hour. They are the only reason my camscore has never tanked. I have considered doing a "tip beforehand" thing but it's never worked for me despite the fact that my average private tends to go on for over half an hour and I have my minimum spend at 900 tokens. Most members want to spend every penny on the actual show part. While it can be very frustrating having guys drop out before the minimum time is over, it's also very worth it for those who want a show. I tend to state very clearly that I expect to orgasm at least once so I don't get the girl version of blue balls, I also always chat to someone before accepting a request so it's rare someone will duck out early on purpose.
If this is what you're most comfortable with I'm not going to tell you what your comfort zone should be, especially if you're focusing more on the public room. I was more thinking as you don't do anything explicit in public (much the same as me), then it may be worth focusing on private shows a bit more in terms of maintaining a camscore so you can gain exposure in the public room. Definitely don't do any shows with anything other than token payments though. At the moment your camscore is worth far more than money. You're hot and clearly talented, with the right exposure I feel like you'll do just fine.

Why was I thinking 9am? Yes, you're right. I won't be awake at that time! That's a shame.
FANTASTIC advice once again. I'll fix that now. You're the best babes!

• Hugs
Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Hi DJ! Nice to see you last night. Thanks again for your encouragement. The other guy was just trying to "help" for freebies. :h: I do think you mean EST though not EDT. ;)
Yeah I thought he were, I have even turned down freebies when I have had them offered to me for helping out. EST is Eastern Standard Time which is used in autumn/winter, EDT is Eastern Daylight Time and is used in spring/summer. :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke

Just perved your twitter and WOW is it great! I love how you advertise via the small clips you have on there. I know its kind of disheartening right now, but keep on and persevere! You can make it! :)

Just perved your twitter and WOW is it great! I love how you advertise via the small clips you have on there. I know its kind of disheartening right now, but keep on and persevere! You can make it! :)

These were my thoughts exactly. Kind of gutted I'll be asleep while she cams! Girl is hot as fuck!

These were my thoughts exactly. Kind of gutted I'll be asleep while she cams! Girl is hot as fuck!

EEEEP! Thank you so so so very much! Isabella I wish I could watch you too! I bet we are totally on at opposite hours. But hope you get some great rest and have great days camming. I'll follow your mfc profile anyhow.
XOXO

EEEEP! Thank you so so so very much! Isabella I wish I could watch you too! I bet we are totally on at opposite hours. But hope you get some great rest and have great days camming. I'll follow your mfc profile anyhow.
XOXO

I usually cam at like 9pm-12pm UK time when I actually come online, so maybe you'd be around, but I'm a student so my camming habits are sporadic. Possibly I'll be back if I move into my own apartment, but fuck man, I'm a loud cammer and I chat so much shit that I'm way too embarrassed when I have flatmates!

• Funny!
I usually cam at like 9pm-12pm UK time when I actually come online, so maybe you'd be around, but I'm a student so my camming habits are sporadic. Possibly I'll be back if I move into my own apartment, but fuck man, I'm a loud cammer and I chat so much shit that I'm way too embarrassed when I have flatmates!

We can remedy that situation, just move in with me here in the U.S. You can be as loud as ya want...you just have to drive on the right hand side of the road. :)

Yeah I thought he were, I have even turned down freebies when I have had them offered to me for helping out. EST is Eastern Standard Time which is used in autumn/winter, EDT is Eastern Daylight Time and is used in spring/summer. :)
HA! Shows you what I know. I just got schooled! lol Smarty pants.

• Funny!
Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
@Horny_Hannah Have you thought of recording your live shows and selling them in your mfc share? I see a lot of girls here doing that and it could be a way to bring in extra income and extra viewers who want to see yiur show but are in different time zone! You could also use snippets from them to use in your promos! I think OBS is the program used to record while you stream but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wow! I have a "Johnny" type too! He said that my room looks too real and boring and not professional enough basically. Well, that's nonsense! Every member is different, every model is different. And every day is different. The worse thing can be a member trying to "help" you. For so many reasons! They take up time that you can't get back and likely aren't going to be compensated for.

@Horny_Hannah Have you thought of recording your live shows and selling them in your mfc share? I see a lot of girls here doing that and it could be a way to bring in extra income and extra viewers who want to see yiur show but are in different time zone! You could also use snippets from them to use in your promos! I think OBS is the program used to record while you stream but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I've never heard of that before. Perhaps if they would be into seeing non explicit stuff that could totally work. ;)

You guys!!!! I had a wonderful night!!!! I made my goal of 5000 tokens but that was mostly because of one darling friend from my old account and a couple others that helped. He really liked the new set ups and seemed to really be into the creative stuff. I am so very happy! It might have been luck, I dunno but I hope this steak continues. I'm gong to keep putting this energy out into the universe and hope it comes back. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR ENCOURAGEMENT! :h: :h: :h: I might have just given up on my creativity otherwise. Im so grateful for this community.

Wow! I have a "Johnny" type too! He said that my room looks too real and boring and not professional enough basically. Well, that's nonsense! Every member is different, every model is different. And every day is different. The worse thing can be a member trying to "help" you. For so many reasons! They take up time that you can't get back and likely aren't going to be compensated for.

Ohhh noooo! Thats the opposite of my advice. But take the advice from everyone here and you do you boo. If you're happy it seems to help heaps. :h:

SO jealous of your Lyra setup! I would assume you are rigged from the ceiling, right? I wish so hard I could do that. As of now I have my indoor rig with the poles and it limits what I can do on it sincey legs hit the bars if I am not careful. Everything looks amazing. You are absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait to see how much awesome stuff happens for you moving forward! Keep at it, you are no doubt thinking in the right direction and I'm sure soon enough wverytheve else will move that way for you as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.