AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Turning off PMs on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BunnySpike

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 27, 2012
Milwaukee, Wi
profiles.myfreecams.com
Ive read many times that it is a good idea to turn off your PMs on MFC so you don't get bogged down with them, and I am beginning to notice this is 100% necessary, but I can't figure out how to do it... Ive searched on here and on MFC but I cant quite figure out how to do it. I have a Mac computer so I can't download the model software, I have to use the URL. Am I still able to block the PMs to only friends? gracias a million.

At the bottom of the browser page, when you log in but before you start your camera, go to options. Click through the tabs and look at all of them- I know it's in there somewhere, but I don't remember which tab it's under.

Reactions: BunnySpike
I think this thread could take a new direction.

Is it better to charge tokens for pm privileges, or is it better to only add 'friends' to the list (i.e. to be on the friends list, you must be a friend)?

hornygods said:
I think this thread could take a new direction.

Is it better to charge tokens for pm privileges, or is it better to only add 'friends' to the list (i.e. to be on the friends list, you must be a friend)?

Personally I prefer the only adding friends variation. But that is only because I refuse to tip tip to be added. Sometimes it sucks when I see a model who says they only do privates with friends only add friends to pay for it. At that point i'm just like "darn it, I got check mated!"

Anyways I'm proud to have never purchased the friend add / PM privileges after being a member for 10 months. But I have been befriended by a few models who charge for it. *fist pump*
Yesterday was actually the first time I've requested to be added as a friend, but I didn't have to tip. **double fist pump**

I have my PMs set to friends, so unless I have a business reason to talk to a strange model I would have no reason to want to be on their list since they could not talk back. I did pay KittyWilde, but that was because she used to have my state blocked and another model told me I needed to check her out. I have also accidentally bought a place on several lists just through general tipping while I was in a room.

My guess is most things said in PM's could be said in public chat, or not at all. I never send model's PM's. A turn off for me is when a model stops what she's doing and starts replying to all the PM's she has.

Here's my suggestion. It's ok to charge for friends, but, have these friends send MFC mail instead of PM's. When the model goes off cam, she can respond to the MFC mail, and ignore those sent from non-friends. I once felt a need to tell a model something and tried to send a PM. I found I couldn't. I noticed from her chat room who her regulars were and sent one a PM and he could get the message to her. Essentially, she was angry with a lot people who were trolling her so stopped reading the chat. She had banned several people already and I just wanted to pass on she could consider extending those bans to 60 days after she logged off and return next time in better control of her room.

If a model says PM me before private and wants to block PM's, well all I can say is they will have to figure out ways around that.

JimMorrison said:
My guess is most things said in PM's could be said in public chat, or not at all. I never send model's PM's. A turn off for me is when a model stops what she's doing and starts replying to all the PM's she has.

Here's my suggestion. It's ok to charge for friends, but, have these friends send MFC mail instead of PM's. When the model goes off cam, she can respond to the MFC mail, and ignore those sent from non-friends. I once felt a need to tell a model something and tried to send a PM. I found I couldn't. I noticed from her chat room who her regulars were and sent one a PM and he could get the message to her. Essentially, she was angry with a lot people who were trolling her so stopped reading the chat. She had banned several people already and I just wanted to pass on she could consider extending those bans to 60 days after she logged off and return next time in better control of her room.

If a model says PM me before private and wants to block PM's, well all I can say is they will have to figure out ways around that.
Sometimes a guy has a fetish he is embarrassed about. So he says it in PM. He could MFC mail, but he might want that pvt right then, not when I log off and wait till I am back on, maybe a few days later. But I agree that 90% of things I get in PMs could be said in free chat. When I PM I always apologize to my room and say something like, "Give me one sec. guys I have a few PM's I have to reply to, so sorry!" That way they know I'm not just Facebooking or something.

Reactions: 1 person
PlayboyMegan said:
JimMorrison said:

Sometimes a guy has a fetish he is embarrassed about. So he says it in PM. He could MFC mail, but he might want that pvt right then, not when I log off and wait till I am back on, maybe a few days later. But I agree that 90% of things I get in PMs could be said in free chat. When I PM I always apologize to my room and say something like, "Give me one sec. guys I have a few PM's I have to reply to, so sorry!" That way they know I'm not just Facebooking or something.
I like your approach to your audience, every model should consider your method of handling PM's. As I said, I don't bother with PMing a model because I feel I can talk to her to my satisfaction in open chat. If I want to talk to her privately, well, there is a nice option for this, and it costs us either 60 or 80 tokens a minute. That is more than fair for both the member and the model. In a way, a PM is just a free private show, you have her attention for the few seconds she writes you back. Every moment a model is online is valuable to her, and we members have to respect her time.

Sometimes, when people ARE NOT LISTENING, or have LOST THEIR READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS... && I am in the middle of let's say a baby oil or bath show... && I tell people, NOT TO PM ME RIGHT THEN, because my fucking hands are busy... && then I get a bunch of retards PMing me anyways, or my regs are stuck on DERP... I just tell everyone to fuck off, && that I am turning ALL of them off for awhile. && then if someone has something SUPER IMPORTANT, that I NEED to know, to tell me in the room to turn them back on cause it's an "emergency".

But sometimes, sometimes, you just have to. :(

Reactions: 1 person
I do what PlayboyMegan said, and sometimes if I'm getting 2 or 3 pm's (and yes, it's people on my friends list) I'll tell the room "Give me a second, guys...I'm reading these pm's." I don't want them to think I'm just browsing the internet or something...lol.

If I'm down to like my last 5 or 10 minutes on cam (I always post those 10-min and 5-min timer emotes), I'd really like to not get too many pm's at that time. I'm trying to enjoy my final minutes on cam, and I want the room to enjoy my final minutes on cam without me having to keep stopping to check pm's. Plus this is usually the time people ask "When will you be back on cam?," (Some people don't want to use Twitter) and I'd like to focus on public chat and answer their question(s) and give the room a proper goodbye.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
I think because of the sensitive nature of MFC, some things are better discussed in private chat in order to minimize disruption to the room. I do realise that for most members, pming is rarely necessary unless discussing details of going to a private show, or a receiving a link to a video/picture set.

I do think that tip-notes are a more effective method of sending a brief one-way message though - plus, it serves as an additional courtesy of tipping.

hornygods said:
I do think that tip-notes are a more effective method of sending a brief one-way message though - plus, it serves as an additional courtesy of tipping.

That was going to be my post almost exactly.

I pesonally have my PM set to friends only. I very rarely PM the models unless they PM me first and then I usually respond in public chat unless it's something sensitive or personal.

PM's are overrated anyway. They just create dead space in a room for everyone else but the one member. In fact, there's no quicker way to get me to vacate a room than a model constantly replying to PM's and generally ignoring the room as a whole.

:lol: I had a thread like this a while ago - I cant remember if it was public or in models only.
But yeah, keep friends list private. If someone has something private, add them temporarily. I learned my lesson the hard way when PMs were ruining my room counts/atmosphere.

yeah, I was only asking so that i didnt have everyone and their mother PMing me to "view their cam" or offer me "100000 cuz they know i need it". im not against PMs, i just couldnt handle a million. lol, i didnt mean to start a "dont block PM" convo, i just wanted to know how to actually do it. Im more than willing to PM people, i just dont want EVERYONE to do it and take away from the public room

BunnySpike said:
yeah, I was only asking so that i didnt have everyone and their mother PMing me to "view their cam" or offer me "100000 cuz they know i need it". im not against PMs, i just couldnt handle a million. lol, i didnt mean to start a "dont block PM" convo, i just wanted to know how to actually do it. Im more than willing to PM people, i just dont want EVERYONE to do it and take away from the public room

I have noticed some of the forum members tend to be argumentative :shifty: I would not worry about the hijacking of your thread, mine get side tracked all the time.

Shaun__ said:
BunnySpike said:

I have noticed some of the forum members tend to be argumentative :shifty: I would not worry about the hijacking of your thread, mine get side tracked all the time.

They're not usually so deliberately hijacked.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Shaun__ said:
BunnySpike said:

:lol: Sorry about that shaun!
Personally, I don't charge for friends list because I don't want to feel pressured into reading the ramblings of a nut job. If someone inquires about a private and I actuallyfeel like taking a random private (I don't normally go with people I don't know and trust) I'll add them so that I can PM them a few questions first.
Otherwise, only people I like and can trust won't bombard me with shit they could easily say in public.
That's me and I hate confrontation, I.E "sorry I don't want you on my PM list anymore, you suck and talk too much" Him: "but I paid you, SCAMMER!!!"

BunnySpike said:

Threads rarely wind up without a couple of rabbit trails along the way. Some stay on topic for the most part, but almost always veer off for at least a bit, if not totally. A bit like normal conversation. You know, the "how did we end up on this topic?" realization.

I think I'm responsible for the hijacking - I'm sorry for that. I just felt that it would be a waste of a good topic to end things so abruptly when we agreed that we should turn it to friends only. I think it's rather good that we've managed to spawn a discussion out of something somewhat relevant though, but maybe I should have posted a separate thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.