AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Traffic dried up after first 8 days

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
So, I finally started camming on Thursday, Dec 28. I did fairly well the first few days, and then had a great NYE and New Year's day. I still was going strong even on Tuesday. But then it seemed the traffic to my page dried along with my income. Since the first 14 days is the promo period, I'm wondering what happened, especially since I'm putting on exceptional shows. A have a few fans who are enamored by me, but they alone can't bare the burden. There are some times where I'm happy just to have watchers, even grays. But even that is reduced. Help🙄

It's perfectly normal. On all sites. It's also the first of the year and Christmas credit card bills are rolling in, people are slowing down for a variety of reasons. January is notoriously one of the worst months of camming. Curb extraneous spending and keep on doing what you're doing. Or, seek out other sites to cam on at the same time.

Upvote 0
It's perfectly normal. On all sites. It's also the first of the year and Christmas credit card bills are rolling in, people are slowing down for a variety of reasons. January is notoriously one of the worst months of camming. Curb extraneous spending and keep on doing what you're doing. Or, seek out other sites to cam on at the same time.
Thank you for the advice and encouragement. I do fisting, and stripchat is the only site I'm aware of that allows that, even with its own category.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the advice and encouragement. I do fisting, and stripchat is the only site I'm aware of that allows that, even with its own category.
No one can be a one trick pony in this industry. Flesh out some other things that are TOS friendly. :) There are so many niches and fetishes out there. You can do three finger teases on Chaturbate and talk about going "bigger" (just don't say fisting). Filter out the word fisting in your banned word list on CB and you can make bank. The industry is so saturated at this point no one can really sustain on any one platform alone.

Upvote 0
Hi guys,
So, I finally started camming on Thursday, Dec 28. I did fairly well the first few days, and then had a great NYE and New Year's day. I still was going strong even on Tuesday. But then it seemed the traffic to my page dried along with my income. Since the first 14 days is the promo period, I'm wondering what happened, especially since I'm putting on exceptional shows. A have a few fans who are enamored by me, but they alone can't bare the burden. There are some times where I'm happy just to have watchers, even grays. But even that is reduced. Help🙄
Is this a joke? LOL I've seen you online, you have like 20 greys in your room, at all times. Some people have ZERO, no one, AT ALL!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
No one can be a one trick pony in this industry. Flesh out some other things that are TOS friendly. :) There are so many niches and fetishes out there. You can do three finger teases on Chaturbate and talk about going "bigger" (just don't say fisting). Filter out the word fisting in your banned word list on CB and you can make bank. The industry is so saturated at this point no one can really sustain on any one platform alone.
I can [one-zillion-percent] verify this. In 2020, 2021 i was an absolute; "Token-Gathering-Monster", since that point 90% of my Tippers don't even log in, anymore. It's pretty weird. Unsure if it was the war(s) / inflation , or what. But, it's been crickets. I was doing so well, i earned enough for my first home. (bought a beat-down-fixer-upper, cash.) And i am a fat man, the hardest niche to earn on any camming platform. Now, it's hard to even make a minimum pay-out, anymore. I'm probably one of the best talkers in the game, but, now it just doesn't work, anymore ... people seem to be very "bearish" (not "spendy", anymore.) CHEERS

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys,

Also, if you are in "the biz" to earn tokens and not just put on an exhibition. The number one thing, i see practically NO MODELS DOING. That i have worked to perfection. Are you ready? YOU HAVE TO ASK! In other words; ask people to tip towards your goal, ask people to tip YOUR WHOLE GOAL, ask people to go ticket show with you, ask people to go private with you.... and wait for it, wait for it; ASK FOR THE MOST TOKENS YOU CAN! No one is going to ask for you!!!! Also, have a gameplan... often times the people that are totally nude waiting for coins.... get very few.... b/c what's the point of giving, when you are doing everything for free..... it's a fine line .... wear all your clothes and not many will come .... be totally nude and alot will "take advantage of it" and not pay you any tokens.... etc etc

Upvote 0
Also, if you are in "the biz" to earn tokens and not just put on an exhibition. The number one thing, i see practically NO MODELS DOING. That i have worked to perfection. Are you ready? YOU HAVE TO ASK! In other words; ask people to tip towards your goal, ask people to tip YOUR WHOLE GOAL, ask people to go ticket show with you, ask people to go private with you.... and wait for it, wait for it; ASK FOR THE MOST TOKENS YOU CAN! No one is going to ask for you!!!! Also, have a gameplan... often times the people that are totally nude waiting for coins.... get very few.... b/c what's the point of giving, when you are doing everything for free..... it's a fine line .... wear all your clothes and not many will come .... be totally nude and alot will "take advantage of it" and not pay you any tokens.... etc etc
What drugs are you on?

Upvote 0
Is this a joke? LOL I've seen you online, you have like 20 greys in your room, at all times. Some people have ZERO, no one, AT ALL!!!!!!!

Okay, um…settle down there, pal. No need to be obnoxious. Eclectic was talking about money, and you’re on here talking about some damn gray members (They ain’t tipping).

Upvote 0
Okay, um…settle down there, pal. No need to be obnoxious. Eclectic was talking about money, and you’re on here talking about some damn gray members (They ain’t tipping).
I wish I had a screenshot of what happened last night.

Enjoying the room, the tippers, everything is gravy. One dude comes in and I've seen his name a thousand times and he's just gushing all over me and telling me how much he loves me. I replied that his tips reflected as such. He had a big fat zero next to his name. He called me a bitch and told me I had no business camming.

This whole black and white approach to every scenario just doesn't work. There has to be a lot of gray. (But no greys. LOL)

Upvote 0
Perhaps there's a niche fetish unknown to us where chubby men begging for money is something worth tossing coins at? When I read his post I was like, uhhhh...nope.
Begging? Huh? What? I'm lost. Sitting in a room and not asking people to tip is the way, i guess? Ok.

Upvote 0

Enjoying the room, the tippers, everything is gravy. One dude comes in and I've seen his name a thousand times and he's just gushing all over me and telling me how much he loves me. I replied that his tips reflected as such. He had a big fat zero next to his name. He called me a bitch and told me I had no business camming.

This whole black and white approach to every scenario just doesn't work. There has to be a lot of gray. (But no greys. LOL)
So you trash me for saying "ask people to tip" and then vent how a customer wasn't tipping? Ask him to? I'm still lost why yall put me on the hit parade, just sharing my opinion. Anywho.

Upvote 0
So you trash me for saying "ask people to tip" and then vent how a customer wasn't tipping? Ask him to? I'm still lost why yall put me on the hit parade, just sharing my opinion. Anywho.
I'm sorry, I was speaking to my cam friends Yummy and Lexi. I'm pretty sure I never quoted you at all.

Upvote 0
Perhaps there's a niche fetish unknown to us where chubby men begging for money is something worth tossing coins at? When I read his post I was like, uhhhh...nope.
You didn't say this? If you don't enjoy fat men, i get it. But, you deffo implied i was "begging". It's all good. Happy Camming to you.

Upvote 0

Oh yea get those all the time. I don't just mute anymore, I ban them, because I know sometimes my regulars or new tippers are WAY too nice and will tip for a similar thing if there is something on my tip menu of what some gray user asked for, and I don't want the gray user to be able to see it hahaha.

Upvote 0
You didn't say this? If you don't enjoy fat men, i get it. But, you deffo implied i was "begging". It's all good. Happy Camming to you.
She was talking to me about you, not to you about you. 🙂

Upvote 0
Right. Apparently he was elevating, by being obnoxiously rude. How didn't I pick up on it is beyond me 🫣😆

Upvote 0
Hi guys. Two week promo period just ended. I've been working my ass off, somewhat literally lol. Sold two subscriptions to my fan club, had a 1000 token private session, and made a lot of smallish tips of the one token to 20 variety. The thing in the tip menu that's been requested several times is atm on a dildo, sick fuks lol (seriously I love that). I kept raising the price and they kept requesting it. It's currently set at 44 tokens.
Before I started camming on Dec. 28, I was already playing sexuality by myself for around 15 to 20 hours a week, so starting camming seemed like the natural thing to do. You see, I'm approaching this as a Kinkster, who is an exhibitionist. If I make a few sheckles along the way, that's a bonus. As long as there's some traffic in the room, I'm somewhat happy.
And I answer all messages, even if it's just with an emoji. There's a lot of lonely, frustrated people out there, and it doesn't hurt to be nice. And perhaps it will lead to more income. If not, I gave some dude a little bit of attention.

Reactions: darcyduke
Upvote 0
By the way, to address some of the comments. I'm performing 90 percent of the time while my cam is live. But sometimes I'll just sit there with my feet in front of the webcam, and I'll often get a small tip that way. And when that happens, I start playing again. Pay to play. Not my overall philosophy, but sometimes I'll get in a bad or indifferent mood, and a small tip will reactivate me, like a pavlov dog. Ruff, ruff.

Upvote 0
I mean I do that and it works. Nothing wrong telling your chat to contribute to your goals ect.

Yeah, but I think you misunderstood Lexi. She was referring to the way that dominant_chubby dude was shouting at the op of this thread. It was obnoxious and rude, and there was no need for it.

Upvote 0
By the way, to address some of the comments. I'm performing 90 percent of the time while my cam is live. But sometimes I'll just sit there with my feet in front of the webcam, and I'll often get a small tip that way. And when that happens, I start playing again. Pay to play. Not my overall philosophy, but sometimes I'll get in a bad or indifferent mood, and a small tip will reactivate me, like a pavlov dog. Ruff, ruff.
You're a hobby wanker and you have no business telling models how to run businesses trying to build brands.

Reactions: SensualJade
Upvote 0
Yeah, but I think you misunderstood Lexi. She was referring to the way that dominant_chubby dude was shouting at the op of this thread. It was obnoxious and rude, and there was no need for it.
Wasn't trying to be rude, I enjoy the performer, please, stop, already. You do this to everyone. Stop sensationalizing every post people make.

• Funny!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.