AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

TV Shows that ended to soon VS Shows that should of ended sooner

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo shows that ended too soon: Firefly (duh), Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show and Merlin. I loved Merlin. So good. Oh and How I met your mother but IMO by only one season, any more than that I think would've been too much. I wish we would've had one more season with a proper ending.

Shows that went too long: Two and a Half Men, & Big Bang Theory both I thought were funny for maybe the first two seasons but then the novelty wore off.

• Hugs
Reactions: DFT
Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show

Could have sworn I gave you love on that yesterday. There ya go, boop. Geoff and CraigyFerg were my last must watch linear TV.

Vice Principals was good fun. Walton gets no respect for his craft. We know his drama chops from the police procedural shows he's been in; his comedy isn't so well known. Even in his (appreciably un-sexy) transsexual hooker role in Sons of Anarchy he stole every scene while the other actors looked befuddled. Then again the directing wasn't always great on that show.

ASS MODE

What did we learn on the show today, Vixen? :)
(don't worry, inside joke)

Reactions: DearestVixen
Imo shows that ended too soon: Firefly (duh), Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show and Merlin. I loved Merlin. So good. Oh and How I met your mother but IMO by only one season, any more than that I think would've been too much. I wish we would've had one more season with a proper ending.

Shows that went too long: Two and a Half Men, & Big Bang Theory both I thought were funny for maybe the first two seasons but then the novelty wore off.

Definitely TBBT. And the fact they are trying to evolve the characters, whilst great, is annoying. I absolutely detest Bernadette... I hate that sarcastic ANGRY humour she has, she never says anything normal or positive. I am British and LOVE sarcasm and humour, but not to the degree they have made her. She has been one that has made me lose a lot of interest in the show...

I am liking Young Sheldon at least, so that's good. I am guessing maybe one more season then I will be bored of that too, but so far it's great and I can't see it getting boring.

Reactions: fandango
Oh lawd, I'd give my left ass cheek (not the right one though) For my name is Earl to be back...

Friends.... Dexter is returning THIS YEAR LADIES!!!

Pushing daisies was loverly as well

Oh lawd, I'd give my left ass cheek (not the right one though) For my name is Earl to be back...

Friends.... Dexter is returning THIS YEAR LADIES!!!

Pushing daisies was loverly as well

I was very annoyed how Dexter ended. I was addicted to that show.
I was a late arrival towards it but I saw everyone watching it, so I tried it and was hooked.

Do you have a source that confirms Series 9 is coming - and this year?
Everything I can find isn't official it's just fake stuff which says that it was hoping, and he was open to a new series.. but nothing confirmed.

WOuld be fantastic if there is a new series though

Reactions: Aprilsweetart
I was very annoyed how Dexter ended. I was addicted to that show.
I was a late arrival towards it but I saw everyone watching it, so I tried it and was hooked.

Do you have a source that confirms Series 9 is coming - and this year?
Everything I can find isn't official it's just fake stuff which says that it was hoping, and he was open to a new series.. but nothing confirmed.

WOuld be fantastic if there is a new series though

BAH Rubbish!!! It was one of those things that I thought if I told enough people that , eventually it would just sort of.. materialize? I guess I was wrong lol :grr: JK , a friend told me but it turns out she was toying with my emotions... That bitch.

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
BAH Rubbish!!! It was one of those things that I thought if I told enough people that , eventually it would just sort of.. materialize? I guess I was wrong lol :grr: JK , a friend told me but it turns out she was toying with my emotions... That bitch.

Haha evil friend. Kind of half right though, I am guessing your friend saw the fake posters for it and then whether they knew it was fake, decided to be cruel. I would have done the same to a friend to be fair :D

Also, Vixen above (top of this second page) mentioned Firefly.

Saw someone mention supernatural, I'm one of the crazy fans who was a fan of the show before it even aired and continue loving it even though I reluctantly agree with you, the story should have ended after season 5 BUT that would have resulted in my favorite character's (Sam) PERMANENT death lol. The original written, Eric krypke, was done with the original 5 year contract and wrote it as so but with so many fans and the main actors on board with continuing they brought in .. dun dun dun! Buffy writters!

I never cared for Buffy with their multiple apocalypses. And sure enough it's basically their fuel for the show now.

Either way the show has lasted so long not simply because of the story but because people fell in love with the main characters their chemistry and the actors as a whole. But yeah.. people came for the show stayed for the actors sorta thing. They are all so involved with their fans that the only reason they may be ending the show soon is simply because the guys started families and want to be home. /Endcrazyfanrant

PS if it hadn't lasted so long they would have never given us scoobynatural and that was an awesome episode. More for the hardcore fans than anyone else but awesome.

To avoid a DP .... Shows I wish were given more of a chance are Tru Callings (I love Eliza Dushku) and Moonlight, which was the only show about a vampire I could get into.. so of course it was a mere 1 season. Sherlock (BBC version) I would love to see more of but that seems extremely unlikely seeing as the two main actors don't seem to get along well. And a final show that is actually coming back is Young Justice.

A show I did enjoy but wish had ended soon is Ghost Whisper. It just kept getting weirder until the end.

Saw someone mention supernatural, I'm one of the crazy fans who was a fan of the show before it even aired and continue loving it even though I reluctantly agree with you, the story should have ended after season 5 BUT that would have resulted in my favorite character's (Sam) PERMANENT death lol. The original written, Eric krypke, was done with the original 5 year contract and wrote it as so but with so many fans and the main actors on board with continuing they brought in .. dun dun dun! Buffy writters!

I never cared for Buffy with their multiple apocalypses. And sure enough it's basically their fuel for the show now.

Either way the show has lasted so long not simply because of the story but because people fell in love with the main characters their chemistry and the actors as a whole. But yeah.. people came for the show stayed for the actors sorta thing. They are all so involved with their fans that the only reason they may be ending the show soon is simply because the guys started families and want to be home. /Endcrazyfanrant

PS if it hadn't lasted so long they would have never given us scoobynatural and that was an awesome episode. More for the hardcore fans than anyone else but awesome.

To avoid a DP .... Shows I wish were given more of a chance are Tru Callings (I love Eliza Dushku) and Moonlight, which was the only show about a vampire I could get into.. so of course it was a mere 1 season. Sherlock (BBC version) I would love to see more of but that seems extremely unlikely seeing as the two main actors don't seem to get along well. And a final show that is actually coming back is Young Justice.

A show I did enjoy but wish had ended soon is Ghost Whisper. It just kept getting weirder until the end.

I love the stupid humour/comedy they use in Supernatural.
SN + Scooby Doo was seriously fantastic. I would love that again.

Reactions: Mara_Jayne

I had the biggest crush on JLH growing up so I'm surprised I didn't watch this when it aired during its original run. However, over the last year or so I've probably watched all of the episodes thanks to it being run in marathon form on certain days. I think it is a show that probably should have ended after 3 seasons which is early for most shows. But, you know to avoid spoilers season 4 kind of made that pretty clear and then it went another season and yeah....

I also have to add now that I've had a couple of months to let it settle. I'm really going to miss The Americans. It had a nice solid run, but damn if it wasn't one of the best shows in the last decade. And I selfishly want more episodes.

I just have a couple of too soon's. The first being Last man on Earth. Was really pissed they canned that. Really hope another network or a streaming service like amazon prime pick it up. It's too good not to carry on. Was really dissapointed by the way Will Forte has been talking in interviews regarding the show not being renewed. kinda got the impression he's just happy they made the amount they did & doesn't appear to be trying to get the network to change their minds or get someone else to pick it up.

The other is Timeless. Another great show in my opinion. The network made the mistake of not renewing it for a second season & got a lot of it's supporters asking for it's return. And now after another fantastic season it appears the network have made the same dumb ass mistake & haven't renewned it yet, last I checked.

Last edited:
Man, my list of "too early" could get really long. Just a few:
Some obvious ones: Firefly, Arrested Development

Farscape (I don't know that it had that many more seasons in it, but to cancel it on a cliffhanger (and don't even mention Peacekeeper Wars))
Better off Ted (Really well written, smart comedy. Try to find it if you've never seen it, or just google "veridian dynamics commercials" for just a taste of what it offered).

More recently, I was bummed that Dark Matter was cancelled. It started off slow, but just got better with time
I was also upset about Brooklyn 99, but it sounds like we'll get more episodes after all

Deadwood was great and I wish it had a few more seasons. Still the possibility of a movie to look forward to I guess.

I love Vikings and found our recently that there will be only one more season after the current one we are now finishing up. I'm a bit conflicted on the call on this one, I really love the show but the story this season has gotten a bit stale, just not quite enough movement one way or the other. I don't mind a bit of build-up to develop a story but some of it, especially the Iceland sub-plot have really seemed to be spinning the tires more than a little bit. I hate to see the show end after only one more season but at the same time, if they're out of ideas I don't want to see it get dragged out just for the sake of staying on air. Unless the next/last season is a real winner with plot lines that could be developed and fleshed out in a meaningful way, I think one more season might be just about the right time to send the show off to Valhalla.

TWD should of ended already last years finale was awful although so was the entire season hopefully they end it on season 9
I stopped watching TWD in the middle of season 7, I can't believe they are having 9 seasons! They need to stop, it's just ruining the show

please for the love of god someone kill supernatural, when supernatural started airing bush was still president and the first iphone wouldnt even be announced for another two years

all of my “ended too soon” are honestly shows that had absurdly long runs that i just wish could’ve gone one forever, aka bones and CSI las vegas

To soon: freaks and geeks, my so called life
Not soon enough: Orange is the new black, mad men

I was going to say those exact 2 shows for ended too soon! I loved both of them growing up! I had the biggest crush on Jordan Catalano. :)
Also ended too soon: Beavis and Butt-head. I loved them making fun of the music videos-that was hilarious! They briefly brought it back a few years ago, but it didn't last long. IMHO, the most recent shows were even funnier than the 90's shows. They made fun of Jersey Shore and 16 and Pregnant.

Shows that dragged on too long:
I have so many, but just off the top of my head-South Park (I thought it was funny when it first came out, but it's lame now), Jersey Shore, American Idol (I thought it was over with, but it's still going on!), Beverly Hills 90210, Dawson's Creek, Felicity, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, Keeping up with the Kardashians, OITNB and Shameless, but to me, they both really declined in quality as time went on and Shamless lost a couple of their best actors.)

This is probably going to be an unpopular one since so many people seem to love it, but I think Friends dragged on for too long. I just never cared for it that much or thought it was that interesting or funny. Which is strange because I love a lot of movies with Jennifer Aniston in them. Plus it's based in New York City, yet you rarely saw a black person on the show. Come on now! lol

Last edited:
The Vice Principals with Danny McBride and Walton Goggins, one of the best dark humor TV shows in a long time. Like me in the adult scene, it only lasted one season....
There are two seasons!

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT and Dan Epstein
I wish NCIS would end. I watch it additively every week and am disappointed almost every week. Lost too many characters and the mellowing of Gibbs is horrible to watch.

Happy there are only a few more Big Bang Theory. Their characters have changed so much that the nerdy jokes they still make don't work anymore.

Agreeing with needing more Justified and Longmire.

Just because it needs to be said as often as possible: Firefly. Firefly ended way too damn soon.

I agree with everyone who said Justified, Vice Principals, and Jericho. Also, the remake of Night Stalker with Stuart Townsend was a great show and getting better when it ended prematurely.

And Episodes. Christ, that show was brilliant. Should still be on now.

It's unfortunate how many great shows get cancelled too soon. I've gotten to the point where I don't even want to watch a series until it's been on at least 3 or 4 seasons, or is over and had an actual series finale.

A special fuck-you here to Netflix for killing the Punisher and Daredevil.

As for shows that have gone on too long: Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Walking Dead, and Supernatural, which should have ended with season 5.

Again firefly ended way too soon and the serentiy movie dosnt make up for that. I really liked doll house and tru calling too I think both of those got killed off way too soon. Theres a bunch of shows I really liked but they didnt make it past the 1st or second season, F is for family is another one that comes to mind and futerama.

Shows that ran too long though, the simpsons, family guy, friends, two and a half men, the big bang theory basically anything with 10+ seasons. 10 years is way too long to be telling the same story.

Shows that should have ended: Scrubs. The ending to season eight was the official show ending. Family Guy, the Simpsons, and I think Always Sunny has maybe one/two more seasons in it but I also feel like they're the kind of creators to know when a project is done.

I can only really think of one series that I wish kept going even though it's probably best that it didn't; the Avatar universe.

I really liked doll house and tru calling too I think both of those got killed off way too soon.

Agreed in full. Fox should start their own streaming service "Shows we Killed Too Soon". More catalogue than CBS has with theirs.

Family Guy ... has maybe one/two more seasons in it but I also feel like they're the kind of creators to know when a project is done.

Keep in mind Family Guy was originally cancelled in 2002. :)

Last edited:
Keep in mind Family Guy was originally cancelled in 2002. :)

Yea but they made the mistake of bringing it back, I was never a family guy fan tbh, they drag out most of the jokes far too long in hopes that something that is not funny will eventually become funny if they leave it for long enough (like peter falling over, the fights with the chicken etc)

South Park has also run for too long, but it seems like the creators know this and are trying their hardest to get it canceled.

joss whedon should start a kick starter, something like "let me finish a story without someone canceling it half way through" tbh I think it would work well for something like firefly where there's a huge fan base that would happily chip in to the production costs to be able to at least have the first season finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.