AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

!Urgent! Can't password protect my mediafire file? :(

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2014
Hey everyone.

So I gave a video away to my highest tipper tonight but for some reason as soon as I uploaded it to mediafire there's no option to password protect it. There should be a option to do so in the "open actions menu" but it just isn't there for me. Did mediafire change something? Please help, I can't seem to do anything and it just floats around unprotected. :'(

uFWHbrt.jpg

Hello! They did remove the password feature, but you can still disable sharing and generate your own 1-time download links.

First you need to disable public access to your link. You will only need to do this step one time for each link and it will be set to private. (click pictures to enlarge if needed)

Whenever you make a sale you'll need to generate a 1-time DL link. The link will be different each time you sell the video. The link is invalid or "dead" once it has been used once. So each time you make a sale here are the steps:

After it's copied you can sent the link to the customer. If you need to sell multiples of the same video at once just click the green "generate" button on the left side after you've sent a link.

It's not as convenient as it used to be with the passwords, but at least the video link can't be shared around. I unfortunately paid to upgrade Mediafire so I'm sticking with it until my paid year is up.

Attachments

• mediafire1.png
    mediafire1.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 87
  • mediafire2.png
    mediafire2.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 85
  • mediafire3.png
    mediafire3.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.