AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

True Grit

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2010
Jeff Bridges and Hailee Steinfeld are absolutely fantastic... one of the best movies I've seen in the past year.

MV5BMjIxNjAzODQ0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY2MjMyNA@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

Highly recommend it...

jebbaz said:
Speaking of the Dude, go see Tron Evolution as soon as you can. Awesome movie.
I heard it was a mega-stinkpot that my friends walked out on. Apparently if you know anything about technology, it's laugh-worthy.

I am looking forward to True Grit, but I don't think there's any movie dates in my near future. Would rather pay $1-$4 to rent it when it comes out than venture to the theater.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this.

AmberCutie said:
jebbaz said:
Speaking of the Dude, go see Tron Evolution as soon as you can. Awesome movie.
I heard it was a mega-stinkpot that my friends walked out on. Apparently if you know anything about technology, it's laugh-worthy.

I am looking forward to True Grit, but I don't think there's any movie dates in my near future. Would rather pay $1-$4 to rent it when it comes out than venture to the theater.
who goes to a movie like Tron for the plot? You go for the Light cycles, the disc battles, and the Olivia Wilde in spandex and leather.

Just saw it tonight. It was very entertaining. Took me a while to get used to Matt Damon's character though. Kind of wish someone else had played it personally. He just didn't seem comfortable in the role to me.

jebbaz said:
BullFrogBlues said:
How does it stand up to the 1969 True Grit starring John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn?
dunno but isn't it a remake?

They are both based on the novel by Charles Portis, but the 1969 version strayed a bit from the novel. I have read that the Coen Brothers followed the book more faithfully.

Mirra said:
Took me a while to get used to Matt Damon's character though. Kind of wish someone else had played it personally. He just didn't seem comfortable in the role to me.

This.

Even with the whole "King James" over-pronunciations, I don't think a Texas Ranger of that era would have been so... foopy.

OK have just watched True Grit and was disappointed. It was ho hum. I need to see the original again to compare but this version left me wanting.

I saw the new one, then watched the original.. I prefer the new one, simply put Jeff Bridges did an absolutely awesome job as long as you aren't comparing him to John Wayne's portrayal, they're simply too different, when did John Wayne play a character that just wasn't "John Wayne"?

The Girl was AWESOME, much prefer her to anyone else in the movie... and I thought Matt Damon was more believable and frankly I didn't think he could do a western so I was happily surprised... Oh and I am from Texas ;)

Anywho, there were some bad ass lines in the movie.. My personal favorite "Then they should have gotten themselves killed in the summer!"

Status
Not open for further replies.