AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Typing or talking? Which one is better?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 10, 2017
Twitter Username
@Evierose420
Recently I've been reviewing a lot of cam shows and have noticed that most of the girls I've seen type instead of talk. Do you think it makes that much of a difference? I know when I cam I'm more of a talker ...

Reactions: Val Vega
Talking most definitely, I have noticed some models that do both though but mainly talk, just plain typing though I would not be a fan of.

on SM typers are usually not the girl but a translator, a recording or a time waster. Talkers are worth more with less questioning if they are legitimate.

@fandango whom are you talking to in your post? If it was me, I was talking about models who talk AND incorporate type as well, not just one or the other. That is why I said they mainly talk but with some typing in some rooms. If it was the OP disregard this please.

@fandango whom are you talking to in your post? If it was me, I was talking about models who talk AND incorporate type as well, not just one or the other. That is why I said they mainly talk but with some typing in some rooms. If it was the OP disregard this please.

Yeah sorry I meant the OP. When I opened this thread in a new tab it would have been the first to reply but then I got distracted and went away for ages and by the time I'd posted it there was a whole bunch of other posts and it was out of place.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Influenced
I prefer talk. I understand where the models who English is not their first language prefer to type. But I would rather hear the voice.

The only time I've typed on cam was when I had laryngitis.

Last edited:
Where there do seem to be a surprising amount of people using MFC without audio, talking is much better.

When girls dont talk, I assume their english isn't very good. At that point, I should also be looking to see if she's even typing herself or are we talking with a studio third party.

There are some girls who find success being a sort of mfc mime much of the time. But that is the exception, not the rule.

I can't imagine members ever preferring typing over talking unless either they are desperate for attention, or are in a place with the site on mute so others don't know what they're watching. If you'd rather have it muted in case your roommate in the other room might hear, friggin buy headphones/ear buds! Very rarely are guys who claim they are deaf on cam sites actually deaf. Those who can hear you will want to hear your voice during things like dirty talking. They won't generally want to wait for you to type it out in paid chat.

As for the noise factor on the model's end...I'm not sure if this would work for everyone, but I tend to keep my voice lowered. My roommate knows what I do, but doesn't wake up and leave for work till around the middle of my shift, so I try to be courteous. I tend to get a lot of whisper-type ASMR guys because of this too (though I don't whisper in free chat, but rather talk softly.)

Typing IMO can be annoying because of the sound, and it makes you look distracted. For me talking is so natural that sometimes I accidentally respond verbally even when I know the person has sound.

However I have also noticed many models type, and I wanted to see if typing would create a more welcoming room for the shy people/lurkers. I don't have any conclusive results because I was never able to be consistent. But many times (I think?) my room did seem to get a little more talkative when I was typing. So my suggestion to models would be to occasionally type sentences or questions you're saying out loud, especially if they are important ones.

But talking is hands down more engaging. So that's my vote.

I usually do a bit of both for a couple of reasons.
I talk lots, well, because I guess i like to talk. But I will also randomly type things, and as the night gets later, I will do more typing and less talking, as I do not want to disrupt others in the household.

The other reasons why I choose to type randomly are because sometimes regular members in my room (usually tippers), will be in places where they have no audio, and I am one to include everyone.

and secondly, there are times when I have members in my room, that LOVE my accent, but unfortunately do not speak english, so I will communicate via text AND talking, so that the english members and I can communicate as normal, and also the people that speak another language can use a translator if they so choose, and feel included in what is going on. Everybody wants to feel included, and I try to accommodate that to the best of my ability.

Definitely talking!!! It is so much more engaging with your viewers, plus I find that if I'm typing I get distracted and miss out on so much of whats happening because I'm focusing trying to type out a reply rather than interact with my room. ( if you couldn't tell multi-tasking isn't my specialty):haha:

I'll type messages in my public chat room on MFC occasionally during a broadcast to encourage viewers to interact and keep my chatroom looking lively. This is in addition to speaking, though! Being able to chat with yourself for hours on end is basically a cam super power.

Reactions: fandango
Status
Not open for further replies.