AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

unstable fps meaning

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you are using. OBS Studio will have more control over things to help you tailor your connection to your broadcast resolution. First make you do an upload test and get a good feel for what you are working with.

Chaturbate has a site that gives some info on the recommended bitrates etc:

If you have a very low upload you will have to use lower resolutions, or upgrade to faster speeds. Possibly a camera with a hardware decoder like a C922 may help but really you need good upload speed and make sure can be connected to ethernet if possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
Possibly a camera with a hardware decoder like a C922 may help but really you need good upload speed and make sure can be connected to ethernet if possible.

logitech removed hardware encoding around 2 years ago, also I don't recall it working properly in OBS to begin with, at least not outside of low resolutions.

Upvote 0
OBS is good. I've a got a Logitech C922 running @1080p and I target 6000 Kbps CBR, Nvidia NVENC encoding, Quality preset, High profile. I usually just refresh the browser or quickly stop/start the stream if it gets unstable (which is rare). If that doesn't fix it then it's usually a CB server issue.

Reactions: ForumPoster
Upvote 0
tried to record and cb kept telling me this. How can i make it stable?

I understand that you're using OBS and that you are trying to record to a file at the same time than you're streaming.
When you don't record your stream, is it stable on CB side ?

If yes (and only if yes^^):
Imo, your connection with CB is OK, but your PC can be a just a bit weak to compute 2 videos and access your hard drive.

Ensure to use your graphic card to encode :
in parameters / output / Streaming :
Encoder = Hardware (QSV) or Hardware (NVENC)

Try to adjust your file quality and encoding :
in parameters / output / recording
You can try :
- Recording Path : select a local drive (not an usb or network one...) and if you got any and enough place, an ssd drive. you'll move files later)
- Recording quality : same as stream (else I bet it would compute twice the video rendering)
- Recording Format : mp4 (means with no encoding, hence no much time needed to compute)
(I think mkv should be fast also to encode but I never really tried :/ )

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.