AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

User "Reversed" Payment on OnlyFans

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2020
www.onlyfans.com
Chaturbate Username
hotindiana25
Today I logged into my OF to see $48 missing. After some investigation I discovered that the user "Cole Owens @pretyflywhteguy " had reversed a payment for a video as well as his subscription.

What the actual fuck??

This asshole subscribed & had access to months worth of content. He then asked for a particular video which he paid for and enjoyed!!

So why has the payment reversal been allowed? This is a dangerous precedent that puts us, the models at risk because what this says is that viewers can subscribe, enjoy content, purchase premium content and then get their money back while we, the models, suffer the consequences. This has already been a mindnumbingly slow month and I've only just managed to pay my bills so this $48 deduction is a huge blow!

I've written to support explaining the situation and requesting they not just reinstate my money, but ban this guy from OF

1604129211686.png

1604129228963.png

1604129267208.png

This really does suck. Sorry, you had a moron do it.
For some reason, it seems like maybe he has done it before, as he knows how to do it. It's not something I knew you could do - nor have I even thought about doing it (even if I do overspend).

I think you need to ask OF to investigate the guy to see if he has done it before to others because i think he most likely has.
I thoughts payments was final and non-refundable on OF anyway? Or is it different with subscription/video+photo purchases vs "tip"?

I was under the impression that if you accepted a refund from OnlyFans your account gets closed (but you can make another). I've also seen people say that they can fight the charges and win. I hope that's the case for you since you clearly fulfilled your obligation.

This really does suck. Sorry, you had a moron do it.
For some reason, it seems like maybe he has done it before, as he knows how to do it. It's not something I knew you could do - nor have I even thought about doing it (even if I do overspend).

I think you need to ask OF to investigate the guy to see if he has done it before to others because i think he most likely has.
I thoughts payments was final and non-refundable on OF anyway? Or is it different with subscription/video+photo purchases vs "tip"?
As you can see from the screengrab, he subbed & paid in the first few days of Oct. His payments were processed long ago. But he probaby "reversed" it last night as the money was deducted from my "current balance."

Perhaps this would be better hidden away in M.O... don't want to give any idiots ideas on how to try to scam us...? @AmberCutie

As far as the administration of chargebacks go.. I think unless the member asked support for a refund, if they did an actual chargeback OF will delete the user, ban the IP AND any payment methods used by that member on the site at large forever, so they do lose some capacity to continue to use the site plus any content they might have purchased in the past with said user regardless of whether the chargeback was for that content or not.

Different adult sites have different policies (hopefully in ToS) regarding whether they cover chargebacks or not. Many don't, but ban user, card etc as Mila said.

Today I logged into my OF to see $48 missing. After some investigation I discovered that the user "Cole Owens @pretyflywhteguy " had reversed a payment for a video as well as his subscription.

What the actual fuck??

This asshole subscribed & had access to months worth of content. He then asked for a particular video which he paid for and enjoyed!!

So why has the payment reversal been allowed? This is a dangerous precedent that puts us, the models at risk because what this says is that viewers can subscribe, enjoy content, purchase premium content and then get their money back while we, the models, suffer the consequences. This has already been a mindnumbingly slow month and I've only just managed to pay my bills so this $48 deduction is a huge blow!

I've written to support explaining the situation and requesting they not just reinstate my money, but ban this guy from OF

View attachment 86038

View attachment 86039

View attachment 86040

omg... exactlly same situation with same member... but 120$ reversed. I talk with OnlyFans support but they said they can't do nothing, just block this account. I only hope this is not going to repeat....

• Wat?!
Reactions: LenaSexton
Update from Support
"
Please be informed that these funds were reversed as this user's account was hacked. Our Anti-fraud department conducted the proper investigation and refunded all the fraudulent payments from that account.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused but we cannot collect and hold the money spent and earned in a fraudulent way.

If we may be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime. "

omg... exactlly same situation with same member... but 120$ reversed. I talk with OnlyFans support but they said they can't do nothing, just block this account. I only hope this is not going to repeat....
With the same user? Are you absolutely certain? If this is indeed the case then can I request that you email support about it? Perhaps they will see that this is a scam and refund both of us

I will reply to them and send them here to the thread

• Helpful!
Reactions: Emme Torx
Update from Support
"
Please be informed that these funds were reversed as this user's account was hacked. Our Anti-fraud department conducted the proper investigation and refunded all the fraudulent payments from that account.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused but we cannot collect and hold the money spent and earned in a fraudulent way.

If we may be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime. "
😩 he probably used a stolen credit card and subscribed and bought stuff and then whoever owns the card reported it. That would be my guess.

With the same user? Are you absolutely certain? If this is indeed the case then can I request that you email support about it? Perhaps they will see that this is a scam and refund both of us

😩 he probably used a stolen credit card and subscribed and bought stuff and then whoever owns the card reported it. That would be my guess.
It sounds like that's exactly what happened, both of you got hit by the same hacked account.
Update from Support
"

There's a model who had the same thing happen to her own account, someone hacked it, made a bunch of payments to it from a user account with a stolen credit card. Once the fraud/hack was found, model lost her account because after all the chargebacks from the actual credit card holder, her account was in the negative.

Perhaps this would be better hidden away in M.O... don't want to give any idiots ideas on how to try to scam us...? @AmberCutie
There are multiple users in this thread that do not have access to the M.O.

I just check it again, the user who did this with me have the name ' Chloe ' , and he has a purple name on Chaturbate ( djconflow ) He asked me for a password show there but paid on onlyfans, after I had the show few days later the money was reversed.

I just check it again, the user who did this with me have the name ' Chloe ' , and he has a purple name on Chaturbate ( djconflow ) He asked me for a password show there but paid on onlyfans, after I had the show few days later the money was reversed.

Really shitty for anyone to do, and especially a Dark Purple but this hopefully (unfortunately) shows you (and everyone) that just because someone does/can spend and buy tokens, they are no better than the greys that try and exploit.
Also, "djconflow" is a name that doesn't exist on CB, are you sure that's the name exactly?

Really shitty for anyone to do, and especially a Dark Purple but this hopefully (unfortunately) shows you (and everyone) that just because someone does/can spend and buy tokens, they are no better than the greys that try and exploit.
Also, "djconflow" is a name that doesn't exist on CB, are you sure that's the name exactly?
very frustrating.. especially in my first month on OnlyFans 🙁 here is the name with tip notes

Attachments

• 20201102_135346.jpg
    20201102_135346.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 32
Reactions: NotYou
I had the exact same user on cb, but just spammed in chat asking me to check messages then left the room. He got my onlyfans and messaged asking about passwords shows. I told him no, and the onlyfans subscription charge was refunded on my statement too. I'm sorry that happened to you 😔

• Hugs
Reactions: EllaM and NotYou
Update from OF
"
Thank you for contacting us back.

In your case, there were no chargeback claims. We reversed the funds as this user's account was hacked.

However, be advised that in case your fan (or the cardholder) issues an unsolicited chargeback against OnlyFans — it results in a full refund to them and deduction from your account. (https://onlyfans.com/help/2/12/45)

While your account is only deducted with that amount, our company pays the fee for the processing of that dispute. So your account is protected against additional fees, but the earnings amount is being deducted in case of the chargeback.

It is not possible for us to prevent this, as the chargebacks are processed directly by the banks, however, our system automatically blocks users who issue a chargeback claim against content providers on our platform.

If we may be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime.
"

Anyway I just want to say thank you to the lovely viewer who read this thread & tipped me a very generous amount on cb! All's well that ends well.

is there a time limit for when they can do the chargeback? for example, if they pay for a custom video, can you wait for a week till chargebacks are not possible?

People have the same problem with: paypal, money orders, gift cards, amazon Wishlist, and now OnlyFans.

If there is no Chargeback Protection, it's probable not a good way to take payment for customs or cam shows.

Chargeback protection has a broad definition. In this case it means they are only protecting you from the fees occurred in the chargeback process but you can still have the amount deducted. Paypal does not protect you from the fees at all in comparison. Money Orders are cash I don't know what problem you would have with them except they are very traceable.

Considering they had to cap OF to $50 it sounds like there's a lot of this going on. Hopefully they're looking for a better system.

thats why i dont use nothing else then sites that doesnt have charge backs, like chaturbate! i will die to work in private or work to make a video for a jerk who wont pay and also will post it all over ... im sorry for you :(

I think it's been pretty bad with accounts getting hacked lately. I got this a couple days ago:
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 9.29.41 AM.png

plus I had a reversal in my earnings just a few days before that. So I posted this on my timeline yesterday:
Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 9.30.23 AM.png

I think it's been pretty bad with accounts getting hacked lately. I got this a couple days ago:
View attachment 86128

plus I had a reversal in my earnings just a few days before that. So I posted this on my timeline yesterday:
View attachment 86129
Christ you would think “hackers” had better things to do with cc information than Subscribing to only fans accounts.

is there a time limit for when they can do the chargeback? for example, if they pay for a custom video, can you wait for a week till chargebacks are not possible?
I'm just going to copy/paste something that I wrote elsewhere with some things removed/added for readability purposes:

You could consider using ManyVids as a place to offer customs. Payout is 80% on customs and they do cover chargebacks. I am moving my customs to this platform.

As x said, you're not really supposed to do customs on OF so this is a risk you would be taking, on top of the risk of being hit with a chargeback. Additionally, if someone wants you to say their name, this is something that you cannot resell so you could be making this vid for zero compensation and get into trouble with OF. I personally would not use OF for a custom unless it's under $100 and the person has already 1) purchased PTV's from you and 2) likes the PTV's that they've purchased.

As far as I know, OF used to be okay with customs. Many things have changed on the site over the past several months, including that. I used to do customs on there every week or so for specific people, but I've stopped doing them completely since I've been back from my hiatus. Occasionally, I'll do a short 5 minute "custom" where I just do something that I know the person likes, throw it into a PTV for $50 - $100 and tell them that I made them something special that they might enjoy. However, I do not recommend doing this unless you know the person and their likes/dislikes really really well.

Much longer than that at least in Europe. At least 6 months and it might even be 12 months for digital goods. And the bloody cc company always agrees with the customer.
Real example from my work history: customer orders DVDs by paper mail, with a signed order form. It was shipped with recorded delivery, customer signed for receiving it. Over 6 months later he does a chargeback, I send copies of the signed orderform and receipt to the cc company and he still gets a refund and we get hit with the fees plus the original amount.
There is a reason adult is considered high risk by credit card processors, too many lying scumbag customers.
(Not that adult websites are without faults, in the early 00's it was wild west, look up card banging sometime)

Status
Not open for further replies.